The Colors Yellow and Purple

By Bit_h_

(Cover art by me)) ~slow burn enemies to lovers 😽~ Y/N had a rough life, living with her mom until age 10 wh... More

Home
Golden Guard
The Cooler One
together?!?
Sunrise
Hunter
Useful
Overslept
Dark Blue
Hard to Hate Him
No
Thats Hot
Half a Witch
Never listen
You're Awful
Tears
Up to Something or On Something
Deal
No...
Replaceable
Long day
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED??
Friends
Goldie
Apologies
Spiderweb candy
Grape girl

Ever know

47 2 0
By Bit_h_

Don't cry for me- Jason Derulo

Hunters pov

Why did I do that.

I handed y/n the stuffed animal that I unpromptly stole and yet I felt fine with it when she took it from me and smiled.
Weirdly enough I kind of felt jelous of her.

I looked at her bright and big smiled while she looked to the stuffed animal.

Dispite everything I know of, we do the same job and yet she always is happy and smiling. Thats something I've never been able to do, I envy her. It feels like smiling is like breathing for her, and it should be for me yet I don't.

But for some reason recently it's been getting easier to smile.

She elbowed me and smiled, "we should get some food and head back."

I nodded as I looked out at the pouring rain. "Yea but In this? I wouldn't be suprised if they started shutting the park down."

She smirked at me with her signature smirk that told me she was about to rip me a new one.
She put her hand on her hip and gestured to the rain, "we had to spend weeks on a cold mountain, spend countless nights alone and hungry. And somehow the Golden Guard is afraid of a little boiling rain??"
She sighed and crossed her arms before walking out into the rain casting a cooling spell of sorts that cooled the rain before it touched her, her hair getting soaked again, "you've lost your flare golden boy."

I rolled my eyes as I felt flapjack give me a look.
She got you good..

I glared and him before any annoyance that i would've felt was quickly replaced with a playfulness I wasn't used to. I laughed and walked out from beneath the auning.   For some reason the boiling rain never bothered me, for whatever reason I was immune to it, so it wasn't like it was because I was scared of it, I just didn't like getting wet.

"Okay okay. What did you have in mind?"

One look into her eyes and I regretted asking that.
.

.

.
"What in the actual isles is that."

We stood outside of a tavern, the rain not ceasing. Mabye the rain got into my eyes, but what we approached was an old and rusty building. It had a warm rustic feel to it, most of its exterior was made of old wood and looked like it would collapse in any second.

I heard y/n laugh beside me, both of us under her cooling spell, "this is the Bloody Inn. I used to.." I saw her glimpse fade to not me but FlapJack perched on my shoulder. "Uh, come here with my mom."

She shook her head, "but the foods amazing and hella cheap."

I took note of her expression but shoved the feeling away. "Alright alright please let's just get out of the rain."

She laughed and opened the door. "After you Hunter."

Your pov

I watched Hunter look at the Inn with a hint of disgust, wich would've been hurtful if it wasn't true.
I used to come here with my mom when she would get off of a long shift at work. It was cheap and the food was amazing but I don't remember it looking this rundown. Mabye childhood had a way of glamorizing things.

Either way we made our way inside, hunter went first but my eyes stayed glued to his palisman.

Letting wild magic in a place like this felt so wrong, but I couldn't just tell Hunter to get rid of it. Dispite how awful it was, I could tell we was growing close to it.

Wild magic had a way of doing that, enchanting you and then destroying everything you love.

I shook my head clearing out the thoughts.

"Ay- stop being emo and enjoy this.
Titian knows how long until you can see this place again." I thought to myself, stepping into the inn and shaking off as much water as I could on the welcome Matt.

A pretty server with pigtails and purple hair greeted us. She had a solid black outfit on that hugged her body with a matching black apron. The striking feature of the outfit was her white nametag that read "Lucy."

She smiled warmly at us, her dimples accentuating her already goregous face, "hello ya'll let me get ya'll seated. Would you be preferin' a booth or a table?"

"Booth please." I responded quickly while she walked us to our table. She gave us our menus and smiled once again.

"A server will be right with ya'll."

"That girls so nice and pretty-" I thought.

She then turned around and remember her tight black pants I mentioned? Yea, you can guess where I looked.

"DAMN." I audibly gasped before covering my mouth.

Hunter gave me a "you did not..." look.

I held my hands up, "hey. I am no better than a man and I have no shame."

Hunter stared at me blankly before his face contorted into a smile and then into a roar of laughter, "Titian you're awful."

I smiled hearterly, "oh tell me something I don't know."

The server came not too long after and the food soon came. I'll spare the details of Hunter being skeptical of the food and then, like at the fair, absolutely destroying the food.

I think he may have ate one of his fingers I will not lie.

After we finished eating I held my stomach a smiling, full, and happy camper with food that was actually seasoned- unlike at the castle.

"This was... nice." I heard a familiar raspy voice admit.

I looked up from my food baby and stared at him, "what.?"

He looked outside the window at the droplets on the glass, "I said this was nice. I don't get to get out often.. let alone with someone I..." he paused and looked at me giving him a smug I told you so look, "tolerate."

I laughed softly, "so... what did we learn?"

He looked down at the plate, "that the castle food is severely under seasoned?"

"No-"

Well actually yes.

"No, that im always right." I stated with a proud smile.

He looked at me dumbfounded, with an unconvinced expression, "Uh huh.?"

I scoffed, "what?"

"You remember your call with the Everbeast last year?" He asked with a grin.

I cringed at his ask, "that was not my proudest moment I'll admit. But how was I supposed to know that the Everbeast could cause the ground to collapse??"

He rolled his eyes, "by studying your opponent?"

I laughed, "okay nerd."

Before he could say anything else I flagged over our waited and asked her for the check. She smiled and gave it to us.

I reached into my pocket but Hunter snatched the check and reached into his pocket and pulled out some snails.

"You ready?" He asked standing up.

I paused, "did you just pay for me?"

He looked at the check and than at me, "well yea, isn't that what guys are supposed to do..? Plus you payed for the other stuff earlier. It's only fair."

I stared at him blankly.

He looked at me confused, "do you want to pay for it... or..?"

I quickly snapped out of my trance  and shook my head, "no- uh thank you."

He shrugged as we walked out, holding the door for me on our way out.

Was Hunter actually being a gentleman..? Or was I imagining things?

The palisman turned into a staff, I looked up at the sky, the boiling rain had cooled to a clear sky.

"Looks like it's safe to fly, we should get back before anyone notices we were gone." Hunter addressed.

I looked to his palisman and nodded before securing a holding onto the base of the staff. The night was cooler and the stars shimmered with light.

I wondered if there was anything else out there, I mean there was a human rhelm, what else could be beyond our sight?

We soon landed on Hunter's window, he helped me inside as I walked into his room. I looked around and damn... it was messy as fuck. Hunters personality was so neat and tightly, I thought his room would reflect that in a way. Then again it somehow doesn't surprise me.

"Sorry, I was researching stuff and didn't have time to clean up. " he quickly apologized, clearly embarrassed.

I waved him off, "nah you're good. You should've seen my room the week the third season The Bachelorette came out. Whoo, it would put this to shame." I smiled at the tons of books and papers crowding his floor.

He laughed softly, "I have no idea what that is but I'll take your word for it."

I gasped, "you don't know the Bachelorette is??? Dude we're watching it, no it's or buts."

He laughed lightly, "oh Titian."

I laughed softly and turned to the door, "I should get going, but thanks... for coming with me. This meant more to me than you know."

Hunter nodded smiling as I left his room, no other words exchanged. Just a comfortable silence as I bid him a good night and went to my own bed to sleep.

Hunters pov:

That day, it meant more to me than she would ever know.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 565 25
Y/n L/n, a 'normal' 15 year old girl, best friend and neighbors to Luz Noceda. When she and Luz find themselves in a different realm called The Boi...
621 38 27
π‘Šβ„Žπ‘’π‘› Hunter was young, Emperor Belos declared him as the crown prince of the Boiling Isles-everyone knew that. π»π‘œπ‘€π‘’π‘£π‘’π‘Ÿ, that all change...
50.9K 1.5K 35
A powerless witch? In the emperor's coven? Y/n thought it was impossible, until a very kind person gave her the push she needed. Now, working togethe...
16.6K 614 19
"Why do you even show up at this point?" He chuckled before continuing. "I mean, you're failing nearly every single class you're in! The only classe...