Reason of my smile

By loner_246

Shreyansh close his eyes and his mind still thinking about her voice. Thinking about why I become restless w... More

Author's notes
Main characters
Family members
chapter 1 - Intro of Shree'life
chapter 2 - Intro of Shreyansh' life
Chapter 3 - Her ' Supporter
Chapter 4- His anger
Chapter 5- Malhotra House
Chapter 6 - Their bond
Chapter 7 - Melting voice
Chapter 8 - Thinking about her
Chapter 9 - Video call
Chapter 10 - Back to India
Chapter 11 - Proposed
Chapter 12 - Her first glimpse
Chapter 13 - Surprise to family
Chapter 14 - lieing to family
Chapter 15 - First meet
Chapter 16 - Her breakdown and invitation
Chapter 17 - Breakfast
Chapter 18 - Arrangement
Chapter 19 - Party
Chapter 20 - Shocked
Chapter 21 - Dance and conversation
Chapter 22 - Her Crying
Chapter 23 - His Jaan
Chapter 24 - Home and argue
Chapter 25 - Discussion
Chapter 26 - Family
chapter 27 - Morning
chapter 28 - phone call
chapter 29 - meeting her
chapter 30 - Cooking together
chapter 31 - Surprise for her
Chapter 32 - be happy together
Chapter 33 - Sunset
chapter 34 - Boyfriend
Chapter 35 - Ice Cream
Chapter 36 - Hug + Family drama
Chapter 37 - Good morning
Chapter 38 - Move on
Chapter 39 - I LOVE HER
Chapter 40 - Date on call
Chapter 41 - Emergency
Announcement
Chapter 42 - Promise
Chapter 43 - He kept his promise.
Chapter 44 - Flashback
Chapter 46 - Feelings
Chapter 47 - Gift

Chapter 45 - Engagement

466 31 4
By loner_246

Welcome friends
New update

If you like the story then please vote, comment and share
Follow me on Instagram and stck.me
Instagram account - loner_246
Link in bio 🔗
Enjoy your reading.

______________________________________

Chapter 45- Engagement

"Do you want to get engaged with me? If you do not want this engagement, then no one will force you. "

Shree thinks that Ansh is doing all of these because of me; he is keeping his promise, but I can't let him destroy his life by engaging with me.

Shree asked him with hope that he will refused to do engagement.

"Are you sure, ans..... Mr. Malhotra, that you really want to do an engagement with me?"

I know that you are really confused about that why you are asking me, and you must be thinking that I am destroying my life by engaging with you, but in reality, you are healing my life after you come into my life. You are the reason of my smile.

With both of his hands, Shreyansh grasped her right hand.

" Yes,I really want to do an engagement with you," he answered.

He said while taking a deep breath,

"We can also postpone or.... .. ca..cancel the engagement if you want. Now you tell me your decision."

Hearing this, everybody gets shocked, especially his family. They know how much Shreyansh loves Shree.

How true and pure the love of Shreyansh is that he can let her go also because her happiness is his first priority.

"But Mr. Malhotra... " Mr. Sharma was saying, but Shreyansh cut him in the middle of the sentence.

"Am I not asking you, Mr. Sharma?" he said with a strong voice.

Shree's POV

Looking into his eyes, I felt like his eyes were telling me to say yes, and my heart was also saying that this is right. And if this is God's decision, then I am ready to believe in God's choice.

And she replied," Yes, I am ready to do engagements."

Hearing my reply, Ansh looked down and smiled.

The smile came on his face like no other thing could look pretty at that moment to me. The way he was smiling, like he achieved his the biggest life goal, and his smile saying that I would say yes to him, and I was very happy that his smile came because of me, thinking about all of these. It also made me smile to look at him.

Then, sometime later, Uncle broke the silence and said" Shree also agreed. Can we start the engagement?"

Then I realized that everyone was looking at us.

Then Ansh led me to the center of living.

We sat on the sofa, and then Rajshree aunty came to my side with Ramya aunty.

She covered my head with red chunri, did Tilak on my forehead, and did some rituals.

