𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐒

Oleh latibulesoul

❛ she's always wondered what people thought of her but she'd never care enough to ask. juliets life was simpl... Lebih Banyak

-𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐒
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
10
11

09

52 5 58
Oleh latibulesoul

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚𝐉 𝐔 𝐋 𝐈 𝐄 𝐓˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

"you know, when i asked what we were going to do today i did NOT mean this." lucy moaned, squinting at the sun gleaming its golden beams in between her fingers as she shielded her face with her hand.

after much debate the boys where able to convince us to go to the neighbourhood park. apparently basketball tryouts where coming up and they just had to practice.

though we were still recovering from our hang-overs, getting some fresh air seemed like a good idea.

"WOOOOHOOOO." ben shouted as he began dribbling the basket ball through his legs and around the open court, his sneakers squeaking with every slide.

groaning, me and lucy covered our ears. nevermind.

"how are you even functioning right now?!" i yelled over to ben from lucy and i's sat position on the makeshift park bleachers.

"it's the michael b. jordan in my veins." he smirked before 'attempting' to dunk on lucas who easily took the ball from his hands and passed it to malik with a puzzled look.

"i think you mean michael jordan." he chuckled.

"that's what i said."

laughing to myself i shut my eyes and leaned against the bleachers trying to soak in the sun. the pounding in my head had slowed down to rare beats but the aching my muscles held continued to annoy me.

the noises of basketball shoes against the court and grunts mixed with prideful laughter laced with victory almost lulled me to sleep but, in an attempt at forcing my mind to stay awake, i glanced over to lucy who was passed out with a fresh pair of sunglasses covering her eyes.

"jules!" i heard an un familiar nickname reach my ears. i tilted my gaze away from the sun to realise it was one of the boys calling me.

"1v3?" ben smirked a devilish grin.

"that's a little unfair don't you think?" i tilted my head as i felt for my hair tie on my wrist. standing up from my position and ignoring the dizziness that welcomed its way into my head i tied up my hair and continued my intimidating glare in his direction.

"come on, scared?" he asked, noticing lucas take a few steps away from him and grabbing the ball.

"i'll team up with juliet." he stood next to me and nudged me lightly with his elbow. "me and her versus you two." he nodded to ben and malik.

ben cowered for a millisecond before covering up his fear in a mask i like to call male ego.

he nodded. "game on." ben began bouncing the basketball while turning his body in different angles.

he was too focused on showing off his moves, ignoring his teammates calls and didn't pay enough attention to me as i stepped in and took the ball from him.

i can't say i know how to play basketball but i know my way around the court. picking up my pace i locked my eyes onto the net and cursed under my breath after realising it was way taller than what i could reach.

malik zoomed in front of me and began waving his arms all around looking like a baby bird learning to fly.

i stared him down while bouncing the ball with my right hand and decided to risk it by throwing the ball towards the hoop. my face began to fall as i noticed the direction it was going in but once lucas grabbed a hold of it and pushed  it in the right direction i let a shout escape my pursed lips.

"what." ben dropped his arms to his sides before stomping over to where the ball was and passing it to malik with a confident smirk.

"best outta 3."

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

i used to dread the time, it was something that moved so agonisingly slowly. though that's a thought of the past as the day had already come to an end.

  i clasped my hand over my mouth as i let out yet another laugh and tucked a stray hair behind my ear.

lucy wiped an imagery tear from her cheek as she laughed at bens jokes, leaning into malik who sat next to her.

  we managed to snag an empty booth in bobs busy diner. considering the fact that it was past 18;00 pm and the place was already packed.

basketball was fun, but only lasted a few hours. lucy practically bribed us all to go out to eat before parting ways.

  i sat across from the two love birds as ben kept yapping about something he clearly seemed passionate about.

to my left i noticed the waiter clothed in a vintage uniform with the reddest stripes along her apron as she approached us causing a small smile to reach my face.

"foodddd, finally." lucy groaned, sitting up and thanking the waiter as her dish was placed in front of her.

  everyone was starving, it was noticeable just by the bug eyes and eager gulps we all shared. and the boys didn't waste a second before biting into their burgers and slurping up their drinks.

that's when i turned to a particular boy besides me and noticed him pick at his solo plate of fries.

  tilting my head i stared at my own dish, maybe the food wasn't that good? when he brought me here the other day in order to thank me we only had the ice cream and it wasn't bad.

