May Soul Dissonance Bow Befor...

Autorstwa QueenSpiderRider_QSR

Dissonance. Defined as a lack of harmony among or between people or things. It can be reduced by changing ex... Więcej

Author's Note & Character List
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 164
Chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Chapter 168
Chapter 169
Chapter 170
Chapter 171
Chapter 172
Chapter 173
Chapter 174
Chapter 175
Chapter 176
Chapter 177
Chapter 178

Chapter 106

731 60 4
Autorstwa QueenSpiderRider_QSR

No one noticed their family moment because the Palantír lit up again showing a new scene that no one else in the room except Cale would recognize. Cale loosened his embrace on his children enough to allow them watch the record even while they remained tightly within the circle of his arms. It was the scene that began when Cale arrived on Wind Island through the small gap.

“It’s black.”
Cale could see some rough terrain and a mountain that seemed to be shooting up to the sky through the whirlwinds. That mountain was also filled with steep cliffs.
‘…Dead mana.’

Everything there was dyed black. The Palantír went on to show how the wind gathered at Cale’s feet at his command before the record went ahead and revealed to everyone TCF!Bud’s instructions and warnings to Cale. TCF!Bud had warned Cale not to touch the ground with his bare hands or feet nor could he dig up the dirt or eat it – or else he’d be poisoned with dead mana. To Cale these were all useless comments because he already knew all these things.

– Isn’t it so desolate?
He also ignored the Super Rock’s voice. He just slowly used the Sound of the Wind as he moved forward. He thought about Bud’s explanation last night describing the path on the map as he started to walk.
‘You must not touch the wind.’
‘Friend, make sure you are looking at the map as you go. You don’t want to take the wrong step.’
Cale was slowly walking but without any hesitation, even without the map. The wind was extremely rough. However, there was oddly a gap if he walked exactly as Bud told him to do. It was a very small gap but enough for him to walk through.

Everyone gulped, so far everything was going as expected – Cale was following TCF!Bud’s warnings and instructions really well, but no one in the Palantír Hall dared to relax because they all knew how quickly things could change wherever and whenever Cale was involved.

“How amazing.” It was as Cale subconsciously commented.
– Of course. My friend can easily find gaps like this.
‘Huh?’
Cale flinched after hearing the thief’s voice.
“Friend?”
The thief continued in a laughing tone.
– The owner of the power belonging to the child that told you the way is my friend.

“Whoa?! Really! So my Ancient Power also belonged to the same time period?” TCF!Bud gasped in thrilled amusement. 
“Amazing…” TBOAH!Bud mumbled.
“Hmmm… so I guess it’s not that all the Ancient Powers of that time period are weird, it’s only the Ancient Powers that Hyung-nim has, that talk…” TCF!Basen commented thoughtfully. 
“Ohhh, right… if they knew each other that means they also lived at the same time…” TBOAH!Basen agreed as he recalled his and his counterparts curiosity about the reason for Cale’s Ancient Powers retaining their ‘voices’ and ‘consciousness’.

When he heard his younger brother and his counterpart commenting about this, Cale grimaced and looked at Grigori requesting for her to explain it to them.
“Ahem… the reason Cale-hyung can hear the voices of his Ancient Powers is because he hasn’t completely absorbed them…” Grigori took the time to explain and remind them about the information they had received from an earlier record when the Super Rock was telling Cale how to become stronger or turn TCF!Choi Han into a weapon to kill the White Radish. She patiently explained until they all understood and Cale bowed his head discreetly to her in gratitude.

Cale thought about Mercenary King Bud Illis. His family’s ancestor built a home next to Wind Island and left it in his will that their bloodline would work as gatekeepers of Wind Island for generations. The wind ancient power that Bud Illis had belonged to that ancestor as well.
– He was a thief as well.

“Whoa!?! Seriously?!”
“Unbelievable!!”
TBOAH!Bud and TCF!Bud gasped in shock and surprise, however TBOAH!Glenn and TCF!Glenn were clutching their stomachs as they doubled over and tried to hold in their laughter. They were both enjoying the offended shock that their respective Bud were showing while learning about the history of their ancestors.

