The Pentacle Chronicles: Litt...

By enigmatical

Every witch and wizard in the kingdom of Nottingham has been murdered by Prince John's werewolf men; except o... More

1: Red
2: Robin
3: Red
4: Little John
5: Red
6: Robin
7: Red
8: Little John
9: Red
10: Robin
11: Little John
12: Robin
13: Red
14: Little John
15: Robin
16: Red
17: Little John
18: Red
20: Robin
21: Red
22: Little John
23: Red
24: Prince John
25: Robin
26: Red
27: Little John
28: Red
29: Robin
30: Red
31: Little John

19: Little John

98 6 1
By enigmatical

The whole trip back was silent. I looked at Rosa, I think she thinks it's shameful to cry. I wanted to tell her there is no shame in crying; I was worried what she would say if I happened to misinterpret the situation. Finding out your father has been dead for the past year would be hard to swallow. Adam Hood might not have been my father, but I always looked up to him; after all he raised me for six years of my life taking me in when I had nothing. Mr. Hood was the one who started the group of merry men, he was brave, happy, and a very accepting, loving man who did not deserve to die like the way he did.

Glancing at Rosa through the corners of my eyes I hesitated on what to say.

Suddenly Rosa pulled Thorn's reins, "Did you hear that?"

Stopping Chestnut I listened not sure what she had heard. Rosa jumped off her horse and silently started walking towards the main road.

"Rosa come back," I whispered.

"Quiet," Rosa shushed me.

Sliding off of Chestnut I followed Rosa to a tree where she peeked her head out. Going behind her I peeked my head out as well. In the main road two men who looked like they were coming from the castle road on their horses were talking to each other.

"We need to get closer," Rosa whispered.

"No we need to leave," I whispered back.

Rosa ignored me as she started climbing up a tall large tree. Groaning inward I followed right behind her. Together we sat on the lowest branch on the tree however Rosa was sitting too close to the edge.

"I still can't hear them," Rosa whispered agitated.

"Who cares they are just regular men who work in the castle," I whispered.

"Exactly. They should know everything that is going on with the Prince," Rosa inched closer.

Any closer she would fall down to the ground exposing and hurting herself. Quickly without thinking twice I hugged my legs around the tree hanging myself upside down. This would get me closer to hearing what they were saying without Rosa putting herself in danger.

"Little John get back up here," Rosa demanded.

"I can't," I murmured.

My legs loosened a little.

"Rosa grab my legs I'm slipping," I whispered.

I could feel Rosa's arms wrap around my legs.

"Come back up Little John before you fall," Rosa voiced.

"Not yet, now quiet," I said trying to listen.

"I still cannot believe it's been a whole summer season of Prince John not telling anyone," Guy one said.

"He had to get everything in order," Guy number two replied.

"Still the death of King Richard should have been announced at the beginning of the summer when the Prince heard the news," Guy one said.

"Prince John was going to, but he was told he could not be King until he found a bride. That way no one could try anything on him while he looks," Guy number two explained.

"True, after all Lady Marion from the North of Nottingham was engaged to King Richard, and when Prince John asked her to marry him out of the duty for the Kingdom Lady Marion said she could not marry the Prince not saying why. Which means-"

"Little John your slipping," Rosa groaned.

"Just a second," I hushed.

"Now ladies and princesses from everywhere are coming to meet the Prince. Then out of those women the Prince will pick his future Queen then become our King," Guy number two said.

"How many princesses are coming?" Guy one asked.

My left leg slipped off as I hung their trying to pull myself up. Raising my hands Rosa let go of my one leg barely catching my hands as she helped pull me up.

"Are you insane? You could have fell?" Rosa scolded.

"But I didn't," I replied.

The two men from the castle continued on their way down the main road disappearing.

"What did they say?" Rosa asked.

"Huh?" I didn't hear her.

"What information did they have? I mean why else would you dangle yourself from a tree," Rosa pointed out.

I stared at her silently, this was not good news. King Richard being dead meant Prince John was now the future King. The Kingdom of Nottingham would be destroyed in his rule.

"Well?" Rosa poked.

"Well you see..." I trailed off.

***

"I knew it the first moment I laid eyes on her," Rosa proclaimed angrily, "I knew she was hiding something, I just didn't know what."

"Rosa, Lady Marion probably meant to tell us. I mean maybe she didn't know how to tell us," I tried reasoning.

"You taking her side?" Rosa demanded.

I put my hands up, "Of course not I mean I never trusted her, but I thought I was just being paranoid."

Rosa shook her head at me as she jumped off Thorn her feet touched Robin's secret camp ground. We had raced all the way through the night, the day, and now it was to beginning to become night again. Rosa was determined to get back to camp to tell everyone (mostly Robin,) the devastating news about King Richard. To be honest Rosa seems to be taking it a lot harder than me, but knowing how long she's been on the run from the werewolves I can see why she's more upset.

