DD/: TheENDtale (Undertale AU...

By HannahRuby69

Error won. But his victory wasn't what he expected, fused with the lone survivor they fought off the demon th... More

Forward
Boundaries
NSFW Overall Disclaimer
DD/:TheENDtale/ What Came After
DD/: TheENDTale/Run Rabbit Run
DD/:TheENDtale/ Pumpkin Vines
DD/:TheENDtale/Strings
DD/:TheENDtale/ Not What I Wanted
DD/:TheENDtale/ Memories
DD/:TheENDtale/ Blueberry Heartaches
DD/:TheENDtale/ Another Episode
DD/:TheENDtale/ FeatERROR's Features
DD/:TheENDtale/ Shards
DD/:TheENDtale/ I'm Sorry

DD/:TheENDtale/Ink's Empathy

6 1 0
By HannahRuby69

Error was in his tower, sitting on his bed staring up at the ceiling. I watched him thoughtfully as he slouched. Walk to the window and threw an eraser at him. This was my chance, my chance to get to know him. My chance to actually talk.

"Hay wanna chat?"
He looked at me annoyed and went to his window, crossing his arms.
"No."

"Oh common! We can be bestest of buddies." I leaned out through the window, I needed to try, please....Error... Let me in.

He looked at me.

"Ew, no."

"Please? I see you in the tower next to mine. I'm bored!!" I dramatically lean over the window seal pretending to faint. Error narrowed his eyes.
"Fine, what do you want?"

"FRIENDSHIP!!!"

Rolling his eyes he leaned against the wall, but there was a small smile.
"Of course..."

I put my hands on my hips, " Oh stop, I'm sure we can. I know we'd fight but maybe this can be a new start?"

He looked at me a bit shocked and looked away softly.
"Or new problems.."

I softened, the vulnerability of his face made my chest tighten. I reached my hand out to him.
"Don't think like that. Things can get better."

He huffed, "For you. Everyone loves you."

"People love you too."

The look on his face was so painful, he looked at me with such hopeless eyes. Turning away he sat on his bed, burying his face in his hands, his voice cracked trying to hold back tears.
"They hate me."

I stared at him. My voice, small but honest.

"I don't hate you."

He lifted his head and stared at me with a look of disbelief but in that stare, he knew I was serious. That I meant every word. I could never hate him, no matter what we've done, no matter how much we've screwed up. I'd never hated you Error. Never.

"Really?" He finally said, his hands shaking.

"Yes, I don't like fighting you. I've wanted to talk to you for so long."

He stood up and looked at me.
"Why?"

"Because I want to. Do I really need any other reason?"

He chuckled and smiled the sweetest of smiles. "No, I guess not."

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ink was staring into the vast expanse, watching the sunset. He wasn't exactly sure where he was or why he was there but the view was beautiful, even inspiring. He pulled out a pencil, some paper and started sketching. Resting on his stomach he hummed to himself, kicking his legs in the air just enjoying the moment.

He stopped and stared out. A memory, like something on the tip of his tongue that he could barely recall.

A face?

A woman?

Vines?

It all felt so random, so he tried to draw them. Over and over he took the fragments of memories and sketched them, trying to fit them together. Until he drew a portrait, a portrait of a woman with short hair that curled at her shoulders and smiled softly as she gazed out.

Ink looked it over and looked at it confused.

"Have I seen her before?" He kept looking at the picture and noticed something odd. He rolled onto his back staring up at the drawing. The more he looked at it the more he felt his body tense. His chest was tight and something was on his face leaking down.

Thinking it was ink that he accidentally smudged on himself he whipped it off.
But instead of ink, it was clear. He looked at it confused as it soaked into his gloves. He whimpered as tears ran down his face, smudging the ink that he did get on himself.

Those tears turned into sobs and he could feel. In that instant seeing her face overwhelmed him. Sadness, joy, longing, heartbreak. It was like he swallowed all the ink in the Doodle Sphere and he couldn't contain it.

He laid on the ground, letting the odd situation pass and once it did he cleaned himself off and took the picture. On the back, he wrote: Find her.

Then shoved it in his pocket.

He looked around where he sat and saw the blue strings around him, decorating the grass in their soft glow. He gathered them and put them in his pocket.

He took a deep breath and smiled looking back as the sunset was almost gone. He stretched and took Broomie, marking the floor with Ink, he stepped through.

As he came out on the streets of a city, walking casually with the crowd he walked to a pleasant home. Knocking on the door, Swap Papyrus opened up. Wearing his light orange sweater he soft smiled at Ink, moving aside to let him in.

"Hi Ink, how are you?"

"I'm doing well! Is Blue home? I wanted to hang out today."

