ALLURED : [#bound by attracti...

By AnjolaAfolabi544

Following the life of a pluzsize nigerian lady after after her life comes crashing down when she finds out th... More

Prologue
Authors note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
authors note
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Thank you
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31-- He's Back
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
NOTICE
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Message to all my Readers and supporters
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 60

chapter 59

99 5 2
By AnjolaAfolabi544

GENERAL POV

Ammar groaned as he puts of his alarm clock which had been loudly for quite some time .

He opened one eye and looked at the electric clock other table which read 5am, it was time for fajr.

He sat up and stretched a bit before proceeding to the washroom to perform ablution after which he went to knock on maryam's door.

" maryam wake up , it's time for fajr" he called out to his sister from outside her door. He left when maryam let out a groggy " I'm awake" .

Maryam and a very sleepy eman soon came in and they stood for prayer with ammar leading.

After praying eman sat cuddled up her father's laps while he read quran and maryam went back to her room.

Ammar put eman to sleep again on his bed since she dozed off in his lap before he got into his work out outfit and went to the gym.

After a long run on the treadmill and lifting some heavy weights , ammar sat to take a little break and drink some water.

He was about to resume his workout when his phone rang and he picked it up , it was his personal assistant.

" Sir there's been some problem with the model for presentation at the awards night " his assistant said over the phone.

" Get all the team heads on board before I arrive" he said in a thundering voice before hanging up and quickly going to get dressed.

" maryam there's an emergency at work , I have to quickly go" he said to his sister who was sitting in the living room while sipping on a cup of tea.

She bid him bye before he left and continued with her cup of tea.

Maryam finished up her twa and was about to go back upstairs when her phone rang and she picked it up , it was sumayya.

" Salamalikum sumi " she said and sumayya replied

" is ammar at home" she asked maryam who replied that ammar had just left for something important at the office.

The next moment the door opened and sumayya came in with her driver hauling her luggage behind.

" OMG, sumi how come you're here" maryam asked confused as they shared a hug.

" I thought to suprise you guys" sumayya replied smiling and maryam just shaked herhead at her.

" you and your antics, ya ammar will be happy to see you " maryam said and she nodded smiling.

" where is eman?" She asked looking around for her daughter.

" she asleep in your room, she fell asleep after we prayed fajr" maryam said and sumayya nodded.

" ohk so I need your help with something" she said to maryam who nodded in agreement before asking what it was about.

" I decided to suprise amamr with a little gift and a small celebration party after the awards night" sumayya said before explaining how she wanted to gift him by doing a makeover of his home office and throwing a little family party for him.

" that's such a good idea , he will be so surprised to see you at the awards night" maryam said smiling, sumayya had explained to her how she planned on suprising him at the awards night since they were going to announce their marriage to the public.

They were still making plans on how to set up everything when layla called.

" Have you seen the news?" Layla asked immediately they picked up since it was a conference call.

" why what happened" sumayya asked while maryam quickly openedher social media to check.

" sumi you should see this " maryam said with an horrified expression and passed her phone to sumayya who was confused.

Sumayya let out a gasp immediately she saw the screen which displayed a picture of her, ammar and eman .

It was a picture of them at the beach , it was one of the times when they went to have private family time together at one of the family owned beach resort.

She couldn't help but sigh in relief to the fact that eman's face wasn't showing and she was wearing her hijab .

The picture was of them walking along the side of the water , ammar was holding eman in his arms with her face hidden in his chest while he held sumayya's hand while looking at her with a loving smile and sumayya was laughing with her head thrown back.

The picture was saddled with the headlines :

ARCHITECTURAL BUSINESS MOGUL AND ONE OF ABUJA'S MOST ELIGIBLE BACHELOR ; AMMAR SHAGARI SEEN IN A PICTURE WITH A WOMAN AND YOUNG GIRL WHO ARE ASSUMED TO BE HIS WIFE AND CHILD.

There were different headlines with their picture all over , some even painted her as a gold digger with headlines like: Ammar shagari married to a nobody from the gutters.

Some even went as far to insult her looks and dressing.

" sumayya just calm down am sure ammar is already doing something about this" maryam said with a worrisome expression.

