Healing In-between

By Sora_Storytime

Welcome to the "Before Joy There was Hope" one-shot book! this book features unused ideas or short stories I... More

Alternative Ending: Lost Sunshine
Security Measure 1977 Pt. 1
Security Measure 1977 Pt.2
Died with Them
Happy Birthday, Hopesong!
Mother Earth and Father Time
One-Winged Cupid
Sun in the Sky
Where's Ollie?
Red Smoke and Mirrors
Heart Full of Riches
Silence
Waiting
I'm Not Emo!
Head Above Water

Season 2 Special: A Song for the Sun

193 2 0
By Sora_Storytime

(Non-Canon)

(Ok, in Canon Hopesong was never in the Smiling Critters show, buuuut if I were to make her a show character, she'd be very different than her bigger body counterpart! Let's see her debut!)

●~<♡>~●

It was a rainy night as Dogday planned what activity the Smiling Critters would do for the week. Besides the rain, the week would be sunny! Perfect for him and his friends. They could have a picnic tomorrow and then have a slumber party the next day, and then-

Dogdays train of thought was interrupted by a knock at the door. Who could that be in this rain and at this time? He got up from his desk and walked from the living room to the door. Maybe it was a late night delivery? Or maybe one of his friends came to visit him?

He opened the door and saw no one. he looked down at his porch and saw a basket. Inside the basket ,however, was a small pegasus who was fast asleep. Dogday gasped and quickly brought the small toddler inside. The small pegasus appeared to be healthy. She looked like Craftycorn, except her fur was brown, including her hair, and she had wings instead of a horn. She also had what appeared to be a treble clef pendant.

Dogday had several thoughts going through his head. Who was this mysterious toddler? Who dropped her off here? Why was she left alone? Was she abandoned? Why here? What was he going to do? He started pacing, trying to think when an idea popped into his head. He'll bring her to the other Smiling Critters! Maybe then they can find her parents.

It was a solid plan, but right now, he needed to make sure she was fed, clean, and warm for the night. Dogday gently picked up the pegasus, and the movement made her wake up, revealing her green eyes. Dogday didn't have time to admire them when she suddenly squealed in fear, starting to flail around.

Dogday adjusted his hold so he wouldn't drop the distressed toddler "hey hey! It's ok. I'm not a scary monster! I'm Dogday!" He said, trying to ease her fear. The pegasus stopped flailing around, but she was shaking looking at the dog "Mama..Papa..?" Dogday felt a twinge of sadness for the toddler. She just wanted her parents. "Don't worry, we'll find them! But until then, I'll take care of you. " The little pegasus just nodded her head, hiding her face in her hands.

Dogday went to give her a bath and some food since she looked very dirty and thin. He was going to find her parents! How hard could it be?

●~<☆>~●

"SHE'S SO CUTE!" Bobby Bearhug exclaimed, looking at the small pegasus hiding behind Dogday. The pegasus squeaked and hid her face in her wings. "Bobby, quiet voices, you're scaring her." Craftycorn softly scolded, and Bobby scratched the back of her head, mumbling an apology. Bubba Bubbaphant tilted his head. "Did you see if she had a name?" Dogday scratched his head."I tried, but nothing had her name on it," he said, looking at the hiding toddler.

"I know! Let's give her a name till we find her parents!" Hoppy Hopscotch said, and Kickin Chicken nodded with enthusiasm."Ya! It should be something cool like Champ!" Picky Piggy shook her head, finishing her cookie "no no that sounds strange! Let's name her Brownie!" Craftycorn hummed."What about button that would be cute? " Bobby gasped."What about Emerald she has the cutest eyes!" Hoppy scoffed "obviously it should be Feathers after her cool wings!" Bubba tried to interrupt them when a quiet cat spoke up, standing next to the pegasus.

"She says her name is Hopesong Pegasus." Dogday squeaked from surprise, looking over at Catnap."Catnap! How did you know that?" Catnap chuckled,"she told me, silly. " Dogday blushed from embarrassment and chuckled."Well, Hopesong, since we now know your name, let's find your parents! Everyone ready?" The Smiling Critters nodded."Let's go!" With that, the group started their search.