TCF!Alberu smiled to himself, but did not dare to admit that his ancestor was the worst of the ancestors compared to everyone else’s in the Goddess’ domain.

‘Ho.’
Cale was flabbergasted.
– Looks like our two powers ended up becoming friends again. How amazing.

“Actually, that’s really sweet!” Taylor admitted with a smile. He found the interactions and connections between all these Ancient Powers that revolved around Cale intriguing. He was taking continuous mental notes so he could keep documenting and researching more about these Ancient Powers when they returned home once this was all over. He was looking forward to sharing this information with TCF!Dodori-nim for his records of Cale’s ‘legend’.

Cale found it to be amazing as well and nodded his head before starting to walk a bit faster. He felt as if the obstacles were quickly disappearing. Cale let the Sound of the Wind protect his body from the wind covering the island as he quickly started to walk.
‘It should not take long to walk to the boulder underneath the mountain. You should be able to get there in about an hour with the power of the wind.’
Bud had then turned serious.
‘Once you get to the boulder, you will see a temple entrance welcoming you in. It will take about two days to go into the temple and come back out.’

TCF!Bud nodded his head, his instructions to Cale were clear and concise, and so, he convinced himself that he was not to blame for Cale getting side-tracked, but just as soon as he leaned over to tell TCF!Glenn that he wasn’t at fault, he remembered exactly what else was on the Wind Island and his blood ran cold.

TCF!Bud glanced over toward his counterpart and wondered how they from the TBOAH!World had gotten rid of the dead mana on the island. The record continued before he could ask, Naur and Grigori purposely cutting off his thoughts and drawing everyone’s attention back to the record.

Cale stopped walking after a while. He floated in the air while looking at a spot. He could see a large boulder that was the only non-black thing on the island. It was the boulder that Bud had talked about. There was a deep and long slash mark on it. Cale walked to the front of that boulder. He then put his palm on the boulder.
‘The boulder will respond to your calling once you put your palm on it as long as you have a wind attribute ancient power.’

Grigori did not hide this information because the method could not be used because the island’s danger no longer existed. The hum sounded from the Palantír as a different vibration other than the sound of the wind as it suddenly appeared. And then a moment later the boulder moved aside to reveal the entrance of the temple.

“…The temple.”
The entrance to an ancient temple with black marble pillars on both sides appeared in front of Cale. He could not see the end because the path inside the entrance was dark. However, it seemed to be a long pathway.
‘Friend, you don’t need to use your wind power after entering the temple. You don’t even need to worry about dead mana in there.’

TCF!Bud closed his eyes and grit his teeth in regret. Cale never told him about it, but TCF!Bud was sure that Cale had been in the most danger inside there.

Cale entered the temple entrance.
“Gasp.”
His body then twisted. It had happened in an instant. Cale put his hand on the pillar to his side and barely managed to get his balance again.
“…Haaaa.” He let out a deep breath.
Cale put his hand over his heart. His heart was beating wildly.

“Damnit all!” TCF!Bud cursed and grabbed the nearest glass of juice.
The loud thumps caused Cale and his three kids to all raise their heads to look up at the Palantir a little more bravely – those loud thumping heart beats were familiar to these three kids because they listened to it intently every time Cale embraced them or even held them in his arms.

Cale looked at the marble pillar. It was black, but not because of dead mana.

Grim expressions moved across everyone’s faces, even if it wasn’t dead mana, it still made them all anxious and their nervousness was bleeding into their auras.

Cale could not settle his wildly beating heart. His frown started to get bigger. It was at that moment. The thief started to speak as Cale glared at the corridor that seemed to go on forever.
– Oh, in addition…
Cale recalled Bud’s comment at the same time.
‘There should be an altar with an ancient artifact at the end of the corridor. You just need to use that.’

