Lost Prince

By malec_ff

What if after the leak of the emails had made both Henry and Alex react differently. Alex might have his whol... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Author Notes
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
End

Part 6

372 11 2
By malec_ff

Alex didn't even remember when he fell asleep by Henry's side. The sun shine through the windows high and Alex cheek is pressing down on his and Henry's tangled hand. He felt a twitch under his skin when his eyes flutters to Henry's face still had his eyes closed but Alex could see his eyes fluttering to wake. "Hen?" He called waking up from his sleep looking around the room noticed he was the only one there.

He rubbed his eyes yawning before his eyes landed at Henry's again and he is calm right now, no twitching, no fluttering. He exhaled a breath thinking he might be dreaming about Henry waking up before he decides to stand and leaned against Henry to give him a kiss over his forehead. "Good morning baby." He whispered stroking Henry's blonde hair before he went to the bathroom.

Alex did his business, washing his face with a cold water to refresh himself and surprised at the bathroom utilities fully equipped with toiletries feeling like he is in hotel not in a hospital. Alex grabbed a toothbrush to brush his teeth while staring at disheveled mess right before him in the mirror. He sighed fixing his curly hair the best he could before he gargled his mouth with the tap water. Soon as he done he walked out the bathroom finding Henry in bed with his eyes fluttering and he knew right now he is definitely not dreaming about this. Henry was supposed to be sedated and Alex can see how hard he is fighting through it.

"Babe?" Alex rushed to his side grabbing Henry's hand in his and noticed how Henry's gripped over his hand tightened and Alex smiled. "I'm right here Hen, I'm right here." He whispered before he rushed outside to get the nurse.

The moment he opened the door, there are two guys in a black suit standing by Henry's door guarding it and Alex felt relieved over the fact that someone is protecting Henry and he didn't waste time when they both turned to face him. "I need the nurse, I think he's waking up." Alex instructs and one of the guy nodded before he ran towards the counter. Alex went back inside the room and found Henry's hand already raising to pull the tube away and if it wasn't for Alex, he might have done it.

"Hey, hey, hey. It's okay. It's okay." He pulled Henry's hand down on his side from pulling the tube away and soon the room was invaded in with nurses and doctors and they instructed Alex to leave the room while they examined him. "NO! I'm not leaving!" Alex protests but as he expected, he failed when the two guys guarded the door pulled him out from the room and he yelled at them strongly.

"Alex! What happened?" Bea yelled from the end of the hallway running towards him standing in front of Henry's room, screaming at the guards. "It's Henry, I think he's fighting to wake up. But they won't let me in." Alex says with a smile on his face and so does Beatrice. "It's okay Alex, let them do their job and let's hope for Henry's sake that he is alright." Beatrice told him and he nodded in defeat.

"What happened?" Catherine called coming out from the corner and meet them with her equerry followed behind her. "Where have you been? Aren't you supposed to be with Henry?" Bea asks and she sighed letting her equerry stood by her side carrying a tray of fresh coffee in her hand.

"Breakfast?" She handed Alex a cup of coffee with a brown bag of pastry and Alex swore he never smell something so delicious in his life. He didn't had a chance to grab dinner yesterday considering Henry's situation and now he realized that he is starving. "Thank you." He says grabbing the stuffs from her hand and she nodded with a soft smile on her face.

They waited for almost half an hour before they finally done and left Henry's room. "How is he?" Alex was the first one to ask and the doctor smiled at his question. "He's fine, we removed the tube and gave him something to drink and let's just take it slowly today. Starting with why he is here in the first place." She eyed Catherine and she had her gaze shifts from Alex towards the doctor. "What do we do?" She asks and the doctor pulled them away from the door worried that Henry might heard her.

"He might be okay physically but emotionally he is not. All of these is too overwhelming. He didn't say anything or even ask me anything and that worries me." The doctor explains and Alex pressed his lips together with a long exhaled. "Can we see him?" He asks and the doctor smiled again, "I don't see why not." She told them before she left and Alex didn't exactly waited any seconds and rushed towards Henry's door revealing him sitting up on the bed with his back propped straight.

