Death Note: Light x Reader: R...

By NekoM_

|| COMPLETED || For a reason that you could not figure it out, you really admired Kira--the world-famous ki... More

Unexpected Fate
Search for the Note
Your Acceptance
The New "Second Kira"
Love Rival Maybe?
Meeting Takada
Game of Lies
Mistake and Misfortune
Your Revenge
Premonitions
His Soft Side
Over-Protective Him
Night not to be Forgotten
Facing Your Opponents
Delete the Obstacles
Kira Joining the Investigation
Friend from the Past
Hidden Secrets
If It Wasn't for You
Keeping Distance Won't Change Anything
Catastrophe
Beautiful Lie Disgusting Truth
A Date and a Lost Note
Chaos in the Headquarters
Put to the Test
Finding the Lost Note
Another Kira?
The Third Kira
A New Year To Cherish
False Friendship
Commitment
Planning the Big Move
Married
Captured Execute
Unknown Sender
Promise To His Beloved
《A/N》
Another New Beginning
Pre: Final Plan
Wait
No Regrets

You are Justice

9.8K 228 212
By NekoM_

~Timeskip: 5 years~

The rays of sun penetrated through the window, being the only source of light in the dull space. You sat in front of the mirror, brushing your (H/L) hair in your still bedroom. Today is a special day, so you wore a plain white sundress with white wedge sandals. As you were doing a light makeup, a small figure peeped in the doorway. You spun around. "Kazuko-chan, why are you just standing there?" You stood up, walking towards your daughter. "Let's get you dressed."

While walking to her room, then getting her changed into a tiny white dress, you had a traumatic flashback when it was 5 years ago.

~Flashback~

You were rushed into the nearest hospital by Aizawa and Miharu. Your vision was really hazy, so you kept your eyes almost closed. You were soon set down on the bed in an enclosed room. A doctor and a couple of nurses stormed inside. The doctor began to inject a pain killer into your body. You groaned in pain as your body slowly grew numb.

During the process, you spotted a person trying to barge into the emergency room door. You squinted your eyes for a better look. It was Light. He was here, in terrible wounds, being persuaded by his father and some nurses to be brought to another emergency room, just to wait for his own daughter. Once you have given birth, you exhaled deeply, tears of happiness running down your red cheeks. You looked over to Light, who was tearing up too with a great smile on his face. The doctor gave you the baby, who was now cleansed from the blood. You wrapped a finger on your daughters tiny hands. "Kazuko-chan..." you said her name.

Without knowing, Light collapsed to the floor. More nurses dashed to him and started lifting him up. Your eyes grew. Because of the sudden event, you fainted.

Hours later, you woke up. You insisted to wander around the hospital grounds, but Light was nowhere to be found.

~

When you finished dressing Kazuko, you heard a knock on the front door. "It must be your grandfather," you told her. You held her hand and both of you walked towards the door. You swung it open. Soichiro beckoned you two to go inside his car.

A few minutes later, you reached the headquarters. You were brought to an enclosed room on the top floor that looked like a normal sitting room. You sat at the leather couch facing the window. The room was silent for the first few seconds, but it couldn't stay like this forever.

"It's been 5 years, huh?" Soichiro asked.

You nodded. "Yes."

"Kazuko... It's her birthday today, isn't it? Are you planning to let her visit her father?"

You fiddled your fingers. "You know that won't be necessary anymore."

Your daughter, who was sitting beside you, understood the conversation. She stared to tear up, however, she tried her best to hold them all in. "Why can't mama let me see my papa?" she questioned, clenching her little fists. At the brink of bawling her eyes out, Kazuko ran out of the room.

"Kazuko-chan!" you called. "S-Soichiro-san, please excuse me!!" You chased after your child.

From afar, you spotted Kazuko dashing across the hallway. Then, you noticed a tall figure walking to her, along with two people on his both sides escorting him. You forced to run with your legs that haven't fully recovered after giving birth. "Kazuko!!" you shouted, waving your arms in the air.

Without being fully aware, you bumped into that figure as soon as you caught your daughter. "Ah, I-I'm sorry--"

You looked up to face

Yagami Light.

