Reason of my smile

By loner_246

Shreyansh close his eyes and his mind still thinking about her voice. Thinking about why I become restless w... More

Author's notes
Main characters
Family members
chapter 1 - Intro of Shree'life
chapter 2 - Intro of Shreyansh' life
Chapter 3 - Her ' Supporter
Chapter 4- His anger
Chapter 5- Malhotra House
Chapter 6 - Their bond
Chapter 7 - Melting voice
Chapter 8 - Thinking about her
Chapter 9 - Video call
Chapter 10 - Back to India
Chapter 11 - Proposed
Chapter 12 - Her first glimpse
Chapter 13 - Surprise to family
Chapter 14 - lieing to family
Chapter 15 - First meet
Chapter 16 - Her breakdown and invitation
Chapter 17 - Breakfast
Chapter 18 - Arrangement
Chapter 19 - Party
Chapter 20 - Shocked
Chapter 21 - Dance and conversation
Chapter 22 - Her Crying
Chapter 23 - His Jaan
Chapter 24 - Home and argue
Chapter 25 - Discussion
Chapter 26 - Family
chapter 27 - Morning
chapter 28 - phone call
chapter 29 - meeting her
chapter 30 - Cooking together
chapter 31 - Surprise for her
Chapter 32 - be happy together
Chapter 33 - Sunset
chapter 34 - Boyfriend
Chapter 35 - Ice Cream
Chapter 36 - Hug + Family drama
Chapter 37 - Good morning
Chapter 38 - Move on
Chapter 39 - I LOVE HER
Chapter 40 - Date on call
Chapter 41 - Emergency
Announcement
Chapter 42 - Promise
Chapter 43 - He kept his promise.
Chapter 45 - Engagement
Chapter 46 - Feelings
Chapter 47 - Gift

Chapter 44 - Flashback

391 30 4
By loner_246

Welcome friends
New update

If you like the story then please vote, comment and share
It's the longest chapter, I've written; it's 4k+ words.
Follow me on Instagram and stck.me
Instagram account - loner_246
Link in bio 🔗

Glimpse of Chapter 45

"Why ? I am speaking with a girl. Are you feeling jealous?"

"No, I am not feeling jealous. I am just asking you, nothing else. "

______________

I have updated chapter 45 on Scrollstack. If you want to read, then you can check out my Scrollstack account.
Link in bio

Enjoy your reading.

______________________________________

Chapter 44- Flashback

Shree had her eyes fixed down at floor as she made her way into the living room with her aunt.

Suddenly, she recognized the voice and was shocked and taken aback when she looked up.

"Ansh" was the word she whispered.

Flashback

It was that night when Ajay and Shreyansh were going home.

In car

"Shreyansh, Tum ne  kuch socha hai ? Ab kya karne wale ho?" Ajay questioned him while driving.

("Shreyansh, have you thought of anything?  What are you going to do now?")

"Shree ki engagement kal hogi par... kisi aur ke sath. "he replied while looking straight at him

("Shree's engagement will happen tomorrow but... with someone else.")

"Don't tell me, you are going to do the engagement with Shree tomorrow," he said casually. He knows that Shreyansh love Shree, but doing an engagement is too early for him and also for her.

Shreyansh simply gave a nod of approval.

"I mean, are you really serious?" He questioned him. 

He answered right away, "Yes, I am serious." 

Instantly, Ajay stopped the car, turned to face him, and inquired, "Since I know you love Shree, but doing an engagement with her is too early for her and you as well, will Shree agree to this engagement?"

"I will never force her to choose me. If she doesn't want it, then it's never going to happen. That's it."

With a stressed look, Shreyansh spoke.

" Usse bhi pahle hame family ko batana hoga."

("Even before that we will have to inform the family.")

Upon hearing him Ajay simply smiles, knowing that his family will all be on board.

"Shree ka to pata nahin, par family  to maan hi jayegi." Ajay said with smile.

("I don't know about Shree, but the family will definitely agree.")

When they finally arrive at the Malhotra house after an hour's drive, they see that the entire family is waiting for them.

"Mom ,Why didn't you sleep? "He question his mother while giving side hug

"What occurred, Shreyansh? I can tell something unpleasant happened by the look of grief on your face." Rajshree, his mother, questioned him.