"Hen?" Alex called as soon as he saw him and he saw Henry's head turned sharply towards him. "Alex." He whispered and Alex can see how his eyes are already glistened at the sight of him. Alex rushed towards him wrapping his arm around Henry's neck in a tight embrace. "Don't scare me like that! Why Hen?! Why would you had such idea about leaving me?" Alex cupped his cheek in tears staring deep into his hazel eyes.

"I'm sorry. I can't continued living knowing that I ruined your life and your mother's campaign." Henry says with his voice hoarse and Alex shook his head, "Don't you dare say that Henry. You didn't ruined anything. I couldn't get in touch of you, no one could." He pulled Henry towards his chest again hugging him tightly hoping he would find some peace and closure about this. Henry eyes landed at the two women stood in the middle of the room with tears over their eyes and slowly he pulled away from Alex, "Mother?" He whispered and Catherine smiles at him.

Bea rushed to his side after Alex stood and gave her some space to reunite with her brother and she cried holding Henry close to her. "I'm so sorry Hen, I should have fought harder." She says and Henry stared at her with a furrowed eyebrow. He turned his gaze towards his mother again and she tried to move closer but she was afraid that Henry didn't want her too. "What are you doing here?" He asks and Catherine felt hurt by that question.

"I'm here for you darling, why else would I be here?" She says and Henry didn't exactly accept her answer. "Why?" He asks and her face dropped into confusion. "You're my son, and I'm worried about you." She adds and Henry had a furious look on his face, "I was your son too when the news broke, where were you then?" He asks and Catherine didn't answer, she tried but her mouth gaped opened before she could and Henry interrupts her more.

"I was your son when your other son locked me in that palace, where were you?" He asks again and she lowered her gaze towards the floor unable to face Henry with his questions. "I needed you. I called you so many times before the news break. When Alex and I broke up, I left you hundreds of messages then but you weren't there for me. I needed you then and you never here, why now?" He asks and he can feel the grip on Bea's hand over his tightened.

"I'm so sorry baby." She starts and Henry scoffed at her, "Don't call me that. There is nothing right now would make up for what you did. It would make me happier if you still wasn't here. At least I know you don't bother about me." Henry broke and he can feel Alex hand palmed his shoulder to stop him but he nudged it off.

"Get out!" He told her and she cries over the fact that Henry refused to let her explain. "Hen, please, she's here to help." Alex told him and he shot his look towards him, "Stop me again and I sent you back to America." Henry warned him and he sighed feeling the anger in Henry is understandable. He was hurt and he wanted his mum but she chose not to be there for him. "Get out. I don't want to see you anymore. I am done with this family. I am done with you." Henry told her and she broke in tears. "Hen please, don't do this. I can explain." She told him and he shook his head at her.

Henry moves abruptly grabbing the glass by the side of his bed and tossed at the wall behind her and luckily Catherine has quite a reflexes, she able to dodge the glass and it hits the wall shattering to pieces. "I SAID GET OUT! GET OUT FROM MY LIFE!" Henry screamed at her and she backs away from him towards the door but still stood not wanting to leave this argument.

"Hen, I'm so sorry." She pleads and Henry broke in tears, "I don't care anymore. Just go. Get the hell out of my life. I don't want to see you anymore." He told her and she cupped her trembling lips with her palm before she left the room in tears.

"Hen don't do this. You're better than this." Bea told him as she stood by his side. Henry didn't exactly face her but instead kept staring at the space before him. "I am done being the better son. I just want to disappear." Henry leaned his back against the pillow before he let his tears run down his face. Alex turned his gaze towards Bea in front of him and signed her to check on her mother. She nods before she pulled Henry's head and kissed him on his temple. "I'll be right back." She says and Henry didn't say anything else.

