The Waiting Game || Harry Sty...

Por i-miss-1d

Harry and Katie have always been best friends. The only issue is that Katie was in love with him. That is unt... Más

Introductions
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 13

27 1 4
Por i-miss-1d

Katies pov

Harry has no idea what he's started by saying that to me, Will had only just stopped bringing up the fact Liam and Zayn had walked us home. And now I'll have this to deal with. I didn't dare look back at Harry as I walked away, it took everything in me to keep my head forward instead of spinning around. I reach my hand down to Will's to grab, but he moves his away out of my reach. 

And so it starts. 

We carry on walking for a while in silence, but I know I need to try make nice now to soften the blow. Whenever I've tried to play him at his own game it always ends worse. "Thank you for coming, it's really kind of you" 

"Mmhm" He murmurs out, lips in a straight line and jaw tight. 

"Did you walk over?" I question, ignoring his bluntness. 

"No." 

"Oh was the tube busy?" 

"Didn't get the tube" Not even looking at me, just stare set straight on the road ahead. 

"Oh, did you get the bus then?" 

"Fuck me. Didn't realise we were playing twenty questions. I drove is that ok?" Finally snapping, his voice is harsh and heavy. 

"No that's fine. I'm sorry" Taking my eyes off him and focusing back ahead of me. 

"Sorry for what? Being so fucking irritating or spending the afternoon with some random man?" 

"No, Will it wasn't like that I promise, I just bumped into him and he said hello, that's all that happened" My words were spilling out like I couldn't stop, I needed him to believe me. 

We turn a corner and head down a small side road, much quieter than the one we just walked down. The road was darker then the other one, street lights scattered out further apart than before. The two of us carried on walking until we reached his car, walking around the front of it to let myself in the passengers side. 

Will has always driven nice cars, he had a Mercedes at the moment, all black and leather interior. I always admired him driving in London, because I couldn't think of anything worse, I did try to learn in my first year but I got twenty minutes into my first lesson and quit on the spot. It was so busy and everyone was always using their horns even if you didn't need too. So, I got out and walked back to my uni accommodation. 

We pulled away before I could even put my seatbelt on, making me jolt forward. "I'm so sorry, can you slow down a second, I just need to put my belt on." 

My request was denied as the car sped up down the pedestrian filled streets. People moving out of the way of the speeding car and shouting as we passed. I wrestled with the belt but it kept getting jammed with my harsh pulls. 

"Will please, the belt is jammed" I plead, with him. 

"Your fine, the drive is only 5 minutes, you probably got it stuck in the door." 

"Okay? Can we pull over then so I can check?"  slightly taken aback by his sudden lack of safety.

"No. Your fine" 

He carried on speeding down the roads, taking corners harshly forcing me to grab onto the door for support. I kept looking over to him face cold and stern, causing my stomach to turn slightly. I had never seen him like this before, normally so composed even when angry but that had all seemed to go out the window. But, this can't just be because of me talking to Harry. 

"Tell me the truth Katie" He snaps 

"W-what do you mean truth?" stomach dropping at the question

"Stop fucking lying, if you were buying a necklace where is it?" 

"There wasn't any I liked" 

He slammed his hand on his steering wheel, making me flinch at the sound. "There are loads of jewellers and you didn't like any?" 

"N-no" I felt awful lying to him, but I knew if I told the truth it would just end worse. 

We span around the corner of my road breaking harshly outside the flat. I launch forward, out of my seat causing my head to meet the dashboard. I let out a shriek from the impact, tears welling in my eye line. I move back slowly in my seat and bring my fingers to touch my head. I am bring my hand down and see my fingertips painted red. 

"W-Will" I place my hand back on the wound hoping pressure will stop the bleeding. 

"You fucking shagged him didn't you?" Shouting over me. He turns his head to look at me once he's finished. But he doesn't say anything about my bleeding head, he just looks at me waiting for a response. 

"What are you talking about?" Questioning him back probably wasn't a good idea, but I was just so confused. 

"You slept with him didn't you?" 

"What Harry?" 

"Yes Harry. You fucking slept with him. Do you think you can do better than me Katie? Do you remember the state of you when I first met you? I had to convince my mates you were worth it. And now you think you can cheat on me? After I fixed you?" He's practically screaming towards the end, voice getting louder and louder after each question. 

"N-No I don't think that, I know I can't do better. Will I didn't sleep with him I swear." I take my hand away and look down at the crimson palm, slightly panicked at the pool of blood resting in the rooks of my hand. "Please can we just go inside so I can get a plaster and tissue to clean my head?" 

"You have no one to blame but yourself for that, you could be more careful." He scolds

"No, I know. Please can we just talk inside I don't want to get your car messy" 

He doesn't even say anything before getting out the car and walking towards the entrance of my apartment building. I quickly follow placing my other hand on my wound wincing at the pain under the pressure. Quickening my pace to catch up to him, We walk quickly up the stairs even though I would have preferred to get the lift this time. I grab out my keys to unlock the front door, preying that Niall and Delilah had gone out. 

