šˆš„š„-š…ššš­šžš āœ”ļø

By diebabyxo

šˆš„š„-šŸššš­šžš: āšƒšžš¬š­š¢š§šžš š­šØ šŸššš¢š„ šØš« š”šššÆšž š›ššš š„š®šœš¤āž š•š€š‹š„š‘šˆš€ šš‘šŽšŽšŠš„... More

0
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50

5

1.6K 68 12
By diebabyxo

V A L E R I A

I sit in class, moving my hand around as I spin my pencil, waiting for the bell to ring indicating class has started. 

Cristella and another witch named Aaron sat between me. Cristella had asked me a question, but I didn't register it as I watched Adonis walk into the classroom. Black t-shirt that shows his muscular arms and tattoos, a face without emotion, and black wavy hair. Before I could even begin to think about last night, my eyes moved to the blonde who walked with him.

Long straight hair, red lipstick, smiling up at him. Cristella nudged me and said, "Valeria? Did you hear me?"

"Who's that girl?" I asked Cristella. "I haven't seen her before."

Cristella almost laughed when she looked at the girl. She told me, "That's Stella. Huge vampire bitch."

She whispered the last part. But as Stella glanced over at Cristella, smiling and flashing her sharp canines, I figured she heard her. I say, "I thought you told me Adonis Priest didn't have any friends."

"Friends?" she says. "Yea. He doesn't have friends. Only vamp girls that wanna sleep with him, and vamp guys that are afraid of him."

"He's a playboy, basically like me," Aaron says with sarcasm lacing his tone. I give him an unamused look. "Valeria Brookes do not give me that look."

"And what look would that be?"

I can see him thinking of a sarcastic response. He says, "Like you want some of this. Actually, keep doing it."

I rolled my eyes. The teacher spoke after the bell rang, "Okay, class. I want to continue what we had done last week. Partner up with who you were with last week and head outside."

I go to stand up. But Aaron stops me. He says, "Hey, I wasn't here last week. Wanna partner up?"

"Sure," I say. It was better than being with Adonis.

Right as I thought his name, he appeared, towering over Aaron as he looked down at him blankly. Aaron looked up at him with a grin and said, "It's alright, Priest, I'll be her partner today."

But Adonis doesn't move. Nor does he say anything. He just keeps staring at Aaron. 

"Aaron, why don't you partner up with them?" I suggested, pointing to somebody who was looking around for a partner. The blank look on Adonis' face as he remained in place told me he wasn't going anywhere, and I didn't want Adonis to hurt Aaron. He was both taller and stronger.

"Alright," Aaron says as he stands up. Adonis' eyes follow him as he stands, all the way until he approaches the girl. 

I say, "Are you picking me again so that you can win and fuel your ego?"

His dark eyes look back at me. 

"Maybe I'm doing you a favor," his deep voice says. "I'm the best person to train with."

"You're Adonis Priest," I say as I stand. "You don't do favors."

I walk out to the courtyard. The teacher tells us that we're working on defense again. Angels are strong, but so are vampires. I can't use my full strength. But I'm not sure if it could overpower him anyway.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Stella shooting me daggers.

"Your friend looks at me like she wants me dead," I say. Adonis glances at her. 

"She's fine," is all he says. "She won't do anything."

"If she's jealous, tell her there's no reason to be," I say. "I'd rather be in Hell right now."

I try and hit him, thinking maybe he'd be caught off guard. But he dodges easily and says, "Be careful what you wish for, Valeria."

I try and hit him again. And he dodges again. I let out an irritated sigh. 

"You have my book, and I want it back," I say with crossed arms. 

"It's a shame that I don't care what you want."

"Are you doing this just to piss me off?" I ask. 

He shrugs, "Maybe I am."

I try to hit. He moves out of the way. 

"Find somebody else to piss off," I say. I give up on trying to attack. "Like that wolf you got into it with last night."

His dark eyes stare at me. He says, "It's more fun to piss you off."

I use a spell this time. He stumbles back a few steps, but not much. The teacher shouts at us, "Priest and Brookes! Focusing on the assignment rather than bickering."

"Yea, Valeria, focus on the assignment," Adonis nearly smirks. I narrow my eyes at him.

"Suck my-"

My words get cut off by an accountment over the speaker. The principal says, "All students, please report to the auditorium immediately." 

