Never Be The Same - A Charlie...

By fandoms_of_feels

This is a love story of Charlie Spring and Nick Nelson: Charlie Spring is a freshman at Leeds University wher... More

Chapter 1 - Leed's Move In Day
Chapter 2 - Orientation Groups
Chapter 3 - Dinner at the Diner
Chapter 4 - First Day
Chapter 5 - Rugby Oppener
Chapter 6 - Pre-Game Angsts
Chapter 7 - Jealousy
Chapter 8 - Those Bad Thoughts
Chapter 9 - Meeting the Parents
Chapter 10 - The First Move
Chaper 11 - Secrets
Chapter 12 - Monday Blues
Chapter 13 - The First Sleepover
Chapter 14 - Band Jams and Boyfriends
Chapter 15 - Official First Date Jitters
Chapter 16 - Is This Okay?
Chapter 17 - Overwhelming Emotions
Chapter 18 - Being Out
Chapter 19 - I Deserve to be Happy, Right?
Chapter 20 - Little Confessions, Big Steps
Chapter 21 - You're Not Just Our Captain
Chapter 22 - Playing Dirty
Chapter 23 - Dancing Queens
Chapter 25 - Bar Hopping Halloween
Chapter 26 - Getting Comfortable
Chapter 27 - A Sunny Sunday with Friends
Chapter 28 - Those Pesky Words

Chapter 24 - Trying Something New

221 7 1
By fandoms_of_feels

❗️Triggers: Anxiety, Body Dysmorphia, OCD Tendencies, Smut
Charlie's POV

Nick comes back to the table right as I jump off the cushions of the booth. "That was truly spectacular. I don't think I will ever forget that." Darcy says, clapping their hands. "Darcy, shut up. Now." Tao says, his face red from being on the stage, as he comes to sit down at the table. "I need this." He adds, grabbing a random glass on the table and chugging it down.

Nick is last of the group to come back to the group and plops down next to me. "That was horrible and embarrassing." He says laughing. "No, it wasn't! it was awfully enjoyable." I saw, a large grin on my face as I wrap my arm around his shoulder. "Key word there is awful." He sighs. He leans against me in my arm as he rests his head against my shoulder. "I liked it." I whisper near his ear. I can't hear him, but I feel him laugh a little.

"I told you a large group of mates singing ABBA would totally win the crowd." Sai says, placing his hand out. Sahar goes into her satchel on the chair and pulls out her wallet to hand him money. So does Elle and Tara. "I really didn't think we would that get a large crowd of strangers joining us on stage." Isaac remarks and I can't help but laugh. "You know you're in a gay bar, right?" I joke and everyone laughs.

"Let's get one more round of shots and then we can call the cars?" Elle suggests eagerly. "Where are we going to next another bar or just home?" Tori asks, wrapping her arms across her chest. "I think this was a nice little teaser of how tomorrow is going to go for the Halloween parties." Imogen says, clapping her hands happily.

I hold onto Nick's hand tightly before looking at him. "Want to head back to our apartment and then we can all sleep there tonight?" Isaac suggests, smiling brightly between Tao and me. "It is the biggest apartment space compared to everyone else's places." Tao says, tapping his finger against his lip like he's thinking. "Charlie is that okay?" Isaac asks. I smile and shake my head. "It's settled. Let's get going then." Tao says, holding out his hand to pull Elle up from the chairs. Nick wraps lets go of my hand to just wiggle his way to interlock our arms as he gets us up.

"Can we wait outside? It's getting packed in here." Otis asked. "Yeah, the rides should be here in a few minutes." Sahar says before adding, "Also its getting way to hot in here with all these people." Imogen giggles a little before intertwining her hand in Sahar's. "Ready?" Nick asks against my ear. I smile and lean up to kiss his cheek softly. "Yeah, I am."

