PROMISE: NEW RULES

By Lolozile

THEY FINALLY MET AFTER they separated for six years. Although things weren't rainbows and butterflies like th... More

COPYRIGHT STATEMENT
HELLO AGAIN!
PROLOGUE: New Rules
CHAPTER ONE: Someone Else
CHAPTER TWO: Only A Week
CHAPTER THREE: Coward
CHAPTER FOUR: All Of You
CHAPTER FIVE: Living Flame
CHAPTER SIX: No One Else
CHAPTER SEVEN: Disciplinary Hearing
CHAPTER EIGHT: Your Family
CHAPTER TEN: It's About Revenge
CHAPTER ELEVEN: Familiar Loneliness
CHAPTER TWELVE: Set Up
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: Great Time
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: On A Date
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: Let's Talk
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: Little Crush
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: More Lies
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: Going Crazy

CHAPTER NINE: It's Just Love

10 0 0
By Lolozile

KYLE

I WAS SURELY going to end up killing someone. Whatever test this was, I was surely going to fail it. Samantha didn't hide her displeasure when I told her I was leaving but she finally relented when I told her I was driving Amanda home and I would be coming right back.

The way my fists clenched around the steering wheel, it would be a miracle if I didn't end up spraining something. Keith helped Amanda out of the hospital and I growled at his hand gripping her arm. I was sure that I would punch his teeth in one of these days.

He opened the car door for her then placed her things on her lap.

"Thanks Keith."

Shw smile sweetly like the kind hearted person that she was.

"Get better soon. Take good care of her Doctor Kyle."

I drove off before I followed on the urge to really knock his teeth in, but this time all of them. Amanda gasped as I peeled off and I gave her a sideways glance before I stopped the car when we were a good distance away from the hospital.

I reached over her to put her seatbelt for her but she swatted my hands away from.

"I can do it myself. And I would have if you hadn't acted like a jealous lunatic and just drove off before I could."

Biting down on my tongue was one of  the hardest things I've ever done. I was pissed and I knew I became quite irrational when I was but I couldn't care less. She closed her eyes and I couldn't help myself from looking at her from time to time. She had a pained expression on her face and my worry overtook my jealousy. Something was clearly wrong with her and I didn't like it one bit.

We arrived in my place in no time and I was out of the car and jogging to her side in an instant. I opened her door and placed my hands under her so I could carry her but her eyes flew open.

"I could walk by myself."

I lost it.

"So Keith can touch you and I can't? Is that what you're saying right now?"

She sighed getting out of the car and frowned when she saw we were in my house but she seemed to be tired because she didn't argue with me and got out of the car.

"I asked you a question."

Her cool demeanour was throwing me off balance a little bit. And I had long lost my rational brain a long time ago.

"Amanda..."

I started to say but the cool deadly look she gave me made me stop right in my tracks. With a voice as cold as ice she said.

"I'll be careful how I say my next words if I were you Kyle. You might be angry but I won't let you speak to me in that tone. Tyranny only works so far."

Then she walked away leaving me so dumbfounded and turned on like it was nobody's business. I could feel my cock straining for her in my trousers and I've never wanted her more. She barely used that cool tone with me but when she did I listened. Happily and reluctantly because I didn't want to lose my head.

I had calmed down by the time I joined her in my house.

Our house.

I thought to myself. I gave her a huge smile as I took a seat on the table infront of her.

"I think you mistake the word for chivalry."

She quirked a brow raising her head to face me. Amusement danced in her eyes.

"And that is better because...?"

"I think you'll find that chivalry corresponds with words like elegance, gentlemanliness, courtesy, consideration. I mean the word itself refers to the gallantry behaviour of a man towards his woman. Safeguarding and keeping her from harm is his main mission."

She folded her arms infront of her and accepted the challenge with grace.

"I'm sorry to inform you but  I think you're in the wrong century. Incase you've been living under a rock, like most of the man these days, that word has transformed and men have done the best they could, I mean really tried to up their caveman mentality and tyranny. Chivalry is just another word for possessiveness of men now. The fact that we're arguing about this is a clear sign that you know what I am talking about."

I chuckled then placed my hands on my knees so my face could move closer to hers and breathe the same air as she did.

"Oh but the issue still lies in the fact that you still mistake chivalry for what it really is. Fairness and kindness to what belongs to us. Staking a claim isn't possessiveness. Or is it tyranny."

It's just love.

Like I am madly in love with you and seeing you slowly belonging to someone else makes me want to commit raw brutal bloody murder!

"Well I think you may have mistaken me for someone else then. Because last time I checked, I wasn't yours to uhm..... safeguard and protect. So therefore your chivalry is misplaced."

My smile slipped as my anger spiked.

"I don't think it is."

"Oh but we're both well aware it is."

She said all playfulness slipping from her features. Then she mimicked how I sat.

"In other simpler words..."

She stared at me dead in the eyes.

"Back off Griffin."

I swallowed looking down at my hands.

"I would if I knew how."

