KARASUNO'S MANAGER - Haikyu V...

By HermesStories

"Remember the promise you made years ago?" My brother asked from the phone. "Which one?" I asked as I blow a... More

Author's Note
Prologue
I. Sōzokujin Academy
II. Note
III. His Sister
IV. Oh Brother
V. Serve
VI. Breakfast
VII. Surprise
VIII. Storm
IX. On
X. Late
XI. Kitchen Duty
Author's Note
XIII. Caught
XIV. Red
XV. Pretty Cute
XVI. Graves
XVII. Sleepover
XVIII. To Die
XVIV. Wish
XX. His Fingers
XXI. Get Lost
XXII. The Plan
XXIII. Idiot
XXIV. Spill
XXV. Punishment
XXVI. Second
XXVII. Wait
XXVIII. Explain

XII. Food

86 7 0
By HermesStories

•••
The day was over as the boys head over to the showers to clean up and go to bed.

"Man, today sucked."

"My body is aching so much!"

"The shrimp in Karasuno is a monster!" Atsumu complained to his team.

"For a little body, he sure has a lot of energy." Osamu added.

"For a team that keeps on losing they sure have the drive to keep on playing." Aran said.

"Losers. Why are they even here?"

"They're annoying. Everyone in their team." Suna said.

"What is wrong with them? Everyone is crazy there, even their manager."

"She's pretty hot though."

"Yeah! I'd tap that."

"Don't think about approaching her Atsumu. We don't want a fight." Kita said, trying to settle his team.

"That's disgusting Astumu, can't believe were related."

They stopped talking when they heard someone laugh behind them.

"Oya. Oya. Didn't know there's a dissing meeting here in the bathroom. Should have placed a sign outside." Kuroo said as he leans in the wall looking at Inarizaki, with the rest of Nekoma beside him.

"Got anything else to say?"

"Kuroo, stop that. Let's just get this over with." Yaku said as he readies himself to shower.

Yamamoto, Lev and Inouka glared at Inarizaki as they follow their teammates to the other side of the large bathroom.

Everyone went back to whatever they were doing without speaking to each other, finishing cleaning and putting on clothes.

"If you have anything else to say, could you write it down. Maybe, sign the paper as well. I'll be sure to send it over to Karasuno. I'm sure they would love to know what-"

"It's just the first week! Stop making enemies!" Yaku shouted at their captain.

"They started it though." Kenma said as he stares at Inarizaki.

"Yeah! Yeah! Back off!" Inouka said as he points at them.

"We can make them back off. Right here. Right now." Yamamoto said as he glares at the opposing team.
•••

•••
"Hurry up! It's our time for the bathrooms!" Bobata said as he slings his arm over their captain.

They walked to the bathroom, hearing people talk inside.

"Man, they're pretty loud. And that's a lot coming from us!" Bobata laughed as he opened the door to see Nekoma and Inarizaki glaring at each other.

"Whoa. What's got your panties in a twist?"

No one made a sound.

"Wrong time? Got it. We'll wait outside. Make it quick!" Terushima said as he closed the door as he and his teammates looked at each other with wide eyes.

"You all saw that, right? I wasn't hallucinating?" He asked as they listened on the conversation behind the door.

Words were exchanged from inside the bathroom.

"I never would have thought that your team is full of perverted bastards."

"Do not call us that. We did nothing to earn that-"

"Cut the crap!"

"Oh please. We've heard enough."

"Let's just go. This has escalated too far."

"Too far? I'll show you too far!"

"You do not get to say those kinds of things and expect to get away with it."

"We didn't even say anything-"

"Oh, were playing like that? Alright, I'll play along. 'She's pretty hot though.' "

"'I'd tap that', sound familiar?"

Are they talking about Hideko? The boys thought.

"Holy crap. I think they're talking about princess."

They looked at each other then Terushima aggressively opened the door.

"Nobody speaks!"

Everyone from Nekoma and Inarizaki looked at him.

"What the hell is going on here?! Are you talking crap about Hideko? Because if you are, God help me, someone is going to get hurt." He growled at the 2 teams with a furious glare.

"That's what we've been saying!" Yamamoto shouted.

"They're the bastards. Not us." Kenma grumbled as he glares at the other team behind Kuroo.

Terushima marched towards the Inarizaki team.

"What the fck were you saying?!" He asked as he angrily points at each of them.

"This is a misunderstanding." Kita tried to explain.

"They took things out of proportion." Suna added.

"Out of proportion!?" Kuroo yelled.

"I admit, there were some vulgar comments made. But there was no intention to be -" Kita tried to explain once again.