" it's okay , I'm just happy that eman's identity is hidden or else she might be in danger with all these people coming after us" sumayya said with a sigh while massaging her forehead.

" I mean it just feels weird" sumayya said while maryam smiled.

" perks of marrying an eligible bachelor, there a lot of girls crushing on your husband" layla said

" I'm sure they must be digging for information about me" she said , thankful that she made her life private even her social media accounts are private.

" let me just call ammar" she said

" okay buta I'm sure he's got someone working to bring down all the pictures already" maryam said

She then picked up her phone and called ammar .

" babe don't worry iys going good be fine, I already have someone on the job, they're going to takedown all the picture
can you just call maryam and tell her to be stay in with eman, there may be paparazzi hiding somewhere. I will try to be back home as soon as possible" ammar said to sumayya over the phone and she told him to take his time finishing up at the office.

Sumayya wasn't very bothered since they had already planned to announce their marriage, though not like this.

Their picture made top views on every social media platform, from Twitter to Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and gossip blogs.

Eman came downstairs while rubbing her eyes groggily, she squealed and hugged sumayya when she saw her.

" mommy I missed you" eman said with a pout and sumayya smiled bopping her little nose.

" I missed my baby too" she replied and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

Sumayya smiled as eman started chatting her ears off with all that happened in the last few days as they went into the kitchen.

Sumayya sat a talking eman on the counter as she began to work on a something for breakfast .

Her mom called while they were in the kitchen and eman switched to talking to her grandmother over video call .

Sumayya cut up some apple slices in a plate and gave it to Eman to snack on while she made breakfast .

It was only three of them at home as dede and atika had taken time off for the day.

Sumayya made a simple breakfast of toast and eggs with freshly squeezed juice .

They were eating breakfast when layla arrived at the house .

" perks of being pregnant" sumayya said when layla came in and joined them for breakfast even she already had her own breakfast.

Layla nudged her in the shoulder and gave her a glare while they all laughed.

" mommy why can't the baby not come out now " eman asked as she put her ear against layla's tummy trying hear the baby.

" that's because it's still growing but don't worry it going to come soon" sumayya said smiling as eman tried to have a conversation with layla's pregnant belly.

" is it a girl or boy" she asked patting layla's stomach.

" we don't know yet " layla said and eman just nodded before going back to feeling her belly.

This was something eman did everytime ever since layla started showing properly.

" mommy would your stomach be big like this too, if Honeybun didn't go away to heaven" eman asked and sumayya froze for a while

" yes " she replied with a sigh while maryam and layla gave her a knowing smile.

" mommy , daddy said that God will give us another honeybun , is that true?" Eman asked with an inquisitive expression.

" yes inshallah carry soon" sumayya said with a weak and sad smile.

Maryam gave her hand a comforting squeeze which she returned with another sad smile.

_________________________________________

SUMAYYA

It was now 2pm in the afternoon and I was putting finishing touches on ammar's new home office with maryam while layla lounged on the couch while munching on some snacks.

I decided to renovate ammar's home office into a proper one with all the necessary appliances.

Before this it was just a room with an office chair and table and shelves which were filled with files, it wasn't exactly equipped since amnar is always busy and hasn't had tge time to decorate it to his taste.

Since this was something he'd always wanted to do , I decided to finish it up for him.

It was mainly decoration, choosing furniture and appliances , I didn't have to do any painting since the walls were already a perfect colour of dark shade cyan blue and white. The shade combination of the colours were perfect which gave the office simplicity and beauty even though the colours are monotone.

The shelves were also cyan blue to match up , but then I chose a dark honey brown for the rest of the furniture which added quite an homey feeling

This includes the plush single sitter sofa , the working table and I had also managed to get a comfortable chair in the same shade, though it was more of a smart chair since it can recline and adjust position with a push of buttons.

I added a snack and coffee station which was equipped with a coffee machine, a beautiful coffee mug set, an electric kettle . I also stocked it t
With tea bags, spices , coffee beans and packs of snacks and chockate

I added a small refrigerator on the side and stocked it up with his favourite drinks, cream , milk and other of his favourite snack supplies.

