The Elite Chronicles - Book 1...

By Amity3775

Cody had always kept to herself, she went to school, did homework, went to work at Mighty Med, and then repea... More

1- An Old Friend Comes Back to Town
2 - My Bestfriend Ended Up as My Spring Formal date
3 - Never Leave a Cosmic Superhero Out in the Cold
4 - Searching for Mr. Terror Behind My 'fathers' Back
5 - Going Behind Tecton's Back... Again
6 - Laser Tag
7 - The Plan Falls Into Place
8 - It's All Gone.
10 - Getting a call to join a Elite Force

9 - Meeting the League of Heroes

5 0 0
By Amity3775

Cody flew home to Kaz' house quickly before Kaz could catch up. She grabbed her stuff and repacked her bags and rushed out the door, but not before leaving a note on his desk. 

Cody was heartbroken. She was basically raised in Mighty Med, Tecton was her father figure and Horace was like her uncle. Now Horace was gone. She lost everything, her home, her family. everything she's ever known since she was very little.

for as long as she can remember, she worked at Mighty Med. she was one of their best doctors. she had so many core memories from Mighty Med. When it blew it felt like a part of her blew up too. it had a special place in her heart, and it always will. 

She rushed to the train station and quickly bought her tickets. She waited in a long line with people looking at her funny from the way she was dressed. She ignored their glances and kept to herself as she boarded the train to New York, where the League of Superheroes Headquarters is.

The train ride seemed longer than it actually was for Cody. Heartbreak makes time move slowly. her heart was heavy as she leaned back in her seat as the waterworks started flowing down her cheeks. she cried silent tears as all the memories from Mighty Med flashed through her head all at once. She was overwhelmed with emotions as she felt her powers become unstable.

Cody felt bad about leaving Kaz and her friends in suspense, but she had already done enough to the current situation. 

A woman walked in and sat down next to Cody. She had her headphones in but pulled them out when she saw her silent tears. "You okay kid?" she asked genuinely. 

"No even a little bit... I've lost everything. All the people I love... and for what?" Cody asked herself. "So, I could avenge my family that were murdered? So, I could be a hero? So I could make my family proud? yeah... none of that matters anymore."

"The last two sound pretty good." The mysterious woman chuckled.

"It's sounds great. but is it worth losing everything? My family, my home, and the Boy you've had a crush on since grade school. I Risked my life fighting for what's right and the second I lose my temper; my home gets destroyed." 

"I'm really sorry. you shouldn't have had to go through that. Is there anything I can do to help?"

"I don't think so. I would give anything, to fix it..." Cody muttered.

The woman took off his hat and it was the Hero Alley Cat. 

"Alley Cat?" Cody smiled. "What are you doing here?!"

"On the way to the League of Heroes, just like you. Cody you to stay strong. if there are more heroes out there, we need to find them and warn them." She replied as the Train started to move. it was a two-hour train ride the train pulled into the Station in New York City. Alley Cat grabbed her stuff and helped Cody with hers. 

"Cody, come with me. I'll take you to headquarters," Alley Cat offered as Cody said nothing but followed. They walked a couple blocks, carrying and dragging their luggage. both of them stope to breathe. 

"Shouldn't we have just taken an uber?" Cody asked, panting heavily.

"All of our luggage won't fit." Alley Cat said as they continued to walk. Soon enough they arrived at a very tall building. It looked like some place superheroes would work. Cody followed Alley  Cat into the elevator with her stuff and Alley Cat Put her fingerprint on the scanner and a button said -100 appeared. She pressed it and the elevator went down all the way underground. 

Cody stepped out of the elevator and saw the most amazing thing ever. It was an entire underground city and business for Superheroes. She looked around. There were buildings everywhere and there was a large building in the Center labeled "LHH" Which she assumed stood for "League of Heroes Headquarters."

"Wow..." Cody said Flabbergasted at the sight.

"Impressed huh?" Alley Cat grinned looking around. "This is where most superheroes go to take a break from fighting crime, and/or for League of Heroes members." she said as she started giving Cody a tour, of the underground superhero metropolis. 

After an hour-long tour of the city, Alley Cat brought Cody to the LHH and gave her a tour of the building. She then took Cody to the penthouse on the top floor. 

Cody was shocked to see Tecton, NeoCortex, Solar Flare, Remix, Gamma Girl, and Spark. they looked at her with serious faces. 

"Okay, Dad?" She said looking to Tecton, "Gamma Girl, other, Scary looking Superheroes. I would just like to say In my own defense that I cannot control Kaz or Oliver 24 hours a day." Cody pleaded as two teenage girls walked in.

"Cody step forward." Tecton said sternly as she obliged. Tecton looked around at the Superheroes Present. "This is what is left of our team. the rest of us were in Mighty Med when it blew. We recruited you because you are powerful. We're gonna need all the help we can get in stopping Mr. Terror." Tecton said sternly. 

Tecton put a hand on Cody's chest as Cody held four fingers up. 

"Do you, Cody Cosmo, Promise to protect the world, no matter what?" Gamma girl asked.

