Passive Aggressive

By NiranjanaNepol

He was called Cold Blood Monster. He was a cold-blood monster, doesn't mean he had no HEART. He has... he has... More

1 Cold Blood Monster
2 Khushi's idea
3 Neither Passive nor Aggressive
4 Mischievous Khushi
5 The NAME...!
6 Stunning Ratna
7 It's not a lie
8 Unexpected Behavior
9 Deadly Combination
11 Diabolical Side
12 Reaction
13 Our Personal..!
14 Horrified Khushi
15 What Curse?
16 Decision Changed
17 Emotional Shashi
18 As a father...
19 Blink of the eye...
20 Superpower
21 Champion
22 Revenge?
23 Full Moon Day
24 Furious Arnav
25 Unexpected
26 Conclusion
27 The Girl
28 What Truth?
29 Horrible Truth
30 Curse
31 Khushi's anger
32 Hesitating Aranv
33 Passive yet Active
34 Trust
35 It's not wrong
36 Right or Wrong?
37 Change
38 Shocking Shashi

10 Lies

599 80 10
By NiranjanaNepol

Part 10 Lies

Arnav and Khushi became a HOT topic of the Beryl collage. At the end of the day, there was no single person in the college who didn't talk about them.

"Arnie... give me your number," Khushi asked.

Before she took her mobile to save his number, Arnav wrote his number on her note. Khushi read it two times and memorized it.

"Don't you want my number?" she asked.

He was silent even though he wanted it because he knew she would give it to him anyhow. Pulling his hand, she wrote her number in his palm.

"This is my number... keep it even though you have no idea to call me," she said while saving his number in her phone.

"Arnie..." she saved it.

"Why do you call me ARNIE?"

"Don't you like it?"

He was stuck by the question.

"I like it... isn't it sounding catchy?" She asked.

Arnav said nothing because it was not only catchy but also TOUCHY. No one ever called him in such a name... in fact, no one called him with his real name but CBM.

Vedika bit her nails frustrated, seeing them close.

"I told you to give your notes to her but you denied it. If you had given your notes, she would not have gone to Arnav. See, what happened now. They became a close and popular pair in our college. It's because of you" Swedha said.

"What do you think? Would they be long-lasting? Don't we know Arnav? He is a beast...! He doesn't even speak to anyone. It's just an attraction that made him speak to her. That's all. We are going to see them soon getting separated" Vedika said.

Swedha nodded her head sighing.

The last bell rang. Khushi walked with Arnav. They came to the bus stop. Arnav stopped an auto and gestured for Khushi to sit in it.

"Bye... will meet tomorrow"

Arnav nodded ok. Khushi looked at him until the auto took a turn. Khushi came home and was happy like ever before. She saw Shashi at home.

"Dad...." Rushing to him, she clutched his hand and revolved around him, making him rotate.

"Khushiiii... what happened? What's the reason for your happiness?"

"Dad... Arnav became my friend..."

"Arnav??"

"Yes, Dad... he gave me notes and brought me lunch too"

"Is it?"

"Yeesssss..."

"Great... nothing is hard for my daughter..." he laughed.

"Yeah... by the way, how did you come home soon?"

"I have to go again...! I just came to get fresh..."

"Oh... shall I bring tea for you?"

"Yeah, I need one"

"Just five minutes..."

She rushed to the kitchen. Shashi went to his room to get ready. Khushi prepared tea and brought it. She gave it to Shashi who came getting ready.

"Dad, do you have Arvind uncle's number?"

"Mmm... yeah..."

"Give me..."

"Why didn't you ask Arnav? Won't he give you?"

"I just got the idea to thank his mother, Dad..."

"Oh..."

"Yeah, I will get her number from Arvind uncle"

Taking his mobile, Shashi dictated it and left home. Khushi typed it on her mobile and dialed his number. Arvind attended the call.

"Inspector Arvind speaking," he said.

"I'm Khushi speaking" she chuckled.

"Khushi beta..."

"I got your number from Dad"

"Oh... tell me beta"

"Uncle, send me aunt's number"

"Yeah, sure"

"Thank you, uncle"

"Bye, beta"

Arvind disconnected the call and looked at Ratna who was sitting next to him.

"Khushi asked your number," he said, sending it to Khushi.

"Yeah, I too want her number," Ratna said.

Arvind was about to tell Khushi's number to Ratna, but Ratna got a call from an unknown number. She showed her mobile to Arvind.

"Yeah, it is Khushi's number..." he said.

Ratna attended the call.

"Who is this?" she asked smiling at Arvind.

"Aunty, this is Khushi"

"Khushiiii... you? What a surprise...! How did you get my number?"

"I got it from Arvind uncle..."

"Oh, he should have come to your house to meet your father," Ratna said looking at Arvind who chuckled.

"No, aunty... I called him, getting his number from Dad"

"Oh... nice... how are you?"

"Super happy..." she chuckled.

"You sound happy..."

"Why not? I got what I wanted..."

"What did you get?" She frowned.

"Notes from Arnav..."

