Kindred

By Makuro767

Danny Fenton was 14 when he died and came back wrong. It had been 3 years since and a lot has changed for him... More

The Ice Queen of Casper High
Kindred
Getting To Know Elsa
Cold Secrets Deep Inside
SnowCheek & DeadOnCommand
Sparkly Vampires
Lichtenberg
You Can't Hurt Me If You Try
Ghosts And Spirits
Ghost Zone's Most Wanted...Bachelor
Danny's Dilemma
Haunting Realization
Paper Faces On Parade
Wicked
Anna
Enter Ellie
Phantom Fall
Consequence
Dark Side of Popularity
Feral
Ice Queen's Return
Why Not?
Rot Next To You
Obsessions
Monster
Goodbye, My Queen
I'll Wait For You, My Sweet
Epilogue

Guardians of Spirits

34 3 0
By Makuro767

When Elsa first arrived in Amity Park, she was unsure. A week after her arrival, she enrolled into Casper High and almost crashed into Danny who was busy flirting with his girlfriend. He was still with Sam Manson then. Along with his other friend awkwardly standing near, Tucker Foley. That year, she had to share a locker with someone that owned the locker besides Danny. Being so new to the surrounding and the idea of school itself, she had not noticed his bulk until she crashed into him from avoiding a group of rowdy younger girls squealing about Phantom's latest fight.

That was how she met Danny Fenton.

He was also the one that was entrusted by Mr Lancer to show her around school. She had noticed that he appeared tired, the underside of his eyes painted in the bruises of fatigue. His blue eyes were dull, almost dead even as he was animatedly showing her around. His hair was messy, as if he just rolled out of bed and couldn't be bothered. He had not worn a glove back then, but a glance of his fingers against her skin caused her fine hair to rise in goosebumps. He was shorter, smaller in size and height but still a full head taller than her.

One his job was done, he quickly left her for his friends. Then a ghost attacked the school. Elsa was lost, not knowing what to do. She tried to follow what the students around her were doing but with so many people and her control still horrible, she ended up separating from them in fear of hurting them. She was seeking a place to hide when a missile almost hit her. Before she could do anything, a green shield snapped between her and the missile. Then, he appeared to defend her.

That was how she met Danny Phantom.

He was lively, despite being a ghost, glowing a gentle white like the moon. His hair white and the ends trailed away like stardust, they floated about his head as if he was underwater. She thought that he looked cold. She had wondered if he had died frozen. His lips were almost bruised like those freezing in the cold as he was so pale he looked almost blue in shade. But his eyes were what caught her attention. They were bright green, swirling like twin portals, a single slice of bright white took the place of his pupils, like a cat's eye. The sclera of his eyes dark, almost black, as he looked over to her to ensure that she's okay. Then, with a twitch of his elongated ears tapered to a sharp point, he moved to intercept another attack.

He took the fight away from her and only when he was out and gone did the shield over her disappeared. She quickly regain her emotional control and walk out to where the other students were. Danny Fenton found her wandering and was quick to call her over to him where the rest of the students were being counted. He gave her the same cursory glance before smiling and talking about random things about ghosts.

She took it in, noticed that there was a scratch on his jaw that was bruising, recalling the same spot where Phantom was hit and thought about it. It was only after school ended and catching sight of Fenton coaxing a cat down from a tree did the thought about them being the same occurred to her. It should have been impossible to even think of it, but Elsa had lived an impossible existence all her life.

As she continued to observe both Fenton and Phantom, she knew that she was right when even Matthias pointed out their obvious similarity. At first she had wondered why no one in Amity seemed to talk about it, or at least gossip about it like Paulina and her cohort would gossip about Phantom to anyone with too little life to live to listen to her. Then, Paulina unknowingly gave her a clue.

No one knew...or noticed that the living Fenton and the dead Phantom were one and the same.

It wasn't that Paulina suddenly grew a bigger brain that can process things other than all the shallow things that she held as gospel. No. Rather, it was how she and Dash Baxter treated Danny Fenton. As the so called biggest fans of Phantom, they behaved horribly with Fenton. It was only when Danny grew larger than the jock did the blond fool stopped pushing him around. Which was good because Elsa was getting tired of seeing the jock getting karma from Danny's passive aggressive retaliation.

Elsa realized why she was sent to Amity Park when a plant monster attacked Amity. Everyone was in a tizzy because it apparently once succeeded at controlling all of them and taking over the town. Before she could panic, however, Phantom arrived and froze the ghost solid as well as the ground before sucking it into a sleek device. That...caused her to believe that Phantom could help her.