We all make our way outside and create a little circle on the sidewalk. "Charlie?" Tori says, getting my attention. "What's up?" I say as I switch spots with Nick in our circle. "Is it okay if Micheal and I stay with you too?" I look at her for a second before answering. "Yeah, of course. Why wouldn't you be able to?" I laugh a little which makes her look to the ground and grab her forearm. "Tori," I grab around her elbow and pull her away from the crowd, "What is it?" I ask, trying to stay calm. "I just don't want to intrude on your life and your friends and your college experience." She says flatly before crossing her arms across her chest. "Tori..." I pause to move in and hug her tightly, savoring the moment. "Tori, you never could do that. My friends are your friends. I want you to intrude my life, sometimes I need it even. Us being together again, in a brand new place, away from Mum, it's just what I wanted." She continues to hold me for a few moments before letting go entirely.

"Thanks Charles." She says and punches my shoulder lightly. "Thank you, Tori." I say before nudging my head back to the group. She responds with a simple nod before we walk back to the circle. "Rides are here!" Tara shouts as three cars pull up before skipping with Darcy to one of the cars. I stand next to Nick who looks down at me before place a quick but passionate kiss on my lips. We walk into the car and get in its his flatmates, us going all the way to the third row. The guys are all laughing and singing along to the music on the speaker while I sit next to Nick, resting my head on his shoulder. "That was fun and we get to do it all again tomorrow." Nick says before kissing the top of my head. "But in costumes!" The guys shout and Nick and I can't hold back our laughter.

As we get closer to the apartment, I start to feel my nerves rise. I take a few deep breaths before Nick notices. "You alright?" He asks, lifting my chin to look up at him. "I'm fine." I say which only causes him to look all over my face, his eyes squinting as he tries to read me. "You can tell me when we get back, okay?" He whispers before smiling softly. I just nod my head and lay back against him. He holds my one hand in his while softly drawing across my knuckles. When we get to my apartment, everyone starts to pile out of the cars but I feel like I can't move. I feel frozen to the seat. "Char?" Nick says from the middle row of seats, his hand stretched out. I slowly reach for it and he slowly drags me out of the car.

He takes my hand as we walk up the staircase last. We don't say anything and when we get to my door, while everyone else is already inside the apartment, I freeze at the doorframe. "Char, are you okay?" Nick asks, his face filling with concern. "It's nothing. I'm fine." I say a little too quickly. "How about we go right to your room?" He asks softly and immediately I unconsciously take a step back from my door. "Char, I can't help if you won't tell me what's wrong." He says as he reaches for both of my hands. I feel my hands start to sweat so I quickly wipe them on my jeans. "I-I.. it's jus-st... Um, well you see." I say and I can tell my tone is starting to sound panicked.

Nick takes a step to me, placing his hands on my shoulders softly. "Is it about what we said on the dance floor about when we come back here?" I just look at him. "It is... isn't it?" He asks. Again, I just look at him and this time I nod my head slowly. "I'm not trying to pressure you into anything. I wouldn't want to make you uncomfortable... like I am now." He says, trying to hide the defeat from his voice. I start to shake my head quickly before grabbing his arms to stop him from crossing his arms to rub his biceps, his nervous habit. My hands slide down his arms before I grab onto his hands, stepping closer to him.

"I just haven't... you know? Do that like all the way and thats make me nervous. And then I just... never mind. Just forget it." I say, rushed. He looks at me for a second before stepping quickly to me, pulling me into tight embrace. He rests his face in the crook of my neck and I lay my head against his softly. "Tell me now. Like this." He whispers, almost inaudible. I take a deep breath before saying anything. "I just don't want you to be grossed out when you see me." With my words, he holds possibly the tightest he's ever hugged me. "I see you all the time, Charlie." He says flatly. I shake my head before nuzzling my face into his chest. "I know but I meant... I mean,.. I mean without my shirt on." I struggle to get the words out. I feel him move his one hands into my hair, his fingers grabbing in the curls.