"I don't care. I don't care whatever you meant. Who the fck said these 'vulgar' things about her?!"

Everyone in Inarizaki was quiet.

Fcking Atsumu.

"Hey! Hey! Hey!" Bokuto yelled with a grin as he entered the bathroom cramped with people.

"Whoa, we're too early Akaashi."

"No we're not Bokuto. We're just in time." He sighed as he looked at the boys who were glaring at each other.

What is going on? Nevermind, we are not getting involved.

"Hey Kuroo! What do you say we sneak in the kitchen later. I heard there were still some cake!" Completely oblivious of the atmosphere.

Kuroo ignored him.

"Bokuto. I think it's best if we leave for now." Akaashi said.

"Why? I thought we're just in time?"

"I was wrong. We should just go back later."

"But-"

"We can go to the kitchen first. Then we'll go back here after."

"Sounds good, little red is still there. I heard she's making snacks for tomorrow. Maybe she'll give us free tastes or something." He said as he walked out the bathroom with Akaashi closing the door.

"Stay away from her. Do you hear me?!" Terushima yelled as he turned around and went out the bathroom leaving his team and the other teams behind.

"Hold up! I'm coming with you two!"

And here I thought I'm a prick. Terushima thought as he walked with the 2 Fukurodani players.
•••

Hideko sang as she made protein bars for tomorrow, swaying her hips.

"Little red!" She stopped and turned to see Bokuto with Akaashi and Terushima.

"Hey guys! Why the sudden visit?"

"Are you alone princess? Where are the others?"

"Already home, Terushima. They don't stay here -"

"Why are you still up? Shouldn't you be-" Terushima quickly asked.

"Are you making snacks!? We're here for cake!" Bokuto yelled.

"I am. The cakes are over-"

"You should go to your room, princess. I'll drop you off there."

"Whoa. Whoa. Calm down boy. What's with the sudden interrogation?" Hideko asked with raised brows looking over the 3 boys.

Terushima was silent.

"You shouldn't be working yourself too much. You've been running around awhile ago, helping everyone." Akaashi finally said.

"Yeah! You're like everyone's manager now!" Bokuto said with a laugh.

"It's not much, really." Hideko said with a laugh.

She turned back on mixing the ingredients for the oat protein bars.

"Can I have a taste!?" Bokuto said as he jumped beside her.

"Sure. After they're done. But only a taste. I can't have you feeling too full when you're about to sleep."

"Shouldn't you be sleeping, princess?" Terushima asked as he stood on her other side.

"I will Terushima. Don't worry. It's not like I plan on staying up all night. This won't take long. Give me an hour."

"If it's not a bother, we'll be staying here a little while Hideko." Akaashi said.

"Of course not. I'd love the company." She replied with a smile.

"Soooo. What are you making?!" Bokuto excitedly asked.

"Oatmeal protein bars, they're a good source for energy, convenient and they taste so good." She said with a grin.

"Give me!"

"They're not yet done Bokuto. Maybe we can help?" Akaashi asked.

"If you guys want to?"

"What? You thought we don't know our way in the kitchen, princess. I'm insulted." Terushima playfully glared at her as he marched towards the aprons hanging on the wall and grabbed 3 bringing it over to them.

Hideko laughed as Terushima smirked at her.

Alright. Let's see.

"Well, they are pretty easy to make. I guess we can make a lot and stock it for everyone to eat on a different day."

"So, what do we do?"

Hideko explained what to do as she prepared the ingredients for chocolate peanut butter protein bars.

"Alright, you guys work over here. Call out if you need any help." She said as she walked back to her area, leaving the 3 boys alone on the other kitchen counter.

"So this is different from what you're doing, right princess?"

"Yes but only a little. I think it's best to have different flavors for different days. Keeps it interesting, don't you agree?"

The boys were making quite a noise as she quickly finished her oatmeal bars, placing the 8 trays in the fridge for an hour.

A tray for each team.

That was a lot. They probably won't be able to finish them all off tomorrow. But that's not a problem, since it only means there will be protein bars available for quite some time.

She looked over the 3 boys in the other counter.

"Stop eating them!"

"I'm not eating them. I'm tasting them?"

"Why? There's no need for you to do that?"

"What do you mean?! Of course you need to taste, to make sure they're good."

"But you're eating spoonfuls of peanut butter." Terushima said to Bokuto.

"You've finished a whole bar of chocolate!" Bokuto responded to Terushima.

"Stop that you two and get back to work." Akaashi said as he looked to the boys on each of his side.

