Levi Ackerman x Reader (Witho...

By NoTimeForAnything

Y/N Jeager had been living peacefully inside the walls with her mother, father, and her little brother Eren... More

Prologue
To You, in 2000 Years
That Day
The struggle for Trost
Can't Look into His Eyes Yet
Special Operations Squad
What Needs to be Done Now
The 57th Exterior Scouting Mission Part 1
The 57th Exterior Scouting Mission Part 2
The 57th Exterior Scouting Mission Part 3
Raid On Stohess District Part 1
Raid On Stohess District Part 2
The Walls Have Eyes
Secrets, Lies, and Traitors
Everyone Knows
Time Will Tell
Realizations and Determination
Wounds Go Deeper Than Skin
Protector
Jealously and Hostages
Blood Ties
No Longer A Secret
All Your Fault
Let Them Have Today
Give Up on Your Dream
The Basement
Origins
New Truths and New Secrets
Secret Wedding
Family Reunion
True Intentions
Campfire Stories
The Boat
When Everything Changed
Death and Destruction
Final Goodbye
10 Years Later...

The Sea

197 8 0
By NoTimeForAnything

Third Person POV

Hanji's 'executioner from hell,' which had been crushing titans day and night, went silent just as the snow began to stick. Months later, when the snow started melting, the military formally announced that Wall Maria had been cleansed of titans at last. By the time the elevators on Trost's walls were freed for use, and work had begun on paving the main road, there were flowers in bloom and butterflies dancing between them.

Maria's refugees were finally permitted to return to their homes roughly a year after what had been called humanity's first victory in Trost. And so, six years after the colossal titan's first devastating attack... the scouts resumed their expeditions, exploring the world beyond the walls once again.

Your POV

I smiled, seeing the vast terrain in front of me as we galloped through the field. Knowing that I could ride as far as I wanted without running into a wall or a barricade made me giddy. I wanted to ride as far as I could. I wanted to reach the sea that I had seen once before in another life.

"It's just as you thought, Hanji," Levi spoke from beside me. Most of the titans had already gone inside Wall Maria. We've all but wiped them out, and it only took us a single year."

"Then let's push straight forward, exactly as we'd planned," she replied. 

I couldn't help the cheer that escaped my lips as I urged Oak to go faster. For the first time... I felt truly free. 

A Little While Later...

I shot up a red smoke signal, seeing a titan in front of us. It barely had any limbs and wasn't really able to move. I jumped off Oak, seeing that this titan was no threat to us. The small drag trail that it had left behind it was overgrown with grass, meaning that it really hadn't been able to move much at all. But even so, it still tried to get to the walls.

The others joined me within a minute or two, and we stood around it. Eren was the first to step forward, placing his hand on the titan's forehead.

"Hey! Careful!" Floch warned.

But we all ignored him, knowing that we weren't in any danger.

"It was shipped to paradise, which means it's a fellow patriot," I said sadly. I wonder if I knew the person at some point. 

Eren pulled his hand back and jumped on his horse again, "Let's go. We're close."

We all followed after him, not bothering to kill the titan. I rode up to front with Levi and Hanji once again. We rode until we reached a bunch of sand dunes. Then, the walls of the harbor came into view. 

I recognized them from both my memories and my fathers. "This is it. This is the place where they'd turned the Eldians into titans." I shook my head, shaking away the thoughts of all that I had witnessed here. 

Levi reached out, placing his hand on mine and giving it a firm squeeze. I looked up, meeting his grey blue eyes. Then I remembered what was on the other side of this wall. The sea.

We went around the wall and walked our horses up a path. Then, we were met with the most amazing sight I had ever seen. It was a massive body of water that spanned past the horizon. 

I halted Oak on the grassy overlook and stared out at the water that shined under the sun. The cool breeze blew gently through my hair, the faint smell of salt coming with it. I had seen the sea only once before, but that felt like it was in another life. 