Your eyes widened. Your heart pumped a hundred times faster. Your lips formed the biggest smile you could ever do. Tears rushed down your flushed cheeks. "Light-kun!!" You were pulled into a giant bear hug. "Finally.. I waited for you for such a long time, and now you're here..!!" you whispered in his ear.

Light let out a chuckle. "Me too, (Y/N)-chan... I'm so happy I finally get to see you and feel you." He ran a hand through your (H/C) hair. "I love you so much, (Y/N). I promise I'll never leave your side ever again."

"Hehe. I love you, too, Light..."

Your reunion between husband and wife was interrupted by Kazuko tugging the hem of your dress. "Mama, who is he?" she asked curiously.

Light knelt down, wiping his tears away. "Kazuko..." He gave her daughter a warm smile. "You look just like your mom." He inched himself closer. "Listen, Kazuko. This may be sudden, but it's true. I am your father."

Kazuko looked up for an approval of her mom. You nodded excitedly. The child looked back at Light. "Really?" she said monotonously.

"Mhm," Light replied. "It's your birthday today, right? Papa doesn't have a present, but I guess me being here is enough." He opened his arms out Kazuko's facial expression immediately changed. She started to cry, flinging her tiny arms around her dad. 

Standing behind you was the whole Kira investigation team. The father and daughter stopped hugging. Light rose, with your child being carried. Your family faced them seriously. In the center of the team was L; he took a few steps closer while he was biting his thumb. "Yagami Light," he began, "we let you free from incarceration at a much earlier date. Do you understand why?"

Light nodded.

"The National Police Agency has discussed the topic of bringing you back to their organization. Of course, a lot of them opposed to this idea. However, since the job of the Japanese Task Force is finished, and we have witnessed your performance, we brought ourselves into a conclusion."

Soichiro stepped up. "Light, son, I know you have your own intentions of changing the world, but that isn't the right path. I, not as your father, but as the chief of the NPA, would want you to be the assistant chief of the agency. Are you willing to serve justice this way, Light?"

His son shook his head in agreement. "Yes, father, I am willing to," he answered. 

"W-Wait," Matsuda interrupted, "what about the Death Note? I never got updated on the current status of it."

L brought out two notebooks from under his loose long-sleeved shirt. "These, you say?" He casually handed one over to Light, and another to you. Everyone was surprised and frightened. "Light, (Y/N), you know what to do. Lose your ownership of the Note," the detective ordered.

Light set Kazuko down and turned around to face Ryuk. You did the same thing, but facing Rem. They have been watching you during the span of more than 5 years, and now that it was time to part ways with them, you had a feeling of sadness. "Well, I guess it was nice meeting you, Rem, Ryuk..." you awkwardly said your final words.

Your spouse tilted his head up to Ryuk and sent him a slight smile. "I hearby relinquish the ownership of this Death Note," the two of you declared. The death gods took each of their notebooks, nodded, and flew away, penetrating through the ceiling.

After a few seconds, both of you blinked, looking around, not remembering anything that had happened involving the Death Note. You glanced at Light and shrugged. You chuckled, then interlocking your daughters hand, and Light interlocking his hand with her other hand.

"Let's go home, (Y/N)," Light said.

"You're not going anywhere yet."

"Huh?" Your attention was transferred to Aizawa, who was holding a wine bottle. "Care for a celebration before you go?" Watari came in the scene, pushing a serving tray cart filled with assorted sweets and empty wine glasses. 

"Um, I think I'll pass on wine..." You scratched the back of your head. They laughed.

"(Y/N)!" someone called you. You looked over to see Miharu, who was dressed like she was about to leave. You excused yourself and approached her.

"Miharu?"

She squeezed you into a tight hug. "Wah~ I'm going to miss you, (Y/N)-chan!" She pulled back. "You see, the reason L came back to Japan from England is not only to promote Light's position in the NPA, but to bring me there, too. We're probably not going to see each other in a very long time, so I guess I have to say my last words to you." Miharu cleared her throat, running her fingers through her silky black hair. "I might not be in kind of in the position to say this to you, but I just want to thank you so much for being a great friend, even though I deceived you to fall in our trap. You were the only girl that supported me, and made me glad during those crucial 5 years. I know that words won't be enough to express my gratitude to you, but that's that. I'll miss you all a lot!" The girl smiled and grabbed your wrist and skipped towards the group of people.

