Phantom Thieves of Hope - A D...

بواسطة Creepercraftguy

"Makoto Naegi is the Ultimate Lucky Student as the esteemed school of Hope's Peak Academy. Now beginning his... المزيد

Chapter 1: I am Thou, Thou art I.
Chapter 2: The Rabbit Hole.
Chapter 3: Me, Myself and I.
Chapter 4: Family Values.
Chapter 5: The Highwayman Came Riding...
Chapter 6: Penitentiary of Megalomania
The Phantom Files #1:
Chapter 7: The Warden of Lust
Chapter 8: The World Will Know Our Names...
Chapter 9: The Collective Unconscious
Chapter 10: Ties That Bind.
Chapter 11: Lil' Ultimate Heartbreak
Chapter 12: Detective Done Dirty.
Chapter 13: The Dollhouse of Authoritarianism.
Chapter 14: What Other People Do Not Know.
Chapter 15: Welcome to the Circus.
The Phantom Files #2:
Chapter 16: The Flaw in the Plan.
Chapter 17: The Dollmaker of Pride.
Chapter 18: Affection and Reflection.
Chapter 19: Hot Baths. Warm Hearts. Cold Worlds.
Chapter 20: Idolmaster
Chapter 21: Gifted Juveniles.
Chapter 22: Phantom Muse, Kyoto Blues
Chapter 23: Minority Report.
Chapter 24: Of Two Sisters...
Chapter 25: Shadows of Symphonys
Chapter 26: Sins of the Mother
The Phantom Files #3:
Chapter 27: Gala of Obsession
Chapter 28: Flight Of The Phantom Thief
Chapter 29: The Hostess of Envy.
Chapter 30: Home is where the Heart is.
Chapter 31: Interval of Silence.
Chapter 32: Professional Baggage Carrier
Chapter 33: Phantom Troupe/Study Group
Chapter 34: Makoto Naegi's Incredibly Average Life
Chapter 35: Convergence of Conspiracies
Chapter 36: The Underbelly.
Chapter 37: The Kamukura Project
Chapter 38: My Impurest Heart For You
Chapter 39: The Phantom Knight.
Chapter 40: Archipelago of Apathy.
The Phantom Files #4:
Chapter 41: Ultimate Summer Camp
Chapter 42: The Dares and Decisions of a Detective
Chapter 43: Things I've Never Felt Before
Chapter 44: The Obligatory Chapter where Makoto becomes a Harem Protagonist
Chapter 45: Electric Arcade Boogaloo
Chapter 46: Strange New Places, Familiar Faces
Chapter 47: Smile at Hope in the Name of Despair
Chapter 48: Game Over!
Chapter 49: The Island-Dweller of Sloth
Chapter 50: This is the End, Goodbye Island of Despair
Chapter 52: Tomorrow is Another Day.
Chapter 53: Sheltering Tree
Chapter 54: Super School's Stupendous Summer Sports Day.
Chapter 55: Go, Go, Phantom Thieves! Change Their Hearts and all that stuff...
Chapter 56: The High-Jump of Life

Chapter 51: Wish Upon a Star

374 10 8
بواسطة Creepercraftguy

Grave Situation - Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy

"Shit Shit Shit SHIT SHIT SHIIIIT!"

These profound screams came specifically from Razor as the entire temple around them started to crumble! With so much at stake and so little time, there was none to lose! On top of the temple, bridge, and platform, all beginning to completely collapse, the chamber suddenly started to fill with water, like the island itself had become a sinking submarine!

Most of the water fell into the abyss, and the Phantom Thieves were wondering whether it might fill up at all, but there was no way they were going to stick around long enough to find out.

The water was also bursting through the walls of the labyrinth once the team made their way through the open wall. If there was one saving grace, the walls of the maze had collapsed, which meant they no longer needed to make their way back through it or potentially get lost along the way.

But this slight glimmer of hope didn't retract from the very desperate situation of the team still being deep underground as the walls surrounding them started to collapse and the ground shook beneath their feet. When the reality set in that the labyrinth was crumbling around them and might bury them alive, panic broke out.

"We're gonna die down here! We're so gonna die down here!" Highwayman shrieked.

"Oh SHUSH!" Leprechaun spat, not waiting for them as he leaped over the crumbled stone, "We did NOT go through all this trouble just to be buried in a watery grave right at the end!"

"I can barely feel my legs anymore! My...hah...lungs feel like they're about to burst!" Mozart huffed.

Leprechaun unfortunately had no choice but to give her a reassuring pat on the back since they had absolutely no time to stop running. Had it not been for the rocky road, simply hopping into Usami's bus form would have made this so much easier, but until they all got back to the surface, they were on their own.

Usami in the rear was holding very tightly to Chiaki's hand, who, to no one's surprise, had never achieved acrobatic feats of speed on this level ever before in her life. Hajime seemed a tad more used to it, and whether that was because he still retained some experience from his time as Izuru or the fact that he seemed pretty athletic in general, no one was sure.

With quick thinking, the leading Leprechaun urged the others to follow him as they dashed across the fallen labyrinth, their hearts thumping with haste in their sprint to finish in time. They didn't falter despite the challenging, rocky, and uneven terrain they had to vault over.

The Lucky Student and his motley crew pushed themselves to the breaking point as the walls kept collapsing and debris rained down upon them, their legs hurting with every step and their lungs burning with exhaustion. They continued despite the heavy dust and the sound of stones smashing into the earth because they were desperate to get away.

When all hope appeared to be gone and their strength was almost gone, Makoto noticed a faint outline of light—a path out!

"WE'RE ALMOST THERE!" he cried, "COME OOOON!"

He gave them one last push forward, and finally, his companions' hearts swelled with relief as they emerged from the collapsing labyrinth and into the safety of the island beyond.

Except it wasn't.

The damage was even worse outside of the labyrinth than it was on the inside. The entire island was splitting apart like the tectonic plates beneath it were being divided apart! Several wide fissures opened up in the ground, creating more holes into the endless abyss that the Phantom Thieves had to use their acrobatic skills to leap over.

This turned out to be very difficult with Kyoko in tow, who possessed no such abilities. Eventually, Sleuth ran to her and offered to carry her on his back until they got to safety. With no other option, Kyoko agreed.

"I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS GOD-DAMN PARKOUR COURSE!" Hajime screamed as they sprinted past the crumbling infrastructure of the central island. The once peaceful island was now a land of destruction, with buildings collapsing and lava and flames bursting out of the ground, licking at the Phantom Thieves heels!