"You left without saying anything. We were worried. "His aunt said

"Please calm down, mom and aunt. I'll let everyone know about that."

He then proceeds to tell them the entire story of what happened at Naina's  apartment.

"Are you telling the truth, brother? How could her own family treat her like this?" Rajveer, his younger brother, inquired.

"Everytime we meet, Shree Di always has a smile on her face, brother. She never informed me that her family was treating  this way, so I was unaware of it." With tears welling up in her eyes, his sister Navya remarked as much.

"Ham usse itna comfortable feel hi nahin karva paye ki vah hamare sath uski feeling share kar sake.We failed as friends, bhai," his brother said.

("We could not make her feel comfortable enough to share his feelings with us.")

"Shreyansh beta, hum shree ko Apne Ghar lekar aate Hain. mein usse baat karungi ,vah meri baat nahin  talegi." His mother said sadly with tears in her eyes

("Shreyansh beta, we bring Shree to our home.  I will talk to her, she will not ignore my words.")

"Par Rajshree Di, agar shree ko hamen batana hota, vah hamen pahle hi Bata chuki hoti , aur Rahi baat use hamare ghar laane ki to, kya maan jayegi." His aunty said with concern.

("But Rajshree Di, if Shree had to tell us, she would have told us already, and as far as bringing her to our house is concerned, will she agree?")

"Mom, aunty Sahi kah rahi hai. uske liye Maine kuchh socha hai. "

("Mom, aunty is right.  I have thought of something for that.")

"what have you thought? Shreyansh ," his dad, questioned him

"I know this is very sudden for you all, but I am going to marry Shree."

"Ha bhai aap shree se shaadi kar lo  but the main point is... " then realization hit him

("Yes brother you marry shree but the main point is... then realization hit him")

"Whattt????" His brother said in shock.

"Sachi bhaiya , aap shree di se shaadi kar rahe ho. "his sister Navya Said in excitement

("Really brother, you are marrying shree di.")

He simply nodded affirmatively and smiled at his sister, who was clearly excited.

"Par beta,  agar shree ne .. Maana Kiya to." His uncle said in confusion.

("But son, if Shree ..refuses then.)

"Ha beta" his aunty said agreeing with his uncle.
("Yes son")

"Mujhe nahin pata Shree ka faisla kya hoga but I will always protect her with every  bad thing going to  happen to her."

("I don't know what Shree's decision will be, but I will always protect her from every bad thing that happens to her.")

Then Shreyansh saw that his mom and dad were silently seeing him but not saying him.

Then he walks over to his mother, kneel down in front of her, and says, "Why aren't you saying or asking me?"

"And you, dad, don't ask too? Is there something I'm not doing right?"

"Ab mein tumhen kya hi bolun tumne aapni life ka sabse best decision liya hai." his mother said in  smiling face

("Now what can I tell you, you have taken the best decision in your life." his mother said in smiling face)

"But mujhe chinta is baat ki hai ki Shree ish Shaadi karne se Maana Kiya to."

("But what worries me is that if Shree refuses to marry you.")

"To aapko koi.. problem nahi hai na."

("You don't have any ... problem.")

"Hame koi problem kyu hogi jab tum itni achchi ladki se shaadi kar rahe ho."

( "Why should we have any problem when you are marrying such a nice girl.")

"Ha, hame koi problem nahi hai shreyansh beta." his aunty said with happiness

(" Yes, we have no problem Shreyansh beta." his aunty said with happiness)

He turned to face everyone and found that they were all happy with the decision he had made.

"Shree's engagement is tomorrow, how will you stop the engagement," his father asked

"Vah sab aap mujh per chhod dijiye dad, mom aap meri aur Shree ki engagement ki taiyari kijiye vah kal hi hogi and marriage ek hafte bad."

("Dad, you leave all that to me, mother, you prepare for the engagement of me and Shree. It will happen tomorrow itself and marriage after a week.")

"Shreyansh, engagement ki taiyari to kar lenge par, shaadi itni jaldi ek hafte bad."

("Shreyansh, we will prepare for the engagement but the marriage will happen so soon, after a week.")

"Mom, her aunty's hand imprinted marks on Shree's hand and face, which you did not see. I am against Shree staying there. It would be safer for her if she arrived here sooner."