"Dee are you home? Will is here" I shout out so she doesn't come running and asks about Harry. 

"Im in my room" She yells back 

Fuck sake.

I kick my shoes off and scurry off down the hall to my room, Will following closely behind. Reaching my bedroom I head towards the en suit grabbing toilet roll and wetting it before bringing it up to my head. Pulling open the small draws that are fitted under the sink I pull out an antibacterial wipe and plaster. Cleaning my head with the stinging fabric and pulling a square flesh coloured bandage over the cut. 

Thankfully the bleeding had calmed down on the way up to the apartment, so I didn't need to worry about it leaking through its protectant. I rinse my hands under the sink to clear off any excess blood, before splashing some water on my face getting rid of any previous emotion. Will always hated it when I cried, said it made him uncomfortable. 

I walk out of the bathroom and meet Will who is sat on the end of my bed. I walk over to him and place myself at the top, leaning my back up against the headboard. "Look Will, I completely understand why your upset, but I promise you nothing happened between me and Harry" 

"You just have to understand your a lot more desirable since me Katie, you're almost perfect. So men are going to start showing you a lot more attention" He turns his head to me, expression a lot softer than before.

"I know Will, and thank you for everything you have done, I will never forget it." A small smile creeps over my lips. Because he is right, he's done a lot for me, he did fix me and my habits. 

"It's okay, and I will keep helping you. You know that right?" 

"Of course."

He leans over and plants a kiss on my cheek, leaning back with a smile. Will shuffles himself next to me putting his arm over my shoulders, pulling me closer to him. We stay there for a few short moments before being interrupted by nocking on the door. 

"Can I come in?" Dee talks slightly peering through a crack in the door

"Yeh sure" I prop myself up straight again, making Will change his arm placement. 

"Are you free on the weekend?" She questions, not even acknowledging Wills presence. 

"Er yeah I think so" I look over to Will to get reassurance that we don't have anything planned. 

"Okay good, Niall has invited us for dinner, me you Will and him. He said he wants to get know the others in my life" 

"Thought it was Liam you were shagging" Will perks into the conversation. 

"No, I just met him in a bar" She defends back. "Anyway, can I tell him you guys will be there? He's going to book the table now."

"Erm Will?" I didn't want to say yes for us. Incase he didn't want to. 

"Sounds good" He responds shortly. 

"Thanks Dee" I look up to her and smile 

"What the fuck happened to your head?" Delilah furrows her brows, whilst grabbing my cheeks to get a closer look. 

I can feel Will slightly shift next to me and his body tensing. It causes Dee to shift her eyes from my head to him, and squint her eyes. "I slipped over my shoelace getting out of Will's car, I'm fine didn't even bleed." I reassure making her look back to me. 

"Are you sure?" 

"Yeh promise, I'll see you in the morning." I give her another quick smile as she lets go of my face and turns to leave the room. A small sigh leaves my lips in relief that she bought what I was saying. I sink back into the bed slipping down the headboard, my head stopping when it reaches Will's shoulders. "Sorry about that, I didn't know she was going to come in." 

"She probably thinks I did that to you" He points to the plaster, stuck to my skin. "All because you're too stupid to put on your seatbelt." 

"Im sure she doesn't, but it's not your fault its mine, she knows what I'm like she will understand don't worry." I place my hand on my his chest trying to reassure him. 

"There's nothing to understand Katie, its your fault end of." 

"No I know, sorry I didn't mean it like that." 

"Lets just go to sleep, I have work and you have class tomorrow" He turns on his side back now facing me. 

"Goodnight" I murmur. 

He says nothing back, I reach out and turn the lamp off next to me. Leaving us in complete darkness, and to my own thoughts. 

And my conversation with Harry is all I can think of. How he could go form horrible, to emotional, to seemingly caring and then giving me a glimpse of the old him when he offers to walk me home. In some ways I wish I never went, because last least then I could still pretend to hate him. 

I think the problem is I could never hate Harry. The scariest part is, is that he knows everything, all of my insecurities and how others have used them against me. He showed that today when he bought up my mum, something that I never thought he would use in an argument. And there's the side of him from when he came to university, I know his words aren't harsh. It's his tone. 

He has never actually said anything wrong, it's just the way he says it that makes me feel sick. I can say it a million times and I still won't understand how he is so different, and how much I miss him. I'm just glad we agreed to be civil, because I know it will never be the same as it was. But, I would much rather be able to see him without wanting to cry every time he speaks to me. 

It was progress. 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

234 11 3
"If you love someone you tell them. Even if your scared that it's not the right thing. Even if your scared that it will cause problems. Even if your...
14.3K 557 64
The world finds odd ways to put people together. For them, it was PR. ~ She walked along the shore, the humid air, feeling much colder next to the b...
9.6K 311 40
"Get out before I do something wrong." I said my voice hard and cold. I saw her stumble back a little before she took the support of the side table...
1.4M 35.8K 37
18+ / Very Mature "So you've been stalking me?" "Completely." I laugh at his candor and I watch as his eyes light up, "I applaud your honesty." "Why...