Unthinkable

By ashinom123

She didn't mean for this to happen. Maybe it was the venomous thoughts that infiltrated her brain at that... More

Unthinkable // Prologue
Unthinkable ~ Chapter 2
Unthinkable ~ Chapter 3
Unthinkable ~ Chapter 4
Unthinkable ~ Chapter 5
Unthinkable ~ Chapter 6
Unthinkable ~ Chapter 7
Unthinkable ~ Chapter 8
Unthinkable ~ Chapter 9
Unthinkable ~ Chapter 10
Unthinkable ~ Chapter 11
Unthinkable ~ Chapter 12
Unthinkable ~ Chapter 13
Unthinkable ~ Chapter 14
Unthinkable ~ Chapter 15
Unthinkable ~ Chapter 16
Unthinkable ~ Chapter 17
Unthinkable ~ Chapter 18
Unthinkable ~ Chapter 19
Unthinkable ~ Chapter 20

Unthinkable ~ Chapter 1

64 1 2
By ashinom123

My eyes blinked rapidly before slowly opening, the newfound light nearly blinding me. I could barely see and yet even with my blurred vision, I could make out the figure of a woman standing before me, along with a shrill voice exclaiming as soon as my eyelids parted.

"She's awake! Manny's awake!" The woman bounced on her heels, clapping her hands as a flood of people rushed into the room. Several different voices cried out in joy as they watched my grogginess slowly fade away.

"Oh, Manila."

A fairly gruff voice approached me and my head whirled at the sight of all the people around. A young man wrapped his arms around my neck, tears of joy flooding down his cheeks.

"I really thought I lost you."

I didn't say a word for a moment as the visitors each individually hugged me, whispering their prayers and sighing with relief. I recognized many of them; the first young man was my brother, Damien, and the others were close friends and family that I faintly remembered seeing once and a while. Their personalities were a blur to me, though. I smiled at them, my gratitude overflowing that so many people had come.

But, what exactly happened?

"Alright, alright." A doctor walked towards us, shoo-ing the visitors away and facing me, a warm smile creeping onto her features. "I know we're all very glad that Manila is okay, but she needs some rest."

Everyone shuffled out of the room begrudgingly, but I felt relieved to have the room to myself. I just... needed to wrap my head around what happened. The doctor walked over to a clipboard near the foot of my bed, scribbling something down as she bit her lip.

"Um, excuse me?" I asked, tentatively, nearly gasping at the sound of my own voice. It felt different and foreign, like it wasn't mine.

"Yes?"

"Do you mind telling me, err-- how I wound up here?"

The doctor looked up from her clipboard, her brow furrowing as she cocked her head sideways.

"How you wound up here?"

I swallowed thickly. "Yeah. Like, what happened to me?"

The doctor stared at me for a moment, her confused and worried gaze making me shift uncomfortably.

"You don't remember?"

I paused, chewing the inside of my cheek for a moment. "Was... I supposed to?"

The doctor turned back to her clipboard, her expression completely bewildered now, and my own confusion starting to take over my mind. She gestured for me to wait a moment and then scurried out of the room, leaving me in a state of pure perplexity.

Nobody came back for a good ten minutes, and I let the subject go, hoping that someone would shed some light on this later on. With that, I fell asleep, even though I had only been awake from whatever accident for only a couple hours. My mind was too tired.

Plus, I knew that as soon as I got out of this hospital, I'd have to think about reality again, whatever that even was.

I'd rather have my little escape, for now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 808 40
How would you feel if one day you knew you have a rare disease? Would you choose to get through it alone and push away the one you love? The love yo...
67.7K 2.1K 21
In the beginning she was alive, her soul bare for this man, loved him with every fiber of her being. She was willing to give up everything that she h...
3.2K 73 41
Synopsis Phoenix was forced by his grandfather to marry his supposedly childhood sweetheart in order for him to get his inheritance. He badly wants h...
825 75 38
Growing up, young Damien had only himself to blame for the tragedy that tore his whole family apart ... Years later Damien finds himself in a place w...