"Theek hai fir to kal ham engagement kar lenge aur pandit ji se baat karke agale hafte ka Shubh muhurt nikal wate hai."

("Okay, then we will do engaged tomorrow and after talking to Pandit ji, we will get the auspicious time for next week.")

"Ok mom."

"Aap sab so jao ,bahut Raat Ho gai hai."
(You all go to sleep, it's too late.)

Everyone nodded in positively and goes towards their respective room.

"Brother, I'm extremely happy for you. At last, you are going to marry Shree Di, who is my best friend. "She gave him a hug, as she said and left for her room.

"I am also very happy for you, brother," his brother said while hugging him.

He just nodded.

"Rajveer and Ajay you both come with me study room office I have to something work for you."

After that, they go towards his study room office.

In study room

"Veer, Tum Na  ladke ki detail nikaalo aur usse is engagement se back off karne ko kaho, use jitne bhi paise dene pade do par ,I dont want that guy near Shree aur her house tomorrow,ok."

("Veer, you get the details of the boy and ask him to back off from his engagement, use whatever money you have to pay, I don't want that guy near Shree and her house tomorrow, ok.")

"Ok Bhai ,ho jaye ga."

(Ok brother, it will be done.)

Then he leave study room.

"Ajay ,Shree ke uncle ke sath kal ek meeting fix karvao."

("Ajay, fix a meeting with Shree's uncle tomorrow.")

"Okay Shreyansh ,but what is your plan?" he asked him in confusion

"Kal uske samne ek offer rakhe ge, ki ham uski company  me invest karna chahte hai, aur uske ke badle  shree ke sath shaadi."

("Tomorrow we will offer him made, that we want to invest in his company, and in exchange marriage with Shree.")

"But Shreyansh Shree Ko jab pata chalega ki tumne Aisa Kiya hai. vah hurt hogi na."

("But Shreyansh, when Shree will come to know that you have done this.  She will be sad.")

"Mujhe pata hai Shree hurt hogi , agar mein uske uncle se kahungi ki mein shree se pyar Karta Hun shaadi karna chahta hun, to vah manenge. nahi na, aur  Shree Ko mein yah sab bata dunga Sahi samay par. tum chinta mat karo."

("I know that Shree will be hurt. if I tell his uncle that I love Shree and want to get married her.he will listen, No. He will not. and I will tell shree all this at the right time.   You don't worry.")

"Ok. Then I will leave, but you make sure that you tell her everything."

"Hmm."

After Ajay leaves the study room,he starts staring at his and Shree photos on his phone, which he made as wallpaper.

He didn't realize that his father was standing near him. He is more into his staring session.

When his father put his hand on his shoulder, he learned about his presence.

"Dad, Are you still awake?" He asked his father while he turned off his phone immediately when he realized his presence. But his father has already seen it.

"Yes, I want to ask you something. "He replied

"Ha  ,baithiye na. kya puchna tha aapko?"

("Yes, please sit. What did you want to ask?")

His father sits beside him.

After passing some time sitting next to him, his father asked him

"Are you sure about your marriage decision with Shree?"

"Yes, dad, Shree is literally my last hope in love. If something happens to her, then I'm done. I can't love someone after her. and dad, I want to move on from my past." He replied to his father; he was feeling a little emotional telling this to his father.

"I just want you to be sure about your decision. I don't want you or Shree to regret this decision in future. I am happy that you are moving on from your past. "

"Vaise photo bohot achchi hai. Good night son."

("By the way, the photo is very good.")

His father advised him in a playful manner, and his father left the study area right away.

"Good night, dad, "he said while blushing. 

He again looked at his and her photos. I promise that tomorrow you will be smiling like the way you smiling in the photo. 

Next day

When Shreyansh was getting dressed in the morning, he assumed Shree would be up by now. So he typed her a message.

"Good morning."

"Did you have your breakfast?"

"Had you good night's sleep?"

He thought that she sees my messages but does not reply me.
He immediately type another message.

"why you hadn't replied. Is there a problem?"

Again she is seeing my message but not replying me, I should have called her then he called her immediately.  He thought

"Hello, Shree kuch hua hai kya vahan? tum mere message ka reply kyon nahin de rahi ho? hello?... hello Shree? .. Shree, Are you there?"