Not wanting to waste another second, I jumped off of Oak and slid down the grassy overlook and onto the sand below. I stripped myself of my boots in a haste and rolled up my pant legs before taking a few steps into the water. It was a little cold, but it felt refreshing against my skin. 

Looking back over my shoulder, I saw that everyone was just staring at me expectantly. I broke out into a wide grin and turned to face them fully, calling out, "What are you waiting for? The water feels great!"

The teenagers all broke out into wide smiles and jumped off their horses. They ran down to the sand and began taking off their boots and rolling up their pants before running into the water. Jean took a sip and Connie splashed Sasha in the face.

"Ah! My eyes!" She cried, "They burn!"

"Blah! That's salty!" Jean screeched.

I giggled at them as I took off my cloak and jacket, tossing them back onto the dry sand. I heard Hanji shout with excitement, "Woo hoo hoo! Wow. Is this actually full of salt water? Huh? What could that be?"

"Hey, Hanji! You shouldn't touch it, it might be poisonous," Levi warned.

The waves crashed before us and rocked against my legs. I couldn't stop the wide grin that spread across my face and the tears that pooled in my eyes. This was the thing that I had been searching for my whole life. And now... I was here. I was seeing it with Levi, just like we promised.

Suddenly, arms wrapped around my waist and picked me up. I turned my head, seeing Jean was the person they belonged to. He smirked down at me as he began walking deeper into the sea.

"Jean? What are you doing?" I asked, slightly panicked. 

"It looked like you needed to cool off, Captain," he replied mischievously. 

I gasped and tried to wiggle free from his arms, "No! Jean, don't you dare!"

 "Too late!"

I screamed as I was thrown forward, but quickly shut my mouth and eyes before I hit the water. The cold water was a shock for a moment before it went away. I emerged from the water, glaring at the teenager in front of me. He merely laughed at my drenched form. 

I tried to keep my glare, but I couldn't stop the smile that grew on my face. Soon enough, I was laughing too as I brushed my wet hair out of my face. I ran after him, Sasha and Connie joining me as we tried to splash and dunk each other under the water.

Third Person POV

Levi watched his girlfriend laugh and have fun with the teenagers, a small smile gracing his face. This was the most carefree and happy he had seen her in a long time. Taking the opportunity of her distraction, he called out, "Eren. Come here for a second."

The 16-year-old glanced at Armin and Mikasa for a moment, all three of them sharing a look of confusion and curiosity. But, nonetheless, he went over anyway. 

"What is it, Captain?" Eren asked. 

Levi spoke lowly so that only Eren would hear him. "Call me old fashioned, but I wouldn't feel right if I didn't ask for your blessing."

"My... blessing?" Eren inquired, not quite sure what the older man was hinting at.

Levi sighed in annoyance, glancing around to make sure no one was listening before saying, "I'm asking if you'd be okay with me proposing to Y/N."

Eren's eyes widened as he nearly choked on his breath. "You... You want to... marry my sister?"

"Of course," Levi rolled his eyes, "I knew from the day we met that I was going to marry her. I think... I think it's finally the right time."

Eren's gaze softened as Levi's words sunk in. He looked from Levi to where his sister was laughing and messing around as if she were a teenager herself again. A small smile grew on his lips before he turned to face the man again. "Of course I'd be okay with it. You make her happy. Just promise me... Promise me that you'll take care of her, okay?"

"Always," Levi nodded. 

Eren hesitated for a moment. Not quite sure what else to do, he held his hand out for the captain to shake. Levi stared at his hand for a moment before shaking it. Afterward, Eren awkwardly walked away, going back to his friends. 

Hanji, very curious as to what that whole situation was about, walked over to Levi and asked, "So, what was that about?"

"Nothing," Levi replied in a slight mumble. 

Hanji wasn't convinced though. Her eyes bore into his, searching for the truth. She barely caught the fidget of his hand in his pocket. "Whatcha got there?"

