Who I Was ✦ Kai Parker

Від throughflowerfields

❝ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ꜱᴇᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇ... ...ᴡɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴡʜᴏ ɪ ᴀᴍ, ... Більше

A/N
CAST
PART I
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11

7

210 17 66
Від throughflowerfields

CHAPTER SEVEN
song: girls just want to have fun — cyndi lauper

"YOU'RE GONNA POKE my eye." Rachel complained.

Amy stopped dragging the eyeliner through her friend's waterline for a second "Don't be dramatic. Stay still and look up."

Rachel sighed, trying to do what Amy said. They were getting ready for Leah's party and every time the pencil was close to her eyeball, she felt the urge to close her eye and throw her head back as far as possible. She wasn't used to putting eyeliner on.

"And you do this everyday? I wish I had the strength." Rachel commented.

Amy smiled "It's quicker to do than you think— If only you'd stop moving your eyes around like a maniac."

"Sorry for being scared of getting blinded by your— freaking pencil." She gestured with her hands, avoiding showing emotion in her face in case that made the pencil move directly to her eye's pupil magically.

"Have a little trust, would you?" Amy sighed, giving her the final touches "Done."

Rachel stood up and walked towards the mirror in Amy's room. She didn't know what to expect, but what she saw wasn't on the list. She wore a full face of makeup with a similar smokey eye style that Amy wore to school everyday and deep red colored lips.

"This is ridiculous." She said, moving her face to see how the makeup looked in different angles.

It's not that she didn't like it, but it felt weird on her. She always thought Amy looked good in it— it suited her factions. Her personality. But it seemed to be out of place on Rachel's face for some reason. She had never seen herself with that much makeup.

"Don't be stupid, you look beautiful. You're just not used to it." Replied Amy.

Not used to wearing a lot of makeup or not used to looking beautiful?

"My parents would go crazy if they saw me wearing my makeup like this." The blonde laughed, a little embarrassed "I can almost hear my mom's voice saying—"

"—Oh, Rachel, you look just like a hooker."

"More like— 'vulgar lady'. That's what she uses normally. And she uses it for everything." She scoffed.

As she checked herself in the mirror, she started to feel a little more comfortable with her reflection. Somehow, the idea of her parents going completely nuts if they saw her like that, made her feel good. She loved the idea of pissing them off. But what she loved most was acting like the complete opposite of what they expected her to be like. It brought Rachel comfort. They couldn't control everything she was even if they intended to.

"Well, we are hot and sexy vulgar ladies then. And we're having some fun tonight. Am I right?" A smirked crossed Amy's face.

"Right." Rachel smiled in response.

"By the way, are you really wearing that to the party?"

Rachel looked down at her outfit "What's wrong with it?"

"It doesn't really match the makeup style." Amy bit her lower lip as she analyzed the clothing choices of her friend.

She was wearing a white top under a long sleeve shirt with a colorful retro pattern and mom jeans. Amy, on the other hand, had chosen a black top that finished above her belly that had a Metallica design at the front— purposely to catch Kai's attention. She had paired it with a leather jacket, a short leather skirt and fishnets.

"This is the only thing I'm allowed to wear." Rachel sighed "It was my sister's."

"Well, is she blind? 'Cause that's horrendous."

"Wow, thanks." Rachel huffed. "I don't think it's that bad."

Amy shook her head "I'll lend you some clothes. You're not going out like that."

Rachel stopped complaining. She always admired Amy's style and she wished she could dress however she wanted, like her friend. But again— her family would not approve.

Amy ended up lending her a pair of red velvet flared pants, a black blouse with lace and a chunky belt. When Rachel came out of the bathroom all dressed up, Amy's jaw dropped.

"Oh my— Who's this girl?!"

"Stop." Rachel smiled, looking at the floor briefly to hide her embarrassment "I like it but I also feel stupid. Is it— is it normal?"

"Absolutely. I used to feel stupid too until I decided not to care."

"It's hard 'not to care' when everyone's got you in their sights. I was called a murderer just the other day."

Amy scoffed "Yeah. By some ugly guy whose family tree doesn't seem to have enough branches."

Rachel burst out laughing at the comment, followed by the brunette.

"We should get going." said Amy once they stopped. "Alcohol ain't gonna drink itself."

• • •
song: dirty diana — michael jackson

Leah's lake house was packed with people. Rachel wasn't surprised, she always threw big parties aiming to gain more popularity between students— if that was even possible. She used to say that it was her way of assuring her 'Prom Queen' position. Leah wasn't risking not being voted her last year of school. That's why they found almost every single person from high school there.