"USAMI, TURN INTO A BUS ALREADY!" Highwayman shrieked.

"I know, I know, just give me a seeeeEEEEEHEHEHEHEEEH!"

"Sorry!"

This short exchange came about as no sooner had Highwayman commanded this, Chiaki, who was holding tightly to Usami's hand, grabbed her, spun her around, and flung her high in the sky! Usami catapulted through the air towards the first island bridge, and as she fell down from above, she transformed into her magic bus form and hit the ground with a *CRASH!*

It was difficult to see and breathe because of the smoke and dust in the air. Still, the Phantom Thieves ran across the quivering earth and over the fissures towards the Usamobile, driven on by sheer willpower and the desire to avoid the approaching catastrophe!

And on top of that, the island's surrounding waters churned with fury as the archipelago continued to crumble into the sea, and the sky crackled with a storm! The ground erupted behind them in a massive volcanic explosion that sent them flying forward, sending them all screaming in fear!

Fortunately, Monomi shapeshifted the rear end of her vehicular body, and all eight escapees safely landed inside, albeit in a crumpled heap.

Sleuth was quick to leap up and swiftly take the wheel, slamming his foot down on the pedal while the rest of the Thieves tried to untangle themselves. But as he had suspected, as soon as the wheels touched the bridge, the entire foundation started to collapse!

"Step on it, Shuichi! Faster!" Kaede panted!

"I'm going as fast as I can!" he yelled back.

The Thieves had no choice but to trust their getaway driver, who managed to remain composed despite the imminent danger and the adrenaline coursing through their veins. Pressing the gas pedal to the limit, he sent the Usamobile hurtling forward, scurrying to get to the other side before the bridge collapsed entirely!

The car accelerated, leaping over large gaps as the bridge collapsed beneath them, and the friends felt their hearts race! As they ducked out of each section of the bridge that fell, the sound of crashing concrete and twisting metal filled the air!

"Oh no...!" Chiaki trembled, "WE'RE NOT GOING TO MAKE IT!"

Unfortunately, it seemed that she was right...! For the bridge started to crumble in front, and the Phantom Thieves screams were the only thing that could be heard above the gargantuan explosion that nuked the entire Palace!

X

And yet, in an unbelievable stroke of luck, when Leprechaun opened his eyes, he didn't find himself caught in an explosion. Instead, he felt cold stone on his cheek as he realized he was lying down on his side on some pavement.

He quickly scrambled up, sitting up and looking around to see his fellow Phantom Thieves, now back in their regular attire, in very similar positions (with Toko and Komaru basically on top of one another and blushing as they pried themselves away).

He looked up to see that they were just outside the gates of Hope's Peak Academy, confirming that in the nick of time, the Phantom Thieves had successfully made it back to the real world and narrowly avoided a dark fate.

"Is...UHUGH!? Is everyone still in one piece?" Shuichi spluttered, gripping onto a brick wall next to him as he heaved himself to his feet, with Kyoko prying herself away from him; since she was still on his shoulders when they reemerged on the other side. Makoto gently pounded his chest to ease his beating heart.

"Ugh...I...I think I broke my butt..." Komaru stood up, rubbing her rear and wincing.

"Komaru, it's not possible to break your butt, and if it were, you wouldn't be standing..." Kyoko panted.

"And don't worry!" Monomi added, "All butts are supposed to have cracks in them, so don't panic if you find one!"

"That joke's getting old!" Toko spat, "More importantly, where's-!?"

"Hey, hey!"

To answer her question before she could even finish it, the Phantom Thieves suddenly heard a familiar languid call out and turned their heads towards the school gates to see Chiaki Nanami waving at them from the other side of the road. They waved back, and after looking both ways, she crossed the street and met up with them.

Kaede was quick to hold her by the shoulder, as it looked like her legs were turning to jelly.

"Nanami, are you alright?" Komaru asked. Chiaki nodded.

"Yeah, I'm..." she said, but then hesitated, "I'm sorry, I...don't think I've met you before. You were the one with the Dead Red Preemption outfit, right?"

"This is my sister, Komaru," Makoto quickly introduced them, "but don't worry about that. Are you absolutely sure you're ok?"

"Yeah, you look like you can barely stand," Toko remarked. Chiaki nodded again.

"I promise you, I'm fine," she said, "That all came as a bit of a shock, that's all. Is that seriously what you all have to go through whenever you steal someone's heart?"

"Yes, but it's not usually that bad," Kaede promised her, "Listen though, don't we have bigger things to worry about?"

"Right, we should probably leave before someone spots us and wonders what we're all doing," Kyoko observed.

"Wait a second though," Chiaki piped up, "Where's Hajime-kun? Is he not with you guys?"

Everyone looked around. Even though Chiaki had shown up and reconvened with the rest of the group, Hinata himself was nowhere to be seen.

"You don't think he didn't make it out, do you...?" Komaru asked.

"He was with us in the car. I don't see how we made it out, but he didn't..." Shuichi pondered.

"He's alive; I know he is," Makoto reassured them all, "I mean, Nanami-senpai got out, but she reappeared here in a different place from the rest of us. Maybe the same just happened for Hinata?"

"Actually, I respawned in this world not too far away from where I entered the other one," Chiaki noted, "I was on campus talking to Mahiru-chan before I went inside. When I came back, I was just a few feet away from where I started."

"Hm...So maybe that means Hajime-kun reappeared close to where we last saw him," Monomi considered, "which would mean..."

"He's probably back at my house!" Kaede finished the thought, "That's where we last left him before we headed to the Palace. Sure, he might've left to go to the Palace, but if there's anywhere we can meet him, it's probably there!"

"Then let's get a move on!" Makoto steeled himself, "We'll get back to Kaede's house as fast as we can in case we lose him!"

With that, the rest of the Phantom Thieves turned and started running...

...

...and immediately stopped again, keeling over and wheezing from how short of breath they all were, with Komaru even collapsing to the floor.

"Uhugh...ugh...I... everything hurts...!" she moaned.

"Yeah...on second thought...ugh...let's pace ourselves...!" Makoto immediately shot down his prior suggestion, "My lungs feel like they're on fire...!"

Beautiful Dead - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc 

It took some considerable effort, and at least half an hour more than it should have, but stepping out of the Palace back into the real world after the constant fighting and damage the team had been subjected to did a number on them, and eventually, they finally made their way back to Kaede's home.

No sooner did they get through the gates, back up the path, and through the door, Toko, Komaru, and Monomi immediately headed straight for the living room sofa and collapsed into it with chronic groans from all three of them. Kaede was still kind enough to lend Chiaki her support all the way there.

