You're no good for me - Negan...

By dryroasted

After settling in your new home Alexandria, a certain prisoner catches your eye. More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
8.
9.

7.

56 5 0
By dryroasted

Jasmine giggled as she teased me. "Oh my god you're blushing!"

"I am not!" I said as I covered my face.

"You like him, I know you do." She said smiling

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I avoided her eye contact.

We were sitting in her room, she was on her bed and I was swinging in the hammock that hung in the corner of her room. She was so relaxed as she relentlessly teased and questioned me.

She took a bite of her airhead and said, "I saw you staring at him yesterday."

My eyes went wide as I looked at her, I was speechless.

"Im not judging you girl, I mean he is attractive. I just didn't know violent prisoners were your thing."

"I don't like him. He's just interesting.."

Laughter barked out of jasmines mouth. "Bull. Shit. I saw those goo goo eyes, the eyes, they never lie. It's also easy to tell because you blush so hard."

This was really stressing me out, sure Negan was tall and attractive, but I didn't have a crush on him..

I nervously bit my lip and fidgeted with my hands. Jasmine noticed and her features softened.

"Look Y/N I'm sorry. I'm not making fun of you or judging you. I can see you're struggling with this. I shouldn't laugh. I think it's sweet really. He's a lonely old man and a hot young girl is obsessed with him. It's a shame he's locked up."

"He's not that old..." I said sheepishly.

"I said I wasn't judging!" She laughed again "but compared to you? Yeah he's old as dirt."

"Well I don't like him so it doesn't matter." I replied.

"Okayyy well you better stop leading him on then, he clearly likes you." She said

"Wait! You really think so?" I said with a bit too much excitement.

Jasmine giggled again "Girl I saw him smiling at you."

Another round of blush crept up my face. "Well even if I did like him, it would never work out anyway." I said looking at the ground.

"I don't know a secret romance is kind of hot." She said grinning.

"I don't even know if he's a good person."

"Well for as long as I've been here he's never misbehaved, I've heard he has a dirty mouth though."

I thought back to the stuff he's said to me. How he asked me to get into the bushes with him.

"Hey Y/N?" Jasmine interrupted my train of thought.

"Yeah?"

"What happened the night of Rosita's party? You kinda just disappeared."

I froze. I could feel myself go pale. I thought of the man who attacked me. I could still feel his hands on my skin, his breath in my ear as he whispered disgusting things to me.

"Oh I was just starting to feel sick and went home." I tried to say as convincing as I could.

She looked at me suspiciously but, she let it go. "Oh okay, that sucks, we did miss you."

Later that day, I went home. Instead of going to the dining hall I ate at home. Today was my day off and I was grateful to be able to relax at home.

I don't understand why Jasmine is so insistent on this whole thing with Negan, sure I mean I was looking at him in the dining hall. It doesn't mean anything, I was a little annoyed at her for making me feel embarrassed.

Did she really think that Negan liked me? What if he actually did? What would that mean? No he doesn't actually have feelings, he's probably just acting that way because I'm the only female giving him attention. I groaned out loud because I felt so stupid.

I laid in my bed with pride and prejudice and read about 5 chapters before drifting to sleep with the book still in my hand.

I dreamt I was in a dark damp cell. There were no windows, I could barely see the room around me.

I moved my arm and felt a chain pull, it was connected to the stone wall and cuffed to my hand. I tugged at it again, the cold metal rubbed against my wrist painfully.

I realized I was barefoot, wearing nothing than rags that resembled a potato sack. The room was freezing, it made my bones feel cold.

It suddenly felt very small and cramped, my breathing picked up. I was beginning to panic.

A door I didn't notice before quickly swung open, a tall figure stepped in, whistling a tune.

"Hello darlin." the man said with a gravelly voice.

"What do you want?" I cried out.

The man just laughed.

"Why am I here?"

"You've been a very bad girl." The man said, stepping closer, revealing his identity.

"Negan?"

"I came to see you." He said

"Why are you doing this" I said on the brink of tears, tugging on my chain.

"I didn't put you here." He walked directly in front of me and knelt down to my level. He was wearing a leather jacket.

A tear slipped down my cheek, "I don't understand."

"I came to set you free." He used his thumb to gently wipe my tear away. I closed my eyes and let out a heavy breath.

His hand cupped my cheek, he stared intently into my eyes. "Take me far away from here." I practically begged him.

He pulled out a large silver key and unlocked my cuff, once I was free I jumped forward into him, wrapping my arms around him. He slowly slid his arms around me as I buried my face into his chest.

"Where did you get that key?" I asked.

"You don't want to know what I had to do to get this." He said in a serious tone.

"It doesn't matter." I said pulling away so I could look at his face.

He held my hands, standing up, pulling me to my feet. His gaze bore down at me, he started to lean in, like he was about to kiss me.

