Embrasse-Moi ("Kiss me") | Le...

By rvbvcxa

This story is about Her. [Modern!AU] A troubled woman who has led a life that was not her own. She tries her... More

I - Prologue
II - The Brauns
III - Tissues
IV - "All Yours."
V - Search
VI - Ceremony
VIII - Missed You
IX - Margherita and Doughnuts
X - Duty(!)
11 - Madeleines
12 - Concussed
13 - Liar
14 - I was.
15 - Kyojin Entertainment

VII - Holy Shit

20 3 9
By rvbvcxa

Y/N spent that morning sitting on the floor in front of a full-body-length mirror in her hotel room with her makeup bag by her side. She colour-corrected and concealed her bruise the best that she could. It came to the point where it was barely visible anymore. She made sure to lightly apply some eyeshadow so that it would be even less noticeable.

She decided last night with Pieck that she'd make a start on making friends. She slipped into the first outfit she could find in her suitcase which wasn't too bad. She withdrawled a little from her accounts so that she could still have some money for lots of furniture and clothes. And groceries until she was able to find a job. Until then, she was going to meet some people who would hopefully relieve some stress through this journey.

She finally lined her lip. Her nervous and shaky hands were bound to mess her up. She made a mistake, over-lining her bottom lip terribly. "Fuck..." she muttered and dug into her make-up bag for some micellar water and Q-tips.

Her phone started to ring. "Pieck" plastered on the phone. Her hand reaches over answering and putting it on speaker.

"Hi," Pieck greeted. "You haven't changed your mind yet, have you?" She asked with a little chuckle.

"No, I'm basically done now," Y/N said as she finally completed her lip combo, shoving everything back into her bag. "Where are you?" she asked.

"I'm leaving the house right now." You could hear Pieck's keys rattling in the background. "I need to go get our table that I booked. I'll wait for you and everyone else before we start ordering."

"Ahh okay," Y/N shoved her makeup into one of her suitcases. Just so it would be much easier to move everything if it's all packed away. "I'm going to leave too then since I'm pretty much done."

"Okay no problem," You could've heard the smile in her voice. "I'm so glad you're giving me and my friends a chance. You're amazing."

Y/N was left dumbfounded. "Thank you," She tried to form a sentence but began to stutter. "I-"

"I'll see you there," Pieck interjected. "Bye~" She cut the phone quickly. Y/N stared at the phone for a good minute before continuing with what she was doing. Her makeup was shoved in her suitcase and she left the room spotless beside the bed. She made sure she left nothing of value behind. She had three suitcases. Huge, heavy and bulky. She rang for someone to help bring her things downstairs. She was leaving the suitcases in the hotel but checked out of the room.

She'd come back for them as soon as the brunch was over and she'd bring them to her new apartment. Y/N slipped into her loafers which matched her maxi skirt and graphic t-shirt. She still wasn't sure of the theme even after talking to Pieck seven different times about the brunch. But it was fine. She'd just dress casually.

Y/N stuffed her handbag with extra makeup items as a precaution. She brought all of her luggage and belongings downstairs on her own. Although it was very heavy, she managed. After talking to the receptionist, she was able to check out and leave her luggage there for a few hours until she was back. Then, she was immediately on her way. She had to take the metro again but luckily it was only two stops. The brunch place was nice and cosy as seen online.

The journey was short with her headphones on and ignoring her surroundings. As soon as she was at the station she started to speed walk. She assumed that she was late because Pieck left her house over 30 minutes before. Y/N was only four minutes away, the headphones kept her sane. Catcallers and pickpocketers lurked on the sketchy route. But the music drowned them all out enough for her to make it safely to the place.

As soon as Y/N got there, she spotted Pieck walking inside. She would've called her if she wasn't so far so she just jogged up to catch up with her. They met at the cafe/restaurant's hostess. "Pieck," she called smiling. "Hi!"

"Y/N!" She scurried over and gave her a huge hug. They were the only ones there. "I'm so glad you made it. My friends are aching the meet the new member."

Y/N scoffed in disbelief. Their small talk continued until they were seated at a very long table. Obviously to seat everyone. "Did you check out this morning?" she asked leaning over at the table, staring into her eyes. The last time she had seen Y/N it was in the airport and she had the beginning stages of a bruise showing. Pieck didn't ask but she knew that the bruise was hidden.

