Kindred

By Makuro767

Danny Fenton was 14 when he died and came back wrong. It had been 3 years since and a lot has changed for him... More

The Ice Queen of Casper High
Kindred
Getting To Know Elsa
Cold Secrets Deep Inside
SnowCheek & DeadOnCommand
Sparkly Vampires
Lichtenberg
You Can't Hurt Me If You Try
Ghosts And Spirits
Ghost Zone's Most Wanted...Bachelor
Danny's Dilemma
Haunting Realization
Paper Faces On Parade
Wicked
Enter Ellie
Phantom Fall
Guardians of Spirits
Consequence
Dark Side of Popularity
Feral
Ice Queen's Return
Why Not?
Rot Next To You
Obsessions
Monster
Goodbye, My Queen
I'll Wait For You, My Sweet
Epilogue

Anna

31 3 0
By Makuro767

Danny yawned as he shoved Johnny and Kitty into the dispenser along with Shadow. He looked down to see snow covering Amity Park. He grumbled about Christmas. He learned his lesson with Ghostwriter but that did not mean that he has to like it. His parents ruin any good Christmas cheer. But at least Vlad won't be able to prank him, since the fruitloop had to attend some kind of politicians gala in New York or something. His parents would also be out of Amity Park, thanks the Ancients, for some sort of scientists gathering at their old college town or something. Jazz will be home for Christmas, which was awesome for Danny.

He floated down to see extra cars on Elsa's ground. They looked important so he turned invisible and flew close to peek into the house. He can hear where the noises were loudest and spied her talking to a girl with dark strawberry blond hair. He had seen the girl before, her little sister; Anna. She should be around 14 this year.

Matthias suddenly appeared at the window, hand palming the gun on his hip. Danny quickly appeared before him, sheepishly waving at the man. Matthias relaxed before turning around to address the sisters, "Miss Elsa, your special friend is here,"

Danny knew that by 'special', he meant him as Phantom, and not...the other kind of 'special'. Still, it tickled his core something warm to be referred as special to Elsa. The window opened at her request and Danny flew in, awkwardly waving at the gawking younger girl, "Hey Elsa. I was just...passing through..."

He just needed to check on her.

Anna gasped, "You're friend with Danny Phantom?!"

Elsa sighed, "Yes, Anna. Now, treat him like a person and lower that idol worship,"

Anna blushed at the call out, "Elsa!"

Danny chuckled, "Ah. I see. A fan," He offered a handshake, "Nice to meet you. Just call me Danny,"

Anna gawked at his hand before reverently grabbed it with both of hers, "Your hand is so big..."

Danny looked at it, "Is it? I don't know. It's just my hand to me,"

Anna marveled, "Cold..."

Danny laughed, "Yeah. I'm cold. Being a ghost and all, you know?" He glanced at Elsa, wondering if Anna knew. Elsa simply just looked on, a small smile on her lips as she watched her sister's idolization of him with fond eyes. Danny realized that Anna must be very important to her. He will have to be extra nice. So he looked at her, "Say, Anna, right?" At her eager nod, he asked, "Where did you go to school?"

Anna blinked and let his hand go before mumbling, "Some stuck up private school in Europe,"

Danny wondered why Anna would be sent to such an obviously important place while Elsa ended up in such an obscure school in America that no one would even remember. But looking at Elsa, she was relaxed and sipping her tea. Clearly the one with trouble in this arrangement was Anna and not Elsa. He knew that there must be a reason why Elsa was practically hidden away in a town that was hardly on the map. Even their fame as the capital of haunting wasn't enough to put their name out into the world, unless one was into the supernatural.

Elsa was fine at being hidden away.

Anna wasn't.

He wanted to know but...he didn't want to lose Elsa's trust. He knew, after almost half a year of knowing her, just how hard it was for her to trust anyone. She was a fortress, hiding secrets deep inside. Her distrust came from her need to protect. Understanding this, he never pushed to know more.

He could ask Clockwork.

But that would be bad.

So, instead of pushing for answer, he smiled at Anna, "Tell me about stuck up schools. You're not bullied there, are you?"

They'd better don't. He might just visit Frostbite and ask to borrow the Infi-map just to haunt the crap out of those brats if they do. Elsa wanted Anna safe and Danny will make sure that the little sister remained so, even from petty humans. He mentally shook away that ghostly fury.

Anna laughed, "No! I'm good at staying out of trouble!"

Elsa hummed, "You mean you're good at causing trouble,"

Anna pouted, "Elsa!"

Elsa quirked a brow, "Who was it that stole a horse and had a joy ride through the farmland when she should be studying instead?" At Anna's blush, she added, "And wasted ingredients by making a tall tower sandwich from the Scooby-Doo cartoons that she can't even finish?"