Amy wasted no time in walking directly to a table to fill up her empty cup, dragging Rachel along with her. The blonde stood there awkwardly, watching how Amy looked through every alcohol bottle with excitement as if they were some kind of rare collectibles.

"I haven't tried some of these." She explained as she prepared her drink.

Amy kept talking, but Rachel couldn't listen to her. She was too focused on all the people who were giving her weird looks. Rachel wasn't sure if it was because of her so-out-of-character outfit and makeup or because she had decided to go out and have fun when her best friend was dead.

"Ray." Amy waved her hand in front of her face "Hello? Are you there?"

"Yes, sorry."

"What do you want to drink?"

Rachel thought for a few seconds, looking at the alcohol bottles on the table "Good question."

She wasn't a big drinker. In fact, she wasn't a drinker at all. Her family and their traditions were a big reason as to why, and even though she had multiple opportunities to drink alcohol, she had never done it. The only thing she recalled trying was beer. Perhaps there were some ingrained morals from her family despite her attempts of getting rid of them.
The fact that she was conscious about it annoyed her even more.

"Just pick something." Amy rushed her.

Before Rachel could respond, a tall boy approached them and greeted Amy. Apparently the brunette used to hang out with his group of friends before she became close to Rachel.

"You have to come with us, Jerry's got a girlfriend now and everything. He wants you to meet her." He said.

"What?! No fucking way!" Amy laughed "I always thought that loser would die a virgin."

"I'm telling you! Come with us, it'll be just for a while."

Amy wouldn't leave Rachel alone, would she? No, she wouldn't do that, Rachel thought.

"Hey, Ray" Amy turned to look at her blonde friend "I'm gonna talk to some friends now but I'll be back in a minute, I promise."

And she just did.

"But—"

"Stay there!" Amy shouted over the music as the other guy dragged her by the hand between the people.

Rachel wanted to disappear in that moment. Now that Amy had left her, the anxiety she was starting to feel before increased. She tried to keep herself busy to stop herself from wondering what other people might've been thinking of her.
She grabbed an empty cup and poured some beer from a barrel dispenser. It was the only thing she had tried before and she didn't want to get out of her comfort zone more than she had already done that night.

She leaned on the nearest wall, waiting for Amy to come back. A few minutes went by and she was still standing there alone. Rachel contemplated her options. Staying where she was or jumping into Amy's friends conversation uninvited.

She chose the first one.

As she drank from her cup, someone leaned on the wall next to her. That someone being Kai Parker.

"Oh my God" Rachel muttered under her breath as she rolled her eyes.

She chugged down what was left on her cup. Kai looked at her with the same narrowed eyes that made her skin crawl. It made her feel vulnerable, like she was being analyzed. And what bothered her even more was the fact that he would just stare, without saying a word.

"What now?" She snapped.

"I didn't say anything."

"You don't have to. Why are you always staring? It's creepy."

He gave her a cheeky smile "I mean, I've got eyes... You just happen to be in my field of vision."

"Go somewhere else then." She crossed her arms. "You're always around me."

But of course, he didn't go anywhere.

"You look different." Kai commented. Rachel realized then that he also had a cup in his hand and was sipping from it from time to time.

"Is that a compliment?" She frowned.

"No."

"Thought so."

"I mean— yeah. You look good. But you look better  when you're— well, you." For a split second he seemed nervous.

"What's that even supposed to mean?" She looked confused.

It was already weird that he said something remotely nice to her. But Rachel couldn't find the meaning behind his last words. She was still herself, just with a different style. Not only that but also, how would he know what she was usually like if he barely knew her?

Kai wanted to tell Rachel that she was pretty. But before he could even open his mouth, Amy appeared next to them.

"Hey, hey, hey. What are you guys talking about?" The brunette smiled widely "Oh, you must be Josette's brother." She turned her attention to Kai "I'm Amelia, although everyone calls me Amy."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Kai." He smiled back at her "I like your shirt." He pointed to it.

Rachel scoffed. Amy's plan to catch his attention had worked.

"Really? You like Metallica?" Amy pretended to be impressed.

"I do, actually."

"Oh my God, I love Metallica!" She said with excitement "And your shirt— Misfits?"

He nodded "You know them?"

"Of course, they're fucking good!"

Rachel felt like she wasn't a part of the conversation anymore as they kept talking about bands. She also listened to all of them but se just couldn't find the right time or way to contribute to the conversation. She wanted them to stop talking so that she could hang with Amy, which was the main reason they were there for— to have fun together.

Rachel disconnected from their conversation as soon as it started getting a flirtatious tone. That was until she heard Amy say something about her clothes.