"Char,  of course you can keep your shirt on and we also don't have to do anything until we both are ready." He emphasizes. I take a deep breath again before turning my head to listen to his heartbeat. We stay like this for a few moments. Him calmingly playing with my hair while I rub small circles on the middle of his back. "Why don't we go inside? We can sleep with everyone in the common room." I take a step back, him still within arms length, his hands now on my shoulders. I give a small, genuine small before I nod my head. He takes my hand before we walk through my front door. I shut the door behind us, locking the door. I place my keys on the table by the door before I stop just shy of the common room.

I turn around and open the door again and lock it once I close it. When I turn back around, Nick looks at me with a big smile on his face. He quickly comes towards me before scooping me in his arms. I can't help but laugh. "What are you doing?" I say while laughing. "Taking you our friends." He starts to walk and when he does, I kiss him all over his face. "You're very distracting, I could just-" He stops walking to just almost drop me, which makes me wrap my arms around his shoulders more. "Drop you." He finishes before laughing. "Alright fine." I whisper before kissing his lips quickly. When I open my eyes, I can't help but get lost in Nick's eyes. Being this close I can see the various shade of brown in his eyes.

"There you are!" Tara shouts when we come in the room, everyone laughing together. "We were just making plans for tomorrow." Darcy says while flipping over on the air mattress she is sharing with Tara. "Yeah, so if anyone is hungover we are going to the diner for breakfast but if we aren't, we are thinking of getting bottomless mimosas at a café I found just ten minutes from campus." Imogen says before throwing her blanket over her body and turning over to lay on her side. Sahar leans down and kisses her forehead before looking back at us. "Sound like a plan to you guys?" She asks and I turn to look at Nick who grins. Without looking back at her he says, "That sounds good to us." Sai, Otis, and Christian clap softly before flopping on their air mattress or air mattress. We wave at everyone before we walk to my bedroom.

I am about to say goodnight to Tao when I hear Elle giggling behind the door. Nick guides me into my bedroom before shutting the behind him. I go through my dresser drawers before pulling out a shirt and shorts for Nick. When I stand up, I feel Nick behind me. When I turn around, he's right in front of me. "Hi." He whispers. "Hi." I whisper back, a grin on my face. I hand him his clothes and he smiles at me. "I really like how I have clothes here now." He laughs which makes me giggle. "It's very convenient." I say before going through a different drawer to get my pajama set. I hold the clothes close to my chest. "I'll get changed in the bathroom, let me know when I can come out. Okay?" He asks and I nod my head. He kisses my cheek before heading into the bathroom. I quickly change out of my bar clothes and into my pajama set.

I fold my clothes and put them in my dirty bin. I take my converse and put them back in my closet, right where they belong, before saying Nick can come out. Maybe a minute later, Nick comes out. He folds his clothes and places them on the top of the dresser. I smile, grateful that he gets me, before nudging my head to the bed. He walks to turn the lights off before meeting me at the bed. My curtains are closed but there is some moonlight coming in from the edges of the window. I can feel his breath on me while he stands in front of me. "Ready for bed?" He asks, giggling a little. I wait a few seconds, as my eyes adjust to the dark before answering. I still can barely see anything, it's too dark to see details. Everything is a little blurry.

"Maybe we can finish what we started before. Not all the way, uh, you know? Just a little more than..." I trail off, my nerves getting the best of me right now. Instead of him saying anything, I feel his arms wrap around my waist as he pulls me close to him. He leaves a trail of kisses as he makes his way from my cheek to my lips. I slide my hands from his chest until my one hand is on his bicep and the other is wrapped in his hair. He immediately sighs against my lips which causes me to smile against his lips. His hands quickly move from my hips and under my shirt, his nails pressing lightly into my skin. He pulls back. "Is that okay?" He says, his breathing a little heavy. I don't verbally respond.

I move my hands to be on top of his, guiding them from around my back to my front. I keep my hands going until they are under the front of my shirt. I can feel him catch his breath, his hands gripping to mine. "Char, it's-" I cut him off with a fierce and hard kiss. I slide his hands up my shirt until he pulls it over my head and arms. I am about to kiss him again when he takes my hands and places them on his lower abdomen. He has abs... ripped abs.

