My Summer Of Untold Truths

By Danielle_Jayde

16 year old Taylor Ford wants this summer to be different. She doesn't want to live her life in her little bu... More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
NINE

EIGHT

22 3 0
By Danielle_Jayde

I tell her how I swear we almost kissed and how he brought me to the crates to look at the stars.

“You almost kissed him,” she asks. “Yes,” I say, my cheeks getting pink. “Why didn't you guys kiss,” she asks. “Because Jake, Tyson and Nate found us,” I groan in frustration.

"Stupid Jake, Nate and Tyson,” she exclaims. “I know! I was so annoyed,” I say. “He obviously likes you, though,” she says. “Yeah, but I'm going to play it out,” I say.

“Why wait,” she shrugs. “Because not everyone is as fortunate as you and Jordan. You guys just told each other and boom you were together. I don't think it's that easy with Ezra.” “I guess I am pretty lucky,” she sighs.

“Alright. Play it out, but I want to hear every detail,” she says. “Of course. Do you even need to tell me that,” I ask. “No,” she grins.

“Do you have any clothes I can borrow,” I ask, moving on from the topic. “Yeah I set some aside on the bed,” she says.

I walk to the back of the camper and there's folded gray sweatpants and baggy t-shirt. I grab the clothes and peel off my outfit and bathing suit that was underneath. I wear a bathing suit everywhere and all summer long.

I put on the clean clothes and walk into the bathroom. I scavenge around for a loose hair tie. I find one on the counter and tie up my hair into a messy bun.

I walk out of the bathroom and sit beside Camilla. A pile of snacks are In front of her. I open a bag of SourPatch Kids and pour some into my hand.

“So what's our plan for tonight? All nighter? Movie? Sleeping,” I ask. “Well I was thinking we could watch a movie and see where the rest of the evening goes,” she suggests. “That's fine with me,” I say.

She opens a bag of Starbursts and pours a bunch in a bowl. I unwrap one and pop it into my mouth. “What movie do you want to watch,” she asks. “Hunger Games,” I suggest. A movie both Camilla and I have watched a thousand times. “Sounds good,” she says, tapping away at her laptop.

She pushes the laptop away so we both can see the screen. I chew on pieces of candy as the movie starts.

“Do you know a girl named Penny by any chance,” I ask. “Oh, yeah! She goes to my school- super sweet girl,” she says. “Yeah, Tyson made out with her tonight,” I say, holding back laughter. “Woah! When,” she asks, surprised. “Apparently tonight,” I say, grabbing another Starburst.

“I didn't think she was that kind of girl. Interesting,” she says, nodding her head. “Very interesting,” I say.

***

A blaring ringtone goes off, waking me out of my sleep. I groan and turn over. Camilla is fast asleep on her side of the bed.

We barely made it halfway through the movie before we both started to fall asleep, so we decided to call it a night. I couldn't fall asleep after that even though I tried multiple times.

The thought of Ezra was repeating in my head over and over. I reach over Camilla and turn off her alarm on her phone. The clock reads 11:30am. Guess we really slept in.

I lay my head back down on my pillow. Camilla groans and turns over to face me. “Good morning,” she groans. “Morning,” I say, mid yawn.

“What time is it,” she asks. “Eleven thirty,” I say. “Oh, wow. I guess I was really tired,” she says, rubbing her eyes. “I guess we missed church,” she says. “Oops,” I say. “I probably wouldn't have gone even if I woke up in time. I'm exhausted,” I add. “Yeah me neither. There's always next week,” she says.

I stumble out of bed and look around the kitchen for a coffee pot. “Do you have coffee in here,” I ask. “No. We have to go inside,” she sighs. I let out a sleepy whine and walk back to the bed.

I flop onto it, my face burried in my pillow. “I need coffee,” I whine into my pillow. “I really should put some in here, shouldn't I?” “Yes,” I groan.

“I couldn't sleep till like four a.m last night.” “I was out right when my head hit the pillow,” she says. “Lucky you,” I groan. I may seem like a morning person, but if I don't have my coffee or at least nine hours of sleep, im super grumpy.

“What are your plans for today,” she asks. “I think Ezra wanted to hang out. Also, I'm pretty sure the group is getting together again, so I probably will hang out with them,” I say, my face still in my pillow.

“You totally can come.” “I might actually take you up on that. I have nothing to do today and I definatly don't want to be home all day,” she says. “That's cool with me. I'll look to see when everyone is meeting up,” I say. I open my phone and text Ezra.

Me: Hey! When's everyone getting together today?

“Okay, I texted Ezra,” I say. “Cool. Are you guys going to hang out one on one today,” she asks. “Maybe, but I don't want to leave you,” I say. “I've met pretty much your entire group. I'll be okay by myself,” she says. “True. We'll see how the day goes, though,” I say. My phone buzzes with a text.