"OUGH YEAH WHO LET BOBBY COOK?" ben cheered, mouth full reviving a whoop from malik and a fist bump.

lucas laughed besides me and finally reached down for a few fries. i closed my eyes momentarily thanking God for the meal before i began to eat away my tiredness and dire distress for greasy food.

  the evening slowed down and time was back doing that strange thing again. moving.

i cleared my plate and listened light heartedly to the sparked conversation. my friends voices became distant upon the mind clutching headache breathing it's way into my head.

  i sighed as i felt my shoulders sag. though i deeply slept last night, given my drunken state, i still hadn't slept a full 9 hours in days.

"you okay?" i hear a softer voice than my own consciousness come from besides me.

turning to lucas, i rested my heavy head on the palm of my hand. "yeah, just a lilttle tired." i chuckled before snatching one of the many fries left on his plate.

  lucas nodded with a soft and amused smile but before he could start with his next sentance he got pulled into yet another conversation with the rest of the table.

turning my head around i noticed how the light glow of blue and red the diner gave off distracted me from how dark it had gotten outside. and yet, the diner was still bubbling with life.

  i looked back down towards my plate just as a napkin gets slid into my view. i giggled as i struggled to read the light ink on the startchy paper but nodded towards lucas once i finally read the words. 'need a ride home?'

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

sneaking the window down i perched my arm to give my head support as i felt the nights cold breeze whoosh past my rosy cheeks. my hair danced along with the wind in small wisps as i breathed in deeply.

"they're great, aren't they?" lucas' voice reached my ears so i looked his way as he steered the car down the neighbourhood lit roads with one hand while the other arm rested on the open window.

he glanced at me a moment. "your friends, i mean."

i smiled. "yeah they are. i met them a few days after meeting you."

lucas chuckled as he lowered the light music of the radio until it became a faint bundle of hums and tunes. "right, i forget."

"these past few days have been so different." i turn back to look outside as i began fidgeting with the ends of my hoodie's sleeve. "i mean, just the mere fact that me, lucy, ben and malik have been going to the same high school since freshman year yet never crossed paths? i don't know"

there was a small silence that i tried to ignore watching the world pass by me before lucas took in a breath. "i get that you never were much of a people person, huh?"

"no." i looked at him, then back down. "i'm grateful for them though, turns out i might actually be a people person."

lucas smiled and placed both his hands on the wheel before turning into my familiar neighbourhood. his face was dimly lit by our surroundings but something about him complemented the stars outside and the moon that glistened so bright.

yawning i caught myself staring and covered my gaping mouth.

"don't worry sleepy head we've arrived at our destination." he laughed before unbuckling his seatbelt and opening his car door.

i tried calming my winded hair before unbuckling my seatbelt and curling my fingers along the handle but before i could even pull the car door already clicked open.

"why thank you." i smiled stepping out into the cold evening.

"no problem." lucas closed the door behind me and we began to walk towards my front door.

coming to my senses i checked my phone and remembered all the texts i received from my mom. "ahh shit." i mumbled as i gave myself a once over.

still standing in the dress from the night before except with a hoodie and slides on just to add onto the homeless hooker ora, i pursed my lips in thought.

"didn't you text your mom back?" lucas asked.

"i was too busy sweeping the floor with ben in basketball today i got carried away."

lucas laughed again and i couldn't help but laugh too. "i should probably go in." i rested my hand on the doorknob, my conscious screaming at me to run away from my mothers wrath while my body ached and begged me for sleep.

i didnt want to go back to my bedroom and dread the night. i didn't want to leave all the fun just to go back to the place i can't switch off even if i tried.

"yeah um, i'll see you tomorrow at school?" lucas cleared his throat and looked at me.

"yeah." i said before i watched him hesitantly turn around and pull out his car keys before calling out. "drive safe!"

now time to face my mother.

𐐪𐑂 a/n:
hi guys ! please leave your thoughts here —
[ special dedications ]
liquidlyn M_ai__

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

195K 3.5K 41
Juliet was the most soft spoken person in town. Her delicate features were shown to the world, but under this features there comes damage included. ...
6.8K 172 48
Claire is the quiet girl. The good girl. Only has a few friends. But during her freshman year of high school the problem she has been trying to avoid...
17.9K 786 39
(Final Edits underway. Chapters and some of the story will be changing!) Emma Walker was the new girl in a small town. She was shy, small, and had n...
1M 36K 42
#1 in Teen Fiction - 26.03.2020 #10 in Romance - 04.10.2020 #1 in Unrequited - 21.02.2020 #1 in LoveTriangle - 01.01.2020 # 14 in Angst - 20.20.2020 ...