Cale started to speak, “…There is an ancient artifact? Here? But why?”
Cale’s pupils started to shake. He was getting anxious.
“Haaaa.”
It was the moment Cale let out a deep breath.
– This Wind Island was created because of me.
‘What? Wind Island was created because of this thief, because of the Sound of the Wind?’

TCF!Bud pressed his lips into a thin line and kept quiet, but TBOAH!Bud was confused and he and TBOAH!Glenn were full of questions. When they opened their mouths to ask, Grigori smiled and mutely redirected their gazes back to the Palantír.

Cale had expected some relationship between the thief and the island from the moment she mentioned the top’s whip.
The thief whispered quietly as Cale leaned onto the marble pillar.
– Inside there. Should I tell you the truth behind the ancient artifact located at the deepest part of this island? Should I tell you about the secret of this island as well?
The thief sounded as if she was laughing. However, she was not laughing because she was happy. There was sorrow hidden within that laughter.
– That ancient artifact was created by sacrificing thousands of lives.

“What?!” TBOAH!Eruhaben gasped in alarm, TCF!Eruhaben noticed the way Cale flinched and curled his shoulders inward as if to make himself as small as possible. He gulped and then shook his head and slightly raised his hand toward his counterpart – motioning for him to quieten down.

‘Sacrifice? They sacrificed people?’

“Considering the power of the jar… it makes sense that it was created using very unorthodox and unconventional means during the Ancient Times…”
“And this was the Ancient Times were the Ancient White Star was conquering the continents…” Sherritt softly added causing a very grim expression to appear upon the faces of a few people who knew more than they let on – TCF!Alberu was one such person.

This made Cale think about what the thief had said when he first met her.
‘Damn bastards!’
– Why is it a sin to steal the thing they created by sacrificing people? I was going to give it back to the people! Trash bastards! Why did those bastards have to have power?!
The thief was known to have been captured and killed after stealing a divine item.

“When did the Thief say this Cale?” Rok Soo asked in a quiet voice, his tone was barely above a whisper, but his expression was neutral and the demeanour he was exhibiting was entirely docile and harmless, he was treating Cale, who had put up his guard ever since the Goddess said they would be viewing this record, as if Cale was a cornered child.

However, what she had stolen was not a divine item, but just an item belonging to a temple.
Her calm voice continued in Cale’s mind.
– And I returned that ancient artifact to its proper spot.
Cale lifted his head up. He could see the black ceiling.

‘Proper spot…’ The Thief called the Wind Island the “proper spot” where she returned the artifact.
“Does this mean that the artifact was made with the lives of the people who lived on this island?!”  TCF!Bud asked Grigori in his head anxiously. However, Grigori did not answer him.

His heart was running wild. The Fire of Destruction was running wild. The proper spot for the ancient artifact.
– That spot was naturally the place that had traces of the people who were wrongfully killed.

 TCF!Bud blinked and then gulped as his skin became peppered with goose bumps. Now he understood why the Goddess hadn’t answered him. TCF!Eruhaben grit his teeth and fought down the urge to protest that Cale should have told him all this, the only reason he kept quiet was because he knew that even if he’d known, Cale would still have forced him to use it.

Cale opened his mouth to speak. However, nothing came out. The thief continued to speak as if she understood how Cale was feeling.
– You can probably tell this island’s secret, right? You can feel it, can’t you? This black mountain. This mountain that is hidden by the wind…
‘Even the Fire of Destruction is running wild…’
The thief continued on.
– You can feel the dead mana that is filling up this mountain, right?
The thief sounded full of sorrows.
– In the past, no, during ancient times, this place was a dead mana storage facility.

“Wait? Hold on… what?!” TBOAH!Glenn choked as TBOAH!Bud went rigid in his seat.
However the Palantír continued and no one had the chance to answer or console the distraught double duo from the Mercenary's  Guild.

Cale closed his eyes. It didn’t matter whether his eyes were open or closed as it was completely dark.
– I left my top’s whip here and asked my friends for a favour.
The thief sounded as if she was about to cry.
– I asked them to protect and defend this place that had traces of my family, my friends, and my neighbours.
The thief had asked this favour to her friends who had been her eyes and her feet. Please protect this place. In addition, please make it so nobody could approach this place. Please make it so that they could not tell the true identity of this island.