Makoto frowned, but understood well enough why they were this way. Had it not been for the matter at hand, he would probably have sat down and refused to move anywhere either.

"Hinata!? Or uh...Kamukura!?" he shouted out, his voice echoing throughout the seemingly empty house, "Are you here!?"

"Where are you!?" Kaede also called out.

"Hinata-kun! Hajime!?" Chiaki joined them, "It's me, Chiaki! Are you alright!? Speak to me!"

"Something tells me he's not here anymore," Kyoko remarked, "but he was at one point. Once you catch your breath, search the house and see if you can find anything."

Although she said that, it didn't take very long for one of them to find something. Once she made sure Chiaki had the strength to stand on her own, Kaede went to her music room and swiftly found exactly what she was looking for, right where she had last seen Izuru Kamukura sitting.

On the body of the piano was a crumbled piece of paper that hadn't been there before. She called to let the other Phantom Thieves know that she had found it, and swiftly, they all gathered in the living room as a group to hear its contents.

Kaede's eyes quickly scanned over the message, but as everyone thought she was about to recount its contents, she instead handed the note to Chiaki.

"I think it's best if you read it," she said.

Skeptically, Chiaki retrieved the note, and with all eyes on her, she started to read the hastily scribbled handwriting aloud.

Tomorrow will be a Better Day - Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy

I'm sorry if this is hard to read. In case it wasn't obvious, this is Hinata, and I was in a rush to get this done by the time you guys got back.

I got back to the house before the rest of you. Don't worry, I promise I'm not trying to run away from you. But I'll be gone by the time you read this. I left everything as it was, save for this note.

After everything that happened back in that Palace, I woke up on this side with too many thoughts happening in my mind, like someone had just injected all of the memories I lost after being turned into the Ultimate Hope directly into my brain. I don't think this change of heart is complete yet, and I wanted to remove any chance of it possibly reverting, even if that's not technically possible.

Basically, I need to figure out what happened to my life in the three years that I haven't had one. I want to check up on my family, see if there are any old friends or neighbors that I can talk to. Piecing the puzzle back together basically, while I have the opportunity. 

The situation is kind of complicated, and I'll tell you about it when I get back. But this is something I need to do on my own. I hope you can understand. And when I'm done laying the groundwork, I'll try and find you guys again.

But while I have the chance, I want to say a few things in this note. To the Phantom Thieves, I'm sorry for all the trouble you went through for me. You didn't have to help me, but you did, and it sounds like it's been a lot of trouble. You wouldn't have had to go through it if I hadn't been such a moron, but I'm rethinking my life choices, and it's thanks to you all that I have the chance to change things. Thank you. So much.

And Nanami-san. If this letter finds you, I owe you an even greater apology. Not that I could ever give you one that would make up for all the pain I caused you these past three years. I don't really know what direction life is gonna take us both now, and I have no idea what the future holds. The one thing I DO know is that I want you to be part of it.

And I want to be part of yours. If you'll let me, even after all of this.

That's all I wanted to say. I'll show each of you my gratitude the next chance we have to meet. I'll be in touch.

-Hajime Hinata/Izuru Kamukura/Whatever the hell you want to call me.

Chiaki finished speaking and put the letter down. Her hands were shaking slightly as she stood there, reflecting on the words she had read. The rest of the Phantom Thieves were also in a state of disbelief.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say that sounded like a proposal~" Komaru broke the silence and wiggled her eyebrows tauntingly.

"Komaru, now's not really the time to be teasing. It sounds like he's on the up and up at least..." Kaede said, rolling her eyes.

"Which means...The nightmare is finally over..." Toko added.

"And so is the Kamukura Project..." Kyoko affirmed.

"Which just leaves one last piece of this whole abominable mess standing," Makoto stated, "the Steering Committee themselves."

"Whether Hinata's back or not, it doesn't matter. Now that we know what it is they've done, so long as they keep pushing this ridiculous hierarchy, society won't ever be safe," Shuichi stated, "We need to think of a way to take them down for good and bring an end to all this insanity before we have even more Kamukura's to deal with."

"I'm sorry, are we SERIOUSLY already talking about our next target, right after we've taken down our biggest one yet?" Komaru groaned, sprawled out on the sofa like she was melting into sludge, "Ordinarily I'd be down, but by god, I feel like I'm about to freaking die...!"

"Quit being such a bitch baby!" Toko snapped, acting like she wasn't equally tired out.

"No, Komaru is right. Like it or not, none of you are in any state to be stressing yourselves out over more Palace excursions. The Steering Committee's time will come, that much we all agree on, but after all that we've been through these past few weeks, you've earned a break," Monomi asserted, "On top of that, there are a lot of other things we need to deal with in the meantime."

"Yeah, that's right," Makoto nodded, "Hinata said he'd get back to us, so for now, we should probably wait to hear from him to make 100% sure the change of heart actually worked. Plus, there's the Hope's Peak Sports Day to deal with."

"And above all else, I don't think we should be talking about this in front of...well..." Monomi gestured her ears towards Chiaki, making her point clear immediately.

Tears threatened to burst from Chiaki's eyes as she read the words penned by her closest friend. Not sad tears, though. The words on this note were finally piecing her heart back together, as opposed to the agony of having to feel it shatter into a million pieces over the last few days.

Hope existed. She might finally have her old friend back to normal after three years. Finally.

"Nanami-senpai..." Shuichi uttered her name sadly.

"I'm alright," she assured him, "I'm really sorry you have to see me like this."

"Shuichi! I know you're tired, but be a dear and make Nanami-senpai a hot drink!" Kaede commanded. Acting almost instantly, she led Chiaki to an armchair in a quaint corner of the living room.

Following his sudden orders, Shuichi returned a short while later with a warm cup of tea and a freshly baked cinnamon roll, the aromas of comfort filling the room like a sweet embrace, while the other Phantom Thieves chatted with the Ultimate Gamer to quench her tears.

"You don't have to apologize for getting emotional, Nanami-senpai," Makoto assured her, "It makes sense after everything that's happened."

"I know...Thank you, Naegi-kun," she said, "and I'm sorry. I know you've got some important things to talk about, and I promise I'll be out of your hair soon..."

"Hey now," Monomi tilted her head, "there's no rush. We enjoy your company! It's not like we're trying to get rid of you so we can get down to business."