Ezra: Morning
Ezra: I think it's whenever. Everyone was up pretty late last night.
Me: Yeah, I just woke up.
Ezra: Me too. I couldn't fall asleep last night
Me: Me neither. AND I haven't had my coffee, yet. This is a disaster waiting to happen.
Ezra: Lol are you a coffee addict?
Me: Through and through
Ezra: ‘Dead till I get my coffee’ addict?
Me: well, I have had my face in my pillow for like 10 minutes, so I'd say yeah.
Ezra: lol well get yourself some coffee
Me: Getting some rn

“Okay I need coffee. I'm going inside to get some,” I announce, climbing off the bed. I walk out of the camper and into Camilla's little town house. I walk in and I can already smell hints of coffee from earlier this morning.

No one's in the house because they all left for church. I walk up stairs to her kitchen and walk over to the coffee maker which already has just enough for me in the pot. It’s cold, but I like my coffee iced, anyway.

I grab a tumbler cup out of the cabinets and walk over to the freezer. I grab the ice tray and pop a handful out and put it in the cup. I make my own coffee ice cubes at home so it doesn't dilute the coffee, but this will do.

I pour the rest of the coffee from the pot into my cup. I walk back to the cabinets and grab the brown sugar and vanilla and put a little bit of each in my cup. I grab milk out of the fridge and pour it over my mixture. I stir it up and take a large sip. Just how I like it.

Now feeling a boost of energy, I skip out of the house and back into the camper. “Well your mood has changed,” Camilla says. “That's because I have my coffee,” I grin.

“I hope it's okay that I've used your cup,” I say. “It's Margots, but she'll be fine with it,” she says. Margot is one of the two sisters Camilla has. She's the oldest so she's pretty chill and she doesn't mind me, which is good. “Oh, oops. I thought it was yours.” “No, it's okay. She'll be fine with it,” she repeats.

“Okay, I need to get this morning crust off my face,” I say. “I have face wash in the bathroom,” she says, checking something on her phone.

“I need to borrow some clothes from you, too,” I say. “Yeah, no problem,” she smiles. I walk into the bathroom and wash my face, removing all the makeup from last night. I brush my teeth with the toothbrush I keep here. Yes, I keep a toothbrush here.

After I'm finished, I walk out of the bathroom and Camilla is gone. She must be inside. I grab my bathing suit and clothes off the floor and walk out of the camper.

I walk back into Camillas house and I walk downstairs to Camilla's room to see her ruffling through her clothes. “Hey,” she smiles. “Hey,” I say, looking at her clothes with her. “You can borrow whatever you want,” she says, walking away from her dresser and getting into the clothes she picked out.

I look through her drawers and pick out a pair of Jean shorts and a white baby tee. You can see the small pink flowers on my bikini top through the shirt, but that's okay.

Camilla walks out and I can hear her walk up the stairs. I get into my bathing suit and put on the clothes I picked out. I spray some of her perfume on myself and walk upstairs.

“You look cute,” she smiles. “Thank you. So do you,” I say. She's wearing a darker wash of jean shorts than the one I'm wearing and a yellow cropped tank top.

I notice a pair of giant square sunglasses on her head. I recognize those frames. “Hey, those are mine,” I say, pointing to the frames on her head. Her eyes go wide.

“Whatttt? No,” she smiles. “Those are totally mine. You thief,” I giggle. “Yeah, fine. I'll give them back at the end of the day,” she sighs. “Fine with me. As long as I get them back. I've been looking for those,” I say. “Yeah I will,” she says.

“I'm borrowing your makeup,” I announce, walking into her bathroom. “Okay.” I do the same amount of makeup I usually do in the summer. Mascara, blush, highlighter, bronzer and eyebrow gel. Thankfully she has waterproof makeup, too.

I walk out of the bathroom and Camilla's sitting at her dining room table, a bowl of cereal in front of her and another one across from her.

“I got you a bowl of cereal,” she smiles. “You're the best,” I exclaim. “I know I am,” she says, followed by a laugh. We eat our cereal in hungry silence.

“Do you want to go out anyway, even if no one is there yet,” she asks, finishing her last bite. “Sure! There's no point sitting in here,” I say. “Yeah, besides, it's beautiful today,” she says, looking out the window behind her.

It really is. The sun is shining and there are no clouds in sight. It's gonna be another hot day today.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.2K 784 52
Apollo Quinn wants nothing to do with Nicolas Young. While 5 years ago, the two had been best friends, nowadays they live across the country from one...
606K 20.1K 32
Four years. Four years ago, he left her. And now he's back, showing up at her bookstore, asking for a second chance. Oh, and for his book to be sold...
75.3K 3.3K 57
Tessa's love life is full of clichés. She fell for the boy next door, her brother's best friend, and her childhood crush. They all just happen to be...
2.1K 59 26
It was the summer before college. Cassie always swore that she was too broken to ever be loved after the emotional rollercoaster that life had taken...