“Oh my goodness!!” TCF!Violan gasped in shock when she saw the images and the expression on Cale’s face upon the Palantír. Even the tone of the Thief’s voice was heart-breaking in the ears of everyone who was listening to her voice through the Goddess’s power.

The thief held herself back from sobbing as she continued to speak.
– I could help them run from the dead mana, but I could not destroy the dead mana.
Cale then heard the voice of the cheapskate of the Fire of Destruction.
– If I was alive at that time…
He sounded extremely frustrated. The Fire of Destruction was capable of purifying dead mana. Cale learned at this moment that the cheapskate had died earlier than the thief.

“F***k this is so messed up!” Jopis groaned and reached up to roughly brush back her hair. She seemed just as frustrated and unhappy at this record, perhaps because she knew from her own experiences with Elisneh how devastating the effects of dead mana would be and here an entire island was turned into a storage facility for it.

– I was caught after leaving the top’s whip here and running away. And then time flowed by and I met you.
Normally, the thief would not have been caught. However, she had used over half of her strength to create this Wind Island, making it difficult for her to escape. She was then tied to a boulder and thrown deep into the ocean.

Grigori’s power within the Palantír masterfully recreated the records of the ancient times and so everyone in the hall was able to watch exactly what happened to the Thief when she was caught.

TBOAH!Tasha gulped as a painful lump of grief and sorrow lodged into her throat and tears prickled her eyes. TBOAH!Obante reached out and set his hand supportively upon TBOAH!Tasha’s shoulder offering her a look of understanding. Grigori nodded gratefully to TBOAH!Obante when he did as she prompted him for TBOAH!Tasha' sake.

Cale opened his eyes. He could see the black ceiling of the temple entrance.
– Isn’t it terrible? Isn’t the secret of this island just terrible?
Wind Island of the Three Restricted Areas. Cale waited a long time as the thief laughed before finally managing to say something.
“Who the hell was it?”
He had been wondering about this for a long time. Now that he had chosen to take the difficult path, now that he chose to keep the voices of the ancient powers with him, he needed to know their stories.
“Who was it that you all needed to fight and defeat?”
The voice of the only person alive on this black island was carried away with the wind.

Cale’s question reminded everyone that back then he hadn’t known the true history of the Ancient Times nor had he known the significance of the Ancient Powers he was collecting one by one.

< Chapter 349: Severance (3)>
Suddenly Cale’s mind became calm. The enemy that the former owners of the ancient powers had to fight. Cale had asked about that person, but nobody had answered him yet.

Through the Palantír they could all hear the wind outside the temple, but according to the record the corridor inside the temple was dark and silent. It was without a single source of light.

The Palantír showed how Bud, Raon and Eruhaben all tried to convince Cale to use their fire orb magic scroll to light his way. Cale recalling their arguments brought a smirk to his lips on the Palantír – it was comforting for everyone and it was simple enough expression to calm the tensions in the hall that had been rising to dangerously critical levels.

Just thinking about it made Cale smirk even during this serious moment. He took out a magic scroll from his spatial pocket bag. A fire orb appeared in the air as he ripped the scroll.
‘Goldie gramps! The human needs to use mine!’
‘Aigoo, my poor life.’
Raon Miru was the winner in the end. 

“Yay… Human… you used mine!” Raon cooed happily, his soft and gentle tone barely managed to catch the ears of the most sensitive beings in the hall. Cale had a crooked smirk on his face. It seemed like his usual arrogant and cocky one, but there was something off about the way his eyes lacked their usual mischievous glint.

The children averaging ten years old were not convinced by their guardian’s poor attempt to pretend that everything was fine. They pounced back onto him and burrowed back into his secure and warm embrace.

Cale looked toward the fire orb shining above his head. He then flinched.
‘My drinking buddy, there is a painting on the ceiling of the temple’s corridor, but you can just ignore that.’
‘Ignore this? Ignore this painting on the ceiling?’
However, Cale had no choice but to pay attention. The first image on the spot on the ceiling closest to him.
“…The Jungle?”