"Looks like you guys are having fun?" Hideko said as she walked towards the pantry, laughing on her way as Akaashi playfully glared at her and sighed.

Now, what else can I do? We're stocking on protein bars, what else?

She grabbed some ingredients and walked out the walk-in pantry with everything she needed in a basket.

"What's that for princess?"

"I'm making lemon bars!"

"Can I have some!?"

"She hasn't even started yet Bokuto."

She was waiting for the lemon bars to cool down after baking them in the oven.

She went to the fridge to take out the 8 trays to cut up and put in individual bags.

The chocolate peanut butter protein bars were not yet finished in firming up.

"We'll help you with that, Hideko." Akaashi took 2 trays from the fridge, while the 2 boys follow in his footsteps.

"So what do we do?"

"We just need to slice them up in equal sizes and then place them in these bags." She explained while shaking the small plastic bags for pastries.

"Can I have some now!?"

"Yes, Bokuto. All of you can take some. You've done a lot today."

"We didn't do much Hideko." Akaashi said as he takes a bite from one of the bars.

"You did. Everyone did. Your trainings are brutal. And it's only the 2nd day!" Hideko laughed as she continues to place the bars in bags.

"Say princess, why are you doing this?"

"Well. Actually, I initially only planned to make food for my team but when I went here, I realized that there's only 2 people working behind the scenes. I decided to lend a hand."

"They agreed to let me help in making all your food during this training camp. And to top it all of, they agreed to let me make all kinds of snacks! Isn't that great?" Hideko excitedly asked.

"Yeah. But why?"

"I love making food. I love eating. The decision was pretty obvious to me."

"Is it true that you've been giving Karasuno food since you became their manager?" Bokuto asked as he ate his 2nd bar.

"Slow down, Bokuto-san. I'm glad you like them. But that's enough for you. And, yes. It's only been a week though."

"I'm curious Hideko. What else do you plan on making?"

"A lot! I plan on making bread next time."

"Oh! I have an idea little red! What if you make-"

"Hey! Why do you get to decide?"

"Princess, what if you make-"

"You haven't even heard what I was about to say!"

"Quiet down you 2. You're going to confuse her."

"I suppose I could ask people what they would like for me to make." Hideko mumbled to herself, deep in thought.

Hideko and the 3 boys spent almost 2 hours in the kitchen. Making snacks and cleaning up afterwards. Laughing and sharing stories.

"Not to cause panic. But it's almost 10." Akaashi said as he placed the mop back in the closet.

"What!?"

"Oh crap!"

"We gotta run!"

"I haven't even taken a shower yet!"

"Yeah, Bokuto. You stink."

"Says you? You stink more than I do."

"These 2 are at it again. I already lost count." Akaashi said beside Hideko who was laughing.

"Oh man, you guys are making me laugh too much." As she wipes a tear from her eye.

All the chatter and laughs were cut when the lights turned off.

Hideko clinged to the nearest boy as felt chills down her back, Akaashi.

"Guys? Who turned off the light?!"

"What the hell!" Terushima and Bokuto yelled at the same time.

"Alright. Calm down. It's probably because it's already curfew. The coaches did mention about the automatic lights in common areas." Akaashi explained as he placed a hand on top of Hideko's head.

She's shaking. He thought.

"So how do we get out of here?!"

"Quiet down Bokuto. Everyone's probably asleep by now."

"Who sleeps at 10?" Terushima chuckled.

"I'll find the switch!"

Thud.

Someone was groaning somewhere as Hideko panicked more.

"Where are you? Are you alright?" Hideko asked with a shaky voice about to let go of Akaashi's arm.

Akaashi held her in place and whispered.

"Calm down, Hideko-chan. He's fine."

"How, how do you know that?" Hideko stammered out.

"This idiot won't die because of a fall princess."

"Hey!"

Everyone kept quiet as they settled their thoughts, engulfed in darkness.

So how do we get out of here?
What will happen if we get caught?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 64 5
What is a girl to do when the captain of the boy's volleyball team starts to follow her around? This is a short fanfiction to entertain you at 3:00am...
274K 10.1K 83
️️⭐️2nd Place in Haikyuu Watty Awards 2015 love stories [canon pairing/OC pairing] Category⭐️ I'm just Haruka Akiyama, a regular 2nd year high school...
1M 22.7K 31
Yandere Haikyuu Boys x Female Reader you are the little sister of Kiyoko and you have just moved back in with your sister and mother. You switch sch...
52K 1.2K 19
#3. animexreader 07/30/21 (Y/N) (L/N) was just a regular teenager like any other, he behaved pretty well, and usually got good grades. He was usuall...