My eyebrows lowered as I wondered what this could be about. Adonis says nothing to me before turning around. I stand there for a moment as I wait for some of my friends to reach me. 

"Valeria, is it?" a voice says from in front of me. I turn around and see Stella smiling at me.

"Mhm," is all I say. 

"It's nice to meet you," she says with a big smile. She suddenly gasps. "Oh, I love your earrings."

She touches my earrings. I just stand here. I say, unsure of her motives, "Thanks."

"You're welcome," she says. "You know, Valeria, I'm very influential. Powerful, too. I think we could be friends. So long as you stay away from Adonis."

I tell her, "I don't want anything with Adonis."

"Good!" she smiles. Her smile then completely drops. "Let's keep it that way."

She turns and walks away as Hazel and Cristella reach me. I don't bring it up to them. We walk to the auditorium together and wait for the principal to come out.

Finally, she comes out. All of the students look at her.

"Thank you all for coming so quickly," she says. Her tone already gives away that this isn't good news. "Unfortunately, it's not for good news."

"Finn, a student, was found dead in his room this morning," she says.

People gasp. People look around. My blood ran cold, I knew Finn, I knew he was an angel. I didn't dare to move my eyes in case somebody was watching. 

"How he died is not clear," she says. "There was no blood. Maybe there was no foul play. But, if anybody has any information, please let us know."

I need to tell Gabriel. That's all I can think about. I need to tell him.

"Classes will not resume and will be dismissed for the rest of the day to give some time for processing," she says. "Your teachers are here for you if anybody wants to talk." 

I didn't want to talk to any of them. I only wanted to talk to Gabriel. I quickly left the auditorium and walked to my room. With classes dismissed, we were free to leave, as long as we were back by curfew. 

I quickly leave the school. Since it was daytime, I waited to be further away before I started flying. When I reach the house, I run inside and see Gabriel waiting for me, his face filled with concern.

"Valeria, what is it?" he asks me. "I can feel that something bad has happened."

"Finn is dead," I say. His face turns to shock. "Is it happening, Gabriel? Have they found us? Are you safe here?"

"Shh," he tries to calm me down. He pulls me into a hug. "Do not worry about me, Valeria."

It was hard not to. After losing my parents, I couldn't imagine losing him too. 

"I'm not sure what is going on," he says as he pulls away from the hug. "There may be a demon at that school. It's more important than ever to be careful."

I nod. I promise, "I will be careful, Gabriel. And if there is a demon, I'll find them, and I'll kill them for our people."

Angels weren't supposed to kill. But demons were different. They want us extinct so that they can be free from Hell and rule the world. They believe they deserve it.

I feel a twinge of guilt, and I wish I didn't. Demons were just banished angels, corrupted by darkness. We want to save, to guide, it's in our nature. But demons were too far gone. 

I returned to the school. I went to the library. It was the one place in the entire school I felt safe, I felt like I could escape reality. I stop in front of a book and hold it in my hands. A voice deep enough to give you chills says from behind me, "Metamorphoses. It's a Latin book, by the way."

I turn around and look at Adonis. I also look at the copy of Wuthering Heights in his hands.

I say, "Yeah. I know."

"Nimis nocens linguam non intelligis," he says. [Too bad you don't understand the language.]

"Facio," I reply. [I do.] "Stultus." [Stupid.]

I place the book back and take the book out of his hands. He looks at me. I'd say maybe there was slight amusement behind his dark eyes, but I don't think he is capable of showing that. I walk past him, holding the book, and I feel him watch me walk away. 

Word Count: 1527

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.5K 456 25
*Book 1* "The room we were locked in was cold, dimly lit and damp. Carla sat in the corner. Her hair covering her face. She looked warn out. Casey, A...
2M 86K 56
"I am a devil. A demon. I do not love. I destroy. And if you don't leave now, I will destroy you for I cannot love an angel." "I am an archangel. An...
604 128 22
Aurora is a student of Fine Arts who is protected by an angel called Ethan, but she doesn't know it. The Devil is threatening the Angels Kingdom's pe...
4.9M 31.1K 9
"I know you're a virgin but have you never been touched?" He asked, sliding his other hand down onto her leg. "What makes you say that?" Kat breathe...