"Yeah but he's a bit depressed" He huff. "Error stood him up again.."

He put both hands in his jacket and slouched obviously upset by the whole ordeal. Ink's smile faded and looked to the hall to Blue's room. He walked softly into Blue curled up on his bed, cocooned in his blankets.

Inksoftly stepping closer, he didn't really understand how to react in this situation, he could feel things in his own way but to fully relate to someone, to empathize with them confused him beyond words. He knew he wanted to help, he wanted to be there for him but the emotions felt distant, like he was encountering something alien and it filled him with an intense tightness in his chest that made it hard to breathe.

He opened the door and decided being cheerful might be the best route.

With open arms and an excited expression, he opened the door.
"BLUE!! I missed you! Do you wanna go out and play?!"

Blue poked his head out and looked at Ink sadly.

"Ink is that you?"

Ink got up close and sat next to him. "Yeah, it's me buddy! You look mighty cozy in those blankets but we could go on a walk? Maybe we could even go play at the park?!"

He leaned forward excitedly trying his best to hype up Blue, but he just buried himself back into the covers. Ink not having any of his shenanigans took the blanket and flung Blue out of the blankets, rolling him onto the bed with a puzzled expression.

Wrapping the blanket around himself he pretended to be a ghost and lept on Blue, tickling him.

They rolled around together and laughed. Eventually, Ink held Blue softly, pulling him close to his chest as he settled down, Blue teared up and nuzzled him.

"He...He did it again...Ink is there something wrong with me?"

Ink shook his head. "No, there's nothing wrong with you. Error... Well.... Error is just...." Ink struggled to find the words. He's been fighting Error so long but he never could find the right words to describe what Error was to him. He just sighed "Error is...complicated..."

Ink softly relaxed into Blue's embrace as he let Blue find comfort in his presence. Ink really didn't understand why it was comforting for Blue but it meant a lot to him and that was what mattered. So he held him close, stroking his head until he felt the tension leave his body.

Blue eventually fell asleep in his arms, while Ink stayed there watching him sleep, staying for as long as Blue needed him.

As Blue softly snored Ink was lost in thought about the woman in his drawing, he couldn't understand why she stayed in his head. Everything else was a vague fog, only things he's repeated tend to stick but he knows she's not that, she's new.

So why was she so clear in his mind? Why did she pull things out of him that he didn't even know existed? He breathed deeply and the sudden breath softly woke up Blue who looked up at Ink innocently.

"Ink are you ok?" His voice was soft, riddled with concern.

Ink stroked his head as Blue closed his eyes, relishing the feeling. "I'm fine, I'm just lost in thought."

"About what?"

"Well, something feels.... Weird about me. I don't know how to describe it."

Blue opened his eyes and tilted his head. "How so? What's happening."

Sitting up Ink pulls out the picture he drew earlier. "I keep remembering her but I don't know who she is... I don't think she's a Frisk or a Chara, she's just odd.... " Ink looks down "Worse than that I keep having weird feelings."

Blue looked at him concerned. "Feelings? I mean the Doodle Sphere and your vials help you feel normally so what's different?"

Ink looks at Blue, using his hands to try and illustrate the vastness of his experience "It's like a flood, like I drank all the ink I have and then swam in it! Then it all came swooshing out of me! It's....It's kinda intense..."

Blue thought for a moment. "Ok...So when did this happen? Is there a pattern?"

Ink thought with him. "Well, I don't know. Before I got here it happened after I drew that picture, I was on a ledge looking at a sunset surrounded by Error's strings, so maybe we fought again?"

Blue scratched his head and had an idea.

"Well then let's go see Error? He might know something."

He was still mad at Error but he also wanted to see him while helping his friend.

Ink lit up by the idea "That sounds like an awesome idea!! Not to mention you can talk to Error and figure out what happened."Blushing in embarrassment, Blue nodded. Standing up Ink reached out his hand and helped Blue off the bed. With small steps, he helped Blue clean up, eat, and drink water, careful not to rush him. Papyrus watched with some relief that Ink was able to comfort him. As he watched them about to leave he reached for his brother who swiftly turned around and hugged him. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.8K 2.5K 107
After Dream falls into the darkness, they then team up with there brother in some trouble. Destroying multiverse but Nightmare realized that he only...
140 20 3
t's been 494 years since Nightmare turned Dream into stone. Nightmare wakes up in the middle of the night to a sudden surge in positivity, realizing...
1.3K 76 57
Just a story about my undertale au fan character you can say my oc too whatever it would be a bit cringe and character gonna get really op in stor...
80.3K 3.4K 43
"This is how it came to be. And now I can finally show you." I say to...myself? "Error, there is no time for this!" Ink screams at me. It's weird bei...