Alex sighed pulling himself towards Henry side and sat by his side with him still staring at the space between him. Bea left shortly before leaving them both alone in the room. He grabbed Henry's wrapped wrist and he winced at the touch but soon settled his palm over Alex's calloused palm. "Hen." He starts but Henry knows he wanted to talk about this and he didn't wanted too so he pulls away but Alex held stronger. He didn't hold him by his injured wrist but rather his palm and he eyed him with his reddened eyes.

"I know you're angry. I would be too baby. But I'm just so fucking glad that you re here, breathing, alive." He told him and Henry lowered his gaze back on their palm. "What's the point? Everything is ruined now. My life is ruined." He says with his voice breaks. Alex softly pulls his hand over his lips and gave Henry's knuckles a soft kisses and Henry eyed his gesture. "Nothing is ruined baby. I'm still here." He says and Henry finally looked up to meet his eyes.

"Take me away from here please. I can't be here anymore." Henry eyes are pleading and there is so much hurt in them that it broke Alex together. "Okay. Wherever you want to go. Just say the word and I'll take you there. Just you and me." He says and Henry nods, "Take me back to the lake house." He says and Alex almost smiled but he held his emotion firm. He raised himself before Henry lowering his bed flat before he joined him.

Alex laid beside Henry letting him wrapped himself around Alex's torso and his cheek pressed against his chest listening to his heart beating so steadily. He exhaled a long breath of relief having found himself back in Alex's embrace and so does Alex.

.

"Mummy." Bea called Catherine trying to sneak away with tears on her eyes. She quickly wiped it away hoping her daughter won't caught her but she isn't stupid, she can see how devastated she got over Henry's word. She wrapped herself around Catherine's neck and she didn't response at first only seconds later she returned her embrace with a tighter hug.

"Henry is just upset, he will come around." Bea told her pulling away from their hug and she shook her head at her words. "No. He's right. I wasn't here when you guys needed me. I was the worst mother in the world for leaving my kids hoping they would grow up fine." She says staring at Bea's freckled face before her finger curled Bea's hair behind her ear. "And I almost lost you too Beatrice. Don't think I don't know what happened after daddy's death." She says and Bea eyed her in surprised.

"And I know it was Henry who brought you back. I am so ashamed of myself for not being there for you. And now for Henry." She says cupping Bea's cheek with her warmth palm. "Then don't go anywhere. Prove him wrong. Prove to him that you are here to help. I'm sure he will forgive you one day." She tired to convince her mother but Catherine shook her head before she held out her chin strongly. It was one of her traits that she can see in her, she can changed her emotions as fast as swiping on Tinder. She fixed her coat and her hair before pulling her handbag higher up her shoulder.

"Take care of yourself Beatrice. Update me on your brother's condition. I have to go to Germany tonight and I will be back in a week." She told her and she felt disappointed at her right now for leaving but she knows nothing will ever stop her from doing her princess duties. "Mum please, for Henry sake, please stay. He won't forgive you if you leave." She begs her but she pressed her lips together and wiped the tears away from under her lashes. "It doesn't matter now Beatrice, he won't forgive me either I'm here or not. What difference would it make if I am here by his side? He doesn't want me here and I have duties and responsibilities to uphold."

Bea can see how strong her mother is considering after his father's left, she never had anyone else in her life except for her father the King and her kids that she neglects over the past years. She had so much to atoned and definitely it won't be done overnight. So she stood there watching as she leave the hospital escorted by her securities and Bea felt her heart shattered seeing her family broke in pieces like this.

She always thought what if her father is still around. He is the glue that holds this family together but now everything falls into pieces. One brother with head too high up the sky to give a damn about anyone in the family and another brother who had too much to care for the family he had left in the world that he died for them. Now everything will change and she can feels her family is slowly slipping away into madness.

She went back to Henry's room and the moment she opened the door she found them both on the bed asleep with Henry hugging Alex closed almost as if he was too afraid to lose him again and so does Alex. She smiled at them and decides to left them to have some quiet time and some peace they will only had for now.

...