"Yeah I have my keys already," she informed. "I just need to bring all my stuff over. Especially since the things that I mailed and ordered are coming today." she trailed off. Y/N would've continued but in the distance, a very tall, beautiful woman had caught her eye. "Geez, she's gorgeous."

Pieck's eyes widened as she lifted one eyebrow and followed the gaze of her companion. Her eyes were fixed on someone in the distance, and as Pieck's gaze settled on the figure, she let out a little gasp and stood up immediately. "Yelena!" Pieck called out loudly and unabashedly, drawing the attention of everyone around them. Yelena, who was already walking in their direction, smirked in response. Pieck extended her arms and the two women embraced each other tightly, happy to be reunited after a long time apart. "Oh my god, I missed you so much. How was Russia?" Pieck asked eagerly, her eyes shining with excitement.

Yelena immediately acknowledged Y/N. "Hello," She smiled and shook Y/N's hand then lightly kissed her knuckles. "I'm Yelena."

Y/N's mouth opened staring at Yelena's features for a few seconds before responding. "Oh! Y/N." She replied with her name. "Sorry, I didn't know Pieck was friends with absolute models..."

"Don't worry all of us have modelled for something," She rolled her eyes. "Only I take it as an occupation. I do the runway."

Y/N slowly nodded. She realised the type of people are this table will either be unbearable as fuck or Yelena was just slightly cocky. It seemed to be her niche. "Where is everyone," Pieck asked Yelena. "Why do they always have to be late."

"Listen," Yelena started. She was calm and collected. Yelena's vibe matched Pieck's perfectly. Maybe that's why they used to date in secrecy.
"Everyone is already on their way. But, if you're talking about Levi then he'll be here in about 30 minutes."

Levi?

'No, Levi is a common name here. That would be too much of a coincidence.' She thought.

They began to have a short conversation about their summers as they waited for everyone to arrive.

It wasn't long until two more people walked in and then a third who they all chatted amongst at the door. They all seemed very familiar but different. Y/N decided to just look down in her water. Stare at the properties of water as she swirled it around. Yelena and Pieck were in small talk when those people started to walk over.

Y/N could feel them.

Feel all three staring at her. It prompted her to raise her head after Pieck greeted them. She made direct eye contact with... Jean.

"Y/N?" His eyebrows were stuck in a frowning face and his features froze. The same for Sasha and Mikasa. They stared in disbelief. It looked almost like fear. Y/N could feel the tears forming in her eyes. Every single day she grieved being taken from them. Merely looking at Jean, all the memories of high school came back.

"Holy shit." Mikasa said.

His hands gripped the steering wheel. Hange, Erwin, Moblit and Miche all rode in his car. They spent the whole car ride debating about why dogs and cats are meant to be best friends. Levi was purely annoyed. They were there earlier than Levi would've liked. 15 minutes late. As soon as the car was parked everyone rushed inside besides Levi who strolled.

His hands rested in his black trousers. He wore a Ralph Lauren fleece with a dress shirt and tie inside. It was classy and casual. Well, his version of casual.

He walked in just in time to see Hange and Pieck disappearing into the bathroom. He acknowledged the hostess and walked over to the large table. All of the girls were gone. Every single one of them went to the bathroom. All that was left was a purse sitting at each of their seats. An extra one also lay there. Levi sat across from the anonymous person because he didn't wanna sit beside Hange nagging about her vegan preferences next to Sasha of all people. It happens every time.

He sat between three girls, Yelena, Pieck and whoever was in front. Yelena doesn't count though, because she stole his ex-girlfriend every time they went on a break. Although there's no more hostility between the two, she still jokes about it.

Jean greeted Levi. "Hey," He was the only person he hadn't seen yet.

"What's up?" Levi said, less like a question but Jean spirited everything out in a heartbeat.

"Y/N is here. She's in the bathroom crying and she looks really hurt and nobody knew she was going to be here but she wants to explain to all of us when we're all present because it's a really long story and she has a black eye and we saw it when she was crying because she wiped her face by accident and now all of them are in the bathroom helping her." Jean absolutely rambled.

Levi noticed that everyone was sitting almost completely still when he strolled in. That's why everyone was quiet. "Holy shit," Levi muttered. He still hadn't grasped anything said by Jean. "Y/N, black eye, bathroom? Is it too late to go home?" He chuckled.

"He's being completely serious." Erwin pitched in.

Levi's face furrowed into a glare at both Erwin and Jean. "I don't know If you think this is a joke but it's fucked up," He hissed at them with venom. He assumed they were playing a huge joke on him after finding out he wanted to seek out Y/N. "Don't lie to my face."