He guides my hands slightly up, just enough for me to take his shirt off all the way. We can't see each other, but we can certainly feel each other. Our warmth. Our breath against our skins. When I throw his shirt on the floor, he immediately wraps his arms around me. His hands sliding up my back as he pulls me to him. A small gasp escapes my lips when our bare skin touch, almost electrifying me. He laughs against my lips. He pulls back and moves his lips to my neck. I naturally press my waist closer to his. Our bulges growing.

He makes his way up my neck and when he gets to the spot between my jaw and ear, I can't help but moan. I press my nails of my one hand into his back as the other slides up his chest until the other weave through his hair. He lets out a large sigh in my ear and I get goosebumps through my whole body. I slide the hand thats in his hair to his cheek, moving him to crash my lips to his. I feel him bend down slightly, his hands wrapping around my thighs to pick me up in his arms. I wrap my legs tightly around his waist. His lips never break mine as he sits down on the edge of the bed, my knees resting on the bed as I straddle his hips. His hands move from under my thighs to moving behind my back. His arms press against my lower back, pushing me slightly up to grind my hips into his.

I climb off his lap and try to grab him onto the bed but I completely miss his arm or shoulder. All you hear is my hand roughing up the blanket. This causes both of us to laugh. I feel the bed shift until Nick climbs to me but his bumps into my head with a clunk. "Why are we like this?" We both say in sync which just causes us to giggle. Finally Nick finds my body and climbs on top of me. I feel his breath against the skin of my chest before I feel his lips lightly press into the middle of chest. He slowly makes his way up, each kiss pressing more and more into my skin. When his lips make their way to my neck, my hips buck up and a small moans escapes my lips. I lift my legs and wrap them around him before pulling him down so all of his weight is on me. I feel his one hand move from above my head, grabbing my hand, pulling it above my head. I intertwine our fingers together while my other hand moves to his waist.

I push against him as I roll him on his back, with me now in control. Without kissing him, I take the hand thats not intertwined with his above his head now slide it down the front of his chest slowly. I can feel Nick's hips slowly circling under me as he's fighting the urge he has to lift his hips. I make my way to the front hem of his shorts and I hear a small gasp as his hips buck against mine. "Is this okay?" I ask. "Yes, it feels really good." He breathes out. I move my hand a little more down until my hand is fully over his erection. I lightly slide my hand up, adding a little pressure which causes him to let out a sigh. "Is this okay?" I ask again as I feel my fingers brush the tip through his shorts. He doesn't say anything.

I get nervous that I pushed too far so I sit straight up, about to swing my legs over his hips to completely get off of him but he stops me. "Wait!" He huffs out. I feel him moving his hands all over. His hand lands on my bulge to which I let out a surprised gasp and I feel my hips press down. "Char, put your hand on my chest. I can't find it." He says and I do what I am told. He takes my hand and slides it down until I feel the top of his shorts. "If you want, you can take them off." He whispers nervously. My heart skips a beat. In a matter of seconds, I slowly hop off his lap and take both of my hands to take off his shorts and boxers. I feel his hand on my thigh before he pulls me back on his lap.

"Chest." Is all he says, shakily mind you. So, I place my hand on his chest and he takes my hand and guides me down until I am actually holding onto him. I move my hand up and down a few times and with each movement, small moans escape his mouth. While I keep moving, I lean down to kiss my way up his body from his chest to his neck. When I am about to kiss his lips, I slowly sit back up and stop moving my hand with him. "Can I take off mine too?"I ask, my voice shaking a little. "I would very much so like that if you are comfortable." He whispers. I climb off of him and lay flat next to him, I am about to pull my pants down when I feel the bed shift. "Can I?" He asks almost nervously. I move my hands and find his easier than he did. I guide them to my waist where he quickly slips them off my legs.