But she didn't approach either Fenton or Phantom. Not when most of her interaction with him was waking him up from sleeping on her locker's door. She was sincerely worried about his health as some days, his cheeks looked hollowed out. He always seemed to carry himself with a sort of hunger in his pose. Then he broke up with Sam. It caused quite the stir in their school as they were apparently the couple that everyone both hated and loved. Hated because of their annoyingly sweet interaction. Loved because people actually made money from betting on whether they will be together or not...they also made money over them breaking up.

Sam stopped coming to his locker but Danny still slept on Elsa's. In the end, she told him to hoard energy bars when he could because his stomach kept growling whenever she was near. After that, he looked a little more alive and stopped sleeping so much on her door. Honestly, his locker was next to her shared one but still he kept snoring away on hers.

It was because of these that when she finally managed to talk to Phantom and informed him that she knew, that Elsa insisted on feeding him and put him to sleep. Going as far as to offer her bedroom's beanbag as a place for him to get a quick power nap.

Imagined her surprise when he kept coming back. Even as Fenton, he did not avoid her like she expected of him. She was...honored by his easy trust in her. It seemed that he trusted her action of not saying anything to him regarding his double life. She had half expected that he will keep an eye on her or something. Wasn't that was how these things go? At least in the numerous medias that ever portrayed it.

Still, he was often busy fighting ghosts and she didn't want to burden him with her personal problems...

Then he found out about her ability anyway.

It was not even a day since she told him that she knew that they were paired together for a project. They grew closer through their constant interaction through the project and she learned more about Danny. Unlike her, he didn't hold anything back about himself much. She already knew about the things he kept secret...even from his friends. She didn't really understand why he trusted her but she was humbled by it. Though it was probably because she had proven that she will kept matters that were private to him to herself instead of sharing.

With people blaming ghosts to explain weird things, Elsa could actually experiment with her abilities. The fact that all the tiny ghosts kept coming to her, she had a lot of personal training at freezing ghosts. Then...she learned that Phantom ate them. Since then, she had been gathering the little ghosts and carried them on her person to feed Phantom whenever she interact with him. Then, when it didn't seem so strange, she started adding them to the food that she will feed Fenton with.

She sincerely thought that he needed good food, especially with his size.

With her efforts, he stopped dozing away in class so much.

Danny was always running off chasing ghosts. She had, surprisingly (!), made a joke about it being his unscheduled part-time job that he didn't even get paid with. He simply rolled with it and since then, started calling it such. He was kind enough to give her a heads up when 'duty called' whenever they had to work together on their shared project. He often told her that he made a terrible partner because of his part-time job. But she understood and tried to accommodate his need.

Father was sometimes called away even when he had promised a family day.

She understood the weight of duty, especially when many livelihoods depended on their shoulders.

(She did get a little lonely whenever Danny had to rush off but she understood)

As they grew closer, she realized that this must be how it felt like to make friends. Danny was her only friend, especially now that she was separated from Anna. She started to talk about him often. To her, there was no difference between Fenton and Phantom. She did not speak of his power or his double life, but she observed him as one person. Anna had pointed this new habit of hers out, but she thought that it was normal. To talk about her friend because he was part of her day whenever asked was normal, right?

Elsa didn't know anything about being a normal girl. So she had acted as herself; distant, aloof, and capable. Because someone like her must be perfect. She cannot afford to be imperfect.

But Danny didn't want a perfect Elsa. He let her made mistakes, no matter how small. He let her show her feelings, no matter how little. It was hard to be poised and composed around him when he seemed determined to make her laugh with his random jokes. Even his rant about ghosts that disturbed his rest nightly was interesting to listen to. Even though most of the time he seemed to be stiff when he didn't move for too long, or that he's always looked a little dead, he was actually very lively.

His moments of weakness around her allowed her to weak too.

His admittance of fear when they learned about her impending immortality allowed her to feel afraid too.

Elsa didn't need to be anyone important around Danny. She didn't need to be ice. He thawed her. He made her feel like a person and not a caricature of the perfect heir. Even Anna, bless her heart, could not thaw her completely. Control was everything to Elsa. Control meant safe. But she didn't need that around Danny. She didn't need to be safe with him.

She can't hurt him even if she tried.

His strength gave her a sense of safety.

She had grown to rely on that from him.

So when she opened her bathroom door after hearing a crash coming from her bedroom only to find, not an enemy or an invader or even a ghost, but Danny Fenton on her bed. Danny, who was just nervously introduced Ellie to Jazz this morning. Danny, who slept in her room as usual last night before disappearing and returning several times to hunt ghosts. Danny, who ate a 'ghost cereals' with cold milk for breakfast this morning at the dining room with her and Anna and Ellie. Danny, who was strong was now bleeding out his dead, cold, black blood all over her bed sheets.

