KARASUNO'S MANAGER - Haikyu V...

By HermesStories

"Remember the promise you made years ago?" My brother asked from the phone. "Which one?" I asked as I blow a... More

Author's Note
Prologue
I. Sōzokujin Academy
II. Note
III. His Sister
IV. Oh Brother
VI. Breakfast
VII. Surprise
VIII. Storm
IX. On
X. Late
XI. Kitchen Duty
Author's Note
XII. Food
XIII. Caught
XIV. Red
XV. Pretty Cute
XVI. Graves
XVII. Sleepover
XVIII. To Die
XVIV. Wish
XX. His Fingers
XXI. Get Lost
XXII. The Plan
XXIII. Idiot
XXIV. Spill
XXV. Punishment
XXVI. Second
XXVII. Wait
XXVIII. Explain

V. Serve

311 9 1
By HermesStories

Bam!

Hideko hit the floor with a grunt as she received Ushijima's serve, sending it to her brother as best as she could.

Good enough. I hope. She thought as she scrambled up to her feet and ran towards the net.

"Mine!" She screamed out as she got closer to the net readying herself to jump, fire glinting in her eyes and a smirk adoring her face. A look of pure cockiness. She sees Tendo stare at her, ready to block her attack.

Bam!

"Momentarily confusion is enough to sway someone's perception." She said as she land after jumping . Tendo looked at her with furrowed brows and a small frown. Deep in thought.

Hideko ran towards her brother and Daichi and gave them each a high five congratulating them for the point Daichi got from his attack.

She turned towards Tendo.
"Don't you agree Tendo-san?"

"Wah! Chibi-chan! That was amazing! You can actually play!" Oikawa said as he push his face close to the net, looking down at her.

Before she gets a chance to answer, coach Irihata include himself in the conversation.

"Of course she can. I coached her."

"Well, well, well, coach Irihata, you're not the only one who coached her." Coach Nekomata added.

"I was first though." Coach Irihata replied smugly.

"I believe I'm the one who-" coach Nekomata was cut off by Hideko's brother.

"I'll stop you both right there. It's obvious where she learned all her skills from. She's an Ukai after all." Ukai said with a smirk.

"Well, I sure did not taught her cheap tricks." Coach Washijō said.

Cheap tricks? Hideko thought annoying her for a little bit.

Everyone's head were jumping from one coach to another as if embodying ping pong balls in a game.

"Geez. I'm not the one who scored the point." She whispered to herself.

"Your turn." Ushijima suddenly said facing Hideko.

She looked up to see Ushijima, Oikawa and Tendo staring at her. She nod her head and went to position.

"Oniisan, I'm counting on you." Hideko said as she bounce the ball making her way to the line.

Everyone's attention was placed back to the game.

1-1

Closing her eyes and breathing in deep.

Peep!

She opened her eyes at the same time she threw the ball up in the air.

Jump float serve, there.

She skillfully hit the ball watching it soar through the air and land exactly where she wanted it to.

Peep!

"Yes!" Hideko exclaimed as everyone in the gym lost their voice.

She looked in front to see Oikawa with a tight smile and furrowed brows directed at her.

Serves him right. I intentionally aimed at his side. Of course I play! Yes, I'm petty like that, pretty boy. Hideko thought to herself.

Lucky shot. Iwaizumi thought along with every player in Aoba Johsai.

Her brother suddenly laughed, filling the gym, erasing the still silence of it moments ago.

"She's perfect!" Nishinoya and Tanaka shouted while hugging each other with tears running down their eyes.
As everyone else from Karasuno cheered.

1-2

One more.

She smirked as she throws a volleyball to the air and catches it looking at the opposing team.

Peep!

She threw the ball up in the air and hit it exactly how she did before, aiming right beside Oikawa.

I'm counting on you.

Oikawa moved, already anticipating what was to come.
Same attack chibi-chan. Bad move.

He received it and directed it to Tendo, forcing him to set to Ushijima.

Bad. It was bad.

Ushijima spiked the ball over their net, as powerful as before regardless of the messy setting he received.

Powerful, sure. But accuracy seems to be lacking.

She positioned herself to receive Ushijima's spike and sent it over to her brother.

Oniisan. I'm counting on you.

"ONIISAN!" She screamed as she ran towards the net and jumped higher than what Tendo can reach with his hands.

Bam!

1-3

She landed as she stare with wide eyes towards Tendo. Smirking slowly.

Their staring competition ended when Ukai placed her in a headlock, congratulating her.

Slapping his arms and everywhere she can reach him.

"Let go oniisan! I can't breathe!" She shouted at him as she continue to flail her arms around.

She was flailing her arms around when she accidentally hit Daichi on his face. Exactly when her brother let her go.

Color drained from her face.

Oh. My. God.

"Captain! I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry!" She bowed in a 90 degree angle, apologizing repeatedly.

She felt a hand on top of her head.

•••
Daichi looked at their coach and manager with wonder.

Amazing. He thought.

He was speechless to see his coach place his own sister in a headlock. He watched them with wide eyes as Hideko throw punches at her brother.

"Let go oniisan! I can't breathe!" Hideko shouted.

Daichi felt himself move towards the siblings. Before he got a word out he was suddenly slapped across his face.

He brought his hand to his left cheek, feeling the slight sting.

Never thought I'll be slapped by a girl.

