Watching and Listening - An E...

By JohannaJaneUn

One day, False wakes up in an unfamiliar world with no memory of her life. Some time later, after False has f... More

Prologue
Who is she?
Cogs turning
The cat, the scarecrow, and the sign
A friend in me
Don't judge a book by its cover
Routine
Voices in her head
Phantoms
Traces of guilt
A rocky start to friendship
Haunting thoughts
What is she hiding?
Flickers of memory
Building bridges
Nightmares
Festival of the rift
Another world
Meeting with friends
False symmetry
Trying to get answers
Watching
Secretive motives
Expose her
Observation of enigmas
Leaking secrets
Wings
New thoughts
Calm before the storm
After a storm comes a calm
Reunited
Friends?
Unpleasant dreams
Questions
Who's the villain?
Rediscovered
Old friends
Spreading news
And then there were two
Two places at once
Eavesdropping
Come undone
Tagged
Remember
Learning the truth
Replace
Disguises
Slowly figuring it out
Watchers
Angsty explanations
Mind games
Not right
The void tea party
Surprise
Candy
Memory issues
The truth
Spying
Poppies
False memory
Mandela effect
Close friends
Mental
Double life
Trust and distrust
Attack
Aftermath of the attack
Retribution
The animals know all
Lives
1, 2, 3, 4...
In her head
New rooms
Friends in Tumble Town
Set up
Home is where the friends are
Watcher meeting
Allies in Tumble Town
Reclaiming old friends
Almost normal
Power
Training
Mumbo's adventures in another world
Her other personality
Dreams
Distracting friends
One last day
One last night
The dreaded day
Mother sun
Watcher versus Watcher
Jimena and Herodias
A win and a loss
Heart
Mind
Soul
Epilogue
Sad alternate ending

Weapons

12 0 1
By JohannaJaneUn

           Jimmy wandered through Tumble Town, smiling every so often when his citizens pointed out the fact that he was human again. It almost made him forget that Joel made him short. But he still had to look up to everyone except maybe Bdubs. At least it was still an improvement, though.

           He watched as his citizens began digging trenches in the ground as well as bunkers within their own homes, preparing to either fight or hide from it. They only had three more days to prepare for the Watchers. Jimmy hoped that the little they'd done in the past week would be enough to help. He knew that there would probably be some losses. He just wanted to lessen it. One bad thing about remembering past lives is that you remembered how all you friends died.

           The sheriff was startled out if his thoughts by a familiar hand tapping his shoulder to gain his attention. Jimmy turned around to see Scott standing there. "All good, Jimmy?" He asked, nodding at the preparations. "Mostly." Jimmy said. "I'm just worried we won't be able to do it in time." Scott nodded in understanding. "Come with me; I need to show you something."

           Curious, Jimmy got an elytra and flew behind Scott as he made towards spawn. Jimmy shuddered slightly as he realized how loose the elytra was. When he was a toy he had to get a new custom elytra to fit his size, but he'd gotten rid of it once he was almost back to normal. But he was still too small for his original elytra and now it was dangerously loose. Thankfully they landed on the great bridge before anything bad happened.

           Scott opened the gate to his segment of the bridge, which happened to be a very colorful llama pen surrounding a stone stayed of a llama with sunglasses and a pop necklace. "Hey, Pirate Joe's animal statue is more colorful than yours," Jimmy suddenly noticed, pointing out the stark difference between Scott's stone gray llama and the pirate's multicolored and much larger parrot statue not so far away.

           Scott rolled his eyes. "Don't remind me." He muttered. As he moved around in the llama pen, avoiding trampling some of the pretty flowers that he'd planted there, two llamas who'd been grazing stopped what they were doing to come over and nuzzled the colorful collector.

          Scott patted their heads fondly. "Hello, Crow." He said to the one that wore a black carpet and apparently a supervillain costume. Then Scott turned to the llama wearing a soft lime carpet. "Hello, Mia." He said. Both llamas bleated and then spat at him. Scott just laughed it off and continued to pet them.

