Hai Tujhe Bhi Izazat

By eliraovertheclouds

In Physics, we learn 'Opposites attract', in Chemistry, we learn 'Like dissolves like' and in Biology we lear... More

Character Aesthetics
Chapter 1: Her Life
Chapter 2: His Life
Chapter 3: Hope For The Best
Chapter 4: Varanasi It Is
Chapter 5: Cold Coffee And Sandwiches
Chapter 6: Not Good For Health?
Chapter 7: A Favour
Chapter 8: Anatomy Class
Chapter 9: A New Couple?
Chapter 10: Library Lessons
Chapter 11: Crush?
Announcement
Announcement
Chapter 12: Canteen Or Tea Stall?
Chapter 13: Trouble
Chapter 14: Regret
Chapter 15: Jealous
Chapter 16: Sorry?
Chapter 17: Caring
Chapter 18: New Feelings
Chapter 19: Confused Feelings
Chapter 20; To Be Brave
Chapter 21: Misunderstandings
Chapter 22: Choose Her
Chapter 23 Doing what's right
Chapter 24: Changing Perspective
Chapter 25: Inside the mansion
Chapter 26: Dilemma
Chapter 27: At the police station
Chapter 28: During the holidays
Chapter 29: A mistake
Chapter 30: Brotherly bond
Chapter 31: Movie Night
Chapter 32: Field Trip
Chapter 33: Discovering the truth
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Announcement
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
A/N
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Epilogue

Chapter 64

755 62 13
By eliraovertheclouds

It was past midnight when Abhi heard his doorbell. Who might be here at this time? Is Aaradhya's father back? Has he changed his mind? Or is he here to murder him or something? Abhi's mind ran in different directions before he got up to open the door.

Much to his relief Aaradhya was standing outside his door, looking impatient.

"What took you so long...." her voice stopped when he suddenly yanked her inside his apartment.

In a second the door was closed and she was caged between it and Abhi.
"You look so hot when you take a stand for me," Abhi said gently caressing her cheek.

"I am here to talk about something serious," she said pushing him slightly.

"That can wait," Abhi said bending slightly and moving towards her lips, his eyes looking into hers directly, seeking permission. She closed her eyes and connected their lips.

That's the thing she likes about him a lot. No matter how many times they have made out in the past, each time he makes sure that she is comfortable, that she wants it as much as he wants it. How can someone not love this man?

After a few minutes, they separated. Aaradhya buried her face in his chest to hide the dark red colour that must have appeared on her face. And after a few more minutes, she remembered the reason for her sudden visit and reluctantly moved away.

"What did Papa say?" she asked.

"Did he not tell you anything?" he asked.

"No. He just asked me to pack my things and take leave for some time. And rest things will be discussed in Lucknow," she told him.

"So you packed all your things?" he asked.

"No. I won't go unless he promises to give us a chance. He already looked so exhausted today so I did not say anything further. But I am just not going to leave everything here and move back to Lucknow."

"He asked me to bring my parents to meet him there. And my father should apologise too..."

"He asked you to bring your parents to meet him?" Aaradhya asked, pleasantly surprised.

"Yeah," Abhi smiled.

"Why did he not tell me about that then? I was so worried all this time. When I made sure he was asleep then only I came here," she told Abhi feeling much relieved now. This means her father is ready to give them a chance. She cannot ask for anything more.

"Will your fath....father apo....apologise?" she asked hesitantly.

"I don't know. I'll have to talk to my family now. But don't worry I'll make sure everything goes well now," he said assuring her. He is not sure about his father's reaction but knowing how much his ego means to him, he knows that convincing him is going to be a tough job.

"Abhimaan Bhai will help you, right?" Aaradhya asked. She knows that Abhi is the closest to his elder brother. He is a father figure to him though he is only three years older than him.

"He will. He always does. Last time he was the one because of whom Dad backed down..."

"Does....does he hate me?" Aaradhya asked in a slow voice. She is the reason Abhimaan's younger brother changed countries, she is the reason he doesn't live with his family, anymore, he has all the right to hate her. But she doesn't want that. Though she has never met him, she respects him a lot.

"Why would he?" Abhi asked.

"Why would he not? Don't get me started with the list," she said.

"Then he might hate you. Now when I recall, he doesn't even want to listen to your name..." he said but stopped when he saw the expression on her face.

"I knew it! Why would he help to convince your father then? It's all because of me..."

"God! I was joking. How do you manage to bring tears in these beautiful eyes of yours so quickly?"