"She's a lying, double crosser, goodie to shoes who needs to be taught a lesson," Rosa ranted.

Getting off of my horse I stood in front of Rosa.

"Rosa do not be rash now. If you go in there and hurt Lady Marion you will hurt your relationship with your brother," I warned.

"What relationship? We do not have a relationship. My own flesh and blood did not even have the guts to tell me my own father was dead," Rosa spat.

True but Rosa had hidden some things as well.

"Just like how you didn't have the guts to tell us you are a witch?" I asked.

"That's not the same. I tried to come and tell you. Robin didn't even try," Rosa deflected.

"Rosa please don't do anything stupid," I stated worried she would use her powers.

Rosa ignored me as she marched forward. Following right behind her Peter stepped in front of us from out of nowhere.

"Robin has been looking for you two," Peter said.

I sighed; here we go.

"Where is he?" I asked.

"Over there talking to Ben," Peter said pointing to the right.

Robin was not even paying attention to the fact that we had just walked into camp. From the looks of things Robin and Ben were planning the next camp site location. I sighed it seems I will never be able to settle down somewhere and not have to worry about being found.

"Is Lady Marion here?" Rosa asked Peter.

"She is up in the meeting tent," Peter pointed up the small hill.

With the message being delivered Peter walked away. Rosa moved forward towards the meeting tent when I grabbed her arm pulling her back.

"I don't think so," I said.

"Little John I just want to talk to her for a little bit by myself," Rosa lied.

"You are lying," I said.

Rosa stomped her foot, "Little John please."

I narrowed my eyes at her trying to read her.

"I am going to go grab Robin and bring him back to the tent. Between that short time could you try not to kill Lady Marion?" I asked.

Rosa rolled her eyes, "I promise I am not going to kill her."

Looking at her I could tell Rosa was telling the truth on not wanting to kill Lady Marion. There was definitely something else Rosa would do I just did not know what. Rosa yanked back her hand as she walked away quickly. Turning back to Robin I went over to talk to him. As soon as Ben saw me he excused himself and left. Robin turned to me frowning when he realized it was me.

"Where have you been?" Robin demanded.

"I took Red to see her father's grave," I answered.

Robin grabbed me by my shirt.

"You did what?" Robin growled.

Pushing him off, I straightened my shirt.

"Well someone had to tell her," I replied.

Robin furrowed his brow gritting his teeth, "How did she take it?"

"Splendidly," I said mockingly, "How do you think she took it Robin? She is angry with you for not telling her yourself."

"Like how she told me she was a witch," Robin fought back.

It seems no matter what situation someone is going to throw that back into her face. I was wrong; Rosa telling us about being a witch is different. Robin is being insensitive. Rosa cried for the first time in years when she found out her father was dead. She even told me how she bumped into him a few years back; saying horrible things about her Pa and now she would never be able to take them back. Robin didn't need to know those details about Rosa it probably wouldn't change his mind anyway; after all he has been pigheaded for a while now.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a scream from up the small hill inside the tent. Uh-oh I have left Rosa with Lady Marion for way to long. Grabbing Robin I made him follow me to the tent. Outside the tent I could hear shouting and bickering.

"Please do not tell me Rosa is in there with Lady Marion," Robin growled.

"She's not," I paused smirking, "She's in there with Little Red Riding Hood."

Angry Robin shoved me aside as he barged through the tent flap revealing a tied up Lady Marion and a bitter, angry witch.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone! So sorry about the five month long wait I didn't realize it had been that long. In fact thank Malli_Trip for her votes and comment blew up my phone! I loved it! I promise to dedicate the next chapter to you! CoralieFoti was the first to comment and this chapter was meant to go up when you first made your comment CoralieFoti but I think wattpad was acting up that day. Anyway this chapter is dedicated to you CoralieFoti! And I also would like to announce we made the 100 votes in fact 140! But compared to reads its actually sad looking; please vote more guys I'm being serious when I say it motivates me to write a long with comments! I love hearing from you guys! I will make sure I don't go five months again without writing. In fact I made a promise to write 5 chapters in five days one chapter for each day when we made 100 votes and I keep my promises. I hope to be doing this next week but until then here's one chapter. P.S. Read my message at the end of the chapters because I'm going to be doing something very soon that I hope you'll want to be a part of!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

895 112 14
Due to a witch's curse a prince must slay a dragon to obtain its heart or else he will die. But after Prince Nicholas slays the dragon, he has more...
216K 2.1K 35
One day, I read that in real-life fairy tales, the princess sometimes needs to befriend the dragon and kill the prince, perhaps not to the most extre...
461 28 15
Natalya was betrayed by her mate ten years ago when a jealous, power-hungry witch cast a spell making the whole kingdom think she was an evil witch...
23 0 17
Witches on the run to save the ones they care for. Follow the story of witches, wolves, and revenge. Ashton is a part of a group of lost witches who...