𝘍𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦 | Charles L...

Bởi filthyferrari

Meeting the right person at the wrong time is a living hell that wasn't spoken about enough. Charles Leclerc... Xem Thêm

Portrayles
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41- The Finale
||Tributes|| <3
||Authors Note
Bonus Chapter||

Chapter 18

857 10 6
Bởi filthyferrari

Not the result we was hoping for in Japan but nevertheless Charles you did fucking amazing. To go from P8 to P4 and get driver of the day, Jules would've been so so proud of you. Lap 17. P1. He was watching over you🕊️🤍

Bit of a shorter chapter this one as the next will be longer!

                                 ﹌﹌﹌
I hadn't been asleep long. The only way I was certain of that was when I awoke to the sound of my phone ringing, it was still pitch black outside. My head felt groggy from the lack of sleep I'd been getting over the weeks, so it took me a minute to fully wake up before realising my phone was still ringing. I grabbed it from where it rested on my nightstand and answered.

"Hello?" I groaned rubbing my sore eyes open.

"Hey did I wake you?" Charles sounded alert as usual with a slight chuckle in his voice. My stomach fluttered slightly when I heard him, it'd been awhile since I had. I glanced towards my alarm clock that I hadn't changed since I was twelve years old, it was still smothered in colourful stickers. I was honestly surprised it still was functioning.

3:23am

"Do you realise it's three o'clock in the morning here" I tried to hide the slight tone of annoyance in my voice. After all it was the middle of the fucking night, and I never allowed anyone to disturb my sleep. Not even Charles Leclerc.

"Oh shit i'm sorry I forgot there was different time zones. I just wanted to hear your voice before practice and quali started"

I was silent for a moment cursing him in my mind. How the hell I couldn't stay mad at that man was a mystery to me. I rolled my eyes and cursed myself too before I spoke again.

"No it's okay, how is everything hows Japan?"

A heavy sigh escaped his lips as he spoke, his voice strained with fatigue and emotion. Whilst wrapped up in my own bubble for two months, I almost forgot the back to back races Charles had been doing. Since Bahrain he had raced in Australia too and the time zones must've really screwed with him.

"Japan is incredible Ive always loved this place and the people. Its definitely a lot of driver's favourites as well. It's just the track that's challenging. Any mistakes are going to be punished with how narrow it is. Oh and it's expected to rain which is just shit" he paused "Sorry that sounded way to formal. I'm still in interview mode"

Rain. The one word that every driver hated. Especially on a race day and considering the tragedy I'd just learnt of I didn't know what to say next.

"Well I'm glad it's going good but just be careful tomorrow Charles..I just don't know what i'd do if something happened to you"

There was silence on the other end. Even though I couldn't see him I knew he was smiling.

"I promise I'll come back to you safe and in one piece"

"Good because I don't fancy hurting you myself"

He chuckled softly at my remark "I don't think you could ever hurt me. Not with your words at least" He paused for a moment before adding quietly "And even if you did, I would still do anything for you"

Damn you Charles Leclerc. I was smiling like a Cheshire Cat. It was honestly embarrassing. I felt like a teenager all over again and as if by coincidence I was layed in my childhood bed. Never in my life would I had imagined it would be Charles on the other end of the phone though.

"I'd never hurt you Charles"

"That's why I trust you with my life" His voice was gentle and reassuring, reflecting the deep trust and affection that bonded us together in the first place. The kindness and purity of our hearts. Even though we were physically apart, it didn't change us.

"Anyways how's Cannes?"

I rolled onto my back getting comfortable under the covers "Yeah Cannes is good, it's been nice seeing my parents"

"I'm glad to hear it, you deserved a break after everything"

"I definitely needed one before Miami"

"Speaking of Miami" His voice suddenly had a hint of mischief in it "You excited?"

I groaned instantly "That didn't sound good"

He laughed harmlessly down the phone "I'm joking I am excited though" His voice then took a more serious tone "I have something planned for us as well"

"You're not sacrificing me to the Miami nightlife are you like you did in Monaco?"

"What the fuck Luce" His laugh had echoed louder "No nothing like that. But I think you'll enjoy what I have in mind" His voice was low and possibly suggestive, causing a shiver to creep its way down my spine even despite the several weighted blankets on me keeping my body warm. He couldn't have been suggestive right? Surely not?

I cleared my throat slightly not wanting to make anything to obvious "Well I'll look forward to it"

"Good. In the meantime try to get some rest. I'll be thinking of you"

"I'll be thinking of you too"

"Goodnight Luce" There was a lingering pause, as if he wanted to say more. Finally, he added softly "I miss you"

I fought the tears stinging the creases of my eye lids. Every second Charles wasn't here it felt like the air around me was becoming thinner. I'd grown so used to having him right there when we was in Bahrain and now I hadn't. I gently kissed the screen of my phone even though I knew he couldn't see.

"I miss you too Charles"

The line went dead, leaving me layed there in the dark with a sense of contentment mixed with dreaded longing.

﹌﹌﹌
The morning sun had melted through my blinds several hours later. The smell of eggs, baked bread and bacon permeated the room filling my nostrils alerting me awake, I could hear several voices and music coming from the room below me which was in fact the kitchen. I layed there for a little longer gazing out the open glass doors that lead to a small balcony overlooking the sea. The morning breeze was pushing my white curtains softly, I was finally at peace for a while before sitting up and stretching. Swinging my legs over the edge of my bed I hoisted my body from mattress and made my way downstairs.

