Devoted To You || Gilbert Bly...

็”ฑ RenAintNoSaint

"๐ˆ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฌ๐ก ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐ž ๐๐ž๐ฏ๐จ๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฅ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž." _______________... ๆ›ดๅคš

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
๐’ซ๐’ถ๐“‡๐“‰ ๐’ฏ๐“Œ๐‘œ
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
๐’ซ๐’ถ๐“‡๐“‰ ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐“‡๐‘’๐‘’
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIV
LV
LVI
LVII
LVIII
LIX
LX
LXI
LXII
LXIII
LXIV
LXV
LXVI
LXVII
LXVIII

LIII

439 10 2
็”ฑ RenAintNoSaint

~𝒜𝒹𝒶~
Stubborn. An adjective. Meaning, unreasonably obstinate; obstinately unmoving
_________________________
(Until Wattpad fixes my problem, this is how the chapters will look.🤢)

"Ada, what are you doing?" Gilbert inquires as he walks into one of the back rooms at school.

I'm laying on the ground, my bottom is to the wall, and my legs are in the air. "Add this to your medical research, Blythe. Laying on the floor with your legs against a wall has several benefits. It reduces stress and fatigue, improves circulation, and it relieves back pain."

He gives me a questioning look before planting himself in a seat. "So which benefit are you pursuing?"

"All of them. I don't feel very well." I look back to my book, Persuasion.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" He asks.

I shake my head. "Not at the moment, Dr. Blythe. But thank you for asking." I smile up at him.

Miss Stacy enters in and plops down to read her newspaper. "Hello again, dear world." She looks to me and raises a brow. "Ada, are you alright?"

"Just improving my circulation." I smile before returning to my book.

"Medical research at The Sorbonne in Paris." Gilbert reads aloud. "Funny, Dr. Ward mentioned antitoxins last month."

"What's an antitoxin?" I ask.

"It's a new kind of preventative medicine. Seems to actually be working, from the look of it, even though Dr. Ward called it "nonsense." He says in a gruff tone.

"Most people have a hard time trusting new ideas. The Sorbonne is an excellent university." Miss Stacy says.

"And thousands of miles and dollars away." Gilbert sighs making me frown. I understand his struggles. Aunt Jo had to pay for all of my Paris endeavors.

"I know a doctor named Emily Oak who's doing similar work at the University of Toronto." Miss Stacy says making Anne, who just walked in, gasp.

"A female doctor?" She smiles. "How magnificent."

"Perhaps you could write to her, Gilbert." Miss Stacy suggests. "I expect she could guide you toward Canadian universities specializing in medical research."

He thinks for a second before nodding. "Thank you. I'll take you up on that."

"Oh, just look at these obituaries." Anne sighs as she reads the paper. "So many incredible lives. Reading these makes me wish my own parents
had been remembered the same way so I might've known something about them."

"I still have my mother's obituary. It described her perfectly." I sigh before a thought hits me. "Perhaps we should write an obituary for Mary in the Avonlea Gazette.

"For Delphine." Anne adds.

"That's a lovely idea." Miss Stacy exclaims.

"It is." Gilbert smiles sweetly. "We can ask Bash,
see what he thinks about it."

"Anne! You're on the board!" Diana runs in. "Charlie noticed you!" She says making Anne's jaw drop.

I snort and hold my belly. She looks at me, unamused by the unexpected attention from Charlie. "Looks like Charlie's got his eyes on you, Anne!"

"I wouldn't start laughing yet, Ada." I stop laughing as Diana gives me a warning look. "You're on the board as well."

My eyes widen and Gilbert's narrow at Diana's statement. "W-What?" I turn over and sit up fast, nearly passing out in the process. I scramble to my feet and go outside to the take notice board.

Ada cares deeply for Moody Spurgeon.

My mouth falls open as I read the card. The boys cackle as my face reddens. I scoff. "Why I'd never-"

"Ada." Moody says sheepishly. "May I speak with you?" He looks around awkwardly. "Alone."

"No you may not, Moody Spurgeon!" I snap. "Excuse my bluntness but I will not entertain this idea— this lie!"

"Wait you didn't write it?" He asks, confused.

I furrow my brows at his question. "No." I shake my head. "Did you?"

He shakes his head, viciously. "It's nothing personal but I don't... like you."

"If we didn't write it then who-"

"Well well well. If it isn't Avonlea's newest couple." My blood boils as I turn to face Josie Pye. Of course she did this.

My fists clench. "Josie Pye, you have no business meddling in other people's lives! What's the meaning of this nonsense?" I seethe.

Josie smirks, reveling in the chaos she's caused. "Oh, Ada, just thought I'd spice things up a bit. You can be so dull, you know."