He climbs on me and I can feel his erection against my stomach. He places his hand on the side of my hip. "Can I try?" He asks so innocently. "Yes please." I whisper, giggling a little. He moves his hand from my hip and slowly to my erection, where he takes me in his hands. A take a long breath in as his hand moves up and down me. I feel the bed shift until I feel Nick's lips on the corner of my mouth. I move my hand quickly and wrap it through his hair as I pull his face to mine, crashing our lips together. His hand starts to move a little faster which causes my hips to buck into his. I take my free hand and my it to the space between us until I am holding his full erection in my hand. I move my hand in sync with how fast he is moving his hand. Our kisses start to become sloppy until I accidentally brush my tongue against his. I am about to move his face from mine with my hand thats running through his hair, but instead he lets out a louder than intended moan into my mouth.

"Char." He breathes. "Nick." I moan against his lips. Our tongues explores each other's mouth for a few moments before our breathing quickens. We both move our hands quicker until we both begin to climax. I can feel him finishing  in my hand as his forehead rests against mine. "Char." "Nick." We moan once we completely finish. I can feel the warm sensation on my chest and upper stomach  from him and I. We let go of each other but he doesn't climb off of me and nor do I want him to. We both just want to take this all in. I move my hands to the side of his waist while I feel his one hand moves from next to my hip and slides up my my ribs until he reaches my shoulders. He then moves from my shoulder to cup my face in his hand. I lean against it while he brushes his thumb against my cheekbone.

The bed shifts and I feel his lips lightly press against mine. When he pulls back his breathing starts to even out. "That was..." He starts to say but I can hear him stumbling to find the words. "Bad? Good? Okay?" I ask, nervously. He stops brushing my cheekbone with his thumb. "Char that was everything and more than I expected. It was amazing and fun and almost unimaginable." He says happily and I can't help but smile. "Was it not good for you?" His tone shifts. I sit up slightly on my elbows. "Nick, that was the best feeling I have ever had. You were amazing." I say confidently. He giggles a little before he starts to brush my cheek again.

"I need to go to the bathroom to clean up." I laugh. "Oh, OH! You go, I will find our clothes." He says before he climbs off me. He hops out of the bed and I slide out, slowly making my way to the bathroom. I find the door handle a with in a few door pats and walk inside before shutting the door behind me. I feel around the wall right by the door to find the towel hanger. I finally fell a bath towel and wipe my entire front. I through the towel in the bathtub before I wash my hands. I feel next to the sink and find the hand towel. I then open the door and slowly walk towards my bed. "Here you go." He says happily, his hand and my clothes pressing against my shoulder. I take it from him. "I am going to the bathroom now." He giggles. A few minutes later he comes out of the bathroom and turns the lights on, dimming them immediately.

"Oh Char." He whispers as he comes over to the bed and picks me up in his arms, his hands wrapping around my thighs. I wrap my arms behind his neck and lean my head against his. We stand like this for a few seconds before he places me down on the ground. "Are we good for bed?" He asks me. He cups my face in his hand before kissing my lips softly. "Yeah. That sounds good to me." I say and kiss him one more time. I climb into bed and he walks to turn the light off before coming into the bed with me. I lay on my left side while he lays on his right. We embrace each other as we get comfortable under the blankets.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 91 28
Charlie's out, nick isn't. A sixth form school trip brings a lot of drama and stares some hidden feelings, things quickly go downhill. Is it too late...
62.1K 954 33
this takes place around 5 years after Charlie graduates from university. some smut, All right to the characters go to Alice Oseman!!
54.9K 890 62
Charlie's not long turned 18, and he promised Nick ages ago that they'd go together for his first time clubbing. Always over-cautious when it comes t...
6.6K 84 19
TRIGGER WARNING! Self harm, suicide, eating disorder, homophobic, biphobic, transphobic, trauma THIS IS A NICK AND CHARLIE STORY... I know I said it'...