("Hello, Shree, has something happened there? Why are you not replying to my message? Hello?... Hello Shree? .. Shree, are you there?")

"Hello ,ansh, mein yah soch rahi hun ki tum itne bade businessman kaise ban Gaye ? "

("Hello Ansh, I am wondering how you became such a big businessman?")

"Kyu?"

("Why?)

"Tum mein patience level Kitna kam hai main tumhen reply kar ne vali thi ki tumne call kar diya."

("How low is your patience level? I was about to reply to you when you called.")

If it makes her happy, I'm willing to do such a silly behavior. It makes me pleased that I can make her laugh.

However, I became terrified and assumed something had happened to her when she didn't reply to me.

"Mein to dar gaya tha.. mujhe laga kuchh ho gaya hai..... tumhen."

("I was scared... I thought something had happened... to you.")

"Vah to main breakfast kar rahi thi na  isiliye message type nahin kar Pai jaldi se."

("I was having breakfast, that's why I couldn't type the message quickly.")

"So you are having your breakfast?"

"Tumne Kiya breakfast?"

("Did you have breakfast?")

"Bas abhi niche jaane wala hun breakfast karne."

("Just going down to have breakfast.")

"Achcha!!"

("Good!!")

After that there was a silence between the two of them,  they were not saying a word but  they were sharing very comfortable silence with each other.

Shree must be worried about what might occur this evening, which is why she remains silent.

Shreyansh eventually broke the ice and addressed her

"Shree??"

"Hmm.."

"Shree, I ensure that I'll keep my promise, so don't worry about anything."

All she could say was "Hmm" in response.

"Bye, see you soon."

"Bye."

I know you will be shocked when you come to know about this engagement.

He walked downstairs to the dining room to have breakfast with the family after speaking with her on the phone.

When he came downstairs, he noticed the entire family seated at the dining table for breakfast.Breakfast was served to everyone by his mother and aunt.

Mom requested him, "Shreyansh son, you should bring the engagement ring. We will make all the other preparations," while everyone was eating breakfast.

"Ok mom." He replied

He finished his breakfast and said to his brother" Rajveer, Come with us."

His brother nodded in positively.

"How would you convince Shree's uncle of your engagement?" His uncle questioned him.

He replied that "we were heading to his company to look for the same work. The engagement will be approved by Shree's uncle."

With that, Shreyansh, Ajay, and Rajveer departed to go to Shree's uncle's company. The car was being driven by Ajay, with Rajveer occupying the back seat and Shreyansh sitting in the passenger seat.

Then Rajveer inquired. "The work you allocated has been completed, brother; up until now, the boy would have turned down Shree's uncle. But why are we visiting the company of Shree's uncle? Brother, what's your plan?"

Then Shreyansh tells him why we are going there and what his plan is. 

his brother Immediately said him, "bhai aapko pata bhi hai, aap kya bol rahe ho, yah sab jab, Shree ko  ish bare mein pata chalega to vah kitni dukhi hogi . aap yah sab pahle Shree ko bata do agar, kisi aur se usse pata chala to vah aur dukhi hogi. "

("Brother, have you even know ,what are you saying all this time, Shree would have found out just in case, how sad she must be.  You should tell Shree all this first, if you find out about it from someone else then she will be more sad.")

Ajay says" I also told him earlier that you should talk to shree first but he says that he will tell her at the right time."

At Sharma company

Shree's uncle was furious with everyone since the investor who was going to put money into his company declined to do so, the engagement that was meant to take place—that dumb boy—refused to do ,and the associated money gone as well.

He informed his wife all of this over the phone, and in a fit of rage, she contacted Shree and ordered that she return home as soon as possible.

A short while after, his secretary frightenedly entered his cabin and stated, "You have a meeting with Shreyansh Malhotra today after some time."

When he found out that Shreyansh Malhotra was coming for a meeting with our company, he began to wonder why the man had come here. Shreyansh Malhotra is the richest and number one businessman in India.

Once again, his secretary entered his cabin to inform him that Shreyansh Malhotra had arrived and would soon be there.