"Be that as it may, this is still Phantom Thief stuff," she said, "and it's as Hinata-kun said in his letter. I need time to wind down after all of this. There are some feelings I need to sort out in my mind, and I'd prefer to do it alone."

"Well, before you go, you should at least take a bath first," Kaede told her, "If you go home all bleary-eyed from tears and sweating from the Palace, your parents are going to think something's up. Come with me; I'll show you where everything is."

Chiaki nodded and wiped her eyes and nose with her sleeve.

"Thanks, Akamatsu-chan," she smiled, "I'll take you up on that offer."

The rest of the Phantom Thieves watched as Kaede escorted Chiaki up the stairs towards her bathroom. They all sat in silence, listening to the distant conversation between the two girls upstairs, followed by the sound of hot running water. After it started, Kyoko was the first person to speak up.

Beautiful Lie - Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony

"I'm glad that Hinata's Palace has finally been taken care of," she said, "but somehow, things have gotten even more complicated than before."

"Not only did Chiaki Nanami-senpai awaken to a Persona right behind our backs, but on top of that, Hajime Hinata himself awakened to one," Shuichi recounted, "That's two new Persona-users on our radar, on top of the Phantom Killer and Knight."

"Yeah, well, at least these one's are on our side," Toko pointed out, "What are we gonna do? After everything that's happened, should we just leave them to their own devices?"

"I don't really know what to do about Hinata. His Palace may be gone, but you saw the note. He's got his own battles to fight in the meantime," Komaru chimed in, "As for Nanami...I mean...should we let her join up...?"

"Join the Phantom Thieves, you mean?" Shuichi asked. Komaru rolled her eyes.

"No, Shuichi, a worker's union! What the hell else could I mean?" she snapped, "I mean, come on. She's already got a Persona, right? And she's been inside the Palace before, defeated the Gorilla Mechabeast on her own, and saved us right at the end when Hinata's Shadow was about to turn us into sand. She seems like a good fit for the team, in my opinion."

"Komaru's got a good point," Toko said, "I mean, it's not like there's any reason to not at least ask, right?"

"Ultimately, it's up to Makoto and the unanimous decision of the team as a whole. I'm still in disbelief that this all happened..." Monomi asserted, "Although having her on the team would be nice, I wish for her to be safe. To be honest, I've grown pretty attached to that girl, and I'm concerned about my ability to mentor a novice at this point in the game."

"You've been quiet for quite some time now, Makoto," Kyoko observed, "It's your call, of course, but I'm interested to hear your opinion on this whole thing."

"Yeah...Sorry for not chiming in, but this is pretty serious," Makoto finally spoke up after her prompting, "To be honest, I knew Nanami-senpai had the Metaverse Navigator a while ago, and I couldn't write off the possibility that she might use it to investigate Hinata's situation on her own. But I told her to be careful because I didn't want to drag anybody else into this problem. Honestly, this situation was what I was trying to avoid all along."

"You don't think she has it in her to be a Phantom Thief?" Toko inquired.

"That's not it. Not at all. She's more than capable, actually," Makoto refuted, "It scares me to think about her getting hurt, but as Komaru mentioned, she's already done Palace exploration on her own and defeated one of the five bosses with only Shadow Izuru as backup. Plus, now that Hinata's Palace has been dealt with, our next targets will most likely be..."

"The Steering Committee themselves, right? Like we've been saying," Shuichi's expression darkened, "At this point, it's way overdue."

"We've managed to officially stop the academy honcho's big operation. Now it's just a matter of getting them to confess to their many crimes," Monomi acknowledged, "And after everything they've both been put through thanks to them, Chiaki-chan and Hajime-kun have more right than any one of us to get revenge on those old crones."

"On top of that, Nanami-senpai saved us in the Palace with her Persona's unique abilities, and Hinata's power is almost as monumental as mine, especially now that he's combining the power of two Shadows," Makoto concluded, "so yeah, if you want my opinion, I think we should take them on. Both of them. But that's ONLY if both of them are up for it."

"Well, like I said, we'll ask Hinata if we end up running into him again. I just really hope Nanami agrees," Komaru said, crossing her fingers, "Having someone like that watching our backs in the Palaces will mean that those distorted adults will have NOTHING on us from here on out!"

"I'm all for whatever you guys suggest," Kyoko added, "She doesn't seem like the Phantom Thief type, but maybe I'm mistaken."

"Let's fill Kaede in when she comes back downstairs. Then we'll ask her once she's done with her bath."

X

"Join the Phantom Thieves? I don't mind..."

"That was quick!"

Beautiful Days - Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

Chiaki gave her response very quickly after the group had once again gathered in the living room. She was now wearing different, cleaner clothes that Kaede had lent her, and she smelled very nice after having recently gotten out of the bath after a good soak. Once Makoto had popped the offer, the Phantom Thieves were quite surprised at how...easy the answer had come.

"But didn't you just say that you needed time to think about all of this?" Kaede asked.

"Well, yes...I did...and I do...But I don't really see much of a reason to turn you down," Chiaki drummed her lap with her hands, "I mean, my powers in that world seem tailor-made to helping you guys. And if you're looking to stop the Steering Committee, I'd really like to help."

"Well, that's nice and all," Toko said, "but...man, you're pretty impressive."

"You...really think so...?" Chiaki frowned, confused.

"Well, yeah, I agree with her," Kaede chimed in, "but we get that pretty regularly in this group. So don't worry about ever feeling really out of place here."

"Thank you," Chiaki smiled, but said smile quickly faded, "But if I'm really going to do this, there's something I have to let you guys all know first."

"What's that?" Kyoko asked.

"I've always respected the Phantom Thieves goal of reforming society and stopping corrupt adults. So trust me when I say I'm more than happy to have your back on whatever happens," she promised them, "but speaking personally, I don't really have much of an interest in reforming society myself. All I want is Hope's Peak's influence to be taken out of it."

She twiddled her thumbs awkwardly.

"Our school is so influential that the people who run it from the shadows can say whatever they want to the world, and people will believe them. Hinata-kun believed them, and we all know how that turned out," she said, "so my decision to join this team isn't out of heroism or my own sense of righteousness. It's spite. Spite against those lying dastards who try to wrap the innocent and "talentless" around their fingers and make them feel inferior. I just don't want what happened to Hajime to happen to anybody else."

"Hey, that's totally fair," Komaru comforted her, "After everything you've been through because of them, I don't blame you for wanting revenge."

"Though it is a bit unexpected coming from you," Shuichi chuckled.