I also put in a glass cabinet shelf for his awards.

There was also a section dedicated to paperwork where I added stationeries, a portable printer and photocopier along with other necessary stuff .

I made sure not to forget a small corner for game section, I put in a play station and other video game devices.

Amnar was a busy man but like most other men he liked to play video games in his free time, he'd even taught me so I could play with him.

I got some design ideas from the interior designer since I couldn't invite anyone over to the house with all the current ruckus. I already pre ordered all the furniture and appliances so I just had one of the drivers pick it up and bring it back

" we did such a good job, ammar would be in love when he sees this" layla said from the couch where she half layed with her pregnant belly propped up.

" why are you saying we, it's not like you did anything" maryam said

" come on guys, I gave you guys design ideas" layla said with a teasing smile and maryam and I just shaked our heads her

Eman was taking a nap after she had a little snack so I laid her upstairs in our bed.

We took a 30 mins break and had a little snack of roasted plantain and groundnuts . We then began meal prepping for the dinner

I decided to go with a variety of Egyptian and nigerian dishes .for this dinner though there would still be some non Egyptian dishes varieties like jollof and friend rice , tuwo and amala

I got all the required recipes from my mother , though I already knew how to make some of the dishes. I was also vidoecalling my mom on the side so that she could help with the ones that I had issues with.

Maryam and I started on the mahshy kromb [ stuffed cabbage leaves] while dede and atika were prepping the meat for the barbecue.

" you old woman, you better sit in one place before you collapse " I said to layla who was walking bent up like an old woman because of back pain.

I tried to stop her from joining us but she refused.

" stop calling me that , mommy see what she's doing to me" layla said to my mom over the phone with a fake sad face.

" sumi you better leave my baby alone, can't you see that she's pregnant " my mom said glaring at me before facing .

" No I'm the only baby grandma has" eman said with a pout while Golding her hands against her chest.

" No I'm also her baby" layla said in a childish voice while pulling out her tongue at her.

" grandma who is your baby?" Eman asked giving my mom puppy eyes

" only you, you're my only baby" my mom replied giving eman a sweet smile.

" mommy that's betrayal" layla said with a dramatic gasp and eman turned back to her and pulled out her tongue at her.

" I won't talk to you again" layla said with a sad face which eman immediately fell for and went to give her a comforting hug

Maryam and I couldn't stop laughing at how innocent eman was.

" don't be sad , don't worry we can share grandma you can be her second baby" eman said patting layla's back while we just laughed in the background .

" thank you, you're my favourite niece." Layla said hugging her back while fake sniffing.

" you guys are so dramatic" maryam said .

We made golash [ meat filled phyllo], koshari , bamiya [ lamb meat stew] , basmati white rice, biryani, sharwarma, bufteak [ Egyptian fried steak], pasta, chicken and goat meat pepper soup, jollof rice , fried rice , tuwon, miyan kuka , we made all this for main course.

We were tired by the time all these was done , though it was not something big so we made little of each of the dishes.

I was whipping some lotus cream for the cheesecake when ammar called me.

" hey babe" I said while breathing heavily as I was out of breath and tired.

" what's wrong why are you breathing heavily" ammar asked

" oh nothing, I've just been busy in the kitchen" I said

" sorry why don't you take a little break and let baedhor or the help take over for a while" he said in a worried tone.

" no worries I will soon be done " I said and at that moment layla screamed out my name but quickly kept quite when I signaled that I was speaking to ammar.

" where are you , is that layla's voice I hear " he said

" no its just my mom talking on the phone" I replied with a nervous laugh

" oh is mom there, give her the phone let me speak to her" he said

" Hmm she's on the phone, bye love you" I said quickly cutting the call before going back to he kitchen.

I wanted the suprise to be perfect so I don't want to give him any hints, though I still sent one of the drivers to drop off lunch for him and bilal.

_________________________________________

AMMAR

Sumayya quickly hung up before I could say any other thing which I thought was weird , I could have sworn that it was layla's voice I heard in the background.