Litana twitched in surprise and squinted her eyes to study the images on the ceiling of the temple, so she could make sense of what Cale was seeing and the interpretation he was receiving about these images from his Ancient Power.

It was too similar to the Western continent’s Jungle.

Litana and the others agreed with Cale’s observation. The image really was too similar for it to be a coincidence.

It was at that moment.
– In the past.
In ancient times.

Everyone went mute and could only sit and watch as a history lesson none of them had ever thought they would get to hear began to flow from the record on the Palantír.

– There was a human who wished to become a god.
The thief started to speak again.
“Someone who wished to become a god?”
The thief resumed speaking after Cale asked the question.
– No. He wasn’t trying to become a god.
Cale looked at the ceiling. There was a temple located in the area that looked similar to the Jungle.
– He wished to become nature itself.
Cale started to walk.
– And there was a group of people who followed behind him.

The Jungle. A temple. The followers of the person who wished to become nature itself.
Cale started to speak, “…The Forest of Darkness?”
He thought about what the glutton priestess of the Indestructible Shield said in the past.
‘I was born in the Jungle.’
‘The Jungle was dark back then. The trees were all black. That was why it was called the Forest of Darkness as well.’

– You are right. The name of the followers was, ‘The Forest of Darkness.’
She continued to speak.
– The glutton was one of the people who were captured as priestess candidates.

TBOAH!Cage, TCF!Cage, TBOAH!Cotton and TCF!Cotton flinched. TBOAH!Jack and TBOAH!Hannah, along with their counterparts as well, cringed and clung to each other. The four of them remembering painful and terrible times from their past being oppressed by former the Priests and Pope of the Church of the Sun God.

Grigori swept a pitying gaze across each of them and then sent out a whisper of her divine power to comfort them and return their minds to the present moment, so they wouldn’t get lost in the pain of the past.

Cale recalled something else the glutton priestess had said.
‘The Forest of Darkness bastards never gave me anything delicious while saying that they were people who served a god.’
‘Of course, I was kicked out of there.’
Cale could see new images as he continued to walk. The Jungle that had turned black. Land that had turned black. Large golems and monsters with unique appearances that were standing on the black ground.

Litana flinched and Jopis offered her a supportive cup of tea and together the young queens returned their attention bravely to the Palantír.
“So, my Jungle was the territory of those terrible bastards in the past…” Litana internally cursed crossly. She clenched her fists at the thought that those Empire bastard’s might have been trying to re-enact the past – it made her so angry.

“Do you think the White Radish knew that the Ancient White Star had the Jungle full of dead mana and that’s why he tried to recreate it?” Rok Soo asked with a pensive expression and a very troubled glint in his eyes.
“He couldn’t have… the journal left behind by Choi Jung Gun did not include this detail… he probably just wanted to do that because it would cause the most devastating effects on the continents.” Cale replied quietly.

Rok Soo looked down at Cale and then nodded acceptingly when he met Cale’s blank stare. He squashed down the curiosity born from this person named ‘Choi Jung Gun’, he then glanced toward TCF!Choi Han only to see that TCF!Choi Han recognized the name Cale just mentioned.

Cale started to speak, “The Forest of Darkness. They were black mages?”
Cale couldn’t help but scoff.

Mercenary King Bud Illis. The images that Bud had told him to ignore. Technically, he was not wrong. For Bud and the majority of people in the world today, they would not have been able to understand what these images were saying.

TBOAH!Bud and TCF!Bud both nodded, too much time had passed for the family to still remember the history and truth about the Wind Island. Since at least five generations now, the Guardians of the Island had all said to ignore the images on the ceiling, but for Cale this was vital information.