"I'm just glad you guys were able to forgive me after I went behind your backs," she said, looking down at her hands dismally, "Not only did I go against what Naegi-kun asked of me, but I did it despite knowing you were already on top of it, and I almost died a few times...It was really stupid..."

"Be that as it may, you saved our lives in the end," Makoto reassured her, "You're right that I'm not happy about how you did all that, and yes, it WAS stupid, but it's water under the bridge. So long as you stick to the rules we have in place now, there's always gonna be a place for you in this group."

"I guess I shouldn't be surprised you have a Phantom Thieves Code," Chiaki contemplated, "What rules might those be?"

"The big one is that we don't use our powers to kill, no matter how awful our opponents are," Monomi educated, "dealing with the Metaverse can have dangerous consequences if we ever go too crazy with our powers. It could even lead to our targets accidentally dying in the real world via mental shutdown."

"So we need to tread carefully and avoid making that mistake," Toko reinforced, "We also don't ever do anything as a group unless everyone unanimously agrees with it. That goes for you too."

"And the last big one is that we like to keep things casual here. We may be professional Thieves, but this isn't an office setting or anything. We're just friends hanging out most of the time," Komaru explained, "With that being said, I hope we get along, Chiaki!"

"Y-Yeah...Me too, Komaru!" she replied, very quick on the uptake, "And thank you for the opportunity, Makoto-kun. I swear, I won't let you down."

"Glad to hear it...Chiaki-senpai," Makoto blushed, embarrassed by how he was unable to drop the respectful honorific, even when calling her by her given name. Chiaki didn't seem to mind though. She placed a hand on her chest and smiled.

"I hope you're proud of me, Hajime," she said under her breath, "I'm making more friends...just like...you said..."

"Um...Chiaki?" Kaede tilted her head, "Are you doing okay there?"

"You're not sick or anything, are you?" Monomi asked.

The girls asked this because after her quiet monologue, Chiaki's voice gradually got quieter, and her body slowed down until it basically froze. She shut her eyes as well, and her face relaxed.

"Um...did she just...fall asleep?" Kyoko raised an eyebrow.

"Just like that? That's not possible...right?" Komaru asked.

"I mean, she WAS very tired after what happened earlier," Shuichi sweated, "It makes sense if she conked out, no matter how sudden."

However, shortly after, the sleep bubble popped, and Chiaki jolted awake again.

"...Ah, sorry. I was getting a little sleep..." she confirmed.

"While you were sitting up? Impressive..." Kaede pointed out, "Are you feeling alright? Do you need to lie down?"

"No...Well, yes, I really do, but this is actually normal for me," she explained, "When I'm gaming, I tend to forget about sleeping. Sometimes I even forget to breathe."

"That's not good!" Makoto exclaimed.

"Plus, I keep having nightmares. I've been having a lot more of them lately," the gamer girl said, "In fact, I had a bad dream the other day, so I've been a little scared."

"Was it about Hinata?" Monomi asked, "Oh dearie...To think you've been losing sleep over this stuff...I feel so sorry for you."

"Uh...well, no, not exactly," Chiaki deadpanned, "it was a dream about Trio the Punch."

"Trio the...huh...?" Toko frowned.

"I dreamed that I was on Jabberwock Island, fighting against the other monsters that guarded the bridges, and one of them changed into a bald old man with a thin mustache. It's probably because that game also takes place on a tropical island," Chiaki clarified, but also...didn't, "The more I think about it, the more that situation feels like that bizarre action game! I'm surprised we didn't eventually end up turning into sheep!"

"Wait...I'm sorry...Trio the Punch is...a game, right? What kind of game is it?" Shuichi asked, thoroughly baffled.

"Um...More importantly!" Makoto cut this question off before Chiaki had the chance to go on a lengthy rant, "You must really enjoy games, huh Chiaki-senpai? I mean, being the Ultimate Gamer that much is obvious, but I don't think I've ever truly asked you about it before."

"Hm, how should I put it?" Chiaki turned her head skyward, "I like it, but gaming is my life. Or maybe life is just a game?"

She shrugged, but then her face turned serious.

"Either way...that's all the more reason why things like Hope's Peak's hierarchy and societal view shouldn't be allowed," she asserted, "If life really is like a game, then in my eyes, it's not worth living or playing if you're not having fun. It doesn't mean anything if you just focus on winning or losing or what skills you can learn that will give you the optimal experience instead of the fun one."

"That's...actually very sound philosophy," Kyoko cracked a smile, "While happy endings aren't necessary for games, winning them should still provide some sort of reward."

"Right!?" Chiaki enthused, "There might be weird games here and there, but there are ways of enjoying those, too. That's why bizarre games are fun. You can beat them as long as you do your very best."

"Hehe...Typical of the Ultimate Gamer, of course. That kind of game would probably make me give up on it," Makoto admitted.

"Oh man! Now I can't wait for us to hold our next Thieves' Den meeting!" Komaru's eyes sparkled, "I really wanna play games with Chiaki-chan!"

"Thieves Den?" Chiaki parroted.

"Basically our hideout," Shuichi explained, "this place is kind of an auxiliary meeting point for us, but our actual abode is Toko's old flat, which we've dolled up to be more suitable as a lair for our missions. As Komaru implied, we have a game console there."

"We'll get your equipment and figure out your code name later as well," Makoto promised.

"You do realize she's gonna crush you if you try to fight her in a game, right?" Toko asked. Komaru rolled her eyes.

"It's not about winning or losing; didn't you just hear her?" she asked, "Trust me, Chiaki! You're gonna love it there!"

"Yeah...I can't wait..."Chiaki nodded, albeit a little solemnly.

"Is everything alright?" Makoto asked, "You're acting rather..."

"Huh? Oh, no, I promise, I really am excited!" she told him firmly, "Really!"

"Yeah, I know, I believe you," he assured her, "but you look like you've got something else on your mind. Is everything okay, or is there something else you want to talk about?"

Chiaki rubbed her eyes, looking like she was about to nod off any second.

"Yeah...Just...I'm worried about something," she admitted, "Honestly, I'm really super smashed right now..."

"You're...I...what...?" Kyoko frowned.

"She means she's tired," Makoto translated.

"Yeah, and I'm worried," she said, "I live all the way in Kichijōji. If I get the train back there, I might fall asleep or collapse on the way. I can barely keep myself awake as is."

"I know this is her own disposition that's causing that, but to be honest, I'm the same," Toko admitted, "What with fighting Shadow Hinata, that Mechamalgamation, and escaping that collapsing island? It hit me like a god-damn wrecking ball when we finally got out. I'm honestly surprised I even had the strength to stand and make it all the way back here."

