The Start Of Something New (W...

By ShayZayit

Sequel to "Why So Sexy, Miss Evans?" Copyright © 2021 by ShayZayit More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
What About Us? - 1
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40: Finale
A/N, Etc

Chapter 36

9.6K 537 236
By ShayZayit

Our trip didn't last nearly as much as I wanted it to but we had to go back to the real world. Christmas is just around the corner and I've set my mind on accompanying Daniella to her family dinner, I knew that sooner or later that would have to happen... I just didn't expect the later to be so soon.

I'm so nervous I feel like throwing up. Should I act all professional? Should I give them a hug? A kiss? How many of them are going to be there? How many family members does she even have? Shit, I don't even know anything about Christmas itself aside from what I've seen from the cringy Christmas RomComs you get around this time of the year. I don't think they'll be wearing a Santa hat and singing 'Santa Claus is coming to town' while playing the piano, but still.

And to add to my misery, my dad has been blowing up my phone for the past few days — the calls going straight to voicemail and the texts going unanswered. I made the mistake of answering one of them, thinking that maybe the distance would have changed something, but instead getting the news that Denise would be moving into our family house after the holidays instead, and an invitation for diner at the house to meet her son.

I guess it was inevitable. I'm sure she has already pretty much taken over the house anyway, I'm just glad that I wasn't there to see it. But it doesn't change the fact that it's a kick in the gut to see your father prioritize another woman over his child, as much as he denies it.

I wonder if it's best to just give up, and accept the fact that I'll never have a proper relationship with my dad again.

"Are you sure about this?" Daniella asks as she stops the car, looking over at me. "You can change your mind, I won't be upset."

I look up at her house, the driveway already filled with cars. "No, it's fine, I'm fine," I say, giving her a weak smile. "I guess I should just get used to it," I shrug, unbuckling my seatbelt. "Come on."

The inside of the house looks just like last time, minus the giant Christmas tree and the mistletoe hanging from the doorway. I look around the living room, the walls covered with Christmas ornaments, and the smell of pie flooding my nostrils. I can hear the muffled conversations coming from the other room the closer we get.

"You're finally here," her mother says, placing a kiss on my cheek and hugging me tightly. "I was beginning to worry you weren't going to come."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world," I say, putting on my best smile.

"Come on, everyone is crazy to meet you," she says, grabbing my hand and leading me into the main living room where most of her family is. I feel like I'm being judged as they all stare at me, waiting for me to say something.

"Hi," I say awkwardly, waving my hand.

"So, this is the girlfriend we've been hearing so much about," what I'm assuming must be her uncle says, offering me his hand. "I'm Richard."

"Nice to meet you," I reply, shaking his hand.

"You must be Anna," another one says, and before I know it, I'm shaking hands with her entire family. Not all of them were that happy to compliment me but were polite enough to do it regardless, and that's fine by me, to be honest.

"This is a lot," I whisper, leaning against Daniella as everyone goes back to talking amongst themselves, the attention shifting away from me.

"You're doing great," she says, rubbing my shoulder.

"Can we get something to drink? I think I'm going to faint," I say, shaking my head. "Why is it so hot in here?"

She laughs, nodding her head. "Of course," she says, grabbing my hand and leading me towards the kitchen. Once there, and away from everyone's eyes she pulls me in for a soft kiss. "You did great," she says, rubbing our noses together.

"I'm nervous."

"I know," she says, placing another kiss on my lips. "I'd be too if I were in your position."

Overall, it wasn't so bad. I was expecting a lot more prying questions about my relationship with Daniella, but they were surprisingly polite. If anything, I felt more comfortable with them than I do whenever Denise is present, my new stepmother apparently. I'm sure some of them are just putting on a façade for Christmas but that's fine with me. As long as they're polite to me, I'll be polite to them.

"So, what do you do for a living? If you don't mind me asking," one of Daniella's cousins says, taking a sip of her drink.

I look over at Daniella for help but she simply shrugs. "Uh, I'm a florist," I say, biting the inside of my cheek. "I work at a flower shop."

"Oh, that's so interesting," she says, smiling at me. "What made you want to become a florist?"

"My friend's mother owns it, we're working together to hopefully open our own branch," I explain, the tension in my shoulders slowly fading, talking to rich people is tough.

"That's lovely."

"What about you?"

"Oh, I'm not really doing anything these days," she says, waving her hand dismissively. "But my husband is an architect, he's working on a huge project right now."

Goals.

"Must be nice, being a housewife" Daniella butts in. "Even though you don't actually do anything around the house, dear cousin," she says in a sweet tone, the smile on her face almost fake. "How is your husband by the way? I thought you had broken up, something about cheating, I heard."

The woman scoffs, rolling her eyes. "We got back together."

"Oh, I'm so sorry."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," she shakes her head. "It was good talking to you, Anna," she says, turning to me. "You're a sweet girl, we should catch up sometime."

I look over at Daniella, who is sipping her drink and looking away. "Sure, I'd love to," I say, forcing a smile on my face as I watch her walk away. "What was that about?"

"She's so fake it hurts."

I laugh, shaking my head. "She was being nice."

"She was being fake," she says, rolling her eyes. "She doesn't even want to talk to you, she just wants info to gossip about."

"And here I thought I was causing a somewhat good impression," I sigh, shaking my head. "You're so mean though."

"I'm honest."

"Are you now?" I raise my eyebrows. "I've been waiting to meet your niece, is she not here today?"

"Yes, fine, I lied. But can you blame me?" she asks, and I simply shrug.

"I wouldn't have judged you," I say, taking a sip of my drink. "I would have laughed, sure but what do you expect? Slippers? Coming from you? Sounds alien."

"I was 12," she groans.

"Own it," I say, poking her arm gaining an eye roll from her.

"Never."

It's a long day, and by the time we make it into her room, I'm exhausted. I throw myself onto the bed, my eyes closing almost immediately. I feel her lay down next to me, her arm wrapping around my waist as she presses herself against my back. "No stinkies on the bed," she whispers into my ear, tickling me.

"Do I smell that bad?"

"Horribly." I try to roll away from her but she holds onto me, pulling me back into her arms. "Stay," she says, planting a kiss on the back of my neck.

"No, you said I stink."

She hums, pressing her cheek against my shoulder. "I can take it."

"So kind," I say, intertwining our fingers together. "I love you."

"I love you," her warm breath fanning the back of my neck.

"Dani?"

"Yes?"

"I'm happy," I say, turning my head to face her. "Despite everything, I'm happy."

She seems a bit surprised for a second, lost in thought even, before she reaches out to cup my cheek, her lips brushing against mine. "I'm happy too."

We sit in comfortable silence for a minute, basking in each others warms, before I break it. "I'm going to my dad's dinner," I say simply, my voice barely above a whisper.

"Why so suddenly," she ask, plopping herself on her hand, looking down at me with worried eyes.

I shrug, looking up at her. It takes me a second to finally find my words again. "What's the point of delaying it if I know I'm going to have to face this sooner or later? It's better to get it over with. Plus I don't want to have to ignore my father anymore."

"Are you sure?"

I nod my head, sitting up. "As sure as I'll ever be."

"Then I'll go with you."

"No," I say, shaking my head. "Are you crazy?"

"Yeah, it's a little bit crazy," she chuckles.

"Why would you do that?"

"Well," she says, caressing my cheek. "Isn't it going to happen eventually?"

"I mean, yeah but it's not necessary, not right now..." I shake my head. "Give it a year so at least you can get all the bonuses if they fire you."

She laughs, cupping my face. "Uhm, a year then."

"C'mon, let's shower."

A/N: Ever caught yourself wondering how Daniella and Anna would look if they were cats? (Probably not) Well, wonder no more.

As always, thanks for reading, please vote and drop a comment. It will help me a lot more than you might think.

Also, follow me on Twitter and Instagram: shayzayit

Hey guys, if you enjoy my content, please consider supporting what I do on Ko-fi.com/ShayZayit (link on my profile), not only will it give me the motivation to write and create more but it will also help me get my books physically published (these drafts will always stay on Inkitt and Wattpad for free)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4M 160K 113
Connecting to Video Chat... "Hi!" "Oh. Oh my god. Oh god." "What?" "I thought you were a boy." --- all characters and situations in "i thought you w...
4.4M 127K 40
Nicole was one of the schools most popular sought girl. She was easy going, stubborn and full or herself. Emilia was the complete opposite of Nicole...
1.6M 48.9K 121
[first book in the 'sad' series] highest ranking: #8 on short story (omg what. thank u so much. this means a lot. i love you xx) note: if you don't...
150K 905 4
The prequel Perks of dating the student is now out and currently being uploaded in parts, feel free to read in any order :) Perks of dating the teach...