Heavenly Simulation: Tales of...

By Adamos_Amet

In the ruins of the last human kingdom, Nie Li, a boy with no special powers, was about to give up hope. Just... More

Chapter no.1 Prologue
Chapter no.2 Death
Chapter no.3 I am Back?
Chapter no.4 System
Chapter no.5 Heavenly Marks Family
Chapter no.6 Talentless; so what?
Chapter no. 7 System and Player
Chapter no.8 Bet: Life or Death
Chapter no.9 Father vs Son part 1
Chapter no.10 Father vs Son part 2
Chapter no.11 The Orchid Garden Weapon Art
Chapter no.12 Body Cultivation
Chapter no.14 Gifts from the Heart
Chapter no.15 Flying Dragon Pill
Chapter no.16 Yama's Furnace Breathing Technique
Chapter no.17 Dream Simulation
Chapter no.18 Free Style Combat
Chapter no.19 What Happened?!
Chapter no.20 Mob Attack
Chapter no.21 Anger
Chapter no.22 Soul Wings
Chapter no.23 The Heavenly Marks Family Heir
Chapter no.24 Ceremony
Chapter no.25 A Professional Suck Up
Chapter no.26 Intentions
Chapter no.27 Family Treasury
Chapter no.28 Mystical Items?!
Chapter no.29 Temporal Spirit Library
Chapter no.30 Holy Orchid Institute
Chapter no.31 The Heavenly Dharma Cultivation
Chapter no.32 God and Human
Chapter no.33 Lu Piao
Chapter no.34 Shen Xiu
Chapter no.35 Narrative Point?
Chapter no.36 Advice on Courtship
Chapter no.37 WTF; Are these Options?
Chapter no.38 Hot and Steamy Night?
Chapter no.40 Shen Xiu: An Insecure Noble
Chapter no.41 AI vs Shen Xiu
Chapter no.42 Plans
Chapter no.43 Lounge
Chapter no.44 Inscription array part 1
Chapter no.45 Inscription Array part 2
Chapter no.46 Genius
Chapter no.47 Tower of Scribes
Chapter no.48 Money
Chapter no.49 The Alchemist Association
Chapter no.50 The Director: Yang Xin
Chapter no.51 Follower or Ally?
Chapter no.52 Yang Xin and Nie Li: Make Me Tame You
Chapter no.53 Gānbēi
Chapter no.54 Dorm Room: Morning
Chapter no.55 Dorm Room: Breakfast
Chapter no.56 Honour
Chapter no.57 From the Shadows
Chapter no.58 Spy and Sex
Chapter no.59 Who the hell are you?!
Chapter no.60 In the Dark Part 1
Chapter no.61 In the Dark Part 2
Chapter no.62 In the Dark part 3
Chapter no.63 A Caged Bird
Chapter no.64 My Path

Chapter no.13 Family

44 5 1
By Adamos_Amet

Three days prior, while Nie Li's body was training on autopilot, his family faced their own challenges at home.

Nie Ming, Xiao Yun, Nie Kai, and Miao Ling sat together in the living room, enveloped in silence, occasionally disturbed by the sounds of Nie Li's rigorous training outside.

"It looks like he's training hard," Nie Li's aunt Miao Ling observed, breaking the quiet. Everyone nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, but just training isn't enough. He'll need weapons, armor," Nie Kai pointed out.

"Pills and herbs for recovery," Nie Ming added, his voice laced with concern.

"And new clothes for his victory ceremony," Xiao Yun chimed in, her optimism drawing looks from everyone.

It was clear she had unwavering confidence in her son's success.

"I'll sell the horses," Nie Ming declared, a hint of resolve in his voice.

"Is that wise? Those horses are our livelihood," Miao Ling questioned, worried about the implications.

"It doesn't matter, Sister. If selling those horses gives my son even a slight advantage, I'll do it," Nie Ming replied.

Nie Kai, thoughtful, asked, "What are you planning to buy with the money?"

"Herbs and pills for Nie Li's recovery. He needs it, considering the intensity of his training," Nie Ming said, just as another boom resonated from outside.

The room fell silent, the weight of their situation settling heavily upon them. Breaking the silence, Nie Kai offered, "I've saved up some money. I can use it to buy Nie Li some armor."