"I see...so it wasn't just me..." Shuichi hung his head, "If I may be honest, I too feel like I may pass out at any given moment..."

"Yeah, I think this is the most exhausted we've all been since starting out," Makoto added, "Kaede? Would it be rude to ask that we all stay the night here? We'll head home in the morning when we've all rested up."

"Not a problem," Kaede beamed, "I'll get the futons ready and make everyone some hot drinks."

"Sorry to intrude," Chiaki said, pulling out her phone, "I should probably let my parents know I won't be home tonight."

"Well, don't worry about me," Kyoko stood up, "I'm tired too, but I can't really stay here. I need to get back to the KDA and file some reports."

"Are you joking?" Komaru frowned, "Tiredness aside, you got super banged up in the Palace! You almost got crushed beneath some rubble! You can't pretend that you're not injured!"

"Komaru's right," Makoto stated, "I get that your job's important to you, but even you're smarter than sacrificing your health for the sake of it. Like it or not, you're in no position to exert yourself."

"But I can't impose, and I have to-" Kyoko stood up, looking like she was heading for the door, but before she could make much headway, Chiaki stood up and grabbed her wrist.

Kyoko looked back at her in surprise to see Chiaki puffing her cheeks comically; her brow furrowed angrily.

"Stay!" she commanded. Kyoko tutted.

"I'm not a dog...!" she sighed, "Fine, fine, I'll stay..."

"Wow...honestly can't tell if that counts as puppy dog eyes or a mothers demanding glare..." Kaede remarked.

"Well, I should think Chiaki-chan gets her say here," Monomi smirked, "It's impolite to refuse your upperclassmen after all."

"Oh wow, that's right!" Komaru raised her eyebrows, "I totally forgot about this, but she is actually the senpai of everyone here!"

"She's also her class's representative," Shuichi reminded her, "and maybe with time, we'll see why."

Exploration//After Hours - Danganronpa 0 UST

"Hm...That's certainly an interesting turn of events..."

Back at Hope's Peak Academy, even late in the evening, Yasuke Matsuda was sitting at his desk and examining some wavelengths on his computer. As he drummed the keyboard and refreshed the scanner with one hand, he held a phone up to his ear with the other, talking to an unknown person on the other end of the line.

"Man, I pity the Steering Committee," it laughed, "if he really has disappeared, that's what? Almost a century worth of study completely up and gone?"

"Pity ME," Matsuda snarled, "I'm the one who has to deliver them the goddamn news."

"You can do it, I believe in you," the voice chuckled back, almost tauntingly, "but hey. If it makes you feel any better, I'm kinda reeling from this as well. The Committee aren't the only one's who were betting a lotta coins on that whole operation."

"You're right. That does make me feel a bit better," the corners of Matsuda's mouth turned up a millimeter, "but you're still the one who's suffering the least."

"You say that like YOU'RE the one who's suffering the most!" the voice retorted, "but I'm calling to let you know that...there's been a slight change of plans."

"Really, I hadn't noticed," Matsuda bit back sarcastically, "do you mean beyond not having a potential outlet to do your dirty work for you?"

"Kamukura-kun going off the map is a tad annoying, yeah, but I still have so many other things I still wanna do," the voice murmured, "and let's not kid ourselves. He was NEVER going to be my outlet. I have much bigger fish in mind, especially now that he's gone."

"You mean the Phantom Thieves, right?" Matsuda asked, "what are you plotting? You're seriously not considering tracking him down? You do realize that if his heart HAS been changed, he won't have his powers anymore."

"Well, I'd rather not take my chances. Based on the way you described it, the anomaly was more than just the Palace collapsing or the Treasure being stolen," it replied, "But let's answer your question with another question. Do you still have documentation on the Kamukura Project and who was involved?"

"I got a full list," Yasuke replied, reaching over to one of his drawers and sliding it open, checking to see if said list was still inside, "luckily, I was able to fend off little-miss princess long enough that she didn't end up searching and finding it."

"Good boy! Have a treat!" the voice taunted him some more, "listen to me. I need you to send me that list, as well as any evidence on the Kamukura Project that you can get your little mitts on. Video footage and evidence photos preferably."

"I see...Right, I'll get on that," Matsuda promised, "wanna tell me what it's about though? Or are you gonna keep me in the dark until the unveiling of your "big surprise?""

"Well, I'm planning a big thing. Something that's going to bring about global change, and shake the world to the core!" the voice assured him, "I need some helpers for that, so please find some for me at the school. People who are...weak. Open to convincing. Dare I say, "lost." You know the type."

"Uh-huh..." he nodded dismissively, "again...why exactly?"

"Well like you said my dear, THAT'S the surprise. You'll see if you just find some for me."

"Fair enough...anything else?" he inquired.

"Nothing too crazy, just let me know what transpires. I'm really invested right now," the manic voice giggled on the other end of the line, "What will the Phantom Thieves of Hope come up with next? They're playing a really entertaining game, and I'm really into it! I'm want wait to watch how much of that repulsively gloomy hope spreads throughout the academy!"

"Good for you..." Matsuda sighed, "I honestly can't tell if you're in love with these randos or if you hate their guts. You're giving me mixed signals."

"Fear not, Yasuke-kun! These guys are ours! They may have big plans, but the higher up they go, the easier it will be to bring 'em down!" the voice became sinister and sickeningly silly, "I'm enjoying watching his game far too much in the meantime. It's far more fascinating than I anticipated."

"It's not just a game. It's an attempt at complete social reform," the Neurologist asserted, "if these guys get their way, you can kiss your own aspirations and plans for the future a sorrow goodbye. I know that I'm asking stupid questions, but doesn't that bother you even slightly?"

"It's not the first time that's happened, y'know?" the Ghostface wannabe sighed, and Matsuda could hear the sound of them drumming their fingers on a table of some kind, "it's not exactly something you can pull off with just changing the cognition of a few rotten apples. There's gotta be more to it than that."

"Well, other than a few names, I don't have any leads. Nothing substantial enough to establish a link. Nonetheless, the degree of coordination points to a group effort," Yasuke picked up a notepad of notes that he'd collected based on the news coverage he had been watching as of late, dating up to the public scandal involving Kirie Akamatsu at the Tokyo Dome, "I was initially thinking that it might just be one man acting like he has his own group of friends in order to scare people away from him, but I'm now certain that this is a real group project. And what's more..."

"Hm?" the voice hummed as he trailed off. 