Anna whined, "Elsa~!"

Danny watched as the sisters talked to each other. He noticed that he could sense Elsa's magic from Anna but it was concentrated. That was when he noticed the streak of white in Anna's red gold hair. He wondered over that but he didn't want to ruin the mood. He looked to the side to see Matthias putting a mug of hot chocolate with fluffy white cream on top, sprinkled with marshmallows. Matthias nodded at the drink before walking back to his position, standing in parade rest.

Elsa looked at him, "Anna brought some custom fudge. Would you like them?"

Danny finally noticed the box of chocolate fudge with sprinkles and the word 'My Sister's The Best-' with pink hearts sprinkled all over it. Two squares had been eaten. He smiled, "Don't mind if I do,"

He's not a fudge addict like his father but he do enjoy good fudges when offered.

Anna gasped, "You can eat?"

Danny looked at her, mouth full. He nodded as he swallowed, "Yeah. I'm a special kind of ghost," He guessed that Anna didn't know from the question. He hummed before looking back at the fudge in his hand, "Man, this is really good. So moist and...chocolate-y,"

Anna grinned, "Right?! I found it while scrolling through the..."

As she talked, Danny listened quietly. From he could see from Anna herself, and from the few that Elsa told him about her, Anna was the outgoing one of the sisters. She was indeed very lively when compared to Elsa. Not that Elsa wasn't lively, she's just more restrained in how she showed her lively side. Anna was much more open about her thoughts and feelings. She was also more playful than Elsa as she often made jokes and funny faces.

She then asked Elsa, "So, about that boy...the other Danny...are you ever going to introduce him to us?"

Danny blinked, wondering what this was about. The only other Danny that Elsa knew would be him, after all. He quietly sip his hot chocolate, looking at Elsa curiously.

She replied, "You will see Danny when you see him,"

Anna hummed, "He's cute,"

Danny choked.

She looked at him, "Are you alright?"

Danny smiled, "Yeah. Don't worry. It just went down the wrong pipe," He waved her off but noticed Matthias pressing his lips to hide his amused grin. Yeah. Sure. Enjoy his awkwardness.

Anna continued, "I mean, there are the other cute boys in my school but they are all so childish! Your friend Danny on the other hand sounds like a responsible young man,"

Elsa looked at her, quirking a brow, "What are you trying to say?"

Yeah, Anna, what were you trying to say?

Anna twisted her lips, "I'm just saying...is he your boyfriend?"

Elsa coughed, cheeks blazing red, "Anna! We are just friends. Boys and girls can be friend without any romantic attachment to them. So put that thought out of your mind," She sighed, "Besides...I won't be here forever,"

At first, Danny was glad his mouth was empty when Anna asked that question. But now, he felt cold. He knew that Elsa wasn't a local from the start. One day, she will leave Amity Park behind. She will leave him behind. He gulped as he focused on the present. That day will still be a long way away. Maybe she'll choose to stay?

Anna grumbled, "Oh, come on! You always talked about him whenever we face timed!"

She did?

Elsa frowned, "Anna. We are friends. And you know as well that he is my only friend. You asked about my day, I spent it with Danny, is it really any surprise that I will be talking about him?" Even so, her face looked redder than usual. Danny tasted something like embarrassment (?) coming from her.

Anna stared at her, "Hmm...are you sure about that?"

Were she?

...fudge that, he's not ready to face it.

Danny cleared his throat, "You shouldn't tease your sister too much, Anna,"

Anna pulled away, slumping against the couch, "Fine~!" She then looked at him, "Is there anyone you like?"

Danny laughed, "I'm off the market forever! Too dead to be dating anybody!"

Anna's smile disappeared, "Oh...sorry..."

Danny blinked as her sudden shift of mood, "Huh?"

Elsa sighed, "Anna. He's joking...about half of it. Phantom is fond of his graveyard joke," She sipped her tea, "It's a ghost thing, I heard," She hid her smirk at him behind her cup.

Danny rolled his eyes before smiling at Anna, "Yeah. It's a ghost thing. Even when we are not 'evil'," He wiggled the air quote fingers, "We just loves scaring people. It is all in good fun, really,"

Anna perked up, he could almost see a dog tail wag behind her as she asked, "Does that mean you play pranks?"

Elsa sighed, "Anna..."

Anna hopped on the chair giddily, "Oh, come on! It sounds like ghosts just want to live a little!" She winked at him before looking at Elsa, "You should try pranking people!"

Elsa looked at Danny, "Look at what you have done. I'll be pranking you for this,"

Danny flashed his green eyes an icy blue, "Bring it, snow cheeks!"

Anna looked like Christmas just came early as she squealed, "Snow cheeks?!"

Elsa raised a brow, "What of it?"

