Checkered Royals [Ciel Phanto...

By sleepy_pandas

•{this is a pretty slow paced story- I personally don't like quick paced ones ^^' and before we start, this i... More

A/N
Chapter 1: A Day Like Any Other
Chapter 2: Letters From Her Majesty
Chapter 3: Declarations and Discussions
Chapter 4: Burning Emblems
Chapter 5: Purple Diamonds
Chapter 6: Lady Midford and Lady L/N
Chapter 7: Sulphuric Curses
Chapter 8: To Finish an Awkward Day
Chapter 9: To The Ball
Chapter 10: Unrequited
Chapter 11: What Is This Feeling?
Chapter 12: Under Bandages
Chapter 13: A Demon Butler and A Demon Master
Chapter 14: Lost Connections
Chapter 15: Thoughts and Feelings
Chapter 16: Devil's Summoning Spirit
Chapter 18: Too Easily Forgiven
Chapter 19: Do You?
Chapter 20: Leaving For Now
Chapter 21 Part 1:A Kept Promise
Chapter 21 Part 2: A Little Bruised
Chapter 22: All for her
Chapter 23: Confession
Chapter 24: Advice
Chapter 25: Date Number 1
Chapter 26: I'll Protect You
tf.
its the author after years of no updates :)
Chapter 27: Reflection

Chapter 17: She Knows

5.2K 231 230
By sleepy_pandas

I realised I twisted a lot of the plot after watching Book of Circus... ^^' Plus Ciel is so OOC I can't even-- I hope you guys don't mind though haha

I've attached my new favourite song, the ending song to Kuroshitsuji Book of Circus, Aoki Tsuki Michite! This version isn't the original, but its sung in English by the amazing Amalee!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Y/N's POV

She looked at me venomously.

 But I didn't care. I needed to find Arthur and going around by myself without a clue as to where I was going was not going to get Arthur back. This witch was my only way of finding him. My seal may still be on my neck now, but who knows whether it really will disappear or not. My priority was getting Arthur back... but now Ciel was here, it just made things a lot more complicated. 

"I said, tell me!" I harshly repeated.

"Quieten down child the trees will awaken if you're too loud~ " Saarath hushed, moving over to me in one swift movement "Don't get so agitated or I'll really have to shut you up with your throat in my hands."

I gulped. I was aching all over after she had tossed me about earlier like a rag using her powers. She then sent hellhounds to finish me. But no way was that going stop me. True I had no demon to assist me, I used my blood instead. I may be knackered, but the hate I felt powered me on.

She sniggered.

"Hey Y/N~ d'ya wanna make a deal?"

My glare on her increased.

"What is it?"

"How about we make a little deal so we both get what we want? I'll give Arthur back to you if you let me keep Ciel?" She giggled, a mischievious smile curling up upon her face, "and I'm guessing you'd think that the other demon butler- Sebastian Michaelis was it?-will come and get him, but I'll make sure he won't hehe~"

I saw Ciel squirm slightly from Saarath's words but I ignored him. 

"If only I had a compatible demon with me right now then you'd be dead..." I growled lowly.

"Unfortunately, you don't Y/N," Saarath lifted my chin up with a slender finger, her claw-like nail digging into my skin. 

"Shut up!" 

"Didn't I say to quieten down?!" She grappled my throat with a strong grip, enough to make me choke on my words, but not suffocate, "if you're not persuaded, why don't I let your dear Ciel talk to you?"

She clicked her fingers in Ciel's direction sharply. 

He inhaled deeply.

"Y/N," he began, sincerity in his eye, but something else flickered in his expression, "Y/N, go. Leave me with Saarath, get Arthur."

"But Ciel-"

"Saarath, let me speak to Y/N for a moment."

The spirit looked at Ciel solemnly and hesitated before letting go of my throat, causing me to drop down slightly.

" I'll give you one minute. No more. No less. You will make your decision then Y/N." She spat out my name as if it tasted bad to say.

I cautiously looked at her before steadily walking to Ciel, unsure whether I should trust her or not. I then decided to turn to Ciel as I stood in front of him.