He avoided her gaze, but he knew he wasn't going to be able to shake her off. He very inconspicuously slipped the item from his pocket and showed it to Hanji. She gasped, seeing the ring in his hand. 

She broke out into an excited smile and began to squeal with excitement. Levi was quick to cover her mouth, muttering a harsh, "Keep your voice down."

She nodded, pulling his hand away. "I just can't believe this," she whisper shouted, "She's going to be so happy! I'm so happy!"

"Don't say a word. Got it, four eyes?"

"Of course," she nodded, "My lips are sealed."

A Few Hours Later...

The sun was starting to set, and everyone was pretty exhausted from their day at the beach. Y/N had just slipped her boots back on and was about to go get her jacket from Oak. Her cheeks were pink from the sun and her hair was windblown with beach waves. 

"Y/N," Levi called, grabbing her attention. 

She turned to face him with a smile, "What is it, Levi?"

He smiled, seeing her youthful and carefree appearance, and held a hand out to her, "Walk with me?"

"Of course," she chirped, running over and grabbing his hand, interlocking their fingers. 

The two walked along the beach in silence, just enjoying each other's presence. Levi was nervously fidgeting with the ring in his pocket, trying to work up the courage to ask her the big question. There was no doubt in his mind that she would say yes, but he was still nervous.

After a while, Y/N stopped and turned to her boyfriend, saying, "We should probably head back."

Levi sucked in a breath, knowing it was now or never. "Y/N, hold on a second."

She stopped, turning to face him. She could see the uncharacteristic nervousness and a thought popped into her head. Was he about to...?

Levi slowly got down on one knee and held both of her hands in his, looking her in the eyes as hers went wide. 

"Y/N, until I met you, I never even thought about my future. All I ever knew was my life in the underground. But you changed that. I knew from the day that we met that I was going to marry you. You've been there for my good days and my bad days, comforted me during my nightmares, and supported me through everything. I want to do the same thing for you and fulfill my promise to protect you. I want to spend the rest of my life keeping that promise."

Levi slipped the ring from his pocket and held it out in front of her, finally asking the question he had been wanting to for so long. 

"Y/N Yeager... Will you marry me?"

The girl's eyes began to water as a smile broke out on her face. She nodded, sobbing out, "Yes! Of course, I'll marry you!"

He stood up, a smile on his face as he slipped the ring on her left ring finger. Once it was on, she lunged forward, pulling him into a hug. 

"I love you so much, Levi," Y/N cried into his neck. 

He held her against his chest and kissed her head, replying, "I love you. More than anything."

She pulled back just enough to kiss him. His hands held her jaw and hers pulled him closer by his neck. The kiss was filled with love, a silent seal of their vow to spend their lives together. 

When they pulled back, Y/N wiped her tears and couldn't help the excited laugh that escaped her lips as she held up her left hand, examining the ring. 

Levi took her left hand in his, interlocking their fingers as began to walk back towards the group. As soon as they returned, everyone was looking at them with expectant eyes. Levi sighed annoyedly, knowing that either Hanji or Eren had said something. But he couldn't help the small smile that grew on his face when he announced, "We're getting married."

Everyone cheered, Hanji and Sasha running up to Y/N and asking her a million questions about the ring and the upcoming wedding. Levi watched with a smile as she blushed and bashfully answered their questions. 

They were both so happy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 3.9K 94
โ‰บโ‰บ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐˜… ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—ฟโ‹† ๆฉฑใฑ I hope you like it -Warning, this story will be long, since I'm going to write the 4 seasons of the anime. ...
8.8K 216 34
[REWRITTEN!] (Y/n) a thug, and many other things, from the Underground, gets chased down by the Scouts, dragged to the surface and forced to go fa...
130K 4.4K 49
What happened when Levi mum died Sure we know the story of how Kenny found him But what if there was an alternative universe where a different Acke...
152K 4.1K 15
Eren Jaeger has an older sister who joined the Scout Regiment against her mother and father's wishes. She leaves the Scouts to look after Armin, Eren...