Anna giggled, "He gave you a nickname! That is so cute!" She asked her, "So what's his nickname?"

Danny blinked before smirking at Elsa, "Yeah, snow cheeks, what's my nickname?"

Elsa smashed a snowball at his face, "None. I have none for you. Now, don't you have ghosts to police?"

Danny ignored Anna's wide eyed wonder as she stared at the snow left on his face as he gathered the one that had fallen on his lap to gobble it up, "Yum. Ice cream,"

Anna asked, "You...know about Elsa's...magic?"

Danny nodded, "Yeah. I have been helping her how to better control it," He grinned, "The secret to controlling her power...is to enjoy that she even have it in the first place!"

Anna smiled, the tense air that fogged her general direction lifted with relief, "She have someone..." She grinned at him, "We should have snowball fight!"

Danny laughed at Elsa's horrified look but when Anna left the room, he sensed it. It was more than just mock horror. There was a tinge of worry. Like the time when she stared at his hand when he first offered it to her. Not knowing when Anna will return, he approached her, "Elsa? Is everything alright?"

She blinked, as the haunted look in her eyes disappeared. She stood up and gestured for him to follow her. Once she closed the door to the room there were in, she stepped into the garden and Danny watched as the snow fluttered all around her. Reflecting the turmoil that she hid within. He stepped closer, unafraid, "Elsa..."

She looked at him, "I...am sure you noticed the white in Anna's hair..."

He nodded, "I sensed a story there..."

She sighed, "I know that I have better control now...but once, when I was younger, control wasn't something I worry about. Wielding my power...was breathing to me. I loved it!" She smiled, reminiscing, "I loved it more when I can use to make Anna smile. Even from a young age, my magic was something she enjoyed watching. We played so many winter games within our home regardless of the season. However...one morning...while we were playing, I...I hit her..."

Danny felt his core tremble at the pain in her voice.

Elsa continued, "I hit her in the head and...and she won't wake up..." She shook her head, "That was when I started to fear my power. Even though the person who told me to come here managed to fix her, Anna did not recall any memories of us playing together. It was only when...the problem back home grew that she even learned why I kept my door closed to her. I...sacrificed our bond for the sake of her safety...safe...from me,"

Danny touched her shoulders, calming the tremble of her frame, and pulled her close. She stiffened for a moment before she turned around and threw her arms around him. His core warmed but he knew that Elsa needed this. She had feared touching others for fear of what harm her power could bring.

This meant that...she had not have human touch for a very, very long time by her own choice.

Holding everything back for the sake of protecting others...from herself.

His Obsession resonated.

He whispered, "You must have been so scared and alone,"

She sobbed, nodding against his chest. Even as frost of her power crept up his back, Danny simply bask in the chill she brought him. He's colder than her. Dead cold. But Elsa was like the frost that kept living thing alive against the frigid winter. Preserving them for spring. Even as she frosted him over in her grieve for her lonely childhood, he simply embraced it as the touch of life.

She only ever held him because she knew that she could not hurt him even if she tried. This belief had led to her always seeking to hold his hand or touch him whenever she could. It was an innocent touch seeking comfort instead of lust. And he welcomed it, even seeking her out so that she could reach him. If touching him brought her comfort, then he will welcome anything from her.

He asked, "Well, I could play snowball fight with Anna. You could keep score for us," He looked down at her, "Will that be better?"

Elsa drew in a deep breathe, taking in the scent of winter from him, before nodding, "Yes,"

He smiled, rubbing her back, "Okay. Now let's get back inside before she starts thinking we are dating instead of you and Danny Fenton," As he pulled away, he asked, "Elsa...why didn't you tell her?"

She wiped her eyes before looking at him, "It's your secret,"

He quirked a brow, "Matthias seemed to know,"

She smiled, brighter and clearer now, "That's because he was the one who asked me about you being Fenton. I said nothing but he's smart too, you know. Need to be observant to be any good at his job,"

Danny blinked, "Wait...does that mean everyone in the manor know but said nothing?"

She winked, "We understand the importance of secrets, Danny,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 79 18
Yes, it's Pitch Pearl, but this AU is mine, so yeah. Warning- Mentions of suicide, abuse, neglect, and death. So, don't like, don't read! Anyway, ont...
38.6K 1.3K 31
Book 1 of 2 Your mom decided to move out to Amity Park and you notice that things here are just a bit strange. Next to a hero ghost who gets hurt a l...
20.9K 793 24
(Completed!) When a new enemy rises, it's up to Danny to come to the rescue, but what will happen if he's the one that needs to be saved? Can three...
52 1 7
Danny Phantom, your not so normal teenager with his more normal friends. As Danny continues to try and balance life as both a Ghost and a normal Teen...