They both went quiet. Erwin's head rested on his hand and Jean covered his face with both hands.

"I need a drink." He reached over for the wine menu just for it to be snatched by Miche at the other side of the table.

"Let's wait for them," Miche suggested, causing Levi to narrow his eyes in annoyance. However, Levi eventually relaxed and pulled out his phone to pass the time.

Pieck came first and greeted Levi. "Hey Levi," He stood up and brought her to a friendly hug, muttering a small greeting. "How are you?"

Levi would've answered if he hadn't been watching the woman that he'd been in love with for the past nine years, walk over with grace. All of the girls including Mikasa and Sasha left the bathroom. Levi's eyes were fixed on her as she walked with Hange. Her eye was slightly visible but it was clear that the make-up she applied wasn't enough to not see through.

She plopped down in front of Levi and stared at the table. Pieck took charge of the brunch once again, taking a wine menu and ordering white wine and mimosas for everyone. She passed around a few menus and we were all able to order.

As soon as they all ordered, Pieck grabbed Y/N's hand. "Hi, Levi." She greeted. She finally looked up at him. Their eye contact was tense. Levi's resentment shattered instantly.

"What happened?" He asked. Although Levi's face was the usual monotone, his eyes seemed glazed over.

Jean pitched in, "We missed you. Why'd you disappear on us like that?" Jean asked. "Did we do something wrong?"

Y/N cleared her throat, everyone's eyes were on her. "I was kidnapped back home." She looked back down at the table. It was hard to look at the people you adored and still adore look at you with that kind of look. "I had no way to contact you guys at all. They threw my phone in the Pacific Ocean. I wasn't really allowed to have social media or else... I just couldn't risk it. I'm sorry guys."

The waitress left two bottles of Veuve Clicquot Brut Yellow Label Champagne on the table and orange juice. The white wine was Sauvignon Blanc. "Your food will be on the way, enjoy!"

The table was eerily quiet once the waitress left.

"Damn." Yelena chuckled. "That's kind of insane."

Pieck shot daggers at her. "Y/N, do you want us to change the subject? Are you comfortable talking about this?" This is the first time Pieck heard of this story otherwise she would've made the connection to the disappeared friend.

Y/N nodded slowly. "We change the subject."

She nodded back and had a thoughtful look at her before realising the rest weren't there. "Where's Armin and Annie?"

Jean although hurt and stressed still joked, "They're probably getting caught fucking in her ballet studio again." Sasha snorted in response and everyone cracked a smile. Y/N needed to be caught up. Annie and Armin? Since when?

"And what about Eren?" She asked.

She got an answer from Mikasa, her most trustworthy source. "He's having another phase where he hates me and Jean." She stoically answered. "He expects me to fall in his arms once he tells me he still loves me but It's too late."

Jean looked at her. Even though they were in the beginning stages of dating, not even official, she's still proving her loyalty. She always used to run back to Eren after he cheated and broke her heart but It does seem like she's over him. She finally realized that there are other guys in this world, not just Eren. She's drunk on Jean now.

Y/N just admired everyone as they spoke. Levi admired her.

Armin and Annie walked in with some tulips for Pieck. "Hey guys!" Armin greeted. "Sorry, we're late."

He scanned everyone at the table and kind of looked at her. He could recognize her but she changed drastically, he didn't know if it was a long shot to guess-

"Y/N?" Annie's head tilted in confusion. Y/N waved at them both. "You're still so attractive." Annie and Y/N made it a game to always compliment each other while greeting in high school. They weren't sure where they got it from but it was wholesome. Y/N stood up and hugged Annie and Armin.

"It's so nice to see you." she squeezed her eyes so that no tears could escape while hugging them. They completely ignored the black eye and went to greet everyone else.

Y/N's hand brushed against Levi's chair before she went back to her seat. And he knew it was completely intentional. He was the only person she didn't get to hug.

"What have you been doing all this time Y/N?" Sasha asked Y/N. "I'm surprised none of us could find a trace of you when you left. Everyone was so sad about it."

"I'm starting Medical School," Y/N stated. "I've been planning to make my own income for years. I started doing medicine as soon as I got that diploma." She clarified. "It was hard, but I will need the money soon to fully break from my family."

"That's pretty impressive," Hange commented, as she leaned into the table. "Is it only about the money?" Hange genuinely asked. The way that Y/N worded it was like it was her last option.