"WHAT?!" Bea screamed at Henry's face after hearing what he just told her. He made a decision to leave London for now and followed Alex back to the US to recover and she protested strongly. "NO Henry you can't leave now. You're still in recovery." She told him seeing how he is packing his stuffs away with the help of Shan and he didn't even stop for a minute. They had released him from the hospital a day after he woke up and Henry insisted on packing immediately.

Alex watches as these two siblings fought over the thought of Henry leaving at the midst of the argument over his recovery and Henry doesn't care if Philip had told them not to leave, he would still make his way out of this palace.

"What choice do I have Bea?! Think about this! I am not spending another moment here being locked up like a prisoner. I didn't do anything wrong and you knew that. I don't give a fuck what Philip or Grandpa or the whole fucking parliament had to say about it. I am done with this family, FOR GOOD!" He yelled at her face before shoving his clothes in the bag and she stops herself from messing around with Henry's suitcases.

"What about me? Are you done with me too?" She asks and Henry stops himself and turned his gaze towards his sister and saw the threatening tears starts to fall. "You are welcome to visit anytime Bea. My home will always be yours and Henry." Alex says and they both turned to face Alex by the window sitting on the couch with his legs crossed.

"Fine. Have it your way then Hen. Don't come crying to me for help when you lost you 'other' family too. You tend to runaway from your problem and we'll see how long this will last." She says throwing Henry's clothes over his face but he caught it in time and saw her left the room stomping in anger but he can see how hard she tried to hide her tears. He didn't stop her from leaving cause he knows it would be a long conversation so he decides to leave it as it is.

It took them two hours to get through the security seeing how the press have been following Henry all day and Alex can see how frustrated Henry can be over the crowd taking their pictures and by the time the jet took off from the ground, he can see Henry sighed in relief. He leaned his head back against the seat and closed his eyes.

Alex grabbed his hand and Henry startled at the sudden touch but soon relaxed at his presence next to him. He can see him at the verge of breaking before he pulled him towards his neck and Henry sobs. Shan can see how heartbroken his employer is right now but Zahra sat by his side clenching his palm in hers for assurance. She nods at him almost like telling him that Alex got this. He nods back at her leaning back against his seat and his eyes kept towards Henry still in Alex's embrace.

They arrived hours later in Austin and it was already night time, probably around ten when the car pulls through the driveway and Alex saw the light was on. His parents car is by the side and Alex was glad that the house is not empty at the moment. He looked to the side and Henry is fast asleep and Zahra is taking Shan back to her place few miles back from Alex's house. He protest at first but she promised him nothing will happened to Henry as long as the Secret Service is here to protect Alex.

He noticed how Henry is still sleeping when the car parked and softly stroke his cheek to wake him. He stirs at the touch and opened his eyes feeling lost at the moment only to realize they had arrived. "Welcome home babe." He whispered and Henry stares at the window on Alex side and his face didn't exactly happy but rather sad at the thought of his choice to come here. "Let's get inside. You must be starving." He says and Henry didn't even felt hungry, he only felt empty on the inside. But he didn't exactly say anything and followed Alex exiting the car.

He stood by the side of the car feeling the coldness of Austin's windy weather at night and felt himself almost flying away with the wind. He looked up to the starry skies and remembered the night he had with Alex by the campfire and smiled at the memories before his mind went to the time he left Alex all alone with no explanation. His face dropped at the thought of leaving him just like what his sister told him earlier. He acknowledge that he always left when the things got tough but he always have a place to come home too and this time, he lost everything.

Alex was calling Henry to go inside seeing his parents is already standing by the porch to greet him but his head is still looking up to the sky above him when Alex noticed he swayed. "Hen?" He called and noticed Henry swaying and finally his knees weakened and almost fall to the ground but Alex caught him in time. "Hen, Hen come on. Henry." He tapped his cheek to wake but Henry is weak in his arm and Oscar came by Alex side. "Let's bring him inside, he's still recovering Alex. I bet he lost all his energy from traveling." Oscar told him and Alex nodded before he grabbed Henry from under his knees and carried him inside.