"Did he give it to you?"

"It was you who insisted him to give it to me... then how won't he give it to me? After all, he is Mumma's boy" she laughed.

Ratna looked at Arvind dumbfounded. He raised his brows like, WHAT? She turned the speaker on.

"Did he say that?"

"Haan, he told me, you asked him to give me the notes. I called you to thank you for asking him to give it to me and made him to be friend with me..."

"Wait, wait... FRIEND? Did he say that?"

"He didn't say that but I guessed it... if he talks to me smoothly all of a sudden changing his mind means, it must be because of you..."

"No beta... I didn't insist him..." Ratna broke the egg.

"Whaaat? Didn't you insist on him? But he said so..."

"Sorry beta, we don't insist him for anything. Even though we do, he won't listen to us but does only what HE (stressing) wants"

"Then what about the lunch?"

"What lunch?"

"Didn't you send me lunch too?"

"Lunch? No..."

"He brought me lunch and said you sent it for me..."

Ratna raised her brows thoughtfully looking at Arvind.

"I asked him to take lunch for you when you came to our house... but, he said nothing. So, I didn't give it to you"

"Then, how did he bring two boxes?"

"He said, he feels hungry in between and doesn't like to eat anything in the college canteen. So he asked me to pack another box"

"Is it?" Khushi frowned.

"But, from tomorrow onwards, I will pack for you too"

"Thank you, aunty"

"You are welcome... and thank you for being friend with Arnav"

"It must be me who should thank your Chotte for accepting me as his friend..." she laughed.

"No beta... anyone would like to be friendly with a lively girl like you but you are the only one who made him think he too needs someone...! I really wonder because he never had a friend. I feel light to hear he spoke to you nicely"

Khushi felt Ratna becoming emotional. Yes, she was. Arvind pressed her shoulder to control herself.

"I don't think he is not a tough nut like others narrated. This world is full of clingy creatures. Arnav is not like that. He is a nice guy. You don't worry Aunty. I will take care of him"

"Thank you beta..."

"Bye, Aunty..."

"Bye..."

They disconnected the call. Ratna looked at Arvind with unnamed emotion.

"Didn't I say?"

"Relax... he may accept her as his FRIEND"

Ratna let out a chuckle.

"If he thinks of her as his friend, what's there to hide it from us? Why did he lie? He could have daringly asked me to pack her food..."

"He might not want you to think differently...!"

Ratna didn't argue. She knew Arvind didn't want her to grow hope without knowing Arnav's intention. That was why he didn't give her hope.

They saw Arnav coming. Ratna thought something. She put her mobile in silent mode and spoke, pretending like she was talking to Khushi. Arnav got stuck, listening to it.

"Why do you want to thank me, Khushi?"

"............."

"But, I didn't ask Chotte to give you notes..."

Arnav stopped for a second and again walked.

"............."

"Whaaaat? Lunch? But I didn't pack your lunch..." She said looking at Arnav who went to his room silently and closed the door but not fully.

They knew he was listening to her talk standing near the door.

"From tomorrow onwards, I will pack your lunch too..."

".........."

"You are welcome... and thank you for being friends with Arnav"

"............"

"No beta... anyone would like to be friendly with a lively girl like you but you are the only one who made him think he too needs someone...! I really wonder because he never had a friend. I feel light to hear he spoke to you nicely" she repeated the same, emotionally.

"............."

"Thank you beta..."

Ratna looked at Arvind who was looking at her not knowing why she let Arnav know about Khushi's phone call. She blinked her eyes and gestured for him to be quiet. She didn't want Arnav to struggle to answer Khushi the next day if she asked Arnav. She wanted him to be prepared. That was why she let him know about Khushi's phone call.

On the other side, Arnav was restless not knowing Khushi's reaction to his LIES.

"She is happy about Chotte's friendship. She called me to thank me for making Chotte accept her as his friend"

"Did you do it?" Arvind cooperated with Ratna.

"How would I do that? Don't we know Chotte? Would he do what we say?"

"Mmm... what did she say?"

"She said, I don't think he is a tough nut like others narrated. This world is full of clingy creatures. He is not like that. He is a nice guy. You don't worry Aunty. I will take care of him..."

"Is not she a different girl?"

"That's why Chotte likes her"

Arnav gulped down hard. His parents got to know he liked Khushi and he lied to her to get her friendship. He didn't know what Khushi thought about him. He didn't know how she would behave with him the next day as she was an unpredictable girl.

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.7K 2K 5
He is way too mature from his childhood, but still he is a child in his Grandmother's arms. One fine day, when he went to receive his Grandmother, he...
2K 167 1
Arnav who always thought that he would never give his heart to someone suddenly his life took U turn when he collided a ordinary girl who took his b...
352K 18.3K 74
Loneliness... that's what he always wanted. He wanted to be alone. His world is different. He didn't need anyone in his world... only he and his lone...
31.6K 3.9K 14
She thought he had changed and was beginning to fall in love with him but he proved to her on the night of her sister's wedding that he would always...