" what's wrong " bilal asked looking up from the bunch of papers we were working on

" sumayya is acting weird and I thought I heard layla's voice while I was talking to her" I said

" maybe you heard wrong, layla told me she's hanging out with amryam at your house and sumayya is in lagod with her parents" he said and I just nodded in agreement

" maybe you're hearing things cause you miss your wife" bilal said with a teasing smile and I threw a pen at him

" well you're right I really do miss her" I said

" I can't relate cause my wife is with me" bilal said while laughing and I just glared at him, bilal can be childish sometimes.

" come in " I said when I heard my assistant knock on the door.

" what is it" I asked as he came in

" your driver dropped off your lunch sir" he said dropping a large lunch box on the table.

I looked up in confusion as he dropped the lunch box

" thank you" I said as he left.

" layla said she sent us lunch" bilal said looking up from his phone .

We both stood up from our working chairs and went to seat on the sofa on to eat.

We'd finished up all the work for the awards review but we just got an huge contract so bilal and I had to make sure everything was in place .

After finishing up, we prayed asr and both of us took a relaxing nap in the bedroom , I had a bedroom in my office so we just slept there .

We woke up to heavy banging on the door by my assistant , by the time we woke up it was already 7pm and the event starts by eight so we had only one hour to get ready.

We met Khalil waiting for us in my office with our outfits and necessities.

He informed us that everyone had arrived and were waiting for us in one of the conference rooms.

my parents, grandparents , layla's parents and siblings, my siblings, bilal's parents were all attending . My parents , grandparents and bilal's parents were automatically sent an invite since they were in the business industry. But bilal and I were given an extension of ten extras each so everybody was covered.

The office bedroom was stocked up with all the necessities and toiletries so we took turns to shower before dressing up.

I was the last to finish dressing since bilal took his bath before me.

I wore a black and white tuxedo, the inner was black while the jacket was white with intricate background designs, the outer lapels of the jacket were red velvet, I matched it with a black bow tie. Bilal also wore a tuxedo but his was wine and black.

I was still busy fixing my tie which i had problems with cause I had gotten used to sumayya doing it for me and since she wasn't here I had to just don't myself.

The door of the bedroom suddenly opened and I turned around expecting to see Khalil or bilal but I saw sumayya standing there with a smile, she was looking so beautiful that I felt that air had been knocked out of my lungs.

" suprise" she said with a smile and I just chuckled before pulling her into a hug and burying my face in her neck.

" I missed you so much love , how come you're here , what of you mom?" I asked as I released her from the hug.

" dad and baedhor are looking after her so she asked me to come back home" she said smiling.

" my man is looking very handsome" she said fixing my tie and I just smiled down at her .

" well you are looking very breathtaking tonight jamila " I said kissing her forehead.

She was looking no less than an angel in the beautiful abaya that she wore, the colour of the abaya complimented her fair complexion which made her look more than gorgeous I just looked how she managed to rock her hijab with every single outfit. I just wish I could keep her just for myself and from the eyes of everyone.

" maybe you should change" I said and she looked at me confused.

" why , don't you like my dressing" she asked

" No its just that you look too beautiful all those men at the event are going yo be looking at you" I said burying my face in her neck and breathing in her soothing scent.

Though she didn't put on perfume, she always has this soft soothing scent that smells like a mixture of like chocolate coffee with a dash of petrichor.

" is somebody jealous" she said with a teasing smile and I just tolled my eyes at her.

" I can't be jealous because this beauty belong to me and me alone " I replied

" whatever helps you sleep at night" she said and I let out a dramatic gasp and she smiled

" come on babe, we don't want to be late" she said about to go out when I pulled her back and locked our lips in a kiss.

She kissed me back with vigour as our hands roamed all over eachother , the way her hands worked their way around my neck and shoulders were driving me crazy and I couldn't help but deepen the kiss more. I moved down to her neck and trailed kisses all over as we both held each other close .

I wa so close to untying her hijab when she stopped me " everyone is waiting for us we are going to be late" she said wiping her lip gloss off my lips.

I groaned and gave her a last kiss on the cheek, her exquisite scent sent me spiraling with desire and I was about to capture her lips again when someone knocked on the door.

" coming" sumayya said stopping me and we both went out .