*********

So Amanda demanded I dropped her to her house and after arguing a losing battle, I finally relented. I only left after I had made her some food, forced her to eat a decent amount, made her take a bath, alone of course if you're wondering. Then I only left after I had given her some pain killers since she didn't let me try to diagnose her. She wouldn't tell me what was hurting and I hated every second of it I spent not knowing.

She was safely tucked into bed when I finally left with the promise to call me if she didn't feel any better. That I would check up on her after work. Then I drove back to the hospital and this time it took all my reserved energy not to grab Keith and haul him across the hospital when he asked how she was.

How could another person be so insufferable? It didn't make any sense at all. I had performed two emergency surgeries and checked on all my patients by the time I left for the day. I was more than a little tired after a week of not working but I still loved every second of it. Doing something you loved for work didn't feel like a chore.

I took the longer route to my house so I wouldn't be tempted to go to her yet. I took a shower and then grabbed my keys and was out of the house in fifteen minutes.

The front door was unlocked and opened when I arrived and my alarm bells went off in my head. I raced to Amanda's room to the far end of the hall with my heart in my throat. My hands shook as I pushed her bedroom door without knocking and I stood frozen when I saw the empty bed. Her sheets rumpled like she had been there.

"Amanda!"

I screamed as I frantically searched for her in the entire house. I was closer to tears when a gust of wind blew and my gaze was drawn into the dark backdoor that stood open. I found a light switch before I stepped outside praying with all my might that she was there and very much okay.

I saw her standing on the back porch, her hands gripping the railing tightly and I finally breathed. I released a huge sigh of relief before closing the distance between our bodies. I needed her in my arms to assure myself that she was truly alive and was with me. And very much okay. I wrapped my arms around her and the first thing I noticed was that she was ice cold. My frown took over my face but my relief was evident in my voice.

"Amanda. Baby. You're alright. I was so scared that something might have..."

She was standing eerily still and her chilled skin made me wonder just how long she had been standing there in her pajama shorts and tank top I had left her in.

"Amanda?"

When she still didn't answer me, I slowly turned her to face me. The sight infront of me left me confused for a little bit. Amanda had her eyes opened but it was like she wasn't there. More like how a shell would be like without the vital parts inside it that made it shine.

"Baby? Can you hear me sweetheart?"

I ran my hands all over her exposed skin trying to get a reaction out of her but she didn't even react. At this point I was ready to have a heart attack with how terrified I was. When she didn't react to me caressing her face and softly calling her name, I scooped her up into my arms and carried her into her room.

I sat down with her, still safely cradled in my embrace and lap where she was safe. I was so scared to even begin to think about what was actually going on in that moment. I pulled the blanket on her bed and covered her ice cold body with it, rubbing her precious body with my hands.

"Baby. Can you hear me? Please say something. Tell me what hurts and I'll fix it please."

When nothing worked, tears began pouring  down my eyes feeling helpless. When she didn't even react to my touch which was next to impossible, my panic mode intensified. Because everytime I put my hands on her it always felt like a million fireworks exploding simultaneously at the same time. When shaking her didn't seem to work, I grabbed her neck pulling her mouth on mine. I tried not to moan when my lips touched hers but like I said fireworks so it was inevitable.

If I couldn't pull her from whatever nightmare daze she was in the normal way then I knew what would. She instinctively responded to my kiss and I gasped looking down at her.

"Kyle?"

She whispered and more tears fell out of my eyes at the vacant look in hers.

"Yes it's me baby. It's your Kyle."

"Kyle."

She said my name over and over but it was like she didn't even see me so in my desperation, I laid her down on the bed and removed the blanket from her body. If more of my touch brought her back to me then I would give her more.

I kissed her mouth again, hungrily this time and she responded hesitantly. I pushed any thoughts that told me that this was a bad idea and it was wrong to the side. The woman I loved needed me and I was going to do whatever I could to bring her back to me.

Her shorts and panties were gone before I finally placed my mouth on her tender flesh. She moaned instantly when I pushed my tongue deep into her sweet spot, replying with a growl of my own to her amazing taste.

"Kyle?"

She questioned and I hummed in response rubbing my thumb on her clit. She moaned louder and I felt her small hands pushing into my short hair and I smiled as I thought.

There she is.

"Kyle. Yes. Oh my gosh."

I removed my tongue only to push my finger in her replacing my thumb with my lips. She screamed as she bucked before coming with an ear piercing scream. I lapped her juices still moving my finger in and out of her until she calmed.

"I love you Kyle."

She whispered before she collapsed into a deep sleep and I kissed her up her body as my heart clenched painfully yet happily.

"And I love you too. More than you can ever imagine."

I swallowed down the bile that rose in my chest before whispering in her ear.

"More than I ever loved anyone else."

*********

Okay!!

This is exciting stuff I tell you.

Now vote please.

Thank you!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

741K 76.7K 28
في وسط دهليز معتم يولد شخصًا قاتم قوي جبارً بارد يوجد بداخل قلبهُ شرارةًُ مُنيرة هل ستصبح الشرارة نارًا تحرق الجميع أم ستبرد وتنطفئ ماذا لو تلون الأ...
451K 9.8K 40
where two best friends realize their true feelings during a simple game with friends corpse x !fem oc
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
3.2M 203K 90
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...