Miao Ling and Xiao Yun exchanged a knowing look before speaking up.

"Xiao Yun and I can sell our dowries to buy Nie Li a weapon," Miao Ling said, and everyone nodded, recognizing the depth of their sacrifice.

There was no competition or pride at play here.

Each family member understood the significance of what the others were giving up.

Nie Ming's decision to sell the horses meant he'd face double the workload without them. Nie Kai's savings represented years of hard work, set aside for emergencies. The dowries of Xiao Yun and Miao Ling were not just valuable possessions but also legacies from their own families, meant to be passed down through generations.

Yet, despite the weight of these sacrifices, no one hesitated.

There were no tears, no second-guessing. They were united in their purpose: to give Nie Li every possible advantage in the upcoming tournament.

In their eyes, what value did these possessions hold if not to support their family when it mattered most?

With Nie Li giving his all in training, his family was determined to do their part, sacrificing their treasures without a word of complaint. For them, the well-being and success of their family, especially Nie Li, outweighed any material possession.

....

Nie Kai, Nie Ming, Xiao Yun, and Miao Ling stepped into the local dangpu house, a place that gave loans to people who pawned their personal belongings as collateral.

As they approached the counter, Nie Ming took the lead.

"We're here to secure a loan against some personal items," he said, his voice steady but carrying an undercurrent of unease.

The man behind the counter, a shrewd look in his eyes, nodded.

"And what items are we talking about?" he inquired, leaning forward.

Miao Ling carefully placed her dowry pieces on the counter, followed by Xiao Yun, who did the same.

Nie Ming presented the deed to their horses. The man inspected each item with a practiced eye.

"And how much are you looking to borrow against these?" the man asked, tapping his fingers on the counter.

Nie Ming exchanged a glance with the others before answering, "We're hoping for 10,000 Demon Spirit Coins."

The man raised an eyebrow, "10,000, you say? That's a significant amount. The interest rate on such a loan would be..." he paused, calculating, "15% per month."

Nie Ming swallowed hard, the rate was steep, but they had expected as much.

"We understand the terms. We'll be able to repay the loan and redeem our items within two months," he said, more confidently than he felt.

Xiao Yun interjected, "Please, make sure our items are kept safe. They mean a lot to our family."

The man nodded, "Of course. We ensure all pawned items are securely stored until they're either redeemed or sold. You have my word."

As the paperwork was being finalized, Nie Kai remained silent.

He had already withdrawn his savings, ready to purchase armor for Nie Li.

He watched his family members, pride swelling in his heart at their collective sacrifice, yet a knot of worry lingered in his stomach about the steep interest rate and the risk they were taking.

Once everything was settled, and the family was promised 10,000 Demon Spirit Coins, they turned to leave. Nie Ming laid a comforting hand on Xiao Yun's shoulder, whispering, "This is for Nie Li."

Xiao Yun nodded, "I just wish it didn't have to come at such a high cost."

As they exited the dangpu house, the family felt a mix of relief and anxiety. They had secured the funds needed to support Nie Li, but the weight of the loan hung over them like a dark cloud.

Nie Ming glanced at his brother, knowing Nie Kai had a better grasp on handling money. Nie Kai understood the silent request and nodded, signaling his readiness to take charge.

"Let's make a budget for everything Nie Li will need. The most important items will get the highest budget, and the less important ones will get less," he proposed, and everyone agreed.

"What determines what's higher and lower?" Xiao Yun inquired.

"Anything that can keep Nie Li safe should be prioritized. So, armor and weapons need a bigger budget. We can't afford for his gear to fail him during a fight," Nie Kai explained, his voice firm.

"What about the herbs and pills?" Nie Ming chimed in, curious about their plan for recovery items.

"We can buy and ask around. I'm pretty sure you and I can call in some favors to get herbs that might be growing on our friends' land," Nie Kai suggested confidently.

"Yun and I can sew Nie Li's clothes. We just need to buy some cotton and leather," Miao Ling added.

"Alright, let's break it down," Nie Kai started, organizing their plan.