Shreyansh strides confidently down the corridor of the company, exuding an air of authority. His presence is enough to tell people that the air has changed. With each step, the click of polished shoes echoes against the marble floors, commanding attention from passersby. His expressions are like that; no one can understand what he is thinking. 

Walking behind Shreyansh with an intimidating aura are Ajay and Rajveer.
They arrived at Shree's uncle's cabin and went straight inside.

At cabin

Shree's uncle immediately forwarded his hand to handshake when they entered his cabin and said " So nice to meet you, Mr. Malhotra."

In reply, Shreyansh said, "I wish I could also say this to you, Mr. Sharma. Anyway, let's not become enemies when we are meeting with each other for the first time. Nice to see you, Mr. Sharma."

When I see him, I turn so furious that I think about killing him. Yesterday, Shree cried because of him, but I have to control my anger until my work is over.

Mr. Sharma shook his head, indicating that he should sit down. Shreyansh did nothing except sit on an empty chair with Rajveer and Ajay standing behind him. Mr. Sharma retains his position as well; he is standing 

With authority, he said, "when I'm heading towards your cabin." At that point, I had heard that your investor had declined to give money to your company.I am willing to invest in your company, but I have one condition.

Once Mr. Sharma heard this, he smiled and inquired about your condition.

Answering his question, Ajay said that no one should know about this deal that we are investing in your company and the second condition is that..

By lifting his hand, Shreyansh interrupted him in the midst.

"The second condition is that I want to marry your niece, Shree." 

"But how do you know her?" Mr. Sharma asked him in confusion.

"Mr Sharma If you don't want it, then I am leaving right now," saying that he was going to get up from the chair,

but Mr. Sharma immediately said, "No,no , I am not saying that."

"Okay, then today evening we will do engagement at your house and next week marriage."

"Okay okay Mr. Malhotra, "Happy to say so, Mr. Sharma said.

"Could we have lunch at a  restaurant, Mr. Sharma asks again, if that's okay? In order to celebrate this deal."

"No, Mr. Sharma. We have a ton of work scheduled, so tomorrow we'll sign an investment paper. See you at your house Mr. Sharma" stating that Shreyansh has left his place and begun to leave the cabin.

In car

"Agar mein vahan ek aur second bhi rukta Na to pata nahin mein uske sath kya karta.How could he do this to her?" Shreyansh said with so much anger

("If I had stayed there even for one more second, I don't know what I would have done to him.")

"Brother, please calm down. " While offering him water, Rajveer said, "Please drink this water and calm down. We need to buy an engagement ring as well."

"Hmm. " he replied and drink some water.

"Shreyansh tu Shree ko is Deal ke bare mein Bata dena chahie pahle okay." Ajay Said him with concern

"Shreyansh, you should tell shree about this deal first."

"Hmm , I'll let her know about this when the time is appropriate. " Shreyansh remarked as he was considering things.

They next visit an jewelry shop, where Shreyansh selects the rings for his and Shree's engagement as well as a surprise for her.

Upon purchasing rings, they head straight to Malhotra House, arriving at 2:00 p.m.

Upon entering the living room, he noticed that her mother and aunt were getting Shagun ready for Shree."You've all returned home," his mother asked spotting them entering."Come have lunch after fresh up."

"This shagun is ready; you can see it once and let me know if you want to add anything to it," his mother informed him.

"No, mom, everything is beautiful and perfect. and I'm not thinking about adding anything else to it." He smiled softly in response.

"Bhai ,thodi apna surprise gift Shagun mein rakhenge , vah to Shree ko akele mein hi denge. Hamare bhaiya romantic bante ja rahe hain." He whispered

("Brother, why he will keep his surprise gift in Shagun, he will give it to Shree  privately.  Our brother is becoming romantic.")

When Rajveer thought no one was paying attention, his words were heard by all.

Subsequently, he turns to face Shreyansh, absorbing in his experience, and then turns to face everyone else. Realizing that everyone has heard him, he wonders, "Why are you all staring at me like I said something wrong?"

"What did you say? With a scowl," Shreyansh questioned.

"Nothing, bro. I said nothing. "He turned his back on him and replied.

As he started running in the living room, Shreyansh also began to run.

"Tu ruk abhi mein dekhta hu, what did you say?" 

 ("You wait, I'll show you , what did you say?")

"No, brother, I am sorry. Sorry, brother."