Once the party was finished, everybody had to head home, since the sun was about to set. You bidded Miharu and L goodbye and wished them a safe trip. Light tapped your shoulder, telling, "We should walk home, (Y/N)." You agreed and the three of you left the building.

While walking, Light stopped in his tracks by the calm river. You could tell that he wanted to watch the sunset with you. So, you sat down on the grassy slope with him. Silence filled the air. You glanced at Light, who was staring at you with a smile. You blushed and looked away. "A lot of things have happened to us, no?" you said, slowly moving your hand to his. He quickly noticed and intertwined his fingers to yours.

"Yeah. But you know what?"

You raised a brow. "What?"

"I'll miss being Kira."

You flinched. "H-Heh?! W-What are you trying to say?!"

He chuckled at your cute response. "I didn't mean it in that way. I'll miss having to rule the world with a beautiful queen."

You shoved him playfully. "Psh, you don't need to gain power to win a fabulous queen like me. I'll be only yours." You flipped your hair.

Light smirked and inched his face closer to yours. "Then, would you be my good little queen in bed?"

You kicked his chest, which sends him faceplanting onto the ground. "Don't."

Light soon sat back up and chuckled with you. The atmosphere suddenly changed into mellowness. You pressed your foreheads on each others. "Because of you," he said, "you made me realize that falling in love with you was the right thing to do to let justice prevail."

The two of you shared a long, passionate kiss as the sun set in front of you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(BEFORE CONTINUING THE A/N I WANT TO SAY SORRY IN ADVANCE FOR TOKYO GHOUL REFERENCE. PLS DUN KILL ME.)

Welp...

It's over... *falls down on floor with arms hugging knees*

I know I've said this countless times (It's actually SIX TIMES LOL), but I guess it's necessary to say it one last time since this is the end of a book that you reader's have been supporting me to continue to write, because I would've never went this far if it wasn't for you guys, so THANK YOU SO MUCH reading this book that you coated with kawaiiness and sugoiness (lolweebmoment). 

If you scanned all of the chapters and didn't find the sixth thank you, there's a part somewhere before the end of this chappie, where you, reader-chan, was with Miharu, that had a pretty long dialogue. That was actually me trying to thank you guys! But I bent it so that it would go with the flow of the story! :3

I'll miss making chapters that you readers are always waiting for. I'll miss the times where I wake up and check my phone to read all your comments, good or bad, doesn't matter. I'll miss every single thing.

So, as a virtual present, kind of, I am giving you the option of me making ANOTHER extra segment; you get to decide if you want an "OVA" kind of chappie (with you deciding what it should be about! But no lemons pls. I know you're thirsty for lemonade but sorry you have to find another shop) or if you want me to do a Q&A (cuz why not) about maybe me or the story, or something else that comes up into your mind! But if you don't need one, you can just discard this paragraph and move on. For those interested, I'll be taking your suggestions until July 23 (MY BIRTHDAY~~) which is like 3 days away as of July 20 here. Think of this as a birthday special! :33

Ah, I hate to say goodbye to such awesome and epic readers, but... *slowly raises a shaky hand* Ja ne~! I luv chu all!  ♡♡♡

-『ℳiharu』 ⁂ (˘ω˘ )/ ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.4K 1.2K 50
The girl in this story is You. You moved to Japan to study there and become an FBI - agent, but that was not the real reason for your move. Actually...
13.3K 399 27
COMPLETED After being accepted as an intern for the Japanese Task Force, Reo is brought onto the task of helping L catch Kira. But once she learns ho...
59.9K 2.6K 70
(Y/n) was raised inside Wammy's Orphanage in Winchester along with Mello, Matt and Near. Years had passed and one day when L's two successors learn o...
375K 13.1K 81
[Yandere Various Death Note x Reader] At a very young age (Y/n) could see things other people couldn't. What happens when she begins to see creepier...