The Dragon Princess

By HeavensAngels_

Jack and Hiccup go on a far away island for their last summer vacation together. On this island stands a ca... More

The Legend
Graduation
Welcome to Winged Island
Rewriting!!
First Day Complaints
Town Meeting
The Big Four: Against All Odds
Dinner With The Queen
Sleeping Princess
Dragon Training
Wakening Kiss
Listening In
Announcement
New Book!!! (And Help!!)
Royal Ball
A Walk Around the Village
A Glimpse Into The Past
A Date With The Queen
Flood of Memories
Change Is In The Air
Author's Question
Unknown Growing Feelings
Trust and Comfort
Crafting Protection
Change Of Heart
Fresh Changes
Truth Behind Actions
A Gift With Feelings
Romantic Flight
Proper Goodbye
Worried Feeling
Protection and Worry
Moving In With Him
Romantic Night
Confessions
Now or Never
Unexpected Surprise
He's Here?!
Hiccup Meets Hiccup
Accepting the Reason
Major Changes
Reassurance and Curiosity
Getting to Know Each Other
A Talk With The Queen
It's Your Birthday
Celebration Set-Up
Birthday Celebrations
Making Decisions
Prepping for a Surprise
Telling Him
New Possibilities
Needs to be Done

Thinking Emotions

54 5 1
By HeavensAngels_

Jack's P.O.V.

When Hiccup left to return to work, I was left in my own thoughts. Most of the conversation revolved around me and having to call my aunt. He said that he'd stop by the castle tonight and make sure he's there when I call her. Apparently, he wanted me to do it on my own, letting me have some space to speak with her privately. But I've been too stubborn. I had to figure out how he knew I hadn't called her, and through some questioning, realized Elsa talked to him. I didn't know whether to be upset that she brought him into this or in awe that she worries over me.

Once work was done for the day, I started the trek toward the castle. The entire way, I think about every time I've told my aunt something she didn't like. When I told her I wanted to start a band with Hiccup, she was furious, saying that I wouldn't be able to do my homework or anything else besides it. It took a month for me to prove to her that I'd be able to do my homework, spend time with her, go shopping, and do other things while being in the band. She still wasn't happy with it, but at least she wasn't fighting me at that point.

I know why my aunt reacts the way she does. All her reasons are understandable, especially since she's raised me from such a young age, but I can't help but feel like she needs to accept my choices. I'm old enough to figure things out on my own, yet she still sees me as a kid who lost his parents. It takes a week of arguing before she starts seeing my side of things. And she's not even truly seeing my perspective. She usually just gives up after a week of not budging from my end. It's no fun.

For my entire life, I've let her take the lead, stepping out only when I know there's something I want. But I'm scared that stepping away from her dream of my college education is going to burn our family bridge to the ground. Even though I need to make my feelings known to her, I still feel like there's a chance she won't ever agree with them.

I groan to myself as my thoughts start to consume me. I want to be a good nephew for my aunt but that might mean I wouldn't be able to stay here with Elsa. And I want to be here with Elsa, to be the boyfriend she deserves. Is it too much to ask for both of them to be happy while I get my way?

Coming to a stop, I close my eyes to take a deep breath. I can't let these thoughts get to my head. They will only consume me and keep me from doing what needs to be done. After one final deep breath, I open my eyes and continue on my path.

It doesn't take long to reach the castle. Nodding to only those I pass by, I walk in and head straight to my room. I close the door once I'm in, walk over to my bedside table, and pull out my phone. I stare at it, hoping it will make the call for me. No matter how long I stare at it, it still doesn't do what I want it to.

I should be okay once the phone starts ringing, but it's getting to that part that's the issue.

Releasing a sigh, I fall back and look at the blank ceiling. Once again, my mind begins to wonder about the different ways the conversation with my aunt could go. Each one makes me want to avoid the call even more. With a sigh, I rub my face as I try to think of anything besides my future phone call. I just need to clear my mind. Think of something else besides the impending phone call I need to make. Maybe if I think or do something else for a little bit, it'll be easier to make the call. At least I hope it is.

I get to my feet and hide my phone in the bedside table before leaving my room to head straight out into the garden. Following the well-kept trail, I enter the woods. The trail continues, leading me to a stream. The sound floats through the air as I get closer, making it the only thing to fill my thoughts. With a slight smile, I walk over and kneel, placing my hand in the water.

The coolness of the liquid flows up through my arm, causing me to release a sigh. I kick off my shoes and step into the stream, letting the water run across my toes up to my ankle. Closing my eyes, I immediately think of the different films where there's always a girl with her feet in the water. A laugh escapes me as I open my eyes, thinking of how I gave myself a moment to be a woman.

Keeping my feet submerged, I sit down on a nearby rock and take a deep breath in. I take in the space around me, thinking about all the different memories one could make at this spot. I could even plan a future date here with Elsa. I'm sure she'd love it. I know I would. Though, then again, I'd be happy anywhere as long as I was with her. A smile crosses my thought as I think about the next date we could do. I think I'll bring her here with a basket of goodies. We could let the water cover our feet as we discuss all kinds of things. Things that drift in and out of our minds. We could even discuss the basic things we want in life and things we wish the future holds. So many things. The more I think about it the more I get excited. This is definitely going to be our next date.

With a grin on my face, I step out of the stream and slip my shoes back on. I head back to the castle and think about when this date can happen. If I'm lucky, we can have it tomorrow. If that's the case, I better start planning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Astrid's P.O.V.

After spending the day with Elsa, I went home to change for dinner. Hiccup and I will join Jack and Elsa for dinner, upon their request. Or more on my sister's request. I don't mind though, I'd like to see my sister as much as possible before I leave with Hiccup in a few weeks.

As I finish braiding my hair, I hear the front door open. Stepping out of my room, I walk toward the railing and look down. Hiccup takes off his shoes as he releases a sigh. I watch as he runs a soot-covered hand through his messy hair.

"Hey," I call out, leaning against the railing.

Hearing the sound of my voice, he looks up. A smile crosses his face, removing any stress that was there moments earlier. "Hello, M'lady. How was your day?"

"It was pretty good. I got to spend some time with Elsa," I say, walking down the stairs.

I stop at the last step, standing at eye level with Hiccup.

"That's good," He responds, smiling. He wraps his arms around me, pulling me close. "I'm glad you got to spend some time with her."

"Me too," I smile. "Speaking of which, you should go change. We're having dinner at the castle tonight, remember?"

He nods slowly. "Yeah, I remember."

We stand there quietly for a moment before he leans in, planting his lips against mine. I return it with a smile. The moment we pull away, he lifts me up, earning him a squeal, before setting me down. He gives me a quick kiss before letting go.

"I'm going to go freshen up. I'll be right back."

I nod and watch as he goes up the stairs and enters his room. I return to my room quickly after to grab my shoes. With one final look at myself, I head back downstairs and give Toothless a pet. He purrs under my touch, happy to have some love.

About fifteen minutes later, Hiccup comes downstairs wearing a fresh pair of clothes. Soot no longer covers his hands or his features. Toothless gets up from his spot and walks over to Hiccup, wanting some love from him. Hiccup smiles and gives him a few scratches. Purrs fill the room as Toothless gives a gummy smile once he's done.

"Are you ready?" Hiccup asks, walking over to help me up.

I nod. "Yes, I am."

Grabbing my hand, he guides me outside, Toothless following after us. He helps me on Toothless first before getting on himself. I wrap my arms around his waist as he smiles at me and takes off.

Once we arrive at the castle, we hop off Toothless and head inside. Walking into the seating room, I am greeted by my sister and Jack himself. With a smile, I walk over and hug Elsa as Hiccup walks over to Jack. The two of them start talking with one another on the other side of the room. Letting the two do their thing, I sit with Elsa on the couch.

"So, how was your afternoon?" I ask, wanting to start a conversation.

"As uneventful as always," She giggles, "Nothing too major to do. Just said hi to some of the townsfolk before returning to my office to get some work done."

"So a standard day then?" I ask.

She nods and smiles at me. "Yes, very standard. What about you? What did you do today?"

"After hanging with you, I went for a walk and took care of something at the house. I even thought about preparing to leave with Hiccup. Though, I don't even know what to pack or what to bring. I don't think I know anything about Hiccup's world," I explain, thinking about how different my life will be once I leave. I don't know much about Hiccup's world except that he's going to be a chief. But that's it. Nothing else.

Elsa smiles as she gently squeezes my hand. "That's alright. Ask Hiccup. I'm sure he'd be happy to help you. Besides, I'm sure he could give you an idea of what things are like down there."

"Yeah, you're right," I agree. "I'll just have to ask him. But he's been so busy with work and once he's home, we're usually coming here or spending time with one another. He almost has no time."

"He has more time for you than you think, Astrid," she says, looking at me. "You can ask him tonight at dinner if you'd like. I can even bring it up. I'm sure Jack wouldn't mind budding into the conversation."

"But what if I'm scared?"

"Astrid Hofferson, scared?" She asks, feigning surprise.

"Yes, scared," I mumble.

"Why would you be scared?"

I shrug, "Maybe because I don't know anything about where he comes from? I don't know what things are like there. Besides, what would his parents think if they saw him bring home a girl? A girl who dresses differently than them and knows absolutely nothing about what they talk about."

Elsa's features soften as she takes hold of my hand. "It's okay to be scared, Astrid." Her voice is soft and quiet, just like the whispers in the wind. "After being asleep for 200 years, you're jumping into something you've never done before. You've never left this island, this life. Now you can. You get to do all the things you've dreamed of doing. And you get to do all of it with a person you love."

I glance down at our hands, gripping hers tightly. She's right, I get to travel the world with the man I love. And I know that he's not going to leave me stranded or in a deep sleep. But I can't help but feel scared. It's to a place I've never been before in a world I know nothing about. How am I not supposed to feel scared by that prospect? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! 

I apologize for the LONG break. Things in my life got busy and my mind grew empty. Though, hopefully, I'll be able to figure out how to finish this story. Especially, if I have your help. 

If you have any ideas, please leave them in the comments! Or send me a message. I love to hear them.

No questions today except, what do you want to see in the next chapter?

I'll see everyone soon! 

I love and thank you all, 

~~HeavensAngel_😇

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

704K 16.2K 57
It's the story of a young Viking. Actually, he isn't that young anymore. He's 23 years old now. His name is Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III. 8 years ag...
45.8K 1K 15
This is a Hiccstrid fanfic based off of our average fairytale: 'Beauty and the Beast' I do not own anything related to Dreamworks or Disney! All I o...
101K 2.9K 33
This story is of how Hiccup and the team are 20 years old now, Hiccup has his own place as does his team. After Hiccup and astrid start to date a new...
166K 3.4K 27
Hiccup and Astrid where once old friends at the age of 6 years, what happens one day after 9 years of not talking to each other, hiccup has enough of...