At that time, I looked toward Naina, my best friend. She was looking at me with a smile and her eyes looking moist. I think she was getting emotional seeing me like this and also making me emotional.

After my rituals are done, my aunty also does some rituals for Ansh, and then Navya gives us each other an engagement ring.

Before exchanging the engagement ring, I look towards Ansh, who is assuring me with his eyes that everything will be okay, but I have so many questions and doubts running through my head.

After exchanging the engagement ring, it feels so different, like I am a new person standing here.

Shreyansh's POV

After hearing her question, I take her right hand, held in both hands, and reply to her that I want to do an engagement with her and also tell her that we can postpone or cancel the engagement. Tell me your decision.

It's very difficult to say after being so happy that I am engaging with her, but because of my happiness, I can't let her suffer.

She is looking into my eyes. I don't know what her answer will be, but I will always be there for her, and I am leaving this decision on her and her god. He will do better for us. Yes, I started believing in God because of her. I don't know, but I have a little hope in my heart that she will say yes to me.

After hearing her reply, it's made me smile, like I won something. Looking at my smile, someone thought that I got crazy or something, but then I looked towards Shree, who was also smiling, and it made me do more smiling, but I controlled my smile.

Sometime later, her uncle said that we should start the engagement, so I took her to the center so that we could start the rituals.

When mom is doing some rituals for her, she is looking emotional.

After her rituals done,her aunty did some rituals for me, and then my excited sister gave us an engagement ring.

Before we exchanged the engagement ring, she was looking at me, I assured her everything would be okay. But looking at her face, I can tell that something is disturbing her.

After that, we take the elders blessings.

"Bhai, photos click kar lete hain ,bhabhi ke sath." Rajveer Said while teasing his brother shreyansh

("Brother, let's click some photos with sister in law.")

I look towards Shree; she is looking shocked after hearing what Rajveer said, and I am also a little bit shocked by Rajveer's sudden word, but I like her cute, shocked reaction.

Shree thinks that after hearing Rajveer, now I am someone's sister-in-law. They will call his brother's wife his sister-in-law. How stupid am I? But this is so sudden.

"Yes, sure. "Shreyansh answered with a smile.

"Chale? " He asked me

("Let's go? ")

"Hmm" I replied him

After some photos, we click, and Rajshree comes towards them and said him,

"Shreyansh beta, ab meri beti ko thodi der Akela chhod do, mujhe bhi uske sath photo khinch vani hai.."

("Shreyansh son, now leave my daughter alone for some time, let me also take a photo with her.")

"Theek hai mom ab Shree aapki officially Beti hai, so don't worry and I am going."

("ok mom now shri is officially your daughter so don't worry and I'm going.")

Saying this, Shreyansh goes toward Ajay, where he is standing.

Then Rajshree aunty and I clicked some photos. After that, aunty said shree with so much love.

"Thank you, Beta, for accepting Shreyansh. He suffered so much in the past, but I am happy that you are in his life."

"Nahin nahin , aap mere se bade hain; aap kyon thank u bol rahe hain, mujhe aapko thankyou bolna chahie aapane mujhe accept Kiya."

("No no, you are older than me; why are you thanking me, I should thank you because you accepted me.")

"And everyone has some and some other things from their past, and because of that, they suffer. And I know how this feels. "

After completing her sentence, she got some flashbacks of her past that brought tears to her eyes.

Rajshree notices this and hugs her and cares for her back with love.

And she said " Everything would be okay, beta. If God chooses you both for each other, then there is something he wants to give you-something you will cherish. So don't worry. "

"Hmm" I replied

Meanwhile,

Shreyansh and Ajay were talking with each other at that time, and Naina came towards them and said

"So, The Shreyansh Malhotra is officially my jiju. "

"Yes, Miss Naina, and you are officially my sali sahiba..

(Sister-in-law)

They laughed at each other's compliments.

"On a serious note, thank you, Shreyansh, for everything you did, and you don't believe me that I was telling Shree that if you want, then we can run away right now when you are not picking up our call. We thought that you would not come, but she didn't agree with me. Thank God she doesn't agree with me; then what will happen to my handsome Jiju?"