Her control, thawed but still holding on, shattered at the sight.

She panicked, causing a blizzard to swirl in her room as she tried to see what she can do to help him. Her dear friend. Her dearest of friend. As she let the ice of control took over her emotion, putting on the thawed mask over her face once more, hardening it further to keep a cool head, she started to do damage control. She didn't know who could have done such a thing to Danny.

So many suspects.

But she knew that from the wound, it must had been a human attack.

She knew that Danny preferred to take his battle up high where there will be little casualties. Something that he recently started doing after so many property damage due to fighting low on the ground. He was also stronger up there, near to the space that he loved so much. That would also meant that whichever hunter could get the drop on him must be able to chase him in the sky.

One name popped up in her head.

Red Huntress.

Elsa kept her thoughts to herself as Matthias all but flew towards Fenton Works. However, when she saw Valerie Gray, Danny first ex, sitting on the steps of Fenton Work looking as pale as a ghost, everything fell into place. Danny had shown a dislike towards the girl that only grew with time. He used to at least greet her at school but lately, he outright avoided her. He only did that towards people that his dead side could not handle. Just like how he was tepid with Sam after their breaking off.

Phantom, his ghost side, the more emotional side of him, could not handle being near them. Not without some sorts of violent effect on him. Being close, forcing himself to be friendly with them, was actually painful for him. So he avoided them. Because that was Danny Fenton being kind. Because Danny Phantom might just hurt them to Protect himself.

So, seeing his murderer sitting there on the steps, looking like a victim...

It infuriated her.

For the first time in her life, Elsa reacted emotionally with violence.

As much as she wanted to stab Valerie's open would of guilt with stakes made of ice, to make her bleed upon the ice of her glacial anger, Elsa did not have the luxury to do it. Deciding that Valerie was not worth her wasting time when she could better use it to quickly get Danny help, she closed the door on her face. Once Jazz drove the Specter Speeder through the Ghost Portal, Elsa looked as Matthias took Danny out to massage his body, to stave off the setting rigor mortis.

His presence was her sanctuary in the world of men. She cannot hurt him even if she tried, but people will hurt him with their knowledge and weapon to hurt ghosts. Elsa stood on the side of the spirits. She was meant to be their voice, their protector. Danny's a kind of spirit. That meant that as he protect both spirits and humans from each other, she will be his Protector. A resolution settled inside her heart.

Jazz's voice called out to her, "We are here,"

Elsa nodded. As Jazz carefully but clumsily landed the Speeder, she looked at Danny. Cold and unmoving. His chest still of the breath that he sometimes forgot to draw. His eyes dark instead of dull with the imitation of life that he tried to force it reflect. It was...eerie to see him like so. Like an empty house without anyone within.

She hated it.

Once Jazz stopped the vehicle and opened the door, Elsa stepped out and raised her hand. She drew on her power and set them off like a rocket before exploding like a firework made of ice. She cannot afford to hide her power. She knew that the ghosts that Danny was always worrying about might set their eyes on her. She knew that she would not be strong enough to defend herself from them. Skulker might even hunt her down simply because she was rare. But Elsa will not hide.

Danny needed her.

Jazz gasped, "What was that?"

Elsa answered as she waved her hands to create a sled, "Me," She gestured at her icy creation, "Put Danny on it, Matthias," The man obeyed as he gingerly placed Danny onto the sled. Ropes made of ice formed and she looked at him, offering the lengths, "Pull,"

Ice. She needed to be ice for this.

As she trekked over the snowy landscape, Jazz looked at her with questions. Elsa answered, "This is my secret. Danny have been helping me,"

Jazz gulped, huddling deeper into her silver winter coat, "Aren't you cold?"

Elsa shook her head, "The cold does not bother me,"

It did not take them long to see Frostbite coming in their direction. He looked stern as he settled his gaze on her, "Lady Elsa. That was unwise of you. Now, the Ghost Zone will be aware of your presence,"

She shook her head, "I will face the consequences later. But as for now..." Her voice shook, "Can you revive Danny?" She gestured at the sled containing his still body.

Frostbite's eyes widened, "Great One? Goodness! By the Great Chaos! What happened?"

He quickly picked the sled before running off with him. Elsa quickly followed him, Matthias and Jazz right behind her, slowed by the thick snow. She followed the Yeti deep into the stronghold of Far Frozen, where the ice cavern entrance gave way to warmth and advanced technologies. He took Danny through a room but he paused long enough to tell them, "Please wait,"

The door closed on them after that.

Elsa stared at the door, her ice freezing within.