"Captain! I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry!" Hideko bowed in a 90 degree angle, apologizing repeatedly turning Daichi's face red.

Not from the slap.

He placed his hand on top of her head then rubbed her head. Hoping to calm her down.

"It's okay Hideko-chan. I'm alright. No harm done."

Daichi was taken off guard when she suddenly stood up straight and grabbed his left hand, placing it on her right cheek.

"If it makes you feel better, you can slap me as well, captain!" Hideko said with teary eyes.

Oh God.

Empty. Nothing was going on in Daichi's head. As Hideko holds his hand to her cheek.

It felt like eternity before something happened.
•••

Hideko was hugged by Hinata who was dragged back by Kageyama leading to both of them tumbling to the ground with Kageyama looking down at them.

Before she got a word out Suga shouted for everyone to get back to their seats.

"Do it. I dare you." Hideko turned around to see her brother with a threatening aura talking to Daichi.

Daichi stared at his coach. Unsure of what to say.

Peep!
"Alright. Everyone, head in the game!" A coach yelled out to gain everyone's attention.

"Ukai-san, you can't be going around threatening students you coach." Takeda tried to explain, to calm him down.

Hideko ran and grabbed Daichi's hand, startling the boy once again.

"I'm really sorry captain. I'm sorry oniisan. It was my fault. I panicked. I wasn't thinking straight. Words just started tumbling out my mouth." She said with her head bowed down.

She could feel everyone's gaze at her. Pinning her where she stands.

Ukai sighed as he looked at his sister. Maybe I was a bit too rough. He thought.

"Alright. My bad, as well. Let's finish this. It's only a 15 point match after all. I need a drink after this." He said as he grabbed Hideko's other hand and pulled her along, making her let go of Daichi's hand.

"Ukai-san! You-" Takeda was cut short when her brother told him that he plans to drink coffee to energize himself for the rest of the day.

"Calm down, sensei." He said with a laugh.

"Like I said. It's too freaking early for all of this." Tsukishima said loud enough for everyone in Karasuno to hear.

The game continued with Karasuno snickering, laughing and fighting with each other as they cheer for every point their teammates scored.

The other team deadpans at them.
What is wrong with them. They all thought.

15-14

We lost

"I feel like my arms are going to detach themselves from my body." Hideko said as she falls to the ground, panting.
Alarming everyone near her.

She stood up and dragged herself to the seats where her team was then ungracefully plopped herself to one of the free seats. In between Ennoshita and the Nekoma team.

The coaches went to one corner of the gym to talk about something.

"How am I so tired!? It's only a 15 point match! This is ridiculous." She said to no one in particular.

Grumbling nonsense as she stretch her arms.

Hinata suddenly appeared in front of her, jumping around.

"Hinata, calm down. Before I-" Her words were cut short when Suga appeared in front of her with a water bottle.

"Here, Hideko-chan, drink up." He said with a smile.

Hideko thanked him and smiled when she noticed she couldn't hear Hinata's voice anymore.

Kageyama? Man, that boy sure knows how to put Hinata in place from time to time. Sort of.

She turned to her right to see Ennoshita with his hands on Hinata's shoulder, staring at him.

Oh? I thought it was Kageyama.

She drinks again and sees a towel in front of her.

"Here. This is clean." She looked up to see Kinoshita handing her a face towel.

Suddenly feeling conscious. She can feel her face warm up.

She grabbed the towel and smacked it to her face.

"Thank you Kinoshita-san!" Her voice muffled by the towel.

She heard laughter from her left. Looking up she saw Kuroo laughing while slapping his leg.

"You sure do have a troublesome team there Sugawara." Kuroo said to Suga.

"Ahh. Well, they are kids after all."

Kids?

"Suga-senpai, you're not that old from us."

"You should have been there in our first training camp. It was only 2 days but Karasuno sure did leave an impression on everyone." A tall boy who introduced himself as Lev said.

"You weren't even there, Lev." A boy named Yaku said.

"Yeah! I wasn't. But Inouka wouldn't shut up about them for weeks." Lev replied.

"I feel like I was there!" He added.

Hideko looked at Suga with raised brows.

"A story for a different time Hideko-chan." Suga said with a smile.

"Right Asahi?"

"Uhh. Right. Right." Asahi replied back with uncertainty.

She can't know. No one can tell her. The third year and second year players of Karasuno thought.

Peep!

"Alright, gather around. We will now be heading to the cafeteria. Afterwards you will be going to your respective rooms, settle yourselves down. You may walk around the training camp, clean up or do whatever but be in the cafeteria by noon for lunch. Then we'll start with your training."  The coach of Inarizaki announced.

Finally. Time for breakfast.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

274K 10.1K 83
️️⭐️2nd Place in Haikyuu Watty Awards 2015 love stories [canon pairing/OC pairing] Category⭐️ I'm just Haruka Akiyama, a regular 2nd year high school...
186K 5.3K 15
You move to Japan after living in the states as a child, leaving your childhood friends behind. You now go to Karasuno high but didn't expect to find...
redo By Spencer

Fanfiction

6.7K 285 11
Hinata takes a particularly hard spike to the face knocking him out. Being as oblivious as he is it takes a little time to realize that he is a girl...
471K 12.7K 51
Y/n wasn't excepting this to happen... Becoming one of the manager of the Karasuno's volleyball team and dealing with a past crush. her life really...