Other family members entered the living area upon hearing their yelling.

Shreyansh's broad smile and his gradual change to a normal man, teasing and fighting with his brothers on petty issues, make the entire family happy about it.

They had lunch after refreshing up, after running and getting beaten by his brother.

In shreyansh bedroom

He is getting ready for the engagement and is thinking about Shree's reaction and what she will choose. Will she say yes to this engagement or not? 

While he was thinking, his mother came into his room, but he didn't realize it.

" Shreyansh "

"Mom ,aap?"

("Mom,you?")

"Kya soch rahe ho, beta?"
"shree ka kya  jawab hoga. Tum chinta mat karo,  bhagwan ji sab sahi karge ok."

("What are you thinking, beta?"

"What will be Shree's reply? Don't worry, God will make everything right.")

"Hmm ," he replied

Flashback end

At Sharma house

Her uncle is giving orders to servants.

"Jaldi se yeh sab pahle le jaao vo logo aate hi hoge." 

("Quickly take all this first, those people will be arriving soon.")

That's when he heard the car horn and knew that they were here.

He immediately went out with his family after informing them that they were here.
He welcomed them. 

Everyone settled on the sofa in the living room, and his mother gave him a gift and said, "These are gifts for your family."

"Iski kya jarurat thi ,Mrs Malhotra." mister Sharma replied While taking a gift and giving it to his wife, he told her that " Tum jakar Shree ko lekar aao." his wife noded in positively

("What was the need for this, Mrs Malhotra.")
("You go and bring Shree.")

"Rishta judne ja raha hai isliye to gift leke aaye Hain,  nahin to..." Shreyansh replied to Mr. Sharma with sarcasm.

("The relationship is about to start that's why we have brought the gift, otherwise...")

Mr. Sharma ignores his word because it is not affecting him because, with this relationship, he is getting money, so he keeps quiet after hearing him.

"Shree thodi der mein a jayegi bad mein ham engagement kar lete hain " Mr Sharma.

("Shree will come in a little while,then we will do engagement")

"Yes, Mr. Sharma. I am sure you have asked your niece about this engagement."

At that time, she also arrived in the living room. She heard Shreyansh's voice.

She whispered his name, "Ansh"

Shreyansh felt her presence, so he looked towards her.

They had eye contact. He stand up and go toward her.

His family is watching him as he looks at Shree with pure love; it is visible in his eyes.

Shree also feels something different in his eyes.

He stood in front of her and thought that she was looking gorgeous in this dress, but her pretty smile was missing. Soon, her smile will also come.

And I said her
"Hello. Miss Shree I am Shreyansh Malhotra, your fiance."

Shree is just looking at him with confusion, wondering why Ansh is saying this and I am not engaging with that boy, but...

Again, Shreyansh said something to her, saying that her thought was broken, and she looked toward him.

"I know, Shree, you are very confused right now, but I will explain everything to you later."
He whispered to her; only she could hear because everyone's standing at a very good distance. 

He again said a little louder that everyone could hear him,

"So Miss Shree, your uncle, and I have arranged our engagement today. I am sure your uncle has told you about this, but I am asking you again."

"Do you want to get engaged with me? If you do not want this engagement, then no one will force you. "

Shree thinks that Ansh is doing all of these because of me; he is keeping his promise, but I can't let him destroy his life by engaging with me.

Shree asked him with hope that he will refused to do engagement.

"Are you sure, ans.....  Mr. Malhotra, that you really want to do an engagement with me?"

______________________________________

Like
Comment
Follow
Follow me on Instagram.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 49.8K 37
.... am I that bad to be loved, wanted. I am an unwanted daughter, now i will be an unwanted wife. God what's your problem. Why am i so unwanted in t...
4M 140K 83
STOP RIGHT THERE Mrs Priya Ekaansh Raghuvanshi, a shiver ran down her spine listening his dangerous voice she gulp and tightly close her eyes,she was...
4.3K 160 15
18+content "This marriage nothing only for a business deal to me. I will make sure break this engagement in 6 month" He said very rudely And I wil...
11.9K 600 13
1st book of 'The Malhotra Siblings' When she was in 9th, he was the senior of her school.. He was her brother's classmate and his bestfriend He was h...