– Correct. They were black mages.
The Forest of Darkness group was made of black mages. Cale thought about the Fire of Destruction cheapskate. The Super Rock had said something about the cheapskate who lit the northern part of the Western continent on fire.
‘The cheapskate is the one who destroyed the most black despair and golems on the Western continent. That is why he was a hero, at least to us.’
That meant that the Fire of Destruction ended up fighting against this group called the Forest of Darkness as well.

Cale’s frown became even worse as he continued to walk deeper down the path. The majority of the image was black. Many of the continents were turning black. However, there was an area that was also turning greener and more beautiful. The two parts created a very visible contrast.
Cale started to speak, “Who was it that wanted to become nature?”
– That person-
Cale added on before the thief could answer, “Was it someone with the sky attribute?”

“Right, not only did Cale not know about the Ancient Times… he wouldn’t have known about the Sky Attribute Ancient Power being from the Demon World.” TCF!Alberu cringed with a grim expression upon his face.

TCF!Alberu also blatantly ignored his counterpart who was staring at him and trying to read and understand, unfortunately the knowledge gap between TBOAH!Alberu and TCF!Alberu was as far as the sun is from the ground. So, there were many truths that TBOAH!Alberu would never even dream of that would soon be coming to light.

The person that these voices kept saying that Cale needed to stop. The person that the Sky Eating Water said that she would defend against this time. Was it that person?
The thief started to speak again.
Correct.
Her calm voice continued on.
– That person could control the sky as he had the sky attribute. That was why he was able to control the rain, wind, and even the sunlight by using clouds.

Cale could see an image of a field full of crops and trees with delicious looking fruits. He could also see happy people underneath the trees.
– Thanks to that, the land he selected became more fertile and plentiful as time went on. Crops grew endlessly, while the fruits that were grown in such an environment where the sunlight and rain were controlled were extremely sweet and delicious.

TCF!Zed frowned slightly, the Ancient White Star seemed to have chosen a good method to trick his followers and everyone around them to turn to him and follow him. His method was terrifying and if he hadn’t been stopped by those who knew better in Ancient Times, it could have actually worked.

Cale started to frown again.
– That was how that bastard made the people he chose and the land he chose to be plentiful and happy.
He opened his mouth to speak.
“What a completely crazy bastard.”
What the thief had said was correct. He was someone who tried to become nature. The person who had the sky attribute tried to become nature and rule over the people of the Western continent.

TCF!Zed bit back the urge to swear that uselessly ignorant bastard who was stupid enough to get tricked by those other annoying bastards. Grigori ignored the tirade of profanities that TCF!Zed was hurling at the Ancient White Star only because those insults and curses weren’t things she could disagree with.

However, Cale still had a question.
“…Why?”
Cale stopped walking.
“Why did the black mages follow the person with the sky attribute?”
Black mages were people who controlled dead mana. This person was someone who controlled the sky. At first glance, the two existences seemed to clash with each other.

‘I guess the White Star did have a master-servant relationship with the Alchemists’ Bell Tower as well.’
Bernard, the Tower Master of the Alchemists’ Bell Tower. He had shown complete loyalty toward the White Star. The Alchemists’ Bell Tower was like the Forest of Darkness of ancient times. Cale waited for the thief to respond. He felt as if he needed an answer to this question in order to put together the puzzle pieces in his mind.

She soon gave a response.
– The person with the sky attribute periodically absorbed dead mana.
‘Huh?’
The Forest of Darkness bastards in ancient times created dead mana to offer to the bastard with the sky attribute.

“Holy shit… doesn’t this mean?!”  Rok Soo looked toward TCF!Alberu for answers. TCF!Alberu pretended like he didn’t understand Kim Rok Soo’s questioning gaze and instead inclined his head toward the Palantír – implying that answers would come from there. Rok Soo clicked his tongue, but returned his gaze to the record as it continued to show how Cale started to move down the corridor.

Cale looked up at the ceiling again. He started to walk again.
– The dead mana storage facility on Wind Island was a sacrifice for him as well.
“Haaaaaaaaa.” Cale let out a sigh. “Why did the person with the sky attribute need dead mana?”
He could not understand at all. Cale had many ancient powers, but none of them needed dead mana.
– I do not know the reason behind that. I tried to find out many times, but I failed.
Cale thought about the White Star. He was a reincarnator, but not someone who learned black magic nor did he have the scent of dead mana around him. The ancient Dragon and Raon would have noticed right away if he had learned black magic or smelled like dead mana.