Everyone piled up in the cars after we all exchanged pleasantries and we proceeded to the event venue.

________________________________________

GENERAL

" The awards of the best collaboration project goes to .........." the announcer said while building up suspense.

Everybody was patiently waiting for the winner to be called, sumayya squeezed ammar's hand ang gave him a reassuring smile while hoping that they would win it.

" Please give it up for Project X as the partners come up to recieve the award" the announcer said and everyone burst out clapping .

Ammar let out a sigh of relief as he heard they had won , he went upstage with bilal and they received the award with naila and her father.

" I'm so proud of you babe" sumayya said kissing his cheek as ammar returned back to his seat with the award which was a glass plaque with gold design with details of the award enscribed on it.

They both also received another award for the best cooperation merger between two companies.

" The awards for the most achieving businessman of the year goes to Mr bilal Naigari , please out your hands together for him as he comes up to receive his award" the announcer said and everyone erupted in cheers as bilal went upstage to recieve his award.

He received the award with a large bouquet of flowers then gave an appreciation speech which was directed to ammar , layla and his family.

Layla was also getting emotional over the phone as she watched her husband recieve his award. She was babysitting eman as she couldn't attend with them.

" finally, time for the most awaited award of the of the year , The award of the best businessman of the year goes to ........." the announcer said pausing before calling out the winner.

" He has done it again, for the second time in a row ,Mr AMMAR SHAGARI !!!" The announcer screamed and the hall filled up in chairs as everyone clapped and hooted, sumayya couldn't help but get emotional as she heard her husband's name.

" Oh my God , I can't believe this, I'm so incredibly proud of you." sumayya said to ammar ,smiling as happy tears threatened to fall.

" I couldn't have done it without you babe" ammar said wiping her eyes with his fingers.

" come on go and recieve your award" sumayya said and he nodded before going upstage.

" Ladies and gentlemen,Tonight, I am deeply honored and humbled to receive the prestigious award for Best Businessman of the Year. I want to express my heartfelt gratitude to bestfriend and partner __ Bilal Naigari.

To my grandfather and mentor , president of shagari groups , my parents and siblings . I couldn't have achieved any of this without your sacrifices and unwavering support which have been the foundation upon which I have built my success. I am grateful for the countless sacrifices you have made along the way,

Last but certainly not least, I want to take this moment to dedicate this award to my beautiful and supportive wife.

Tonight, as the spotlight shines on me, it is only fitting that I share it with the woman who has been my pillar of strength and source of inspiration. Your unwavering love, patience, and understanding have fueled my ambition and propelled me to new heights. I am eternally grateful for your presence in my life and the boundless joy you bring to every moment we share. I love you " ammar said finishing up his speech .

" Yes it's true that I am married. I am happily married to the love of my life, the most amazing and beautiful woman " ammar said , the spotlight was now on sumayya as she clapped happily smiling at ammar amidst all the cheers and hooting.

" you all heard it, business mogul Ammar shagari has been hitched, my condoleneces to all the heartbroken ladies, the man has been taken" the announcer said.

Ammar came back and sat down while they rounded up the rest of the event.

They were almost blinded by flashes of camera as they came out of the hall, everyone tried to take pictures of both of them as ammar carefully guided sumayya along the red carpet to the car .

His hands were resting on the back of his waist while his body slightly from all the camera flashes as they walked to tge car.

________________________________________
longest chapter in a while 💥
It's a wrap , don't forget to vote comment and share
~nana🥰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 772 37
Multiple lapses in judgement lead Fatima into an arranged marriage. But the young girl uses it as an opportunity to find herself and develop meaningf...
66.9K 13.5K 42
A fiction book about two people meant to be, a book about Hammad and Yusrah. Hammad Buba Marwa is a 31-year-old microbiologist and, a handsome, class...
3.7K 323 39
They say opposites attract....! Are they destined to be? Or is it a match made in heaven? Meet Kaltoom Kabir Humaydh and Muhammad Adyan Salman.... T...
205K 18.3K 30
© 2017 All Rights Reserved Eighteen year old Hafsah gets admitted into her dream college to study psychology. There, she meets the arrogant and hand...