"What do you want to say Phantomhive?" I said coldly, perhaps a bit harsher than I intended to... but now was not the time for petty manners.

•••••••••••

Ciel's POV

"Listen, you said you needed a compatible demon correct?"

She eyed me warily before answering, "yes..."

"If... I were a demon, would you be compatible with me?"

Her eyes widened, as she took in a sharp breath, "Ciel-"

"Yes or no?"

"..I don't know Ciel..."

"Then at least try to use me to unlock your demon sword- then we'll find Arthur and leave this place." I replied in a confident tone, looking at Y/N in the eyes. That's when she suddenly lifted her hand to my face.

And placed it on my cheek.

I was confused for a moment before she tore off my eyepatch to reveal the red eye of a demon. Not soon after, my other eye turned an identical colour.

"Ciel, does she know?"

"She does."

"Then she'd expect us not to be compatible."

I let out a shaky sigh. I still couldn't move despite being able to speak again.

She dropped her hand from my cheek before carefully taking the glove off of her left hand, revealing the markings of her curse. She picked up my limp hand and pressed it onto the markings, causing them to glow ever so slightly. 

In reaction to this, Y/N gulped. 

"Tick, tock, your time's up, sweet Ciel~ Y/N here has to make her decision now!" Saraath cooed, as she licked her lips in hungry anticipation, "we all know I'm gonna get what I want in the end though... Hehe! And to speed up things a little, I've sent some of my darling Ents[1] to that portal of yours~ It'll keep your dear Sebastian busy mind~"

I felt Y/N's grip tighten around my hand protectively as the markings glowed a brighter shade of red.

"I-I...," Y/N paused before continuing, "I'm going to kill you Saraath!"

Y/N swung her sabre off of the ground mightily, letting go of my hand, the markings glowing brighter than ever before, but she didn't seem to be pained by them. She clenched her jaw tightly, as she dashed forth to attack. I had never seen her so determined before. Saarath smoothly moved out of the way, but Y/N soon surprise her by bringing down her sword upon the summoning spirit's head in quick recovery. But Saraath had caught the blade. 

"You fool!" Saraath glared at Y/N dangerously her arms shaking slightly as she pushed against Y/N's newfound strength, "You'll never find out where Arthur is if you kill me!"

"That's where you're wrong," Y/N quietly replied, "once you're dead, Arthur will easily be able to break free from whatever trap you put him in and come to me. This world was accustomed to you, and with you gone, it is nothing."

Saraath's eyes revealed a hint of fear, but her mouth soon curled into a smirk.

"You can't have everything you want Y/N," she snarled, "you'll learn that soon, spoilt brat."

I felt helpless- even if I knew I was giving Y/N her strength. The only thing I really knew I could do, was to call for my only loyal pawn in this game that I didn't mean to cross into. 

But I didn't want to call for him- no I wanted to prove to Y/N that I could save myself, Arthur, and most importantly, her. 

My muscles tensed as I sensed my movement come back to me. Saarath was getting weaker. I glanced over at Y/N, and I could see the hatred and rage in her eyes, the same look that I had for those whom had tortured me and charred my innocence away. 

I grabbed the gun in my pocket and lifted it towards Saarath's head, and as I aimed, my finger firmly placed itself over the trigger. 

I want to help Y/N.

And I pulled it.

••••••••••••
Y/N's POV

Bang.

I heard the sound of a gunshot.

And that's when I took my chance. As Saarath stumbled, I brought the silver blade down and drove it into her heart. Blood splattered, across the ground and onto my dress, and suddenly, the world I stood on came to a standstill. 

I had killed her.

The trees shrivelled into even more twisted positions, as if they were dying along with Saarath. They probably were. She was their life source, and that life source had just ran out. 

I allowed myself to relax for once. My heart was pulsating so fast, I could hear it in the present silence of death. I looked over to my side. Ciel.

He was breathing heavily, still aiming the finishing weapon at the empty space of which Saarath had stood. 

A small smile pulled on my lips as I looked at him. 

"Thank you Ciel."

"Let's go get Arthur." He replied, putting his gun back into his pocket, before marching off in the direction of the portal, "you can call for him back near the entrance."