Jazz collapsed on a chair lining the wall outside what must be the treatment room. Matthias stood close, face stern as he stood guard. She mumbled random things before breathing in and out, trying to collect herself. Elsa shifted away from the door. She paused by Matthias, "I will be in the arena. The Yeti will know should you ask. I..." She curled her fingers into fists by her sides, "I am at my limit,"

As she walked away, her ice grew stronger and frost trailed after her every steps. By the time she reached the familiar arena where Danny took her so that she could use her power freely without fear of harming anyone, Elsa finally let go of her ice. It cracked and crumbled as she let her hold on her emotions free. Tears streamed down from her face as she shots out ice after ice, raging against her dear friend's unfortunate fate.

Looking at Danny, Elsa knew she had it easier.

Her parents still loved her. Her sister still adored her. Even though through the years and due to her fears, she had pushed them away. To protect them, she swallowed it all. Even when war erupted upon the revelation of her power by a staff, she was protected. She was sent far away, hidden in obscurity, to a place she was told she could find help. She had it easy.

She still have a future to look forward to. She was alive and loved. She was cherished. Danny, on the other hand, lost it all the day he became a Halfa. His moral compass too strong to make use of his power for evil. She did not understand him fully, after all, her heart still beat. His heart was the race of a dying life. As his power grew, life became harder. She can tell, after dancing with him that night on Halloween, that there was a reason why he grew weary of living. His body was not working as it should had he been alive. He grew, yes, but his body was like that of a living corpse.

He suffered from stiffness when he didn't move much because rigor mortis was fighting to settle into his joints. His body was cold because his blood was dead. He was very much the image of a zombie. That was why his dream to become an astronaut was impossible. He was a mockery of the living. Yet life and death will not grant him his respite. He was always running from both humans and the dead. That was why his eyes always looked so tired. That was why, for all his kindness to her, Elsa opened her door to give him sanctuary.

He deserved protection from life itself. That was why she kept everything calm around her whenever they're together. That was why she did not argue when he insisted that she kept her power to herself even when she could have fought beside him to help him. He was always Protecting everyone and everything, carrying that heavy duty on his shoulders despite how tired it made him feel.

So she offered him a place to rest, away from the danger in his own home. She gave him a place where he can sleep and eat. Although she was not a ghost hunter, her guards had enough training that they can defend the manor should any ghosts dared to show up. Her home was a fortress. There, in her room, he can rest without worry. She had taken them into consideration when she offered asylum to him.

Still, it horrified her to find him...bleeding out on her bed. Even at the end of...whatever danger he had found himself in, he had sought the sanctuary of her home. Had found her the source of comfort and safety. It wasn't that it horrified her that he found her safe, but rather that he could not find any other place to be so safe as to be hurt and unguarded besides her room. It saddened her that he did not have anywhere else to go for safety.

Not even the house he grew up in.

A moment later, she was called in. Elsa quickly made her way back, following the back of the Yeti before her. Once she reached the room Danny was admitted to, Frostbite looked at her, "He's critical. He needed a lair,"

Jazz frowned, "But where? He's unconscious. How was he to choose?"

Frostbite looked at Elsa, "He had already chosen his Home," He pointed at her, "He sought you out, did he not? He had decided that you're his Home. Your heart is his Tomb,"

Elsa looked at Danny, pale on the bed before reaching over to brush his bang aside, the words coming to her on its own,"You once told me that I'm like spring. You compared me to the fluffiest snow and the fuzziest frost. If I can bring you comfort and safety, like a fortress carved out of ice hiding a cozy home within, then...allow me to be your Tomb. I will be the ice that will keep you unmolested, Protect you from the world around us,"

She was a Guardian of Spirits. Of things that moved the world. Danny was a kind of spirit himself. One that straddled the line between the dead and the living. She existed to protect beings like him. Just like how winter protected the world as it slept for spring, she will entomb him in an eternal ice that will keep him safe from other humans like Valerie. She was born to be a Guardian, just like him, she Protects. And so, she will Protect him.

Ice settled deep in her heart as his complexion grew better...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 79 18
Yes, it's Pitch Pearl, but this AU is mine, so yeah. Warning- Mentions of suicide, abuse, neglect, and death. So, don't like, don't read! Anyway, ont...
3.8K 131 20
🎉*Completed*🎊 Danny Fenton is known to have crazy parents, a smart sister, and just a normal loser in Casper High. But what a lot of people don't k...
201 2 19
I am just updating my story to a combined 2 POV story of Sabrina and Danny. That's why it's smaller now. Sorry Sabrina Spirat (pronounced like spear...
81.6K 2.5K 17
[Status: Discontinued.] "LuvAnimeSongs" appears only on Wattpad, Quotev, and FanFiction. To let everyone know if my stories are being stolen without...