"What's more...I'm convinced that Kirigiri is one of them..." Matsuda uttered.

"Oh shit, for real? THAT'D be a damn good plot twist!" the menacing unknown figure chuckled, "Make sure you keep tabs on that girl and her father. If ANYBODY is a threat to what we're working towards, it's her. But soon enough, we'll cover the entire planet in Despair if we just keep on keepin' on."

"Well if you need me for anything, I'm here for you," Matsuda told them, "make sure you pop by so I can give you a checkup. I'm worried about your mental state."

"Daw, you're so sweet," the voice sounded ditzy and sweet, but then very suddenly shifted into dark, mysterious and foreboding, "just remember what I asked of you. I gotta go now. Our beautiful "Phantom Killer" is patiently awaiting my return. Give me a call if something noteworthy happens."

"Yeah, yeah, I got it..." Yasuke rolled his eyes, "I need sleep, so can you hang up already?"

"No YOU hang up~" the voice teased.

"Ok..." Matsuda scowled, and did so.

Once he was done, he turned off his computer, grabbed a copy of his manga, and lazily made his way over to his bed before he slumped himself in it. He planned to read for a bit before he nodded off for good, but he wondered whether there was really any point.

Especially since he had a LONG day tomorrow.

Truthfully, Matsuda wasn't crazy about all this new world order bullshit that his allies were secretly planning. If anything, he detested the thought of the world becoming drowned in a feeling of despair and misery. He loathed the very idea of it. And the only reason he'd gotten this far in is because he wanted to support his only friends and honestly didn't believe they had what it took to make it a reality.

That was before he found out they could control the Metaverse. Then it seemed like a distinct possibility.

But even so, there were worse things than the end of the world. And with how far he was in, he had little choice but to endure it and do as he was told. 

He leaned back, using his pillow as a perch, and scanned the pages of his manga, letting his thoughts fade into it.

Tomorrow was going to suck...

Beautiful Ruin - Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

Even though it was still rather early in the evening, the Phantom Thieves collectively were so exhausted that most of them conked out the minute their heads hit their pillows. In stark contrast to the last time they had slept over at Kaede's place, since that time, they'd stayed up late after forgetting to study.

Despite her prior protests, it was clear that Kyoko was absolutely exhausted. Before she'd gotten to sleep, Kaede had touched her up with some painkillers, plasters and bandages for the injuries she'd suffered from almost being crushed into Kirigiri-Salami, and it had evidently done her a lot of good. Makoto was hoping to talk to her before they went to bed, but surmised that it was best that she get some rest first.

After all, the problem wasn't completely over. Hinata's change of heart was clearly still in progress, so even though the Palace was gone, they still had to wait to hear back from him. On top of that, with the Phantom Thief matters now in limbo, they had to focus on being good students, and preparing for the eventful summer sports event that was on it's way. 

It was here, as he was drifting off, looking at the sleeping faces of his teammates that he remembered the event in question was going down in a few days time. Were they all going to recover in time to put on a show and act like nothing was wrong?

Makoto sighed, realizing he was getting uppity again and chose to set his problems aside and take a nap for the time being. The Phantom Thieves were fast asleep in the room where a crack in the curtain let in a soft silvery glow from the full and heavy moon hanging in the night sky.

But in the darkness, a lone figure stirred as the clock reached eleven. Even though he finally felt himself nodding off, the sound of rustling sheets and creaking floorboards startled him awake. He strained to see in the dim light, blinking blearily as he saw, rising from her futon with an almost ghostly grace, none other than Chiaki Nanami.

Makoto wanted to call out to her to ask her if she was okay, but he was afraid to wake up his peers. Rather, he observed Chiaki walking across the room in silence. She wasn't sleepwalking, as he could tell by the intentionality and deliberateness of her movements. In the silence of the night, he could hear her muttering under her breath, her words unintelligible.

It was here he noticed that Monomi was also awake, and had noticed the same thing as he had. She turned to him and nodded, and he nodded back.

Makoto and Monomi made the decision to follow the gamer girl through intrigue and anxiousness. The rabbit slid off the bed, hopped up on his shoulder, and he cautiously padded across the wooden floor in his bare feet.

His careful movements gave way to his speed, and he quietly followed Chiaki up the stairs. At first he thought that she might be moving to Kaede's bedroom, because the futons weren't comfy enough for her. But remembering that she had earlier almost fallen asleep while sitting upright, this seemed rather unrealistic. 

Turns out he was half right though. Chiaki did indeed go into Kaede's bedroom, but when he and his plucky rabbit companion followed her inside, they didn't find her on the bed. Instead, she was looking out of the window.

Only when he slowly opened the door did Chiaki realize she was being followed. She turned around to look at them in surprise, and all Makoto could do was awkwardly wave back.

"I'm so sorry," he whispered, "we're not trying to spy on you. We just got worried about where you were headed."

"Are you alright, Chiaki-chan? Are you having trouble sleeping?" Monomi inquired, "do you still have a few things on your mind?"

"Well...yeah, I do..." Chiaki relaxed and nodded, "but there's no helping that. I'm sorry I worried you, but truthfully, I was looking for a good view outside."

"Why's that?" Makoto asked.

"Well, for stargazing," Chiaki told him, "aside from video games, it's a hobby of mine. We have a staircase in my house that leads up to the roof, and sometimes I'll go up there with my mom and dad and just...take in the view. I don't know a lot about stars, but they're very nice to look at."

"Oh! I...didn't know that about you," Makoto was rather pleasantly surprised by this, "so you were trying to see if there was a similar vantage point here that you could look at the stars from and clear your mind?"

"Exactly!" Chiaki smiled, but her face quickly turned into a sad pout, "at least, that's what I was HOPING but..."

Monomi and Makoto drew closer to the window and peeked outside, discovering why it was she seemed so down. The stars were no longer visible due to the onset of dark clouds that covered the sky. Monomi let out a sigh.

"I suppose it's a little cloudier than you anticipated, huh?" Monomi asked. Chiaki nodded.

"Yes, it was," she made the motion as if she intended to lift her hood over her head; something she typically did if she was upset or trying to shut the world out, but had forgotten that she wasn't wearing it and made the motion through muscle memory, looking a tad embarrassed as she lowered her hands, "I thought that the stars from up here would be ever the much brighter, but even now my hopes continue to be crushed. I just hope it doesn't suggest anything..."

"Didn't take you for someone who believes in fate or horoscopes," Makoto observed, "spend enough time with my classmate Yasuhiro Hagakure, and that'll be swiftly fixed."

