Mysterious Lotus Casebook [BL...

By author_nidz

"Why did I use this cursed thread spell on you? Damn it!" Fang Duobing grumbled under his breath as he held h... More

Characters
Chapter 1: Li Lianhua Meets Fang Duobing
Chapter 2: The Betrayal
Chapter 3: Case of Tengyun Pavilion
Chapter 4: The Investigation
Chapter 5: Shadow of Doubt
Chapter 6: The murder in Xiaomian Inn
Chapter 7: Fang Duobing heart skipping a beat
Chapter 8: Unveiling the culprit
Chapter 10: The Yipin Tomb
Chapter 11: Li Lianhua meets Di Feisheng
Chapter 12: The Bickering Duo
Chapter 13: The Cursed Wedding Dress
Chapter 14: The Manor's Mystery
Chapter 15: The secret of the lotus pond
Chapter 16: Fang Duobing vs. Di Feisheng
Chapter 17 : The Medicine Demon
Chapter 18: Child Bearing Elixir
Chapter 19: Bonding Over Bicker
Chapter 20: The Shaoshi Sword
Chapter 21: Finding Yu Louchun
Chapter 22: Echoes of Love in the Lotus Tower
Chapter 23: The Fake but Real Kiss
Chapter 24: The Mountain Red
Chapter 25: Fang Duobing- The Wealthy Gentleman
Chapter 26: The Elixir's Price
Chapter 27: Real Identity of Fei Exposed
Chapter 28: Fang Duobing's activated pheromones
Chapter 29: The Haunted Inn
Chapter 30: Li Lianhua Kidnapped
Chapter 31: The Kiss
Chapter 32: Li Xiangyi's identity revealed
Chapter 33: Fang Duobing's first love
Chapter 34: Madam Qin
Chapter 35: Fei kidnaps Fang Duobing
Chapter 36: Jiao Liqiao's real face
Chapter 37: Di Feisheng says he is the father
Chapter 38: The truth behind Li Xiangyi's first love
Chapter 39 : The Birth of the Triplets
Chapter 40: Li Xiangyi weds Qiao Wanmian
Chapter 41: The Secret is revealed
Chapter 42: The End

Chapter 9: Master Zhang's kiss

245 4 2
By author_nidz

The next morning, Fang Duobing wandered around the inn, a plate of the fox spirit's favorite meal in his hand. He wanted to thank the creature for bringing help that saved them all. But as he searched, he couldn't find the fox spirit or Li Lianhua anywhere.

He asked his assistants, but they only knew that Li Lianhua had left earlier and followed after him. They said Li Lianhua headed towards the forest, but they lost sight of him after that.

"Where did he go so early in the morning?" Duobing's thought, "Lets get moving to next city we have another case."

On the other side, 

Li Lianhua made his way to visit his master's grave, seeking solace in the memories of his childhood and the teachings of his beloved mentor.

"Master, I wish you were here now," Li Lianhua whispered softly, as he stood before the grave, he reflected on his journey from a young boy under his master's care to a skilled martial artist.

"Thank you for everything, Master. I'll make you proud," he vowed silently.

He made a solemn promise to his master to find the remains of his senior and give him a proper burial next to the master's grave. "I won't rest until I fulfill my promise to you," he murmured, determination shining in his eyes.

With a heavy heart, he paid his respects and departed, but his thoughts were soon interrupted by the murmurs of gossip he overheard along the way.

"The old tomb, you say? What happened there?" Li Lianhua inquired, intrigued by the villager's tale.

The passerby nodded solemnly. "A few days ago, there was an earthquake, and it opened up the Yipin tomb. They say there's treasure inside, but anyone who dares to venture in never comes back alive."

Li Lianhua's eyes widened with interest. "A treasure, you say? And what of this monster?"

"Some say it guards the tomb, while others believe it's the spirit of those who tried to claim the treasure," the villager explained, his voice tinged with superstition.

"By the way can you tell me is there any black market selling antique's nearby?"

"Wei's Manor." the passerby replied.

"Thank you," Li Lianhua acknowledged with a nod. "Wei's Manor, you say? Is it far from here?"

"Just up the mountain," the man replied, gesturing vaguely in the direction of the towering peak.

Li Lianhua's eyebrows raised with interest. "Sounds intriguing," he remarked, mentally noting the location. As he approached the gate guarded by two imposing figures, Li Lianhua felt a tinge of apprehension. Nonetheless, he squared his shoulders and prepared to enter.

"The rules require a deposit of 100 taels for entry," the guards informed Li Lianhua, their expressions stern.

 "But 100 taels seems a bit steep." He glanced at his wallet and sighed at the meager amount it contained. As he turned to leave, a sudden commotion caught his attention.

An elderly man swiftly approached, his gait steady despite his advanced age. Without a word, he handed over 200 taels to the guards, effectively covering Li Lianhua's deposit. Surprised and grateful, Li Lianhua watched as the man disappeared into the crowd without a second glance.

"Well, that's unexpected," Li Lianhua muttered to himself, a mix of curiosity and suspicion lingering in his mind. With his deposit paid, he proceeded through the gate into the market, determined to uncover the mysteries hidden within.

Li Lianhua proceeded further into the market, where he encountered another gate guarded by two individuals. Showing them the token he had obtained from a dying patient – who happened to be a renowned tomb raider – Li Lianhua was granted entry.

Li Lianhua entered the inn where the tomb raiders had congregated, answering the king's summons. Among them, he noticed a peculiar figure—an individual draped in a worn black and red robe, sporting untidy hair and a hefty mustache. 