           "Scott, why are we here?" Jimmy asked. "Shouldn't we be doing something important, like preparing for the Watchers?" "Oh, we are," Scott assured him. "I just wanted to say 'hi' to Crow and Mia first." Once that was out of the way he wandered to the far side of the llama pen where there were quite a few shrubs in the way. Then he brushed it aside to reveal a trapdoor in the ground.

           Jimmy gasped. "What is that?" He asked, pointing. "A trapdoor." Scott said smugly. "Obviously." Jimmy rolled his eyes. "I know that it's a trapdoor, but what's down there?" "Just look ad see." Scott said as he opened the trapdoor and began to descend down into the depths of the bridge. Jimmy hesitated a moment but Crow headbutted him into the hole and the sheriff fell down there anyway.

           Dazed and lying on the dank, dark ground, the sheriff could just make out the sound of Scott scolding the llama that had pushed him down. "Crow! For the last time, mind your manners!" Crow bleated and made a sound that sounded an awful lot like he spat on someone. Groaning, Jimmy got up and blinked. Scott noticed this and hurried over. "Are you okay?" He asked. "Yeah." Jimmy nodded.

           He got to his feet and then he realized where he was. He was inside the great bridge, which was apparently hollow. And the inside was full of rows and rows of tables containing things that he, as sheriff, was pretty sure were illegal. "Scott, what is this?" Jimmy asked. "Black market." Scott shrugged.

           "Black market?!" The sheriff yelped. He went closer to the tables and realized that some of them were selling copies of his sheriff hat and badges. "Who did this?!" He shouted, his voice echoing through the hollow bridge. "Don't shout, Jimmy. Use your indoor voice." Scott said reprimandingly. Jimmy rolled this eyes and then realized something. "You?!" He blurted.

           "Well, I was technically the one who set this whole place up but I'm not the one who's selling your stuff." Scott admitted, waving over at the table of Tumble Town curios. "That's fWhip, I think." He added thoughtfully. Jimmy sighed. Of course it was. If it weren't for the Watchers I would go and immediately revoke that apology of his.

            "How many people were in on this?" He asked instead. Scott hesitated a second before answering; a rare occurrence for the colorful collector. "Everyone." He finally said. Jimmy's eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets. "Everyone but me?!" He yelped. "I'm the last person to know about this?!" "You're kind of the sheriff, Jimmy." Scott pointed out. "If you knew then we wouldn't even have this place."

            Jimmy grudgingly nodded. "Okay, is this what you wanted to show me?" He asked. "This whole black market?" He gestured wildly at the enormous hollowed-out place. "Fessing up to the sheriff, eh?" "Not really." Scott said, making the sheriff deflate somewhat. He moved over to the side and approached a stall that Jimmy hadn't even noticed before.

           "This is what I wanted to show you." Scott said, and he picked up one of the items being sold on that table. Jimmy yelped and jumped back when he realized what it was. It was a rocket crossbow. Those things were dangerous weapons. They only had to erupt near you to kill you. Martyn had done considerable damage with those during the end of Double Life.

            Scott chuckled a little at Jimmy's shocked expression and he carefully put the crossbow away. "Don't worry, safety was on." He said. "Who's selling that?" Jimmy demanded, walking over. As he nesred where Scott was standing be realized that those crossbows weren't the only things on sale. There was a multitude of weapons being sold at the table. Pistols, bows, rifles, axes, etc.

           "Sausage." Scott said to the sheriff's incredible surprise. "Sausage is the one selling these weapons?" Jimmy asked in shock. He picked up a gun and fingered it cautiously. "I thought he's a vegetarian pacifist." "Well, he is," Scott acknowledged, "But he's got some trauma involving his old kingdom being practically razed to the ground in one night so he's kind of paranoid about preventing it from ever happening again by making sure everyone can defend themselves."

            He picked up some of the weapons and ignored the price tags. "Sanctuary surprisingly provides the best weaponry among all the empires." He continued to the sheriff's growing surprise. "Anyway, this is what I wanted to show you. I'm sure Sausage wouldn't mind if we borrowed some to distribute among the empires. It could help in the Watchers fight."