"If someone else been in my place, she would have engaged with him." With a look of disbelief, Shreyansh asked.

"May be yes." Naina replied, being nervous after hearing his voice.

And added by Naina" But why are you asking it now? Everything is fine. And I never let Shree do that ,Shreyansh."

"Yes, Shreyansh, so chill. " Ajay said while claiming his anger, which will increase if we talk some more about it.

"Shreyansh clams down, saying this is not the right place to get angry. Shree is coming here," he whispered after noticing Shree.

Shree is coming towards them after talking for some time with his mom, and the elders are discussing marriage details. rajveer and navya also join them.

"Hey, Shree you know tumhe na bahot crazy dost mili hai. Achcha huva tum uske jaisi nahi ho. Uske jokes bhi uske jase hai crazy. Nahi to mere dost ka kya hota." Ajay said while laughing

("Hey, Shree you know you have got a very crazy friend. It is good that you are not like her. Her jokes are also crazy like her. Otherwise what would have happened to my friend.")

"Ye baat to sahi hai Ajay bhaiya." navya said while agreeing with him

("This is true Ajay Brother.")

"Navya tum bhi apne Bhai ki side le Rahi ho this not fair ok." Naina said with faking her anger.

("Navya, you are also taking your brother's side, this is not fair, okay.")

"Shree If my friend Shreyansh hurts you or says anything, then you just come to your brother. I am always there for you. I am not kidding about anything. In the future, if he does anything, then I will not hesitate to go against him." Ajay said

"Ok, brother" Shree, reply to him. She felt so emotional, and now she has a brother who is there for her.

In all of this, Shree notices that Ansh is quietly standing.

She wonders what happened to him suddenly he gets serious, and what is he thinking? Is he regretting doing an engagement with me?

Meanwhile,

Shreyansh thinks that,how can she do this her life?She can't do that with her life, I won't let her do that as long as I'm here

I'm looked in her direction. The way she looks is tense. Unknown of the cause, I address her with a smile and extend my hand.

She accepts it slowly. I walk her over to where the elders are seated.

"Shree and I were heading out for dinner," which I told mom.

In Shree's points of view, he seems to be being serious one moment and then wanting to go have dinner the next.

"Ok, beta." Rajshree Aunty agreed with him.

(Son)

"Mr. Malhotra, why don't you have dinner here with us? " Mr. Sharma asked him

"No, Mr. Sharma, we engaged today. Don't you think that we should spend more time with each other alone? " He politely refused his offer with a stern voice.

That's when they leave the house. Shreyansh open the car door for her. She just sits there silently.

He also approaches the driver's seat and gets into it. While driving, he observes that Shree gets captured in her thoughts.

So he called her." Do you want to ask me something? I see you are lost in thought."

"Yes, how can you openly say to them that you want to spend time with each other alone?"

Because of his act, she forgot why she was tense some time ago.

"So you are thinking that " by saying this, he smiled at her and said," We are engaged, and what is the problem with this? We are going to spend our whole lives with each other. Spending time with each other is normal."

Shree is stuck in his word; they are going to spend their lives with each other.

"Shree"

"Hmm"

"Can you dial a number on my phone?"

"Yes whom?"

"There is a number saved as Avni; dial that and put the call on speaker."

"Hmm"

After that, she dialed that number, and someone picked up the call, but on the other side, one girl was speaking.

Shreyansh first spoke after her hello.

"Everything is ready."

"Yes, everything is ready."

"Okay, then we are coming in 10 minutes."

Shree cut the call and asked him, "Who is this girl?"

Shreyansh is thinking that shree must be feeling jealous, that why she is asking me.

"Why ? I am speaking with a girl. Are you feeling jealous?"

"No, I am not feeling jealous. I am just asking you, nothing else. "

"Oh," he said, and he smiled at her reaction.

Shree wonders what happened to me and why I am behaving like that.

Meanwhile,

As Shreyansh and Shree left

Kailash, his father, said to Mr. Sharma, her uncle," As we discussed that my brother and his wife will do rituals as her parents, and Ajay will do them as her brother in marriage. Now we will leave for our house."