She slapped his arm wiping her face trying not to cry. Why was she so weak? Just a mention of a person hating her and the tearwork starts. But this is not just a person.

"I'll call him now. Let's talk to him. Your doubt will be cleared too," Abhi said guiding her towards the couch.

"What? No! I am not going to talk to him now," her eyes widened.

"Come on! You can talk to Nivedita Bhabhi, too," he said opening his laptop.

"It's so late Abhi. You should not disturb them now," she said.

"It's not a big deal. Bhai usually keeps working till late at night."

"They are a newly married couple, Abhi. Let's not disturb them now. You can call him tomorrow."

"What's the big deal if they are a newly married couple?" he asked innocently trying to suppress his smile.

"I...I don't know. I am going back. What if Papa needs something? Bye," she said getting up quickly but Abhi was quicker to hold her hand and pull her in his lap within a second.

"Abhi!" she whined.

"We'll be newly married in a few days too. Make sure not to get any disturbances then too," he whispered in her ear. Her eyes widened and she struggled to get out of his arms.

"Let me go! I have to pack my things too," she said after realising she could not escape his grip unless he wanted her to.

His grip finally loosened and she stood up immediately. He looked at her amused by the red shade on her cheeks and ears.

"You'll come there soon, right?" she asked when she reached the door.

"I will. I promise," he said.

Aaradhya smiled and left. If anything she is sure about in this situation is that Abhi keeps his promises. He promised her he would come there and get her which means he will do that.

***************************************

Aaradhya got ready to leave with her father the next morning. She wanted to meet Abhi one last time before leaving but that was not possible with her father by her side each second. She texted him before leaving though and she found him standing in front of the building with his car when they came out.

"I'll drop you," Abhi said to her father.

"We have already booked a cab," her father told him.

"Cancel it then. It's not here yet," Abhi suggested.

Aaradhya observed the exchange silently. She feels so intimidated when these two men stand near each other. She was gathering the courage to deny Abhi gently so that her father wouldn't get mad at him when she heard her father calling her.

"Yes?" she looked at her father.

"Cancel the ride," her father said moving towards the car with Abhi.

It took her some time to process that her father had accepted his offer. That was a good sign! She looked at the two men walking in front of her. How badly she wants them to get along! The men she loves the most.

She quickly cancelled the cab and joined them. All the time she kept her head down not meeting the eyes of any of them. Finally, when she looked up, she saw Abhi closing the trunk. He felt her eyes on him and looked in her direction immediately, winking at her. Her eyes widened. She looked in her father's direction, who was busy with something on his phone. For the rest of the ride, she avoided looking at Abhi at all. She doesn't want her father to witness anything that would make the situation more awkward than it currently is.

***************************************

After dropping Aaradhya and her father at the airport, Abhi went to his house directly. He found Abhimaan and his wife present there already. They greeted him warmly. Her mother complained of him becoming weak day by day. He told Abhimaan about everything this morning only and his brother immediately came to his rescue. He cannot be more lucky than this.

"Where is Dad?" Abhi asked.

"He is in the office. But I told him to come back as soon as he can," his mother told him.

"Ok," Abhi nodded.

"She is a lovely girl, Abhi. I met her only once but I can tell you she is the nicest person I have ever met," his mother said caressing his head lovingly.

"You met her?" Abhi asked shocked. No one told him that.

"She did not tell you? I was struggling with my shopping bags and she helped me without even knowing I was your mother...." his mother narrated the whole incident to him.

"I can't wait to meet her! I am also going to Lucknow with you all," Nivedita joined the conversation.

"You don't need to," Abhimaan said.

"Why? I want to!"

"There is no use for everyone to go there. Just fami..... I mean why do you want to waste your time on these things?"

"Let her come if she wants to. What's wrong with you, Maan? Nivi will join us. That's final," his mother interrupted.

Abhimaan did not say anything after that neither did Nivedita. Nivedita and their mother left after some time leaving the two brothers in each other's company.

"Can I ask you something?" Abhi said hesitantly.

"From when did you start to take permission to ask me something?" his brother asked.

"Is.. Is everything alright between you and Bhabhi?" Abhi asked.

"Yeah, of course. Married couples do fight sometimes, Abhi. You will get to know after you get married," his brother answered smiling.

After two hours, Arvind graced them with his presence.

"I am pleasantly surprised to see both my boys in this house, again," he said taking his usual position in the living room.

"We need to discuss something serious," Abhimaam told his father.

"Obviously, you have to. There is no other way you all are present here suddenly," Arvind said trying not to show his hurt to them.