I was startled awake, the was a loud pounding on my door, my head was swimming with confusion. I was sweating and tangled up in my sheets. The knocking continued, I pushed myself out of bed and dragged myself to the front door.

I slowly opened the door, not sure who could be on the other side.

It was a man I did not recognize, I was a bit scared before he spoke.

"Sorry to bother you miss, but Alex is feeling very sick. We need you to come finish up the work day for him."

Alex was the guy who took over my job on my days off. Hiding my annoyance and told him I would be there soon with a smile.

I went to go get ready begrudgingly, I was feeling groggy from my nap. I really didn't want to go, especially on one of my only days off.

A smile crept over my face as I realized this was an opportunity to give Negan a visit.

I took a little extra time getting ready, trying to myself look nice. I only had an hour or two of work to do, it wouldn't hurt to put a little bit of makeup on.

I applied my mascara carefully, taking my time. I honestly didn't care if anyone was waiting up for me. I put on a generous layer of lip gloss, rubbing my lips together in the bathroom mirror. I dug through my closet and found the tightest clothes that I own.

I sprayed on my vanilla perfume, took one last look in the mirror and left the house. I realized that I was nervous, my legs were moving as slow as possible. My stomach tied up into knots.

Eventually I found myself at the construction site, there were men everywhere, all running around doing their jobs like an ant colony.

I spotted Negan off to the side, running wood through a blade. I looked around, I figured that they were all to busy to notice if I talked to him for just a moment.

His brows were furrowed with concentration, he looked sexy...

I stepped into his line of vision, he looked up at me with a surprised expression.

He broke into a smile, "Well hello there darlin." He said happily.

"Hard at work are we?" I replied.

"I'm always hard." His smile turned into a grin.

My mouth fell open as my face turned red.

He smiled harder, enjoying my embarrassment.

"Well maybe you should see the doctor, that doesn't sound healthy."

He looked me up and down, drinking in my appearance. "Can't I just have you take a look? The doc's pretty busy these days."

"You're unbelievable."

"Well you'd better start believing." He chuckled.

Negan looked around to see if anyone had noticed us. "You're gonna get me into trouble sweetheart, as much as I love your company."

"Okay okay, I'll let you get back to it." I said with a smile.

"Wait." Negan said suddenly. "This is gonna sound weird but I've come to the realization you've never properly introduced yourself. What's your name darlin?"

"Y/N." I said shyly.

"Y/N." He said, testing my name out. "That's beautiful."

I let out a nervous laughter. "See you around."

I turned to walk away and my blood ran cold. The man who had attacked me stood only a few feet away.

"Hello again." Chuck said, staring daggers at me.

I felt myself begin to choke, I took a step backwards. It felt like I was in a nightmare.

"You gonna run away again?" He spoke with that creepy smile of his.

I turned to look at Negan, who had a confused look on his face. His eyes were locked on Chuck. The tension in the air was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

Negan turned to me and saw the fear in my eyes, in that moment some sort of realization clicked for him.

"Her?" Negan growled.

At this point time seemed to move in slow motion, what did he mean? I knew why I was scared, why did Negan look like that? Something changed in his eyes, it terrified me.

Negan dropped the wooden plank he was holding, his hand curled into a fist. My body was frozen to the spot. In a flurry of movement, Negan raced towards Chuck, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt.

"Woah man what's your problem?" Chuck managed to shout before Negan slammed his fist directly into Chucks face. He hit him so hard that Chuck hit the ground instantaneously, not seeming to be in the air at all. He hit the earth with a thud and a groan.

A cry escaped my throat, Negan seemed to be quivering with rage. He was soon on top of Chuck, pummeling him again, this time I heard his nose crunch.

People began to notice, men surrounded the scene like a moth to a flame. I stepped backwards, trying to remove myself.

Chuck was crying as Negan brought down his fists again and again. He yelped for someone to help him.

"Jory get over here!" Some random man yelled.

Blow after blow, Chuck became unrecognizable.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8K 572 14
Sequel to the first 'You're Not Alone' The reader and Daryl have started to settle into life at Alexandria, but once the group runs into the Saviours...
27.4K 697 23
She looked at me and told me I was the only one in the world "So, sweetheart, you've come here to do... what, exactly?" "Quid pro quo." Elizabeth Gr...
169K 5.3K 46
Can't sleep for days, got her name in his brain.
1.1K 64 13
[๐”ฑ๐”ฅ๐”ข ๐”ด๐”ž๐”ฉ๐”จ๐”ฆ๐”ซ๐”ค ๐”ก๐”ข๐”ž๐”ก] โ€งโ‚Šหš โ‹…* โ€งโ‚Š ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š•๐š˜๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š ๐š‘๐šŽ๐š›, ๐šœ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š ๐šŠ๐šœ ๐š•๐š˜๐šœ๐šโ€งโ‚Šหš โ‹…* โ€งโ‚Š [๐šŒ๐šŠ๐š›๐š• ๐š๐š›๐š’๐š–...