Despite his unkempt appearance, there was an undeniable aura of authority surrounding him, and the other raiders regarded him with deference. This was the same person who had generously paid the 100 taels on Li Lianhua's behalf at the entry gate.

As each tomb raider introduced themselves, Li Lianhua listened attentively, taking note of their names and backgrounds. When it was the elder man's turn to speak, he stepped forward with an air of confidence and authority.

"I am known as Master Zhang," the elder man declared, his voice resonating with wisdom and experience. "I have spent a lifetime exploring ancient tombs and uncovering their secrets. Many have sought my guidance in their quest for treasure, and I have never failed to deliver."

Li Lianhua observed Master Zhang closely, sensing the aura of respect that surrounded him. Despite his suspicions about the man's true identity, he maintained his disguise and offered a polite nod of acknowledgement.

Later that night,

As the delicious aroma of the feast filled the air, the king raised his goblet and addressed the gathered tomb raiders. "My esteemed guests, I thank you for joining me tonight. Our purpose here is not only to enjoy this sumptuous meal but also to discuss matters of great importance."

The tomb raiders nodded in agreement, their attention fully focused on the king's words.

The king continued, "As you all know, the Yipin Tomb holds great significance for my family. However, I am willing to make a deal with you. I seek only one specific artifact from the tomb, and in return, you may claim the rest of the treasures for yourselves."

There was a murmur of excitement among the tomb raiders as they eagerly considered the king's offer.

One of the raiders, a burly man with a hearty laugh, raised his glass and exclaimed, "To the king's generosity! May our expedition to the Yipin Tomb be fruitful and prosperous!"

The others joined in, echoing his sentiment as they clinked their glasses together in a toast to the king's proposal.

Master Zhang leaned in close to Li Lianhua, his voice barely a whisper. "Don't drink this wine," he cautioned. Together, they discreetly poured their wine into nearby plants, ensuring that no one noticed their actions.

Meanwhile, the king introduced his nephew, a young boy with a bright smile and eager eyes. "This is my nephew," the king announced proudly. "He is a talented young lad who will assist us in our endeavor to enter the tomb."

However, as the tomb raiders laid eyes on the young boy, they couldn't suppress their laughter. The young boy, undeterred by the ridicule, showcased his prowess by expertly hurling a knife across the room with deadly accuracy. 

"Never underestimate me," the young boy declared, his voice filled with steely determination, as he commanded respect from the tomb raiders who had dismissed him.

"Who do you think you are, boy?" one of the raiders scoffed, his voice dripping with disdain.

The young boy's gaze hardened, his resolve unyielding. "I will not tolerate disrespect. Know your place."

"We should not fight before starting the task," Li Lianhua tried to ease the atmosphere with his kind words, but the young boy dismissed him with a sharp retort. "You mind your own business," he snapped, hurling a fork in Li Lianhua's direction.

Master Zhang's swift reflexes intercepted the airborne fork with effortless grace, catching it between his slender fingers. With a nonchalant gesture, he used the fork to delicately pick up a piece of meat from the table and brought it to his mouth. "Let's eat," he said calmly, diffusing the tension.

Li Lianhua glanced at Master Zhang in awe, marveling at his impeccable skill. "That was—" he began, before pausing momentarily. "A good catch," he finally concluded, offering a respectful nod to him.

"Yes, let's eat," the king interjected, attempting to lighten the atmosphere. After dinner, the effects of the wine began to take hold, and the guests staggered off to their respective rooms to sleep.

Master Zhang and Li Lianhua found themselves sharing a room, much to Li Lianhua's surprise. He couldn't shake the feeling of suspicion, but he decided to quietly accept the arrangement. As they entered the room, they were met with the sight of a single bed.

"How are we going to sleep on this tiny bed?" Li Lianhua wondered, feeling the awkwardness of the situation settle in.

"I'll keep watch. You get some rest," Master Zhang insisted, and despite his reluctance, Li Lianhua eventually acquiesced and secretly tried to stay awake as he was unaware who Master Zhang was really was, but the weariness soon overtook him, and he drifted off to sleep.

The next morning,

Master Zhang slowly opened his eyes to find himself face to face with Li Lianhua, their noses almost touching. In his groggy state, he mistook Li Lianhua's features for those of a beautiful woman and leaned in for a kiss. Li Lianhua, equally drowsy, reciprocated without a second thought, his mind still clouded by sleep.

But as the moment lingers, a sudden impulse overtakes Master Zhang, and he unknowingly bites Li Lianhua's lip. 

"Ouch!" Li Lianhua screams as he feel the sting of the bite and both of them snapped out of their daze, suddenly realizing the reality of the situation. 

They sprang apart from each other, their faces flushing with embarrassment as they hastily wiped their lips and stammered out apologies.

"Sorry! I-I thought you were someone else," Master Zhang muttered, his cheeks turning crimson.

"Me too! I-I mean, I thought..." Li Lianhua bowed, his embarrassment evident. 

"We should go everybody is walking to the hall." Master Zhang said hiding the embarrassment. 

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62 3 6
It's been 5 years since the fall of Zhao Jing's crazed reign, and the relations between fae and mankind are thriving. Wen Kexing and Zhou Zishu are t...
95K 4.3K 28
#1 in Scaredtolove #2 in Demonic After her failed suicide attempt, Lia's life was turned for the worst. She lost everything, from her college funds...
42.1K 1K 54
It all started with her dying and some random ass system coming up to her. --- Counterattacking the female lead Yu Meng: Easy, done, everything is s...
849 2 11
"He's not just hunting us." Colby said. His hands were gripping the sides of my arms. Tears cupped his eyes. "He's ruining our lives." _ _ _ _ Thi...