He has worked so hard, even against the normal principles, for his family. He wanted to make sure his sons had good fortune but it turns out they hate him for that. He doesn't regret whatever he has done in his past or whatever he is going to do in the future as long as it helps to make his business strong. But he could have given a little more time to his family and bonded with them.

But what's done is done. There is no use in thinking about it now.

"So what is it?" he asked.

"I like a girl. I need you to meet her family," Abhi said slowly.

"What? Who is that girl? I was thinking of fixing your alliance with one of my business friends...."

"I am not Abhimaan Bhai, Dad. You cannot use me for your business profits," Abhi said bitterly.

"Don't talk to me in that tone, Abhi! I did not force Maan for anything, he himself agreed to the proposal," Arvind said sharply.

Abhimaan shifted uncomfortably in his seat. Why was the topic shifting towards him? He could feel Nivedita's burning gaze on him. Great! Now she knows that he was not forced to marry her!

"She is Aditya Raghuvanshi's daughter. He asked us to meet him in Lucknow," Abhimaan said trying to shift the topic of discussion immediately.

"What? You are not over that girl yet?" Arvind said standing up.

"Please, Dad! Just don't mess up anything this time. I love her. Even her father is ready to give us a chance even after everything you did. Just apologise and..."

"Apologise? Wow! Now my sons want me to beg in front of my biggest enemy. Do you know how much loss I faced because of that man? I backed out because you all asked me to and now he is back again,"

"You backed out because Bhai threatened to leave the business not because we asked you to. For once can you see past the profit and loss of your company, please? This is the last chance I have," Abhi said.

"Ok. Then ask that man to come here and meet me....."

"He asked us to go there and meet them," Abhi said frustrated now.

"Why should we go there? That man is trying to show his superiority to us. Can't you see that? I am not going to go there and meet him let alone ask for an apology," his father said with finality in his tone.

"Fine. Then take this," Abhimaan got up giving him a letter.

Arvind scowled but took the letter and opened it to read.

"You are resigning from the post of CEO?/Seriously? You cannot blackmail me with this every time!" his father said folding up the paper and throwing it away immediately.

"I don't want to, Dad. But you leave me with no other option. The things that your children's love cannot make you do, the fear of not having an heir for your company does. Either let's go and meet them and apologise for the wrongs we once did to them or I am resigning," Abhimaan said with finality in his voice.

Abhi looked at his brother with pride-filled eyes. He has no idea how would he convince his father without his brother.

"I cannot believe this! You all are going against me for a random girl who...."

"Not a word against her, Dad. Not a word," Abhi gritted.

"She is a nice girl, Arvind. A good and reputed doctor with a decent family. What more do you want?" Abhi's mother said this time.

"You sided with your sons, I see," Arvind said bitterly.

"I am siding with the right. Just think about your son's future. His happiness depends on you. I don't know about you but I am going to Lucknow to meet them. And if I have to leave without you, I won't be coming back," she told him slowly yet firmly.

"What do you mean by you will not come back?" Arvind asked, not able to hide his hurt this time.

His wife has always been with him through thick and thin. She may have questioned his decisions many times, and they may have fought over small and big disagreements many times but never once did the thought of her leaving him alone come to her mind.

"I meant what I said, Arvind. Keep your ego aside this time. Please!" she pleaded.

Arvind did not say anything after that, he just left the room and went to his office in the mansion. 

It was the first time he was questioning his life decisions. What did he do so wrong that all his family members loathed him? Even his wife. He built this empire for them. He provided them with all the facilities that they asked for. But he forgot to become an ideal husband, an ideal father.

His sons and wife have more belief in that Raghuvanshi instead in him. He cannot blame them. He created this image of his in front of the world, in front of his own family. And he has a chance to do something right, to do something for his son's happiness. He is not going to leave it. He is going to make full use of it. For the first time in his life he wants to keep his ego aside and do something for his family and he will do it.

***************************************

Hope you like the chapter.

Do vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7K 1.8K 72
" An Indian story background, but Non - Indians can easily connect with it." Ahana Kapoor and Arhaan Malhotra. Two best friends, who've been together...
974 75 48
"Do opposites truly attract or do you get comfortable with a person like you?" I asked him while gazing at the stars. "I think neither is true" he r...
37.9K 3.3K 30
"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." ♡ "I saw this girl at the age of 13...
15K 1.3K 89
The story is set in the imaginary state of Swarnbhoomi in India. The FIRST KISS is always special and when that kiss happens at the tender age of se...