"Okay, Mr. Malhotra, we don't have any problems. We are ready. "

As they are leaving, Naina is also leaving for her apartment. Ramya, his aunty, noticed, so she said to Rajveer and Ajay that ,

"Tum donon mein se koi Naina ko uske Ghar chhod do,vo akeli hai."

("Either of you two drop Naina off at her home, she is alone.")

So Ajay immediately replied, "Okay, Aunty, I will drop her off at her apartment."

"It's ok, aunty, I will manage, " she said with a smile

"No, you will go with Ajay. "

"Ok aunty."

As they are in the car, he is driving

"Thank you, brother." Naina said while teasing him.

"How many times do I have to tell you, Don't call me brother?" He said this while getting frustrated.

"Okay, okay, but tell me, how do you convince her uncle of the engagement?" She asked him, being curious.

"I will tell you, but don't tell anyone about it, especially Shree Shreyansh, who will tell her about it."

"Okay, I will not tell anyone."

Then he tells her how they convinced her uncle and how they offered a deal.

"What you have done is totally really wrong, I'm angry at you guys, but this is the only option and right for Shree. That's why I am calming myself, and when will he tell her?"

"That's why I am telling you don't tell anyone, okay, and he will tell her at the right time."

"Ok " she replied

Then she started looking at her phone and smiling in intervals of a few seconds.

Ajay thought about what she was looking at on her phone that made her smile, or if she has a boyfriend.

So he directly asked her

" What your boyfriend was saying, which made you smile."

" What? "

"You are looking at your phone, and then you smile. That's why I thought you were talking to your boyfriend."

"Oh, that's yes, I am talking with my boyfriend."

" Whattt? "

"Yes, do you want to see his photo?"

He thought,, Let's see which moron gets this beauty.

Now it's time him to get shocked.

" Yes, sure. " he replied.

Then she showed him the pizza photo.

"What is this pizza photo? Why are you showing it to me?"

"Because he is my first and last boyfriend, I love him so much. I am telling him to come tonight for dinner."

" Ohh, so you are ordering him, " he said, and he laughed after hearing this.

"Yes, and don't laugh, okay? " she replied, faking her anger.

"Okay, " he replied and smiled.

Naina noticed his smile, and, unknowing to her, she said, " You know, you have a very pretty smile. "

" And you know, Miss Naina, that boys always flirt with this line with girls. "

Then see what she said to him; then she immediately said, " No, no, I am not flirting with you, Mr. Ajay, and why do you stop the car? "

" We are reaching your apartment, madam, but you are busy flirting with me. "

" No, I am not busy flirting with you." She immediately came out of the car, saying this, and Ajay also came out of the car after her with a smile

Then she notices that one delivery boy is coming there, and she collects her pizza.

She turned around and called Ajay and said," I have ordered pizza for two people, so please."

At the XYZ building

They reached the building in which his penthouse is located.

They are in the lift, and Shreyansh presses the top floor button.

At the time, Shree asked " if we were going for dinner and why we were here?"

Shreyansh replied with a smile to her.

" It's my penthouse. We are going there. "

"Ohh"

As they entered his penthouse, Shree saw that there was a girl standing there.And she was shocked seeing the girl.

______________________________________

Like
Comment
Follow
Follow me on Instagram.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 40.3K 49
"Don't you dare think that I will ever say yes to marry you because today I will tell my parents that I don't want to marry you" I said smirking and...
4.4M 207K 73
" HOW DARE YOU TRY TO HURT MY SON??" he shouted at her, his eyes bloodshot. "DON'T SHOW ME THAT FAKE TEARS OF YOURS. I KNOW YOU ARE JUST MASKING YOU...
6K 151 9
18+content "This marriage is nothing only for a business deal to me. I will make sure to break this engagement in 6 months." He said very rudely "...
4.4M 153K 83
STOP RIGHT THERE Mrs Priya Ekaansh Raghuvanshi, a shiver ran down her spine listening his dangerous voice she gulp and tightly close her eyes,she was...