I shoot Josie a scathing glare. "What's your game, Josie?"

She shrugs casually, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Just thought it'd be amusing to see you squirm, Ada. It's not every day the unfortunate ones get a little attention."

I cross my arms, determined to put an end to this charade. "Well, you've had your laugh. Now, take that card down or else."

Josie smirks, unfazed by the threat. Josie smirks, unfazed by the threat. "You seem panicked, Ada. Are you hiding something?"

I shoot Josie a defiant look, masking the nervous flutter in my chest. "You're imagining things. There's nothing to hide."

She chuckles, a malicious glint in her eyes. "Oh, I don't know about that."

I shake my head, irritation building. Anne grabs my arm, "Ignore her, Ada. Josie thrives on making up stories." She looks to our blonde foe. "We both know that."

I give Josie one last glare before heading for the board. As I try to remove the card, Josie leans in, her voice a low, teasing whisper. "Just be careful, Ada. Secrets have a way of finding their way into the light."

Before I can retort, Gilbert, who has been overhearing our exchange, interrupts with a stern expression. "What is she on about?"

I glare at Josie as she walks into the school. My frustration turning into resentment. "She's just trying to stir up trouble, Gilbert. Pay her no mind."

"Are you alright?" He asks.

"Just forget it." I spit as I rip up the note.

***

I was in an awful mood for the rest of the day. I believe I'm about to start my cycle. Which would explain a lot. The strained atmosphere persists as I work to prepare dinner, my mind preoccupied with the day's drama involving Josie and every other thing going wrong in my life. Gilbert, Bash, and baby Delphine are at the table, awaiting the meal.

"It's been a troubling day," Gilbert remarks.

I nod tersely. "Trouble seems to follow me like a shadow."

Bash senses the mood and asks, "Everything alright, Ada?"

"Just a trying day, Bash," I reply, my tone cooler than intended.

As I focus on the pot, attempting to distract myself, an unintended misjudgment results in my hand meeting the hot surface. A sharp gasp escapes me, and I recoil, feeling the burn.

Gilbert rushes to my side, concern etched on his face. "Ada, are you alright?"

I pull my hand away, my frustration reaching its peak. "Would you stop asking me that!"

He persists, gently taking my burned hand. "Let me tend to it."

I resist, my tone sharp. "I don't need assistance."

The room falls silent, the pain in my hand and the tension between us palpable. Feeling the persistent discomfort in my burned hand, I abruptly leave the room, unable to bear the atmosphere any longer. Gilbert follows me into the adjoining room.

"Ada, let me take a look at your hand. It's important to treat burns promptly," he insists, concern etched on his face.

I reluctantly agree, allowing him to examine the burn. Gilbert retrieves a damp cloth, expertly treating the injury. As he works, he comments with a hint of amusement, "You're quite stubborn, you know. Refusing help when it's right in front of you."

I shoot him an irritated look, retorting, "I can handle myself, Gilbert. I don't need anyone fussing over me."

He chuckles, a knowing glint in his eyes. "Stubborn as always. But you're lucky it's just a minor burn."

"I don't need your commentary, Gilbert Blythe."

He sighs, finishing the treatment. "Well, Ada, maybe one day you'll let go of that stubbornness of yours, you'll learn to accept a helping hand, especially from someone who cares."

"Don't hold your breath, Gilbert Blythe." I huff, still annoyed, but the blush lingers as a silent acknowledgment of his concern.

็นผ็บŒ้–ฑ่ฎ€

You'll Also Like

53.5K 603 17
"๐‘ณ๐’†๐’•๐’” ๐’ˆ๐’†๐’• ๐’Ž๐’‚๐’“๐’“๐’Š๐’†๐’… ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’," ๐‘ฏ๐’† ๐’”๐’‚๐’Š๐’… ๐’˜๐’Š๐’•๐’‰ ๐’‚ ๐’ƒ๐’Š๐’ˆ ๐’”๐’Ž๐’Š๐’๐’† "๐‘ฎ๐’Š๐’๐’ƒ๐’†๐’“๐’• ๐’š๐’๐’–๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’„๐’“๐’‚๐’›๐’š" ๐’”๐’‚๐’Š๐’… ๐‘จ๐’–๏ฟฝ...
171K 2.8K 23
You have lived in Avonlea your whole life. Your best friend is Gilbert Blythe and a girl named Anne comes to Avonlea and your relationship with Gilbe...
2.9K 74 8
Ruth Jackson has always been a quiet girl. She sits with the girls at lunch times and eats her food, listening to their gossip without adding to the...
995 47 6
While Anne wonders about her own feelings for Gilbert, they spend much of the day together at the County Fair. There will be some unexpected incident...