I glanced down at the body of the summoning spirit. She melted away into the ground, becoming what she had controlled. Part of this world.

I guess that means no more hell creatures sent by her.

"Y/N." Ciel's voiced called from a short distance away, "are you getting your butler back or not?"

"Of course..." I replied, hurrying towards Ciel. 

Arthur, I called in my head, Arthur, if you can hear me, please, come back to me.

I looked ahead of me and gazed upon the back if Ciel. Why did he come in after me? I told him- I told him that I would go and find Arthur alone, yet he still followed me. 

We stopped at the clearing of which the remains of trees lay- not only from the death of their mistress, but what seemed to be the doings of Sebastian. Sebastian stood beside the opening, unharmed as he bowed slightly towards his master and I. I nodded in reply before turning around to face the never-ending forest. 

I gulped before taking a deep breath. 

"Arthur!" I called, my voice shaky, "Arthur, I order you to come to my side!" 

The atmosphere was silent for a moment, before the whistle of extremely fast movement sounded. A gush of air flew past my right side before my butler appeared. I did not turn to look at him. 

"Y/N," he began, a hand on his heart and head facing down in shame, " I cannot apologise more for my actions, I was a fool. A stupid, weak fool. I left you in the face of danger, and I did not fulfil my duty to protect you. My mistress... Can you find it in your heart to forgive me?"

I glanced slightly in Arthur's direction before reaching up to gently grab Arthur's hand which lay on his chest, "it's fine Arthur, it's fine."

"I heard you calling my name Y/N, I really did, I just couldn't-"

"It's okay Arthur, I've forgiven you," I looked up to face Arthur properly, and I saw that a single tear slid from his right eye, I smiled in the kindest way I could, "Arthur don't cry."

"I'm not crying Y/N," he smiled wryly at me, "I'm just sweating from my eyes."

"Yeah, yeah," I whispered, "whatever you wanna call it, it's still crying."

•••

Sebastian's POV

I watched from the side as Arthur apologised with such emotion to his mistress. This demon was surprisingly weak. It was surprising that he even had these emotions at all. I could see, he had an extremely strong attachment to Lady Y/N, past their contract. This was definitely not how a demon is supposed to hunt for souls. 

My eyes shifted to my own master- he was also watching the pair intensely, his gaze never leaving them. 

Typical.

He was indeed jealous. He looked exactly the same way as every other time Y/N had interacted with someone of the male gender, including myself. That time I lead Y/N to the carriage and kissed the back of her hand- I knew he was watching from his study, and that youthful face of his twisted in longing and jealousy.

It was quite funny really. His failed attempts to confess to Y/N, every time he thinks he'd said too much too her, all of those moments he's spent pondering about her- absolutely hilarious. 

I've never seen my master so distracted by such a trivial thing such as this. 

To be quite honest though, I see as to why he's so fond of her- her beauty is immaculate, it's a shame she keeps getting herself hurt. Her intelligence and witty comebacks are also some things to admire.

Her demon blood is also something that draws me, yes myself, to her. I knew there was something familiar in her body structure when I had first come to meet her. Such strength to hold such hellish power running through her veins. 

I honestly can't resist myself sometimes.

Yes... Now I see why my master is so doubtful about his thoughts on Y/N. 

I now believe I am too.

*~*~*~*

[1]Ent- this is basically a tree monster- think Lord of The Rings battle XD otherwise just search it up.

A/N

Oh looks like there's officially a bit of Sebastian x Reader in this too XD I definitely make a full Sebby book if I have time :3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 3.4K 55
[CIEL × OC] Book 1 (of 3 currently) Claire was a young girl when a tragic event changed her life forever. She is put through many things that scar h...
355K 9.8K 47
[[OLD STORY, LOTS OF TYPOS]] A demon cannot love, they said. They're all evil, they said. But the true villains of all are humans. When a daughter o...
163K 4.1K 26
This is my first story I have ever made. I don't own black butler, or any of there characters. (Y/N) is a beautiful half cat demon, half human. Wonde...
108K 3.4K 21
*going through the editing process* Black butler fan fic ~ As Rose loses her family in a fire which leaves her hungry for revenge, the young girl sum...