           While Jimmy agreed, he had one qualm about this situation. "If Sausage wanted to do that, wouldn't he have done it himself?" He wondered. Scott hummed in agreement. "Probably yeah, but I'm getting the feeling that he completely forgot about this place. Now help me carry these weapons." Scott added as he passed some to Jimmy.

           "Can't you just teleport them or something?" Jimmy grunted as he realized that some of the bigger weapons were a bit too big and heavy for his smaller form. "I've gotten a bit rusty." Scott confessed. "And I'm not risking teleporting incredibly dangerous weapons across the empires without even checking who gets them." Seeing the logic, the sheriff helped pack up the rest of the weapons and they left to distribute them around the empires.

           They finished up in Chromia and Scott hid a few guns under his bed. "I need to make sure Owen doesn't decide to borrow it." He muttered half to himself. "Owen? Your llama?" Jimmy asked, remembering the orange-carpeted llama. "Yeah, Owen." Scott shuddered slightly. "What's wrong?" Jimmy asked. "The llamas decided to become Chromia's new military." Scott said without any context.

           "They what?" Jimmy shot him a double take. Scott just sighed. "You heard me right." He said. "Just look out the window." Jimmy curiously pushed aside the patchwork curtain to see some llamas marching in a sort of straight line all around Chromia, and some of them were even holding weapons in their mouth. "How did they..." Jimmy trailed off. He got the feeling that he didn't want to know.

           "Llamas are surprisingly as good as dogs when it comes to guard animals, but this was not what I had in mind." Scott muttered. Jimmy just nodded as he continued to stare at the marching llamas. "Uh, I'll take the rest of the weapons back to Tumble Town," He said when he realized that he still had some on him. Scott waved goodbye and Jimmy flew off.

           He had just finished distributing the weapons among his citizens when he was approached by Grian and fWhip. "Timmy, where did all those weapons come from?" Grian asked as he stared at the guns and whatnot. "Black market." The sheriff said simply and he stared at fWhip, who seemed to get even shorter as he realized that Jimmy knew about his stall.

           "We left some st Hermitopia for you guys to use against the Watchers." Jimmy informed Grian. "You did? I didn't see. Oh, that must've been when we were already out looking for you." Grian said. "You're looking for me? Why?" Jimmy asked warily. Usually that meant Grian wanted to prank him. "There's an... issue with Grumbot." fWhip said.

           "I thought things were all going well now that Mumbo's here." Jimmy asked in confusion. "Yeah, but now Grumbot has a lot of extra power that I don't want to know what he plans to do with." Grian said, shuddering somewhat. "Other than summon Mumbo he hasn't done anything. It's giving me the creeps. Plus he's also been talking about more power and I don't want to know what happens when an all-powerful multiversal AI gets power hungry."

           "Oh. But what do I have to do with this?" Jimmy asked. "You're the gunpowder exporter." fWhip pointed out. "Could you like prepare some of it in case we need to blow anything up soon? Or anyone?" Jimmy nodded in understanding. "Okay." He said. "Let's go see if I have any gunpowder left."

           They went to his farm which surprisingly had enough gunpowder in it for a decent amount of tnt. "This'll do." Grian decided in satisfaction. "And the rest can be for the rocket crossbows." Jimmy added. They all parted ways to head on home as it was getting dark, leaving the sheriff alone to ponder just what kind of damage war and the weapons of war would cause. And what sort of casualties.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58K 2.8K 20
It was just Dream and Sapnap when the apocalypse began, when the entire country flipped upside down and they were thrown into a life of killing and s...
41.6K 2K 34
After the Waves devastated the Earth, modern society collapsed. Governments didn't know what to do, and much of the world's treaties and society's pr...
4K 182 22
George and Dream have been friends for so long that their flirting usually doesn't faze either of them anymore. Until Dream confesses his feelings fo...
2.6M 85.3K 54
𝒐𝒐𝒐 ┊Offline! *ੈ✩‧₊°* With a traumatic past that separated her from her best friend, What happens when Maisie finally reunites with him years late...