The thing I loved about Cannes the most was the weather. It was never too cold like London or too hot like Bahrain. I was comfortable enough to wander around in a black mini vest top and shorts. When I entered the kitchen I was greeted by my father and mother. My mother was carefully setting up a small dining space in the garden, she'd opened the double doors allowing the sun to dance along the marbled kitchen floor which was warm under my feet. My father was busying himself over the stove dishing up eggs onto three plates lined up on the counter. Both singing along to a sweet tune on the radio I hadn't recognised before. Happy in there little marriage bubble. It was like I'd time travelled back to my childhood.

"Oh morning darling, did you sleep well?" She asked when she saw me approach.

I rubbed my eyes convinced I was still half asleep when it took me a little longer to reply to her simple question. The conversation I had with Charles in the early hours was still on repeat in my mind, like a faucet I couldn't switch off.

"Yeah I did..what's going on here?"

Id stepped outside into the lukewarm heat as my mother handed me my sunglasses offering a small kiss to the side of my head. The town below the hill looked busy already as people walked about there day. And the beach was already beginning to fill up too with families enjoying there holidays. I placed myself down on a chair as my father came bounding through out the doors juggling three plates.

"Well we thought we would have breakfast outside as a family since we rarely do before you leave for Miami tomorrow" My father said cheerily dropping the plates onto the table and giving me a kiss on the top of my head as he passed me, before sitting down beside my mother.

"Tomorrow? It's gone so fast" I uttered quietly as I sipped on my water that was slowly waking me. It felt like only that morning id stepped off the plane on home turf excited to tell my parents everything. And now I was leaving them again.

"You excited for Miami dear?" My father asked as he tucked into the food before him. My mother doing the same.

In-between small bites I replied "I am but I can't help but realise it's going to be different in the paddock without the girls"

"Ah yes I forgot they weren't going to be joining this time around"

Even though it'd been discussed and the invite was handed to the girls, they wanted to use the small free time we had to see family and friends. And I didn't blame them. But I was still nervous about not having them by my side.

"I suppose you've grown quite close with the drivers so it'll be less daunting with them there" My father added.

"And hopefully you could meet some of their partners or wags as some people refer to them as" My mother chuckled to herself at the word wag. She'd never been fully tuned in with the younger generation, but for my sake she tried. Even if she found it ridiculous.

"Yeah exactly I'm not too concerned about it all. It should be a good weekend"

"Oh it will be dear. You see these grandprixs on TVs and they look absolutely splendid-" My dad was cut short by my mother quickly interjecting "And you'll get to see Charles again!"

"Yeah I'm excited to see him" I said smiling warmly. I tried my best to shake off his name as whenever I heard it I swear I wouldn't stop grinning. Like my stupid face had been glued in that position.

"We're going to watch the race later if you want to join us?"

I nodded my head "yeah I'll invite Lacey around as we all know much she likes f1"

"Sounds great darling"

Once we was all gathered in the living room later on that evening i felt a sense of peace finally. I'd never really fully understood at the beginning why people loved Formula One so much, but I'd grown to love it just as the next person. There was something about the sport that I hadn't quite figured out what I loved so much. I was stood in the kitchen that overlooked the lounge busying myself plating up some pepperoni pizza we had ordered. Faintly hearing Charles voice I looked behind me noticing he was being interviewed as he strolled to the grid. He looked calm and confident not showing hints of any other emotions. And that settled me you could say.

When I was finished plating up I grabbed the plates and made my way over to the spot Lacey had left for me as she handed me a glass of Pinot. When Charles appeared on the screen again I tried to hide the sparkle in my eyes. Especially with Lacey boring hers into me. I had to keep up the casual appearance. So instead I took a slice of pizza from the table and took a small bite.

"If you carry on staring at me I'll poke your eyes out" I warned, not bothering to make eye contact with her.

"Hmm, is that right?" I could tell she was smirking by the playful tone in her voice "And what makes you think I won't just poke yours out too"

I turned my head towards her flashing her a small wink "you won't have any eyes to see mine to poke them out"

"Yeah I stupidly walked into that one" She muttered taking a big swig from her glass. I chuckled and turned back towards the TV. My parents were cuddled up on the sofa next to us clearly in there own little bubble.

And then there was twenty cars in front of me. All with the same objective. And that was to win. To be the best. So all there was left to do was get comfy and wait for those famous words.

It's lights out bitch.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

216K 3.5K 26
Enzo Elodi Wolff, Daughter of Toto Wolff. An internet sensation that every girl wants to be. In love with the opposing teams driver? 🔸Instagram st...
373K 5.7K 40
Slipping down a dark path can be pretty self-destructive. Especially when you can't come out. "I need you, Charles... I need you now". ---- Disclai...
54.5K 831 22
The past year has gone from bad to worse for Charles Leclerc. He lost the World Championship to his greatest rival and then his three year relationsh...
9.4K 175 37
Hate. It's strong, strong enough to destroy a relationship for all incoming time, but also strong enough to change a relationship into something muc...