"A good quality sword could cost up to 10k, but if we skip the inscription array enhancements, we can get one for 2k. Good full-body armor without inscription arrays will cost about 5k. That leaves us with 3k. We can buy the materials for making clothes and a chainmail for 1k, leaving us 2k."

He paused, considering their next move. "Medicinal pills are too pricey. Even the least effective ones are around 5k per bottle. Let's buy a pack of herbs and a recipe for a herbal bath with the remaining money. Does that sound good?"

Everyone nodded, the plan solidifying before them.

With their budget set, they split the remaining money and headed into the market, each going their separate ways to purchase the items on their list.

....

Nie Ming stepped into the herbal shop.

He approached the counter, clearing his throat to catch the attention of the shopkeeper.

"I'm looking for something to help with body regeneration. Something like the Tears of Healing," he said, trying to sound confident.

The shopkeeper eyed him for a moment before replying, "Tears of Healing, huh? That's quite an item. It's going for 1.5k Demon Spirit Coins."

Nie Ming felt a twinge of desperation. "Please, could you consider 1k for it? It's for my son. He's entering a tournament to become the heir of our family," he pleaded, hoping for a bit of sympathy.

The staff around the counter chuckled, one of them sneering, "If you're haggling over a few coins, it doesn't sound like your son stands much of a chance."

The mockery stung, and Nie Ming felt anger boiling up inside him.

He was on the verge of shouting back when suddenly, a stranger stepped forward, laying 500 coins on the counter.

"Give the man his recipe," the stranger said calmly.

"Thank you, truly. This means a lot to me and my son," Nie Ming said with heartfelt gratitude.

Turning back to the shopkeeper, Nie Ming then requested, "I'll also need 1k worth of herbs, according to the recipe. Please, make sure they're of good quality."

The shopkeeper, now a bit more respectful, began to gather the herbs.

"Of course, sir. We'll make sure to select the best for your son's needs."

As Nie Ming waited, he couldn't help but feel a mix of emotions. The disdain from the staff still echoed in his mind, but the kindness of the stranger and the thought of supporting his son overshadowed the negativity.

"Which family are you from?" the stranger inquired.

"Oh, the Heavenly Marks Family," Nie Ming replied.

The stranger seemed to think for a moment before guessing, "I suppose you're from the branch family, then?"

Nie Ming simply nodded in confirmation, wondering where this conversation might lead.

"Well, your son is going to need a lot of help," the stranger observed as the shopkeeper handed Nie Ming the herbs he had purchased.

"You know, I'm somewhat of an Alchemist myself," the stranger revealed, causing Nie Ming's eyes to widen in surprise.

The stranger's next words held a promise that piqued Nie Ming's interest further. "Look, I can see you're a kind man who's just trying to do right by his son. Why don't you come with me? I'll show you a medicinal pill that could ensure your son's victory in the tournament."

"Why would you do that?" Nie Ming asked, his curiosity mingling with skepticism.

The stranger offered a simple explanation, "Think of it this way: if your son wins, I get to establish a shop backed by an aristocratic family. It's a win-win. So, do you want the pill or not?"

Without hesitation, Nie Ming nodded, his heart racing at the thought of such an opportunity.

"But I don't have any more money," he admitted, the worry clear in his voice.

The stranger's smile was reassuring.

"Oh, don't worry about that. We'll work something out," he said, signaling for Nie Ming to follow him.

As Nie Ming followed the stranger out of the herbal shop, his mind was a whirlwind of thoughts. The possibility of obtaining a pill that could ensure Nie Li's success was beyond anything he had hoped for. Despite his reservations about the stranger's intentions and the uncertainty of what this arrangement might entail, the chance to give Nie Li an edge in the upcoming tournament was too good to pass up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21 0 17
Rose has finally allowed herself to settle into a quiet life. She has her little piece of land, her cat, and her adult daughter who she can support...
877 42 44
"Welcome back to the land of the living, Alexandra... Please don't make too much of a mess on your first night." ------------------------- The after...
12.5K 603 41
📘 BLURB Is it possible...to create a world where people will live forever? A world where you and I no longer fear death? Zenvix Nighvicto, prin...
1K 1 64
Ty is gone. But the xenoverse is safe. however it's become reckless in nature. After ty had made a surprise appearance in the attacks of Lucifer in...