Dogday carried Hopesong on his back as the group looked for any clues. They looked in the woods, the farmlands, and even the gardens but found nothing. They even asked their neighbors, but no one had seen or heard anything out of place. Each road and avenue they tried was a dead end. This was going to be harder than Dogday thought.

●~<◇>~●

Dogday sighed, flopping back against the picnic blanket Picky had set out for their picnic break. "We've looked everywhere and still no clue where her parents could be." Craftycorn patted his head gently. "Don't worry, I'm sure we'll find something soon," Bubba nodded. "Exactly! I'm sure we'll get a lead soon enough!" Dogday smiled a bit then saw Hopesong had wandered off a little too far, causing him to panic."Sunshine! That's too far! Stay close to me, ok?" He said, gently picking her up. Hopesong nodded. "Ok, Papa," Dogday froze, turning into a dark red.

Bobby squealed, "That's so cute she thinks you're her Papa!" Kickin looked at Bobby."I don't think that's a good thing, doesn't that mean she thinks Dogday is her dad?" Hoppy rolled her eyes."Who cares? It's so cute. " Catnap was sleeping, opening one eye slightly and smiling at Dogdays shocked expression.

"W-Well, let's get you something to eat!" He said and quickly carried her back to the picnic blanket. He gave Hopesong a sandwich, and she looked at it then at Dogday. "Ok to eat?" Dogday was a little put off by that but gave a soft smile "yes you don't have to ask Hopesong. " Hopesong nodded a bit before starting to eat."Tastes good." Picky smiled with pride "Yup I make the best food!" Hopesong smiled politely."Thank you, Auntie." And with that, Hopesong almost started a war on who would be called auntie or uncle next.

After their picnic break, they continued their search but still came up with nothing. It was as if her parents had vanished into thin air, and Dogday felt so useless. This little pegasus was abandoned, and he couldn't even deliver on his promise it made him feel so defeated. Soon, the moon replaced the sun, and the Smiling Critters retired to their homes for the night. Leaving Dogday to once again bring Hopesong home.

●~<♤>~●

Dogday had set Hopesong in the guest room and tried to make sure Hopesong was comfortable. Hopesong looked at Dogday as he was fluffing up the pillows. "Mama left me." Dogday was caught off guard and looked at Hopesong "what..?" Hopesong started messing with the feathers on her wings."Mama left me here. Papa went up into the sky, and Mama couldn't take care of me when she got sick. She thought I would be happier here. " Dogday was close to tears. This little girl had to hold so much on her shoulders, forcing her to grow up.

Dogday hugged Hopesong tightly and sat next to her. "I'm so sorry... That must've been a tough choice for your mom. " Hopesong nodded, looking at her pendent."Mama gave me her pendent so that I wouldn't be alone.." Dogday smiled and gently stroked her hair."Hey sunshine.. What if this was your forever home? Would you like to stay with me?" Hopesong looked at him with surprise "really?" Dogday smiled,"of course! I mean, you seem to enjoy it here, so why not?" Hopesong smiled for the first time and hugged Dogday."Thank you, Papa!" Dogday hugged her back, that name filling his heart with pride.

"Oh! Can I sing you something, Papa?" Dogday smiled wide,"of course, sunshine. " Hopesong giggled and cleared her throat.

"Oh, the waves roll low~"

"And the waves roll high, and so it goes~"

"Under a bright, blue endless sky~"

"Waves try to measure the days that we treasure~"

"Wave hello and wave goodbye~"

Dogday was mesmerized and smiled with pride holding Hopesong close.

A song found its way to the sun, and the sun always wanted to hear the song no matter the distance.

●~<♧>~●

(A/n: I may provide more lore for show Hopesong since this Hopesong is very different from the Bigger Body Hopesong! Guess we'll see!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 232 28
Okay the cover is completely random- ANYWAYS- This fiction is like, headcannons- but also very cannon!!!- Itll be from where- SPOILERS!- theodore is...
23.1K 343 14
Dogday x GN reader you were a worker, specifically you watched the orphans meaning you didn't have much insight as to what happened within the walls...
6.3K 121 12
Dogday and Catnap are at odds with each other. Catnap, of course, worships the Prototype as his and the other toys' savior. Dogday, and the other cri...
13.5K 197 9
Hello! first time writing a book, Dogday will mostly be top on this one :3 Not sure if I'll make catnap top!! Kind of humanized :D I hope you enjoy...