"...And I had to lend her my clothes. You should've seen what her outfit choice was before. Honestly I was embarrassed for her— but I mean, Rachel's lucky she has me as a friend. I never make a fuss about lending my clothes, I don't understand why other girls get so annoyed by—"

"I'm gonna get a refill" Rachel cut her off.

Amy frowned at her "Okay?"

Rachel huffed walking past her, making sure to slam her shoulder against Amy's. She was pissed. Going to the party wasn't something she had in mind before Amy insisted on going together. Now there they were, and the brunette acted as if Rachel did not exist. She felt lonely and excluded.

She filled her cup again, even though it was a dumb excuse she had come up with to get away from the two of them. Hoping that Amy would realize that she was making her feel like a waste of space.

But as she turned to look at them— full cup on her hands now—, she opened her mouth in surprise when she saw them making out.

Amy had her hands wrapped around Kai's neck as he held her by the waist, pulling her closer to him. Rachel felt sick to her stomach for a moment and she didn't know why. Her head pounded was louder than the music and she couldn't move even if she tried to, as if her feet were glued to the ground.

Without breaking away from the kiss, Kai's eyes laid on Rachel's. She wanted to scream, kick someone, bang her head against the wall, cry even— but she couldn't. She couldn't get her eyes off him either. She could feel him pulling on her energy, attracting her towards him like a magnet. This was just a game for Kai, he enjoyed the flustered look on her face. The curiosity in her eyes as she watched his hands trail Amy's figure slowly.

Rachel inhaled sharply and held her breath, feeling her heart beating faster against her chest— so fast she thought it would send her into cardiac arrest.

Kai moved one of his hands to the back of Amy's head, holding her in place, his eyes still fixed on Rachel. The blonde swallowed. She didn't understand why she couldn't look away— why she didn't want to look away.

The fact that their eyes were locked on each other's couldn't help but make her wonder if they were thinking about the same thing. She wondered what Kai's lips would feel against hers. If his hands would roam her body like they did with Amy's. If his touch would be gentle— or rough.

Then realization hit her.

She wanted to be kissed like that.

No.

She wanted him to kiss her like that.

Did he want the same thing? Was that his way of making her know? Did he—

Rachel shook her head, snapping back to reality confused and annoyed at herself for having such thoughts— longing for someone she despised. Not only despised but also— someone who was currently kissing her only friend.

She felt stupid.

Rachel blinked a few times, quickly changing the direction of her gaze and turning on her feet. She let out a loud breath, trying to relax— but it was pointless. She needed fresh air.

As she made her way to the entrance of the lake house, someone stopped her.

"Rachel!" It was Josette, who had a big smile on her face "I'm so glad you're here." She sighed with relief "Have you seen my—?" She started to ask, but her smile dropped when she looked over Rachel's shoulder, catching a glimpse of Kai and Amy "Oh."

"Yeah."

"Well, I guess it's just you and me, then." She said smiling faintly "Are you alright?" She added with a hint of worry when she noticed the blonde's withdrawn demeanor.

"Yeah— Yeah, yeah, yeah." Rachel nodded frantically "It's just— very hot in here. I need to get out."

"Can I go with you? If you don't mind." Josette asked shyly.

"Of course. No need to ask."

They smiled at each other. Perhaps it wasn't going to be a bad night after all.

a/n: the other day i discovered the difference between rise and raise and i was mind blown guys BAHAHA i realized then that i made many grammar mistakes in my other chapters but it's okay.

i hope you're all enjoying the story so far!! likes and comments are always appreciated <3

—lex.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

652K 18K 31
-𝐓𝐡𝐞 17 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝛐𝐥𝐝 𝚴𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐑𝛐𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝛐𝐮𝐬, 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝛐𝐟 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬- 𝚴𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐬 �...
8.8K 418 14
𝑺𝑷𝑬𝑳𝑳𝑩𝑶𝑼𝑵𝑫 𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒'𝑠 𝑛𝑜 𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑢𝑝 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑠 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘 �...
700K 22.8K 44
❝ I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR PAST, I ONLY CARE ABOUT YOUR FUTURE ❞ in which malachai parker plots the ultimate revenge scheme against the salvatore brot...
306K 9.4K 27
▌ ·˚ ༘ ミ 𝒐𝒐𝑖. ┊ ❪ 𝓛𝙸𝚅𝙴 𝓛𝙸𝙺𝙴 𝓛𝙴𝙶𝙴𝙽𝙳𝚂! ❫   ↳ 伝説のように生きる ❛ 𝖼𝗈𝗅𝖽 𝗍𝗈 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝖿𝖺𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒔 �...