A sickly and beautiful girl i...

By Demens88d

Summary too long. read it in the first chapter. NOT MINE MTL (no editing) NO VOTING http://www.fuxsb.com/chua... More

Summary + Chapter 1-5
Chapter 6-10
Chapter 11-15
Chapter 16-20
Chapter 21-25
Chapter 26-30
Chapter 31-35
Chapter 36-40
Chapter 41-45
Chapter 46-50
Chapter 51-55
Chapter 56-60
Chapter 66-70
Chapter 71-75
Chapter 76-80
Chapter 81-85
Chapter 86-90
Chapter 91-95
Chapter 96-100
Chapter 101-105
Chapter 106-110
Chapter 111-115
Chapter 116-120
Chapter 121-125
Chapter 126-130
Chapter 131-135
Chapter 136-140
Chapter 141-145
Chapter 146-150
Chapter 151-155
Chapter 156-160
Chapter 161-165
Chapter 166-170
Chapter 171-175
Chapter 176-180
Chapter 181-185
Chapter 186-190
Chapter 191-195
Chapter 196-200
Chapter 201-205
Chapter 206-210
Chapter 211-215
Chapter 216-220
Chapter 221-225

Chapter 61-65

26 1 0
By Demens88d

 But this did not affect his idea of ​​taking Li Yingchi away at all.

  "If that's the case, then Bai Yunchuan will naturally be responsible for the family affairs."

  Jiang Xunmo lowered his body slightly and closed the distance between the two again.

  A strand of hair that was tied up regularly fell down in front of him as he moved, bringing with it a light bamboo fragrance.

  From this angle, Li Yingchi's eyes were level with Jiang Xunmo's, and he could look straight into his eyes when he raised his eyes.

  Those narrow eyes were slightly curved, and the ink-like pupils were filled with soft light.

  Li Yingchi could even see clearly what he looked like now through his eyes.

  It was obviously still his own face, but when looking at it through other people's eyes, Li Yingchi felt inexplicably strange.

  He lowered his head suddenly as if he had been burned, and struggled slightly to pull his hand back, "Well, I..."

  Mistaking this as a sign of rejection and fearing that his actions would make the young man feel uncomfortable, Jiang Xunmo hurriedly let go.

  When he spoke again, his calm tone also contained some subtle prayers.

  "Sorry... I just want to say that you don't need to worry about things at home, just come with me."

  "If you are worried, I will ask someone to help you regularly."

  With such a good condition, no one would refuse it.

  Being able to gain connections with high-ranking officials in the village, and being able to follow them to a good place like the county town to go to school for free, not to mention whether he can help take care of the house or not, in comparison, just a few acres of ruins It would not be a pity to lose the fields and the old house.

  If the original owner were here, he would have probably agreed, and only a fool would refuse.

  But Li Yingchi is not the original owner after all.

  Even if he needs to maintain his character of being greedy for petty gains, at times like this he can't help but think of the original plot.

  As one of the male protagonists, Jiang Xunmo is the future prime minister who helps the prince Bai Yunchuan regain his identity in the subsequent world line and put the story line back on track. However, he is just a farmer who will be cannon fodder in the early stage.

  They are not the same person, and even have opposite identities, so the sword will eventually point towards themselves.

  Even though Li Yingchi knew that Jiang Xunmo was a gentleman and had always been gentle and tolerant towards him, he could not help but worry about the outcome after what he had done was exposed.

  Moreover, there is no such story in the original plot.

  Why did Jiang Xunmo suddenly invite him to study in the county?

  After several conjectures in his mind, he still had no clue. Li Yingchi frowned in confusion, instinctively wanting to refuse his invitation.

  "Brother Xunmo, this is not good..."

  He wanted to say that he couldn't take advantage of Jiang Xunmo like this.

  But due to personal restrictions, the words were on his lips and he couldn't say the reason for a long time.

  The room was silent for a long time, and the neglected paper on the table fell to the ground silently.

  The wet ink stains on the clumsy handwriting stained the other white paper into a mess at some point, and no one cared.

  Jiang Xunmo was not in a hurry and just looked at Li Yingchi quietly.

  When a teenager is nervous, he has some bad habits that he doesn't even know about.

  The slender eyelashes trembled violently, casting dancing shadows on her fair cheeks, fluttering like butterfly wings.

  "What's wrong?" Jiang Xunmo frowned and sighed helplessly, "Do you still need to be polite in our relationship? Xiaochi calls me brother, and I should take on the responsibility of brother. "

  "Could it be that Xiaochi doesn't believe me?"

  He seemed to suddenly realize it, and then he turned his face away sadly, looking as if he was hurt, as if Li Yingchi was really a younger brother who didn't know how to be considerate of his elder brother.

  A little clumsy, but enough to deceive Li Yingchi.

  Because of his health, Li Yingchi rarely went out when he was in the original world.

  He didn't know many people around him, and he didn't even have many friends, so he always cherished his friends.

  Li Yingchi knew in his heart that Jiang Xunmo was kind to him, and after getting along with him for a period of time, he already regarded him as a friend.

  Hearing such a sentence all of a sudden, I couldn't resist it for a while.

  He immediately panicked and hurriedly pulled on Jiang Xunmo's clothes, "No, how could I..."

  Jiang Xunmo remained unmoved and lowered his eyes, still not looking at him. "Then why didn't Xiaochi agree to my promise? Did I not do enough?"

  Li Yingchi didn't dare to say it was because of the plot line, so he explained hesitantly: "No, it's not because of you..."

  Before he could organize his words, footsteps suddenly came from outside the study door.

  There was a knock on the door, followed by a soft female voice: "Cousin."

  Su Mingyue came specifically to complain to Jiang Xunmo today.

  She has been familiar with poetry and classics since she was a child, and after she became wise, she wanted to pursue a free life.

  Such a maverick personality gave the Su family a headache. Seeing that Su Mingyue had reached the age of marriage, they thought of finding a husband for her so that she would feel at ease and not behave like that daughter's family again. What not to do.

  The Su family showed her a well-matched match, and within a few days that person came to propose marriage.

  But how could Su Mingyue agree?

  Not to mention her unwillingness to accept a marriage that would confine her. Even if she wanted to get married, she had already met a like-minded young man in private school.

  It's just that the young master's family is poor, and the Su family doesn't agree.

  The most important thing is that the young master still doesn't know that Su Mingyue is happy with him.

  Therefore, Su Mingyue is still in the pursuit stage. The fact that a woman pursues a man is extremely shocking no matter where it is placed.

  The last time she came to Jiang Xunmo was to ask for a book that the young master had liked for a long time.

  Such bold behavior changed Jiang Xunmo's view of her a lot, and he admired her for daring to pursue her own heart, and agreed to help her without further questioning.

  Since then, Su Mingyue began to regard her cousin as a close friend who talked about everything.

  This time, there was probably another conflict with Father Su and Mother Su.

  As expected, after leaving the maid outside the door, she started to complain as soon as she closed the door, "Cousin, you don't even know how arrogant that family is."

  "I didn't agree, so he dared to send me a betrothal gift. It's only a dozen gold. What does he really think of himself..."

  She was talking enthusiastically, but as soon as she turned around, Su Mingyue met a curious gaze.

  The words she wanted to say suddenly stuck in her mouth. Su Mingyue looked at Li Yingchi's confused face, pursed her lips and smiled awkwardly.

  She didn't expect that there was someone else in Jiang Xunmo's study, and she didn't turn around for a moment, completely losing her previous demure look.

  Seeing the two of them looking at her together, Su Mingyue had no choice but to quickly retract her stride, twirled her handkerchief, pretended to be calm and asked, "Is this...? I seem to have seen you before."

  Li Yingchi recognized at a glance that this was the beautiful sister he had met last time. When he saw her taking the initiative to talk to him, his heart beat faster unconsciously.

  Just as he was about to answer, he was interrupted.

  "Um."

  Unable to get a definite answer from Li Yingchi, Jiang Xunmo answered absentmindedly, "Xiaochi is a good friend of mine and has been here before."

  As soon as Su Mingyue sat down, she saw Jiang Xunmo bending down to pick up the copybook on the ground.

  Judging from the handwriting, the copybook was probably not written by my cousin, so...

  After the panic just now subsided, Su Mingyue gradually relaxed. Her eyes gradually moved upward along Jiang Xunmo's movements, and then she realized that the two people in front of her were sitting very close to each other.

  It was so close... Su Mingyue couldn't describe it for a moment.

  There was obviously no contact between the two, but she just felt that the boy was completely enveloped by her cousin, making it impossible for anyone to intervene.

  Jiang Xunmo put the copybook away and glanced at Su Mingyue who was sitting dry. "If you have something to say, just tell me. Don't worry about Xiaochi."

  Hearing this, Li Yingchi's face turned slightly pink, and his sitting posture became more obedient.

  "Sigh... I'm not from that family. They thought I would agree to the marriage after paying the betrothal gift."

  Su Mingyue opened and closed her mouth, trying her best to control herself, but after a while she still couldn't hold it back.

  She was so angry today that she was too lazy to maintain her grace. When she opened her mouth, she cursed angrily, "I don't like him, and I don't care about anything he gives me! The same goes for my parents. They were impressed by a betrothal gift of more than ten gold. I really don't like it." Understand what they think."

  "I didn't agree, and they almost grounded me. I had no choice but to come to see you, cousin. After all, my parents can only listen to you, brother Jin."

  "Brother, you must help me. Let me be with someone I don't like. You might as well just let me go wandering."

  After she complained, Li Yingchi only understood the first half.

  Probably the beautiful sister didn't care about the betrothal gift of more than ten gold, and she didn't like that person, so she came to Jiang Xunmo to help persuade her parents.

  Li Yingchi listened quietly, and his thoughts gradually went to a strange place.

 Then if he gets married in the future, he should prepare the betrothal gift in advance. According to the beautiful sister, a dozen gold should be nothing, so he should prepare more.

  But how much is ten gold?

  In this world, Li Yingchi is a greedy and stingy little farmer, and his family is impoverished.

  He has been in this world for so long that he has never even touched money. He had no idea about money for a while. While the brother and sister were discussing, he quickly called out the system, "Mr. System, how much is a dozen gold?"

  "Or to put it another way, how much gold do I have now?"

  "The host is now." The system paused, "The host now has 0.00002 gold."

  As soon as the words fell, everyone fell into silence.

  The expression on Li Yingchi's face stopped for a moment, and he fell into an unexpected despair called poverty.

  He probably knew that he didn't have much money because of his status, but he didn't know that he had no money to this extent.

  "Mr. System...can I promise Jiang Xunmo to go to the county town to study?"

  The system replied: "The host can act according to the personality."

  Although he spoke vaguely and did not give an accurate answer, a new side mission popped up in the next second——

  [Side mission: Pawn Bai Yunchuan's personal jade pendant in a pawnshop in Guqiu County. (Completed 0/1 times)]

  "The jade pendant is worth thirty-seven gold." The system added thoughtfully.

  Everything clearly reveals the answer to the boy's question.

  After accepting Su Mingyue's request, Jiang Xunmo directly asked his servants to bring Su Mingyue a guest room. In order to avoid people, Su Mingyue would probably be hiding here for a while.

  Weddings are always extremely troublesome.

  Words such as parents' orders and matchmaker's words have been attached to too many false theories, and gradually turned into a false but strong chain, imprisoning many people's thoughts and the rest of their lives.

  Jiang Xunmo could only try his best to persuade Su Fusu's mother.

  With a slight sigh, Jiang Xunmo pinched his eyebrows tiredly, but his other hand was suddenly held.

  He was stunned, and when he realized it was Li Yingchi, he asked softly, "What's wrong?"

  "I want to." Li Yingchi raised his eyes to Jiang Xunmo, then quickly lowered his eyes. He himself felt embarrassed for his repeated words, "I want to go to the county town to study with you."

Chapter 49 The Stingy Little Farmer (Twenty-Seven)

  Guqiu County is one of the richest counties in this continent.

  There is the largest market here, with people coming from all over the world. It is a paradise for traders of all sizes.

  It is also the market most frequently visited by villagers in Tianping Village.

  Even if the distance between Guqiu County and Tianping Village is dozens of miles, if the villagers want to go home for dinner, they must get up before four o'clock and head to the market.

  The slightly long distance is no match for the villagers' eagerness to improve their lives at home.

  They are more eager to transport fresh prey or mature crops at home to the market in order to exchange for more money and buy more useful things for their families.

  The most hard-working person among the group was Bai Yunchuan, who had recently joined the ranks.

  In the past few days, before dawn, Bai Yunchuan followed the villagers to Guqiu County.

  But while it was already difficult for others to walk with bamboo baskets on their backs, Bai Yunchuan walked faster and faster with a fully loaded bamboo basket on his back and several large bags of packed vegetables in both hands.

  Originally the leader was another villager, but after Bai Yunchuan memorized the road in the past few days, he gradually took over the leader's position.

  He is strong, young and powerful. Even if he gets up at 4 a.m. and walks dozens of miles, he seems to have endless energy. Sometimes the villagers can't keep up with him.

  In the lively market, vendors sit in groups on the street, shouting, and vigorously promote their products.

  Bai Yunchuan followed the villagers to find an open space and laid out the things he brought one by one for others to choose from.

  When women passing by on the market saw him, they stopped one after another and couldn't stop looking at him.

  Some boldly took advantage of the break to pick vegetables and gossiped, "You are so handsome, where are you from? I see you every day in the market recently."

  He has good looks, outstanding physical condition, coupled with his refreshing energy when working, and he is definitely a popular wedding person. Recently, too many such guests like to chase him and ask questions.

  At first, Bai Yunchuan maintained his usual friendly appearance, but after a while he became impatient and scared many people away with his cold face.

  Later, the villagers persuaded me that customers would not dare to come and buy their things, so I occasionally responded with a sentence or two.

  Although it is still not enthusiastic enough, it will not scare away the customers.

  "Tapira Village."

  "Oh, that's strange. It's not easy to come here every day." The woman looked him up and down with squinted eyes and sighed casually.

  Bai Yunchuan remained silent.

  The woman flipped through the things on the ground with her fingers and asked again: "Young man, how old are you this year? Did your family see a girl for you?"

  Bai Yunchuan paused, "...early 20s, already engaged."

  The woman lost some interest when she heard what he said.

  She saw that this young man was handsome and looked much more comfortable than those other young men. She also wanted to be a matchmaker for her niece.

  It's just a pity, this guy has his heart set on something, and judging by his appearance, he probably likes her very much.

  The woman laughed, "We're already engaged. At your age, you just got engaged not long ago, right?"

  "It wasn't long after we decided." Bai Yunchuan's expression remained unchanged.

  "I'm just telling you, otherwise you guys should have gotten married a long time ago. Is your wife willing to let you come to such a far place every day?" The woman seemed to understand. She glanced at the meat on the stall for a few times and chose A few skinny pieces.

  Bai Yunchuan lowered his head to pack the meat for her, and his handsome eyebrows bent unconsciously, "If you want to make money, save more gifts, and build a new house for your family, you have to go out to make money."

  Before the woman could answer, he handed the bag to her and added, "So this journey is not far at all for me."

  Every time I come here, it's like walking on the Magpie Bridge. Once you walk there, you get closer to him.

  People were coming and going, shouting and shouting, and it was afternoon in the blink of an eye.

  The items on Bai Yunchuan's stall have almost been sold, and it's time to go home.

  He was packing the bamboo basket, thinking of bringing some fresh things back to entertain people, when a shadow suddenly fell in front of him.

  A group of people wearing brocade clothes and carrying swords rode horses on the long street, blocking most of the sun that shone on Bai Yunchuan.

  They came in a hurry, and when they stopped, dust was flying around them, and there was a faint aura of murder lingering about them. You could tell at a glance whether they were easy characters to mess with.

  At this time, their eyes were all falling on Bai Yunchuan.

  If you observe carefully, you can see the undisguised passion in the eyes of this group of people.

  The lively streets suddenly became quiet as they arrived.

  The pedestrians dispersed, and the villagers who were traveling with Bai Yunchuan stood aside tremblingly, asking, "Are these gentlemen here to see Little Brother Bai?"

  When everyone on the horse heard his address, they all frowned and looked at the villager who made the noise, and then observed Bai Yunchuan's face without any trace.

  The villagers thought that the name they called them was not nice enough, so they added a few more polite words with pale faces.

  The atmosphere in the market became increasingly weird.

  While others hurriedly stood up and hid, Bai Yunchuan was not affected at all and remained seated.

  It seemed that he was not sitting on the ground in a busy alley, but was invited to a banquet.

  He calmly put the things on the stall back into the bamboo basket one by one, and saw a group of familiar faces that he hadn't seen for a long time, and there wasn't much emotion on his face.

  He only raised his head slightly to look at the group of people, his dark eyes without warmth in the sunlight.

  Some time ago, Bai Yunchuan recovered his memory.

  He accepted everything quickly during his amnesia.

  According to the past style of the King of Southern Qi, he would leave this place as soon as he regained his memory, and then use some means to make those who deceive him suffer without having to take action personally.

  But for some reason, he stayed by accident.

  He also followed the example of other farmers and did farm work, hunting, and drying grain for the young man at home, as if he had truly become a part of his family.

  He even foolishly wanted to be nicer to the boy and wanted to live like this with Li Yingchi.

  This doesn't look like something a prince at the center of power would do.

  But he didn't leave after all.

  Seeing his confidants appear together with the prince's subordinates, Bai Yunchuan instantly understood the current situation.

  When he came to Guqiu County, he did not deliberately cover his whereabouts. He knew that the prince would send people to look for him, and it was only a matter of time before his men found him.

  I just didn't expect that Guqiu County had such a large flow of people and they would come so quickly.

  There was a hint of struggle in the man's eyes, but it disappeared in the blink of an eye.

  What he decides will never change.

  The next moment, the leader Huaixu took the lead to get off his horse, and the others followed him and walked up to Bai Yunchuan, bending down to salute respectfully.

  "Goodbye..."

  Before the words 'King of Southern Qi' could be uttered, Huai Xu was helped up by Bai Yunchuan, "Long time no see, Huai Xu."

  "If anything else, let's talk elsewhere."

  He casually raised the corner of his mouth towards the waiting villagers, "I'm sorry everyone, old friends are here to get together. I will go back later today, so you don't have to wait for me."

  Even though he was carrying a backpack full of groceries and wearing coarse linen clothes, it still couldn't hide the innate nobility between his brows. An ordinary sentence uttered by Bai Yunchuan seemed to be a reward to them. He was a superior. The author's unique arrogance.

  "Ah, ah, okay, okay."

  The villagers were stunned for a moment, nodded quickly, and watched the group of people enter the tea house.

  Since Bai Yunchuan disappeared, His Highness the Crown Prince has sent out all available forces to find his whereabouts, and his own confidants are also searching for him sleeplessly.

  As soon as they received the news that Bai Yunchuan had appeared in Guqiu County, they rushed over in unison.

  "His Royal Highness the Crown Prince stayed in the palace to deal with previous matters and did not come this time. However, the carriage is ready. As long as the prince is ready to return to the palace, we can set off at any time."

  Huaixu handed the brewed tea to Bai Yunchuan, worried about whether his prince had suffered during the period of his disappearance, and his words revealed that he couldn't wait to send him back to the palace.

  "My lord, are you injured? How are you doing? Have you been in Guqiu County during this time?"

  He asked a series of countless questions, and Bai Yunchuan frowned and picked a few answers.

  "No injuries."

  "In a nearby village."

  Finally, he put down the tea cup in his hand, and the porcelain cup collided with the wooden table, making a crisp sound.

  Facing everyone's surprised looks, Bai Yunchuan said calmly:

  "I won't go back for a while."

  -

  This street near the Guqiu County Market is prosperous, and all kinds of shops are close together.

  The teahouse is located at the entrance of the market, where people coming and going can rest and have a sip of tea when they are tired from shopping.

  Bai Yunchuan walked out of the teahouse and went directly back to the market.

  Halfway through the road, his eyes were suddenly attracted and he stopped in front of a shop with a somewhat gaudy decoration.

  His wheat-colored knuckles were slightly curled, he pointed at a strand of white cloth, and asked a little unfamiliarly: "What... is this?"

  The long strip of white and transparent fabric looks so fragile that it will fall apart if pulled, but hanging there, the fluttering look is somewhat beautiful.

  It could be classified as a useless object at a glance. Bai Yunchuan stared at it for a few seconds, but couldn't move away.

  "Oh, you are really discerning. This is the most popular hair accessory among girls now."

  When the lady boss saw the guest, she enthusiastically took off the white and transparent hair tie, held it in her hands, and showed the golden thread hidden in it in the sun.

  "Look, how beautiful it is. This hairband is tied to your hair. When you move around, it will float like a butterfly."

  Headband?

  Bai Yunchuan lowered his eyelashes and went through Li Yingchi's half-bundled hair in his mind. His ears blushed slightly, "Do people like this nowadays?"

  "Hey, that's right! They all said..."

  Before the landlady could continue to praise the hair tie, Bai Yunchuan had already thought about the best place for the hair tie.

  He raised his eyebrows and interrupted, "Wrap it up for me."

  Li Yingchi would probably like it, right? This headband... suits him perfectly.

  Bai Yunchuan didn't worry too much about this. For him, he only needed to deliver the good things to Li Yingchi. As for whether to keep them or not, let Li Yingchi decide for himself. He would not interfere.

  Before returning to Tianping Village, Bai Yunchuan walked around the market.

  He looked at everything carefully, looking up and down at each stall with his dark eyes. It didn't look like he was going shopping, but like he was making some important decisions. Yandan listens

  Huaixu and the others completely ignored Bai Yunchuan's order to go back and secretly stood by the window of the teahouse and looked down.

  Seeing his prince expressionlessly packaging some toys and snacks that looked exquisite and beautiful... In short, it didn't look like they were toys and snacks that King Nan Qi would like. A group of people's eyes suddenly widened, as if they had seen a ghost in the daytime. of panic.

  They looked at each other for a few moments, and a possibility flashed in their minds.

  Could it be that during the period when the prince disappeared, he found a wife for them to come back...

  The orange sunset gradually enveloped the earth. In the evening, every household was preparing for dinner, preparing to reward themselves after a busy day.

  If you get close, you can even hear the chopping sound of a kitchen knife hitting a chopping board from inside the house.

  The sounds of children playing and the aroma of food are intertwined in this small countryside.

  In the yard, the old man enjoying the cool air was fanning himself with a smile, feeling the ordinary happiness at this moment.

  The villagers who followed Bai Yunchuan to Guqiu County had already returned home. They were chatting in groups of twos and twos as they passed the main road in the village carrying empty bamboo baskets. The sound of conversation reached their ears from time to time.

  But Bai Yunchuan never returned.

  While he was busy with his head down, Li Yingchi looked out the window a few times, but did not see the figure he was looking for.

  At this time, the lively scenes of the surrounding people made the courtyard of the Li family feel particularly quiet.

  Li Yingchi's movements on his hands paused, and he suddenly felt that something was missing from his home.

  He touched the few copper coins in his hand uncomfortably. After thinking for a moment, he attributed the strange feeling to the mission.

  Perhaps it was him who couldn't wait to pawn the jade pendant.

  The young man's delicate brows frowned unconsciously, and they relaxed again only after he put the copper coins in his hand into the small money bag and weighed it.

  Li Yingchi could be said to be completely broke in this world. Even the so-called money bag in his hand was a bag he just found randomly.

  He was shocked by the betrothal gift of more than ten gold today. He had a depressed face. As soon as he got home, he rummaged through the boxes and cabinets to count his savings.

  After searching for a long time, I only found a few copper coins from the depths of the cabinet.

  The only source of weight in the money bag was the pieces of broken silver that Bai Yunchuan had handed over to him in the past few days. The few copper coins he had in his hand were as light as if they were not there.

  It is really appropriate to describe Li Yingchi's current situation as a family with four walls.

  Although the original owner was stingy and greedy for money, most of what he could get in a small village was just stuff to make people talk. He didn't even see much money in a year, but he didn't do the work himself and didn't make a penny.

  The few copper coins left at home were left to him by his adoptive father who was frugal and frugal.

  Li Yingchi pursed his lips and made up his mind to go to the county to study hard. Then he lowered his head and started to read, muttering to himself: "What if there is still money that slips through the net?"

Chapter 50 The Stingy Little Farmer (Twenty-Eight)

  As the night grew darker, the wooden door of the house was gently pushed open.

  The dim yellow candlelight in the room flowed with the air and slowly leaked out of the crack of the door, revealing the tall silhouette of the person hiding in the night.

  Bai Yunchuan had just returned from Guqiu County on foot. From afternoon to evening, the sultry weather made him sweat uncontrollably.

  The gray-white cloth he had worn all day was soaked with sweat. It rose and fell with the man's breathing, and clung tightly to his waist and abdomen, clearly outlining the muscle lines in his abdomen.

  A bunch of small gifts he bought for Li Yingchi were thoughtfully placed in the bamboo basket behind his back.

  Both ends of his shoulders were strangled by the straps of the bamboo basket. He had been out in the wind and sun for a day. At this time, he was bearing the heavy weight of the basket. His posture was still standard and straight, and his waist was only tightened with a long piece of cloth to serve as a belt. .

  It was obviously such a rough and simple outfit and his embarrassing state, but at first glance, it made his figure with wide shoulders and narrow waist more eye-catching.

  The wildness that has experienced battlefield fighting is now vividly displayed in this male body.

  He just pushed open the wooden door, and the muscles in his arms bulged obviously during the movement. They were full and tough, and seemed to contain extremely strong energy, which was intimidating.

  The old house was in disrepair, and when the door was opened, the rotten wood scraped against each other, making a few dry sounds.

  It's so finely chopped that it really attracts attention in a room that's not that spacious.

  Inside the room, Li Yingchi was sitting on his knees beside the bed, clumsily rummaging through the pockets of old clothes that had been dusty in the closet for many years.

  Ignoring the system's dissuasion, I stubbornly tried to find a few windfalls in a home that had no smell of money.

  Following the sound, Li Yingchi turned to look at the door, and the hair behind him slid smoothly to his chest.

  His ignorant gaze first fell on the drop of sweat sliding down the man's chin, and then he raised his eyes to meet the man's smiling gaze, his eyebrows slightly curved, "You're back."

 The wood chips produced by the friction were scattered on the ground, and the moving wind caused them to roll randomly on the ground.

  I don't know when it brushed past Bai Yunchuan's feet, instantly staining the originally clean trousers. The stain looked extremely annoying, but no one cared about it.

  Because the master's mind has completely left this place.

  The home has always been simple, with few decorations and only some basic furniture. It is so empty that one can clearly see everything in the home at a glance.

  The candles that were lit were bought by Li Yingchi himself, and one copper coin could be exchanged for a large bag.

  Not to mention quality, at best affordable.

  Because after it is lit, the light seems to only illuminate the size of a dining table, and the rest of the place is dim and cannot be seen clearly.

  When Bai Yunchuan entered, Li Yingchi sat in the only bright spot.

  The young man was sitting on the bed. His black hair was half tied and half loose. When it was draped on his delicate shoulders, it looked like a layer of black silk that had not yet fallen. There was a large pile of clothes beside him for some reason.

  Some were the boy's own, but more of them were Bai Yunchuan's clothes.

  At first glance, the boy seemed to be completely surrounded by Bai Yunchuan's clothes.

  Bai Yunchuan's breath was suffocated.

  Even though he knew that his clothes had been washed long ago and only the smell of soap remained, he could not help but start fantasizing.

  The treasure that was hidden by oneself finally had its own label printed on it. From beginning to end, every place was a zone where others were not allowed to pry.

  After noticing Bai Yunchuan's arrival, Li Yingchi turned to look at him. Under the candlelight, the young man's hair was filled with luster, and suddenly poured down like running water.

  The next moment, Bai Yunchuan suddenly broke into the young man's clear eyes.

  Under the erratic light, his figure was clearly reflected in the young man's eyes, with little stars of light looming in them.

  Bai Yunchuan couldn't describe those eyes, and he fell into them in an instant, as if he had accidentally broken into a secret place where there was no one.

  Then the young man smiled, and ripples suddenly appeared on the calm lake surface. The ripples were gentle and soft but made Bai Yunchuan dizzy, and he could hardly control his mind anymore.

  He thought that soft words would be the only salvation that could pull him out of the illusion, or they could be the sweet bait that would pull him into the abyss.

  But it doesn't matter which one it is.

  His life was originally saved by the young man. When the young man welcomed him home, he felt that even dying at this moment was worth it.

  Li Yingchi was waiting for Bai Yunchuan, and knowing that the man would bring him gifts, he was already looking forward to it.

  But Bai Yunchuan stayed still since he walked in the door. Li Yingchi didn't care about the clothes on the bed for the moment and jumped out of bed happily.

  He climbed on the man's arm and said, "What did you buy today? I've been waiting for you at home for a long time."

  No matter how cautious and distant he was at the beginning, after being pampered by Bai Yunchuan for a few months, Li Yingchi also noticed the change in the protagonist's attitude towards him.

  He had always been good at climbing up poles. After knowing that Bai Yunchuan had no ill intentions toward him, he treated Bai Yunchuan like a family member, and he unconsciously became more intimate with her.

  It was obviously the older one who acted coquettishly and even forgot the identity of his brother.

  Probably because he had just taken a shower, Li Yingchi had a scent all over his body.

  It's not the inferior scent of soap locust, it's slightly sweet, and it's the scent that accompanies Bai Yunchuan to sleep every night.

  He came back dusty and dusty, and there was no clean spot on his body. However, Li Yingchi didn't mind him at all and would stick to everyone he saw.

  "I'm sorry, I'm late. Are you hungry? I'll cook later." Bai Yunchuan helplessly stretched out his hand to straighten him up and put some distance between him, "I've been outside all day and I smell bad. You can wash it off." Don't get too close to me after you take a shower."

  He put the bamboo basket aside, which was full of trinkets brought back from the market. "I bought all the things I thought you would like and put them all in here. You can choose them yourself."

  Li Yingchi was shocked by the number and was speechless for a long time.

  Today he suddenly had a new understanding of his poverty. Now is the time when he is sensitive to money. Looking at so many things, his first reaction was to worry, "So much? Are you spending all the money you earn?" Are you here? If you return it, can you give us a refund? We won't have nothing to eat, right?"

  Bai Yunchuan was amused by him, "No, we didn't spend much money here. Don't worry, I made a lot of money for Chichi, and I support you."

  -

  The candle was moved to the stove. Bai Yunchuan kept Li Yingchi in mind, fearing that he would be hungry, so he casually took a shower and rolled up his sleeves to start making dinner.

  Li Yingchi was sitting at the dining table playing with gadgets in the bamboo basket.

  Afraid that Li Yingchi would be bored, Bai Yunchuan didn't forget to turn around and introduce the little things he brought back to him while cooking.

  The function and gameplay were combined with some experiences and knowledge and were told to him. He was so amused that he stopped playing with things and listened intently to Bai Yunchuan's story.

  The aroma of the food was mixed with the fragrance of soap locust after bathing. The man's tall back and stir-frying movements were illuminated by the candlelight. The deep male voice with a smile was mixed with the noisy insects outside the window.

  Li Yingchi was in a trance at this moment.

  There was an inexplicable feeling of swelling in his heart, but he couldn't find the reason. It seemed that just being here made him feel at ease.

  After dinner, when Bai Yunchuan was putting away the dishes and chopsticks as usual, his eyes were attracted by a mess of clothes on the bed. He picked up a piece of his own cloth and said, "Brother, why did you turn all your clothes inside out today?" Yan Shantingting

  Li Yingchi was reminded of his mission and asked without answering, "Bai Yunchuan, where is your jade pendant?"

  "Jade pendant?" Bai Yunchuan wiped his hands and sat beside the bed, raising his eyebrows slightly, "What do you want my jade pendant for?"

  Li Yingchi couldn't help but pursed her lips under his gaze, "Just...my father has raised you for so long, and now it's time for you to repay the kindness of raising you."

  Bai Yunchuan took out the jade pendant nonchalantly and handed it to Li Yingchi, "Well, tell me, what time is it now?"

  "Well, it's just..." Li Yingchi turned his head unnaturally when he thought of the reason, "I think I'm old enough and it's time to save money to build a new house."

  "Exchange my jade pendant for money to build a house?" Bai Yunchuan narrowed his eyes and said calmly, but he didn't directly say no.

  Li Yingchi heard that there was nothing wrong with his tone. He held the jade pendant and nodded in a good mood.

  Bai Yunchuan held his hand and pulled him directly in front of him, "I'm short of money and want to build a house. Is this why you're looking through clothes today?"

  "Well..." Li Yingchi blinked and responded obediently.

  Bai Yunchuan chuckled and squeezed Li Yingchi's hand gently. "I can give you the jade pendant, but don't exchange it for money. Don't worry about the house and money. I'll give you money to build a new house."

  "Where do you want to build it? What kind of decoration style do you like? Do you want to buy the furniture yourself or should I help you choose it?"

  The questions were too natural, and Li Yingchi was used to Bai Yunchuan's overtures to him. As soon as he finished asking, he unconsciously answered as he was told.

  After a moment, he suddenly reacted and looked at Bai Yunchuan in surprise, "But what I want to build is a wedding room. Will you build my wedding room? This is not good."

  Bai Yunchuan felt that his heartbeat stopped at that moment. He opened his mouth, but no words came out. He thought about Li Yingchi's words several times before asking in a hoarse voice: "You want money just to marry someone else?"

  "Use my jade in exchange for money to build a wedding house? To marry someone else?"

  Li Yingchi was usually reluctant to spend money, but now he spent all his savings and used his jade pendant to exchange money to build a house, just to marry someone who didn't know who he was?

  Bai Yunchuan took a deep breath and tried to calm down.

  He knew that Li Yingchi had no idea about marriage and love, so if such an idea suddenly came to him, it might not necessarily be his own idea.

  Although he comforted himself in this way, the anger in his heart became increasingly uncontrollable.

  He was so familiar with Li Yingchi that the young man couldn't hide things. Every change on his little face revealed his thoughts.

  Bai Yunchuan seemed to be waiting calmly for the boy's answer, but his hold on the boy's hand tightened.

  He hoped that Li Yingchi would not disappoint him.

  Feeling Bai Yunchuan's increasingly piercing gaze, Li Yingchi lowered his eyes guiltily, "No, I...ah!"

  He was suddenly pulled forward and fell into Bai Yunchuan's arms uncontrollably. Before he could raise his head to see the man's expression clearly, his slightly opened lips were suddenly blocked by someone.

  All words and exclamations were interrupted.

Chapter 51 The Stingy Little Farmer (Twenty-nine)

  Bai Yunchuan didn't give Li Yingchi much time to explain.

  Before Li Yingchi could even finish saying that sentence, he reached out his hand as if losing his mind.

  The fantasy that I never dared to dream of at ordinary times can easily come true due to impulse.

  Ultimately it's because of fear.

  The word fear, or the emotion of fear, no matter which one it appears in Bai Yunchuan, or in the King of Nan Qi who has been born and died with the prince for many years, and whose hands are stained with countless blood, it is really... ...

 It's really ridiculous.

  If anyone who knows Bai Yunchuan's true identity is here and sees this scene, their first reaction will probably be to put their head out in fear to see if the world is upside down today.

  They would rather believe that this is a false world than believe that this is what Bai Yunchuan would do.

  But Bai Yunchuan did just that.

  Because he was afraid of the young man's cover-up and evasive tone, and was afraid of hearing the young man's defense of others, Bai Yunchuan was not willing to let any uncontrollable or unexpected situation happen for even a second.

  As long as Li Yingchi can't speak, as long as he seals his mouth that always likes to tell lies, he won't hear the words that upset him.

  The thoughts in Bai Yunchuan's mind were chaotic, but the emotions in his chest became more and more turbulent.

  He simply couldn't accept the sight of the boy running towards another person.

  When he came back to his senses, the young man was already close at hand. He obeyed his heart and instinctively plundered the air in this world.

  -

  Li Yingchi had never been treated like this.

  This also led to the fact that when he ran into Bai Yunchuan's arms and was held in his arms, he still had no idea what the situation was, let alone what Bai Yunchuan wanted to do.

  Only a pair of almond-shaped eyes suddenly opened wide and looked at Bai Yunchuan, the ink-feather-like eyelashes trembled slightly, and the confusion and surprise in the eyes were clearly visible in the candlelight.

  It wasn't until Bai Yunchuan bit his lip forcefully that he realized that he seemed to be bullied.

  A strange feeling invaded his brain instantly. At this moment, Li Yingchi felt nothing else. All his attention was focused on his rapidly breathing lungs, and he felt that the air in his chest was getting less and less.

  He opened his eyes impatiently, but he saw darkness in front of him. The only light was the faint candlelight between Bai Yunchuan's fingers.

  The endless feeling of suffocation and depression filled his heart. This time, Li Yingchi really cried.

  Countless speculations suddenly emerged, and Li Yingchi shed tears silently, feeling that Bai Yunchuan was really going to suffocate him to death this time, and suffocate him to death.

  He didn't understand what kissing was like, nor did he understand the techniques involved. His whole body was as green as a peach bud about to sprout in spring.

  I was so frightened that I couldn't even breathe. I just felt like my mouth was blocked and I couldn't breathe anymore. My originally clear nose was also blocked from crying. Stop eyes

  The more he wanted to breathe, the more desperate Li Yingchi felt.

  This is already a world without air!

  He stopped struggling and was ready to let Bai Yunchuan suffocate him to death. Feeling aggrieved, he began to list his last wishes with the system.

  He cried without making any sound.

  His breathing was not smooth and his sobs were almost inaudible. Only the tears quickly soaked Bai Yunchuan's palms covering his eyes.

  Tears accumulated in Bai Yunchuan's hands and gradually overflowed. Before long, the boy's entire face was wet from his own crying.

  He was really sad, and he really wanted to cry. Coupled with the incontinence of tears in this world, he couldn't hold back his tears for a while.

  The slightly cool and moist touch finally brought Bai Yunchuan back to his senses. He took his hand away and was so frightened by Li Yingchi's appearance that he did not dare to kiss her again and hurriedly wiped the tears in his arms.

  While wiping it back, he apologized, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry Chichi, I was wrong, I was wrong, I really know I was wrong. It's all my fault, I won't kiss you anymore, really! Be good... don't cry, okay?" "

  Bai Yunchuan was really panicking now.

  He was carried away at first and did this kind of thing without thinking. Now when he woke up, he realized what a ridiculous thing he had done.

  Bai Yunchuan didn't expect Li Yingchi to cry so pitifully.

  He knew he was in the wrong, so he kept apologizing, not forgetting to gently wipe away the tears on Li Yingchi's face.

  This time I really cried hard.

  Li Yingchi lowered his eyes, his long and thick eyelashes were wet with tears and stuck into a few strands, and the ends of his eyes turned a light watery red. Tears continued to slide down his cheeks along the previous tear stains, and fell into Bai Yunchuan's hands.

  Due to lack of oxygen, he couldn't recover for a long time. When he finally got rid of the suffocating feeling, Li Yingchi sobbed uncontrollably.

  It was a small voice, extremely pitiful, as fragile as if he would faint in the next second.

  Bai Yunchuan suddenly felt that the suffering he had suffered before was nothing at all, and those inexplicable annoyances seemed ridiculous, not comparable to one ten thousandth of a teenager.

  Seeing Li Yingchi cry, his heart seemed to hurt.

  Bai Yunchuan carefully took Li Yingchi into his arms, lifted his face hidden by hair, brushed away the sweat beads on his forehead, and patted the young man's back to help him calm down.

  He kept apologizing, and his attitude was as sincere as if he was taking an imperial examination in Kyoto, "I will never be like this again. I was really obsessed just now. I was afraid that you would marry someone else and wouldn't want me anymore. That's why you behave like this." ..."

  "Chichi...I was really wrong, please forgive me."

  "I don't want to be abandoned by my brother, you are the only one I have."

  Bai Yunchuan held Li Yingchi in his arms like a baby, lowered his head and leaned against his ear, talking one after another.

  Apologize or comfort.

  His voice was low and gentle, and he took pains to express his cherishment for the boy, with every word implying his affection.

  Li Yingchi is an easy person to coax.

  After calming down, he heard everything Bai Yunchuan said.

  Unfortunately, his brain was rusty due to lack of oxygen, and he couldn't figure out more of Bai Yunchuan's emotions.

  Bai Yunchuan said that he did this because he was afraid that he would leave her, and he believed him.

  After all, after all, the male protagonist has lost his memory. As a younger brother, it is understandable that he cannot live without his elder brother... He tried hard to convince himself that he had almost forgotten what Bai Yunchuan had just done to him.

  When Bai Yunchuan gently touched his cheek again, he turned his head to avoid that hand, tears falling like broken jade beads, and he explained in a broken voice.

  "I don't have anyone I like. I want to build a wedding house because..." Li Yingchi pursed his lips in embarrassment, "because I feel that I am not too young and it is time to prepare for these things."

  Thinking of Bai Yunchuan's pitiful words, Li Yingchi's heart softened and he comforted her softly, "I will not abandon you."

  The task has not been completed yet, and it is not yet time to leave the male protagonist. How could he abandon the male protagonist?

  In the same scene, the boy suddenly changed roles.

  From a pitiful little comforter, he turned into an older brother who comforts his own children.

  But it was clear that the tears in his eyes had not stopped, his clear light brown eyes were filled with water, and the tip of his nose and the end of his eyes were stained with pink.

  No matter how you look at it, he is completely different from his brother, but Bai Yunchuan is very attracted to his little appearance.

  The previous riot in his heart was instantly calmed down, and what appeared instead was the ecstasy caused by the promise given by the young man in a soft voice.

  The treasures he cared for told him they would never abandon him.

  There are no better love words in the world than this.

  After using his knuckles to remove the tears from the boy's face, Bai Yunchuan hugged him from behind and leaned on Li Yingchi's shoulder in a dependent posture.

  "Chichi is the best to me."

  "I'll never do it again next time."

  It's okay not to mention this, but mentioning it like this reminded Li Yingchi of the suffocation feeling that made him extremely uncomfortable before.

  Why couldn't Bai Yunchuan tell him directly when something happened? If he had to treat him inexplicably like this, didn't he know that he would feel uncomfortable?

  Li Yingchi felt a little sad and a little angry. He felt that Bai Yunchuan had really gone too far this time.

  The system also rarely spoke for the male protagonist, but directly said: "The host cannot forgive him so easily. If he bullies you, you should bully him back."

  "How, how do you bully him back?" Before his tears could stop, Li Yingchi sniffed and wiped away his tears, his little head went blank, and he asked obediently.

  "Those who are gangsters deserve to be slapped." The system's electronic voice seemed extremely cold at this time, guiding its little host to teach its master a lesson.

  ...

  "Snapped!"

  A small, bright red palm print suddenly appeared on Bai Yunchuan's face, slapping him away.

  Li Yingchi bit his lip and put down his harsh words, "It's useless even if you apologize, I won't forgive you easily! You really went too far this time!"

  Bai Yunchuan stared at Li Yingchi's little face, which was even more beautiful after being wet with tears, for a while, then lowered his head, "I'm sorry, brother, I know I was wrong, and I will never do this again..."

  Bai Yunchuan's obedient attitude made Li Yingchi feel soft for a moment. The next moment, the system reminded him again, "You can't let him go like this."

  Li Yingchi quickly interrupted Bai Yunchuan's confession, "It's no use what I said! Get out of here and sleep tonight!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

597K 11.3K 25
Moved from Quotev. Update frequency: whenever it happens Clawd Deuce Heath Jackson/Holt Gil Valentine Pharaoh Porter Raythe
1.1M 27.6K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
1.6M 95.3K 39
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
1.8M 113K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...