"I will." Cody responded.

"DO you accept responsibility with your powers?" Tecton asked.

"I do."

"Do you promise to work with whoever we assign as your partner?" Tecton asked.

"I will." 

"Repeat after me." Tecton said to Cody. "I Cody Cosmo,"

"I Cody Cosmo,"

"Promise to do everything I can"

"To protect this city and the people in it."

The rest of the superheroes Clapped. Tecton put one hand on Her heart and the other on her shoulder. "It is done. You are now part of the League of Heroes." Tecton smiled.

Cody smiled from ear to ear as she tugged on her low pigtails. The two teenage girls that walked in earlier walked up to Tecton and Cody. Tecton looked at The girls then to Cody.

"Cody, this is Olivia Taylor," Tecton said to the brown haired one that looks a lot like Skylar, she's probably another Calderan. "And that is Beck Parker." Tecton added pointing to the blonde one.

"So, what are they doing here?" Cody questioned suspiciously.

"They're superheroes too. They are your partners for your first assignment.

"What is the assignment?" Cody asked.

"Our task is to find any remaining superheroes and warn them what's coming." Beck smiled,

"Yeah, and if possible, get them to a safer place, so they won't be in danger." Olivia added. 

"That sounds like a good plan." Cody smiled

"Maybe we should show you around, its pretty nice here." Beck offered.

"Sure. I'd like that." Cody smiled as she left the room with both of the girls.

"So when does this secret project begin?" Cody asked the girls

"Well, Once we pack and leave headquarters with equipment, then the quest has started." Beck said. 

"We heard about Mighty Med..." Olivia said softly as Cody looked up.

"yeah, I can't imagine what you're going through." Beck sighed.

"I lost everything... I don't have anything anymore." Cody sighed.

"It's okay, There's still hope. they have to be out there. Every last superhero can't have been in Mighty Med when it blew can they?" Olivia asked.

"I guess that makes sense. I'm just glad Tecton is okay." Cody said with a small smile. 

"Its nice that he raised you after your parents. that was sweet of him." Olivia smiled

"He's basically my dad." Cody smiled 

Neon lights shimmered off polished steel walls, highlighting a dizzying array of activity. Sparks flickered from a holographic training simulation where a blur of teal and purple (Phantomstrike and Bolt, no doubt) battled a holographic dragon. Technicians in sleek jumpsuits hovered over glowing consoles, while a woman with cybernetic eyes calmly dismantled a villain's latest gadget. This was Zenith HQ, and Nova, the newest recruit, was feeling more than a little overwhelmed.

"Welcome to the chaos, Cody," boomed Olivia, she clapped Cody on the shoulder, nearly sending her flying. "Don't worry, it's controlled chaos most of the time."

Beside her, the ever-efficient Beck, dressed in her trademark Yellow polo shirt and jeans, chuckled. "Think of it as a hive of bees with superpowers," she said, gesturing to a group of heroes sprawled around a holographic map, arguing tactics. "Bees with very expensive dental plans."

Olivia led them past a holographic display showcasing news reports of recent heroics. Cody saw her own face briefly, grinning triumphantly after rescuing a kitten from a tree. "Not bad for your first week," Olivia rumbled. "But there's a lot more to being a hero than saving kittens."

They stepped into a vast training room, where heroes practiced their powers. A woman with swirling tattoos controlled water droplets in intricate patterns, while a man with glowing eyes levitated weights with telekinesis. Cody's jaw dropped.

"This is where you'll hone your skills," Beck explained. "We have every trainer imaginable, from hand-to-hand combat to mastering your specific abilities."

Suddenly, a high-pitched alarm split the air. Red lights flashed, and a holographic map flickered, highlighting a downtown location.

"Looks like practice time is over," Olivis said, his smile turning serious. "Breakout, team! Cody, you're with me."

Adrenaline surged through Cody's veins. This was why she trained, why she joined The League. Fear warred with excitement, but before she could doubt herself, Olivia grabbed her arm, her grip surprisingly gentle.

"Just follow my lead, rookie," he said. "And remember, heroes don't panic."

With a whoosh, they vanished through a shimmering portal, leaving the training room behind. In a heartbeat, Cody found herself soaring through the night sky, the city lights spread out beneath them like a glittering tapestry. This wasn't kitten rescue anymore. This was the real deal.

And Cody, for the first time, felt ready.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 463 59
|SEASON 1 OF MILO AND MAISIE| |ONC 2024 LONGLIST · AMBASSADORS' PICK · 11X FEATURED| Two years after her older brother's tragic death, anxiety-strick...
771K 14.7K 35
They say opposites attract, so what does that leave for the people that are similar? Jason and Cody Each has crazy and distant parents, too much mone...
2.2K 31 5
Kaz x Reader x Oliver Follows some of the plots of Lab Rats/Mighty Med/Lab Rats Elite Force. Note: Timelines will be a little off, and will be loose...
59.7K 1.2K 37
I wrote this because I was watching Mighty Med, and thought " it would be really funny if The Lab Rats meet the guys of Mighty Med" and so I began wr...