Cale suddenly thought about a conversation he had with Adin. It was what Imperial Prince had said while looking at the containers of dead mana underneath the Alchemists’ Bell Tower.

TBOAH!Rei and TBOAH!Rex sat up straight with interest as something fluttered urgently within their chest. They glanced toward their counterparts and then dared to hope.

‘You think that this dead mana is for me?’
Cale had asked him after hearing that.
‘Then is it for the black mages? Is it for the Tower Master?’
‘Ha! No, these are sacrifices. These are sacrifices that the royal family and the Tower Master need to offer up.’
Adin had said that they were sacrifices while laughing in disbelief. Cale had asked once more after hearing that response.
‘The White Star?’
Adin had looked at Cale as if he was asking why Cale was saying such an obvious question. The Empire had sworn loyalty to the White Star for a long time and worked with the Alchemists’ Bell Tower in order to periodically offer dead mana to the White Star. And the White Star was someone with the sky attribute ancient power.

The pieces of the puzzle were slowly coming together.

Those terrible expressions on everyone’s face returned and became even more grim as everyone followed Cale’s line of thought.

Cale started to speak.
“I need to find out why the person with the sky attribute needs dead mana.”
– Correct.
‘My list of things to do has grown again.’
Cale lifted his head up. He was now at a spot where the image ended and restarted with the same image of the Jungle from the entrance. The final image was a map of the Western continent of ancient times. He looked at all of the images on the ceiling.
‘…Why is it like this?’
Cale had a question after looking at these images. That was why he was about to ask about it.
“But why-”
However, he could not finish his question.

The Palantír Hall was filled with the heavy thumps of Cale’s urgently beating heart once more. No one could utter a single sound, as several of them grimaced as they watched Cale struggle with his discomfort in such a terrible place.

His heart started to run wild again.
“Gasp!” Cale took a deep breath.
His palm landed on the wall of the corridor. His heart settled down for a bit before running wild again. Cale clenched the spot above his heart. His heart, no, his entire body was reacting sensitively the farther he went into the temple.
He could hear the Fire of Destruction’s cold voice.
– Dead mana has been stored here for too long.
This was a dead mana storage facility that had not been touched since ancient times.
– We need to purify it as quickly as possible.

Cale moved his hand away from the wall and stood up straight once more. He remembered what Bud had told him. It would take a while to get past this corridor.
‘I need to save the questions for later.’
‘Three days if it takes you a long time.’
That was what Bud had said, however, Cale needed to hurry. He had to think about the group that was waiting for him, as well as Eruhaben whose life was coming to an end.

“You Unlucky Bastard!! If you know, what took you so long?!” TBOAH!Eruhaben suddenly demanded. TCF!Eruhaben turned sharply to silence his counterpart, but TBOAH!Eruhaben was passed the point of being hushed.

He was extremely stressed and his nerves were under an enormous amount of pressure after learning about so many terrible things that had been happening in the world while he’d been ignorantly trying to have his peaceful death.

TBOAH!Eruhaben’s regrets were also piled sky-high and the thought that if he had moved earlier, than maybe Pendrick wouldn’t have had to die in his TBOAH!World timeline either.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

14K 986 51
Our beloved protagonist was a force of unparalleled might, a being whose power eclipsed all others that had ever graced existence. Yet, in the cruel...
2.5M 106K 93
There lived a handsome prince engaged to the most beautiful woman in the world. Despite her beauty, she failed to capture the prince's heart. Instead...
26.8K 1K 8
in which, cale henituse was a prettiest person to ever exist. forget dragon, even goddess of beauty will never beat him in terms of beauty. but how c...
5.4K 191 11
A good-looking young man was happily getting off work when an accident happened, resulting in the lost of his life. I guess I get to have an early to...