Chiaki chuckled at his attempt at humor.

"Hm...It is a shame, but it's not all that bad," Monomi chimed in, "don't look up there Chiaki-chan. Look down there."

Chiaki, though confused and hesitant, did as she was requested, and Makoto did the same.

It Is You I Need - Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy

Even though the clouds were covering the night sky, Kaede's house being on top of a small hill meant her window looked out over the rest of the city around her, and its sparkling lights.. A captivating tapestry that extended as far as the eye could see was created by each light as it appeared to dance in the darkness.

"The world can truly be beautiful, no matter how much darkness lurks within it," Monomi uttered, "it may not be a star-filled night sky, but the view from here is breathtaking as well, wouldn't you say?"

"Yeah, you're right..." Chiaki gasped quietly, "it all looks so clear from here..."

"Shibuya really is a city that never sleeps," Makoto added, "this late in the evening and it's still bustling out there. Up here, the streetlights look like holiday lights..."

"I can also hear faint musical sounds. And who is listening..." Chiaki pondered, "You're right Monomi-sensei! It's like a starry night sky on solid ground. It's amazing!"

"You're the one who's really amazing, Chiaki-chan," Monomi smiled back, "it's almost like you can see the colors of those emotions. It's very impressive!"

Chiaki shook her head sadly.

"I almost wish I truly had such an ability," she said, "maybe then, I would have noticed Hinata-kun's plight earlier, and would have been able to give him the help that he needed."

"Alright that's enough," Makoto frowned, "what's done is done. You can't keep playing the blame game, Senpai. I would know, it gets you absolutely nowhere in life."

"I know, I know," Chiaki forced a sad smile, "I've just got a lot to feel guilty about..."

Monomi rested on the windowsill and looked up at her.

"Tell me something, Chiaki-chan," she said, "do you have a favorite star or constellation?"

"Hm...I guess I quite like Sirius," Chiaki replied after some quick but patient thinking, "It's the night sky's brightest star, and occasionally the brightest object overall. The only celestial bodies that can outshine it when above the horizon are the Moon, the planets Jupiter, Venus, Mars, and occasionally Mercury."

"You're well-educated. You just keep impressing me," Monomi beamed, "see, MY favorite is Crux."

"Crux?" Makoto parroted. Monomi nodded.

"It's a constellation. Others call it the Southern Cross," Monomi educated, "the star that corresponds to Polaris in the north is not in the south, so it was used as a guide instead. Although the Southern Cross is a constellation found in...well...the southern sky, it can be observed in Okinawa under certain conditions."

Monomi turned her head back to the window, and looked upwards at the still black and cloudy sky.

"The first time I saw that glow with my own eyes was one of my earliest memories of this world, and it was breathtakingly beautiful," she explained, "In addition, I've heard that this constellation has long been adored by people in the southern hemisphere. It turns out that this constellation appears on the national flags of a large number of southern hemisphere nations and regions. Among the examples are Brazil, Australia, and New Zealand."

"That's definitely amazing," Chiaki played with the hem of her pajama shirt, "but where exactly are you going with this?"

Monomi turned back and smiled.

"Since ancient times, the Southern Cross has shone unaltered, drawing large crowds and being revered and loved as a sign. Similar to how you are with this team and your peers, Chiaki-chan," she said, "back when I first saw you, Makoto-kun told me that you were one of the most beloved students in the school by your classmates, your kouhai and your teachers. And it's not difficult to see why."

"You...really told her all that...?" Chiaki asked bashfully.

"It's true!" Makoto assured her.

"That's what you do Chiaki-chan. And your Persona reflects it. You are the hope and ideal of everybody around you that looks up to you. The fact that there are so many is proof of just how amazing you are!" Monomi added, "and as things are, that constellation has become more to me than just pretty lights in the sky. It's become...a goal."

"A goal?" Chiaki parroted.

"I don't think I ever really told you this, but the truth is I don't remember much of anything before I met Makoto and Toko in Haiji Towa's Palace," the rabbit admitted, "I don't know who I am, where I came from, or whether I'm really even a rabbit at all. Being with the Phantom Thieves, I've become determined to discover for myself the answer to those griping questions..."

"Amnesia," Chiaki frowned, worried, "that's strange...You seem to know so much about the world..."

"Except HOW I know so much about the world as it happens," Monomi's face soured, "You may all be my students, but even as a teacher, there are so many things I still need to learn. However there is one thing I'm sure of..." 

She hopped slightly closer to Chiaki, who leaned down closer in turn to listen.

"Even if I never truly find out what I am, or where I come from, I know what it is I want. More than anything," she said, her ears and nose twitching, "I want you, me, Makoto, Komaru, Toko, Shuichi, Kaede, and Kyoko—the Phantom Thieves— to shine as brightly as a constellation. And I want to be the ones who captivate people for all eternity like the Southern Cross. And now that you're with us, I know it's more than possible."

"Monomi-sensei..." Chiaki looked touched, like she was about to cry. Admittedly, even Makoto felt his eyes welling up.

"I...never imagined you thought like that..." he said, "but she's right. We're serious about this Chiaki-senpai. It's great to have you on the team, and you could never ever be a problem to any of us. It was a rocky start, but we're proud to call you one of us."

Chiaki wiped her eyes and smiled back, her tears glistening in the light.

"Got it. In the future, I'll be depending on each and every one of you," she promised, "and I'll do whatever it takes to bring the Phantom Thieves to the stars!"

Makoto grinned a cheerful, smitten and happy grin back at her, and with her promise, their long-winding contract was finally signed, hearing the familiar chanting in his mind.

I am thou...Thou art I...Thy hast acquired a new vow.

It shall become the wings of rebellion that breaketh thy chains of captivity.

With the birth of the Star Persona, I have obtained the winds of blessing that shall lead to freedom and new power...

*Huh...* he chuckled internally, *the Star...How appropriate...*

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

1.1K 3 23
Naegi Makoto, SHSL Luck, attends Hopes Peak with other interesting students including some old friends! He attends with his ex girlfriend, Maizono Sa...
2.9K 49 48
Akira Inoue and 15 other students, who are ultimate students, go to a school known as Hope's Peak Academy. But, they don't know it is going to be a k...
8.5K 167 20
Super Danganronpa 2 The Ultimate Chatfic Chiaki creates a group for class 77 to talk, they end up creating some funny and clever conversations This f...
42.1K 849 20
Multiple Groupchats but they are all connected. I beg of you to drop the story if it is not suitable for your taste. It is a chatfic of headcanons an...