"Yes and no." She answered after a short minute. "I want to be successful and I love health science but... I feel like if I already had large amounts of cash I would've been something more creative. Everyone knew how much I loved Art."

Everyone listened intently. It felt nice to be heard. Y/N forgot how good it felt to talk to her old friends.

They all sat through the brunch talking. Y/N barely spoke and stared down at the table or fidgeted with her nails the whole time. Levi kicked her foot. It was gentle but enough to grab her attention.

He flashed a face of confusion to her. She stared back for a few seconds before quickly averting her gaze. She ignored Levi and started to talk to Pieck. "I'll have to leave soon, because of the packages." She informed.

"How soon?" Pieck asked. "I have some news to share with everyone."

"Oh. In that case, I'll stay." She reconsidered. "I just want to make sure I'm not too late. I've barely spent time at the place."

Pieck nodded, about to make her announcement earlier than anticipated. Suddenly, she grabbed her glass of Sauvignon Blanc and a fork. She lightly tapped the glass which put a stop to all the individual chats at the table. "I have an announcement, you guys."

As soon as everyone was completely quiet, she continued. "I know you see Porco isn't here with me," She started. "He's in Italy for fashion week or whatever. But, he told me that I was able to announce this to you guys regardless of the fact he's not here and we both should have. Anyway, I'll cut to the chase. I'm pregnant!"

Everyone started to hug and bid goodbyes as it approached 2 PM. They all stood outside by the car park. Y/N got everyone's numbers and saved them as contacts. The day felt insanely surreal to her. How crazy is it that she ended up meeting her friends so short in her search? Y/N was about to start making her way to the train station before being tapped on the shoulder. It was Levi.

"Levi?" Y/N muttered as she came face to face with him. There was lingering awkwardness between them but he ended the silence with a quick offer.

"Can we talk?" He asked. His face was very calm and less tense than in the restaurant. Y/N tried to focus on what he had asked but was instead brought back to memories of his peaceful and calm face when he napped on her during high school.

"...Yes, but I really need to go soon. I'm moving into my new apartment." She replied.

"You take the metro, right?" He confirmed. She nodded in confirmation. "Then I'll take you."

Y/N looked for doubt or hesitation in his eyes but there was none. She thought for a second, trying to find any reason she couldn't trust him. There were no reasons. She hesitated. "I don't want to burden you..."

"You never burden me," He casually stated, reaching into his pocket and unlocking his car with the car keys without breaking eye contact. "Come." he gestured.

Y/N's gaze shifted from Levi to his sleek black BMW parked nearby. After a moment's hesitation, she shrugged and decided to join him, following him to the car. As she approached, the familiar scent of Levi's cologne reached her nose, intoxicating her senses with its heavenly aroma. And as she settled into the passenger seat, she couldn't help but notice that the scent of his cologne lingered in the car, adding to the overall luxurious and enticing atmosphere...

He opened and closed the door for her. In the small time frame of Levi closing the door for her and getting in on his side, she looked around the clean car. The only thing exposed was a phone charger. The seats were crisp leather and everything was neat.

The door opened and Levi sat down in the driver's seat. He closed the door and rolled down the windows slightly because of the summer heat, roasting the car up.

"Has your music taste changed much?" Levi asked as he brought his seat belt over his body.

"No. Not drastically." She responded quickly. She also followed suit with her seat belt, bringing it over her body. Her handbag lay on her lap as she sat.

Levi's phone automatically connected to the Bluetooth when the car was started. Songs by Jungle started playing at a very low volume. The atmosphere was calm as he backed out of the parking lot.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.5K 1.9K 32
๏น™โญ”๏ผŽ๐Ÿณ "uhm, so carla asked me to take uh..."โŸ† ( ใ€ƒ"let me guess." you started, "brunette bastard?" ๏ผŽ) โ˜…โ˜†๏น” "i heard that, jerk!"๏น† โ—ƒ๏ผŽ y/n is a intro...
14.2K 267 17
Mikasa Ackerman lost her parents as a child,before being saved by a boy named Eren Jaรซger. 7 years later she forgets her savior's name,and then unkno...
496K 12.7K 30
[Modern AU] An arranged marriage, joy. just as you were adjusting into your new town, and your parents chasing their dreams of owning a buisness you...
318K 9K 47
๐˜ž๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ข ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ญ ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ง๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ ๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ด. ๐˜ž๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฃ๐˜ด ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ...