Patient B-2

By wisteriaroselyn

Avalyn has always been good at running; it's what she does best. But when fate offers her a chance to break f... More

- read me!!
Prologue:
Chapter One: Avalyn
Chapter Two: Avalyn
Chapter Three: Avalyn
Chapter Four: Cierien
Chapter Five: Cierien
Chapter Six: Avalyn
Chapter Seven: Cierien
Chapter Eight: Idalia
Chapter Nine: Wrath
Chapter Ten: Cierien
Chapter Eleven: Avalyn
Chapter Twelve: Wrath
Chapter Thirteen: Avalyn
Chapter Fourteen: Cierien
Chapter Fifteen: Idalia
Chapter Sixteen: Avalyn
Chapter Seventeen: Avalyn
Chapter Eighteen: Avalyn
Chapter Twenty: Avalyn
Chapter Twenty-One: Aren
Chapter Twenty-Two: Avalyn
Chapter Twenty-Three: Avalyn
Chapter Twenty-Four: Avalyn
Chapter Twenty-Five: Aren
Chapter Twenty-Six: Idalia
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Idalia
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Avalyn
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Aren
Chapter Thirty: Avalyn
Chapter Thirty-One: Wrath
Chapter Thirty-Two: Sophie
Chapter Thirty-Three: Avalyn
Chapter Thirty-Four: Avalyn
Chapter Thirty-Five: Aren
Chapter Thirty-Six: Cierien
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Idalia
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Avalyn
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Avalyn
Chapter Forty: Wrath
Chapter Forty-One: Cierien
Chapter Forty-Two: Idalia
Chapter Forty-Three: Avalyn
Chapter Forty-Four: Avalyn
Chapter Forty-Five: Avalyn
Chapter Forty-Six: Avalyn
Chapter Forty-Seven: Avalyn
Chapter Forty-Eight: Wrath
Chapter Forty-Nine: Avalyn

Chapter Nineteen: Wrath

1.4K 64 7
By wisteriaroselyn

A year ago, if someone had asked me whether I could envision myself collaborating with Idalia, I would have probably laughed in their face. But if they had followed that up by informing me that Avalyn was still among the living and that we had buried a vampire in transition alive, then I wouldn't have just laughed in your face- I would have bashed it in.

The sobs have finally quieted, leaving behind an unsettling void within me. In the stillness of the night, the photograph remains clutched in my hand, a tangible connection to the past that feels both comforting and haunting. Cierien and I have spent every moment of the past week lying side by side, forsaking sleep just to gaze upon it as if trying to etch every detail into our memories. It's as if we fear that if we don't, the image will fade away, slipping from our grasp like a fragile dream.

She appears both familiar and foreign, a paradox of change and consistency captured in one frame. Her once-dark locks now shimmer in a bold platinum hue, a striking departure from the shadow of her natural roots peeking through. Dark tattoos wind down her arms, their full extent concealed by the cutoff of the photo, leaving me intrigued about the stories they tell. Twin nose piercings catch the light, adorned with delicate studs, while a slender hoop rests in the center, adding an intriguing symmetry to her features. A silver bar boldly punctuates her eyebrow. Each detail tells a tale of transformation, a mosaic of her journey unfolding before my eyes.

A newfound maturity graces her features, lending an air of wisdom beyond her years, yet her youthful essence remains untouched. Time seems to have frozen her at the cusp of adulthood, forever preserving the visage of a twenty-year-old. Despite the external transformations, some things endure unaltered. Her eyes still sparkle with an unyielding brightness, reflecting a spirit untouched by time's passage. A genuine smile adorns her lips, the corners curling upwards with a familiar warmth that speaks of authenticity and joy. In her gaze and smile lies an immutable essence, a reminder that amidst change, some things remain beautifully constant.

And she is- so very beautiful.

The outward changes merely scratch the surface; it's the inward metamorphosis that truly captivates me. There must have been a myriad of profound shifts within her, guiding her to ally herself with the very woman who once claimed both her life and that of her dearest friend. This decision bewilders me, yet oddly, I find myself incapable of summoning any anger or resentment towards her. Instead, I'm left contemplating the depths of her transformation, pondering the inner odyssey that brought her to this unexpected point of alignment. Perhaps therein lies the genuine testament to her evolution- a journey not only marked by external alterations but by the profound transfiguration of her soul.

Truly, there's nothing she could ever do to upset me again. For above all else, she's alive. My beautiful girl- alive, breathing, and just within reach. In the grand scheme of things, nothing else holds importance besides that simple, miraculous fact.

"Do you think she's okay?" Cierien's murmured question pierces through the silence, his head nestled against my chest as we both fixate on the bright eyes captured in the photograph.

The unspoken truth lingers palpably in the air between us, a looming shadow we've opted to skirt around in our relentless pursuit of her. The unsettling prospect that she might be enduring unspeakable horrors, fragmented and reassembled, remains unacknowledged, buried beneath the urgency of our mission to locate her. We've consciously chosen to evade confronting this grim reality, funneling all our energy into the tireless hunt for her whereabouts, clutching onto the hope that a breakthrough will draw us nearer to her safe return.

"She's alive," I whisper, my voice barely audible as I fight against the swelling pressure in my throat, determined to hold back the flood of emotions threatening to overwhelm me.

"But do you think she's okay?" Cierien's question hangs in the air once more, cutting through the fragile calm with its raw honesty, demanding to be addressed despite our mutual reluctance to confront the horrific possibilities.

"I don't know, Cier. But I do know that she's alive. Our girl is breathing right now, somewhere close to us, and we're going to find her," I reassure him, the determination in my voice tempered with a hint of vulnerability.

"She's breathing... Our girl is breathing," he echoes my words, his tone laced with disbelief and a flicker of hope. "We're going to get her back."

"We're going to get her back," I affirm, the words a solemn vow between us.

He nestles closer against my neck, his gaze fixed on the photograph clutched in my hand. The uncertainty of what lies ahead lingers between us, but one thing remains certain: when we find her, we'll do whatever it takes to reclaim her, to make her ours once more.

"We'll figure it out," I murmur softly, my voice laced with determination and a hint of desperation. "Whatever it takes. I'll do anything."

"We'll do anything," he states, pressing a kiss beneath my jaw.

Since Idalia first sauntered her way through our door, delivering the most mystifying, yet simultaneously exhilarating and gut-wrenching news I've ever heard, our progress has been minimal. The fact that our girl is alive brings a mix of relief and anguish; we don't need to articulate it, we both know she's suffering. Cierien's question hangs in the air, but there's no need for words when we both understand the grim reality. We've endured centuries of such atrocities; we possess an intimate knowledge of what takes place within those facilities.

Idalia has completely commandeered the living room, surprising us further by fashioning a makeshift bed and declaring her intention to stay with us until we retrieve Avalyn. We had no say in the matter, but I suppose it's prudent to keep her close in case any information about Avalyn's whereabouts surfaces.

Idalia hasn't divulged much beyond the revelation that Avalyn is alive, now living as a fully transitioned vampire. We've gleaned that her parents manipulated her blood, leading to her transformation after death. Yet, there's a torrent of unanswered questions swirling within me. I yearn to understand why she departed, what she's become, and what drives her now. It's as if Idalia relishes keeping us in the dark, withholding crucial insights into Avalyn's new existence and identity, leaving us to ponder and speculate in our uncertainty.

I can't help but think Avalyn left because of us. Cierien told me what Sophie said, or really confirmed- their intentions to depart that fateful night. The thought gnaws at me, fueled by a mix of anger and hurt. But now, with Avalyn transformed into a vampire, I can only imagine the weight of that decision on her shoulders. She turned to Idalia, of all people, for guidance and support- the only other vampire she knew. It stings to realize that she felt more at ease with Idalia than with us, her supposed lovers. We failed her- betrayed her trust. Yet, despite the bitterness that churns within me, I understand her choice.

But I refuse to let her slip away again. I'm not mentally equipped to endure such loss once more. Avalyn will return to us, whether by her own volition or by our relentless pursuit. I'll chase her down to the ends of the earth if need be. That much, I swear.

I'm dead set on proving to her that I'm worth it- that there's a side of me that she's never seen, yet is reserved just for her. I can be better; I will be better. I know I screwed up- big time, the mother of all screw-ups. I've got a mountain to climb to earn back her trust and I'll hike that damn mountain- sprint it even. Because deep down, I'm convinced we're meant for each other; I just have to prove it to her.

I used to laugh at the idea of soulmates; I thought it was all a load of crap. But Avalyn has changed me in ways I never thought possible. I just know she's the one for me- for us. I used to brush off all that talk about destiny and the universe's plans, but now? Now, I can't shake the feeling that our paths were always meant to cross, our love destined to bloom. It's like it was written in the stars. And if it wasn't, well, I'll carve our names into the fucking sun if I have to, just to prove it to her.

Sophie has been quiet ever since she first laid eyes on the photograph, barely uttering a word. While she certainly has every right to feel upset, she hasn't expressed it; though her silence speaks volumes. She's retreated to her room, shutting herself off from both Cierien and me, preferring to grapple with her emotions alone. It's clear she's not thrilled about Idalia's presence, but considering she's our only lead on Avalyn's whereabouts, I'm not inclined to ask her to leave. Finding Avalyn as swiftly as possible takes precedence over Sophie's comfort, and I won't apologize for prioritizing our mission. Avalyn will always take priority.

As the next auction looms just over a week away, Idalia revealed that it will be held at the same location as the previous one she attended- a trend seemingly common among these events. She firmly believes that this venue presents our best chance of locating both Avalyn and her brother, Aren. According to her, the building features a single entryway: a spacious lobby that transitions into a hallway-like passage leading to an auditorium. However, Idalia suspects that the elusive WWA is situated on a higher level, yet there appeared to be no visible stairs leading upward toward that balcony.

It's imperative that we uncover the location where they detain the vampires, a place that likely lies concealed behind the stage. Yet, there's no evident entry point to the stage itself. Idalia speculates that accessing the backstage area might necessitate traversing the stage, a feat made nearly impossible by the watchful eyes of the crowd and security. However, there must be another way in that she hadn't seen to both the rear of the auditorium and the balcony.

I haven't set eyes on this place myself, but it seems Idalia's mental map of it is rather basic. If we're going to achieve anything, we'll need far more detailed information. It's incredibly frustrating not to have all the intel we need, but as the mission approaches, our objective couldn't be clearer: gather every scrap of information possible.

Despite Idalia's tireless efforts, a detailed blueprint of the building remains elusive, a source of mounting frustration for all involved. Yet, we hold fast to the hope that we'll unearth what we need once we're on-site. With my additional perspective and a focused determination to pinpoint the vampires' holding area, Idalia says she is confident in a smoother operation this time around.

Thankfully, Idalia does have help from the inside, which will assist us greatly. Though we lack specifics about him, his role as a member of WWA apparently grants him unique access and insight. Attending the auction separately from us, his mission is to covertly gather intel and draft a comprehensive layout of the building, leveraging his access to the balcony with a distinctive ring denoting his affiliation with WWA. This foresight in creating a reliable layout not dependent on memory will undoubtedly prove invaluable for future operations at this location.

Last time, Idalia and Avalyn went in blind, and unlike their initial venture, we're fully aware of the nature of the operation as a trafficking ring. Armed with this insight, finding a set of stairs or a doorway should indeed seem like a straightforward task. I mean, how hard could it be to find?

It's a prudent decision for both Idalia and me to avoid actually entering the balcony, where the risk of detection is higher, especially considering the possibility of heightened vigilance of WWA following the run-in with them, as well as Avalyn's capture. While Cierien and Sophie won't be attending because of this, Idalia and I will remain focused on our primary objectives: locating the vampires' holding area, obtaining a detailed building layout, and potentially uncovering information about Avalyn's and Aren's whereabouts if they're not present.

With their potential presence at the auction being our sole lead, Idalia is committed to attending every possible event to find them. Even if they're not present, our presence offers an opportunity to connect with other victims who may provide crucial information about their captivity. By maintaining low profiles, we aim to navigate the auction discreetly, minimizing the risk of detection while maximizing our chances of gathering intel. However, if both Aren and Avalyn are absent, and we are unable to find information on their whereabouts, we'll regroup and devise an alternative strategy.

By regrouping and devising an alternative strategy, I mean acting on my own accord. I refuse to tread the same path as Idalia, waiting centuries for answers. I am not a patient man, especially not when it comes to my girl. I'll tear through every member of that organization, severing heads from bodies until I extract the information I need. No more waiting, only swift and decisive action.

I'm giving Idalia's plan one chance, and if it doesn't work, I'll make my own.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.2K 3.9K 29
Sarauniya was an orphan since she can remember. Life was never easy in the system and only got harder out of it. Problems seems to follow her everywh...
70.2K 3.8K 17
Eve's been through a lot, but prophecy isn't through with her yet. Not yet ready for what it asks of her, it drives a wedge between her and the love...
91.3K 7.3K 53
"If this is manipulation, try to resist." They've just kissed. She should jump off the roof of this building for committing such an offence. They've...