Alex let Henry rests in his bedroom before he joined his parents by the kitchen. His dad is reheating his dinner while his mom is typing away on her computer and Alex can see how hard she focused on her campaign considering the damage he had cause her. "Mijo! Come, let's eat." Oscar called him as soon as he saw him stood by the entrance and Ellen closed her laptop with a smile on her face to greet him.

Alex stepped closer and didn't exactly took a seat that he is supposed too but instead he went towards his mum and hugged the life out of her. "Darling? Are you okay?" She asks him concerned at his sudden affection and the moment Alex released her from the death grip, he broke in tears. "Thank you for your support ma, I don't know what I will do if you guys are not on our side." He told them and she sighed pulling him back for a hug. She eyed Oscar and he nods with a soft smile on his face and starts pouring liquor down on the three glasses for them. It's going to be a long night for all of them.

"It was awful. Seeing Henry in that tub, bleeding out, all alone. I keep thinking that if I didn't come sooner or if my flight was delayed or if the palace denied my entry, I might have lost him for good." Alex eyes glistened in tears as he poked the chicken on his plate not feeling the hunger he had earlier after he saw Henry fainted right before him.

"Whatever it is Alex, you need to know that Henry is fragile right now. Anything can break him, I mean anything. He just need to know that we are all here for him." Ellen assured him and he sighed staring down on his untouched plate.

"NO! DON'T! PLEASE!" 

They all heard screaming coming from Alex's room and Alex immediately rushed shoving the chair down on the floor and sprinted to aid Henry. As soon as he barged in the room, Henry is sitting up on the bed with sweats covered his skin and his collar soaked. He was panting and his face is pale in fear, "Babe, breathe. Breathe. I'm here, I'm right here." Henry shaking hands found Alex's and his mouth gaped apart trying to say something.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." Henry keep apologizing towards Alex and his grip is tight on Alex's wrist. "Shh, babe, it's okay." Alex pulled him towards his chest and Henry relaxed in his neck resting his cheek over Alex's shoulder. "Just a bad dream. It's just a bad dream Hen." He whispered stroking Henry's back softly as he calmed his breath down. "But it felt so real." Henry mutters and slowly he falls back to sleep in Alex's shoulder.

Alex softly leaned Henry back on his pillows and he turned to his left side straightening his arm out revealing his bandaged wrist and both Ellen and Oscar couldn't help but stared. Alex stayed by his side stroking Henry's hair behind his ear and let his thumb stroked Henry's cheek. "We need to do something about this." Alex says almost as a whispers and he could almost feel his parents nodded from behind him.

"Soon, for now, all of us needs to rest." Oscar told him and he sighed nodding before he left Henry asleep again. He joined his parents for a nightcap and his dinner is soon forgotten. He had lost his appetite when he saw Henry screaming in terror and his father couldn't exactly forced feed him like he is a toddler anymore.

He retired to his bedroom hours later and it's almost midnight when he changed and saw Henry still asleep in his old positioned. He climbed the bed wrapping his arm around Henry's waist from behind him and sighed resting his head over the pillow. Later, Henry turned and wrapped his arm around Alex's nuzzling his nose over Alex's neck and Alex had to smile hearing Henry's soft snores. He inhaled Henry's scent under his nose stroking his blonde hair with his fingers and pulled him closer not wanting to lose him ever again. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

335K 7.8K 44
RWRB from Henry's POV. Henry is drowning in the pressures of his family, the media, and his 'prince charming' reputation. The last thing he wants is...
69.3K 2.8K 35
Dylan is Fine. Completely Fine. With a capital F. That is, until, his mother, for some reason, taken in her godson who'd gotten kicked out of his hou...
5.3K 154 9
"And who do you suspect I should marry then? June?" "What? Oh god no. No way." Alex stares at Henry with utter disgust plastered on his face. "That's...
33.3K 531 16
After the election. Alex and Henry had to deal with an unexpected guest in their life. Angst with a happy ending. Hurt/Comfort