Illumi x Reader

By Iya_Kujo

Torture, assassination, and contracts were what you grew up to. You were sold to the Zoldycks and trained to... More

1: Prologue
2: Silent Treatment
3: Quit it
4: She's Back!
5: Encounter
6: Consider it, Y/N!
7: Applicant 333
8: Another Encounter
9: Friends
10: Second Phase
11: A Zoldyck Inconvenience
12: Malicious Intent
13: Challenged
14: On the Airship
15: Off Limits
16: Rest Up
17: Revealed
18: Pending Promise
19: Paired
21: Fight!
22: The Third Party
23: The Revelation
24: Fuck
25: Unsuspecting
26: The Last Phase
27: One Sided
28: Home
29: Utterly Pathetic
30: Marriage
31: Cursed
32: Bait
33: Say Yes
34: Ring
35: Trespassers

20: Warm Up

574 19 1
By Iya_Kujo

You and Hisoka were met with traps despite the passage being a little too small. You and the magician ran together in the tight passage, with a pleasant expression on Hisoka's face. Your face however, was bored despite how long you two have been running, the room Hisoka and you decided to enter ended up being a maze with a giant round boulder chasing after you. The floors even tilted supposedly making it a lot harder. But jokes on them, this was as easy as killing.

You swiftly moved quickly as a giant axe suddenly swung, aligning to your necks. You smirked as you dodged another trap. Your gaze transferred to Hisoka's face, he had a pleasant smile plastered on his face. "We're nearing the exit." Hisoka mused as he caught you looking at him.

Your eyes were now focused on the exit ahead of you, the tiny door was slowly closing down while a giant pin ball was just a couple of meters behind you. Your pace was faster now, both you and Hisoka felt the tension from each other.

With high precision and speed, and without even saying anything to one another you and the magician positioned yourself close together, his arm was wrapped around your waist as both of you glided lowly against the floor as if you read each other just by the eye contact you shared.

Both of you glided as you went through the exit just on time before the door closed down. Not long, the pin ball stopped as it made impact against the door, almost shattering the whole wall.

"You said you were tired. But, seeing you back there, I might be convinced that you're lying~"

"I didn't have a choice. Either I act tired or run for my life." You sighed, annoyed. You were slightly out of breath while Hisoka seemed fine. You frowned at the thought that you hadn't really recovered fully.

"Fair enough." Hisoka chuckled. He roamed his eyes around another dark room. " There's another door. Don't you think we should finish this phase first before fighting? I intend to pass this year, who knows how long it'll take us to get to the base of the tower if we fight before finishing this phase we both might end up failing."

"For once, I agree with you," You gathered yourself once again, you were tired already and it made your mood worsen, not to mention, Hisoka. Killua passed through your head. Where is Killua now? It would be too early to assume that he already reached the base of the tower. You thought. It has already been exactly 5 hours and 58 minutes since you were stuck with Hisoka in your original form.

"I think this might be the last door." You claimed, Hisoka agreed with you with a hum.

Both of you stood before the closed door, waiting for it to open. When the door slid up, you were the first to enter the dark room, Hisoka followed. The door behind you closed, leaving both of you in the pitch black room. Both of you were silent and didn't utter a word, you observed the environment despite the lack of light. You didn't need light to know what was there.

You focused as you activated your En. Your aura expanded away from you, forming a dome. Hisoka noticed this as he felt your En pass him. This made him delighted to know that you were capable of using En as well.

Your range was already impressive, Hisoka wondered how far you can do. You scanned the room until you reached your limit of 35 meters. Hisoka was impressed.

Your eyes lit as you felt a presence other than Hisoka within your En. The person was concealing their aura. But when the person felt your en, they had no choice but to face you instead of ambushing in the dark. It was no use, you could still sense them knowing that you were capable of En.

There were candles placed on every step of the spiral stairs, it all lit up one by one until a man sitting down the floor was visible. He had prominent scars on his face.

"I've been waiting for you. Hisoka." The man exclaimed with his raspy voice, looking up at Hisoka with a malicious smirk. With this, you looked at Hisoka who also reciprocated your eye contact, he had this bored and annoyed expression that he doesn't usually display, especially at you. He expected that this'll be the last one so you could finally fight.

"Looks like this one's your fight." You mused. You crossed your arms together as you turned your back on the scarred man. You walked back towards the door, behind Hisoka.

You leaned your back on the wall, as you slid down to sit on the floor. "I'll wait here. Please make it quick." You said with arms still crossed against your chest as you closed your eyes, displaying a calm and unbothered expression.

"I'm not an examiner this year, I'm here for revenge." The man stood up. He was actually a hunter who was an examiner during last year's exam. "Ever since the last exam, all I've thought about is killing you." The man revealed his blades, "And today I get payback. For all the scars you gave me!" The man threw his blade up, despite how fast it was spinning, he caught it. Hisoka only chuckled at the sight,

"Those scars are but a symbol of your incompetence as an examiner. Don't blame me for your inadequacies." Hisoka replied calmly and confidently closing his eyes, showing his opponent that he wasn't threatened.

"Shut up!" The man spun his blades on both his hands, ready to attack. "Are you sure about your decision of just sitting down, lady?" The man's attention turned to your calm sitting figure. He had a degrading tone, Hisoka only smirked at the man's words, curious on what you're going to say back.

"Don't worry about me. I can easily catch your blades in my sleep." You said with your crossed arms still against your chest with your eyes still closed, waiting patiently for their fight to start for it to end already. 

You opened your eyes, your [Eye Color] Eyes pierced through him. "What you should worry about though is how you're gonna keep your head attached to your body." The man only laughed the threat off, ignoring his goosebumps. Hisoka had a delightful expression from hearing your replies.

"Oh really? Enjoy the show and prepare to die after this." The man smirked as he positioned himself into a fighting stance,

"Two-blade style, huh?" Hisoka said as his opponent threw his blades up to attack from above, Hisoka looked up at the blade his opponent threw, he was almost caught of guard when the man revealed 2 other blades he concealed, he threw those towards Hisoka.

"All-direction four blade style! Take this!" The blade Hisoka's opponent threw was approaching very quickly but he just stood there.

As the blades were nearing, Hisoka took a step forward, he placed his hand on the dusty floor to dodge the attack coming from his lower and upper body. It looked like a graceful dance move.

The fight barely started but you kept your eyes opened to watch Hisoka only swiftly dodging the attacks being thrown at him. They kept distance from each other after the last attack but the man ran towards Hisoka as his opponent aimed for his neck but failing every move.

A stray blade was thrown at your direction, you were swift to deflect it with you hardened hand as it produced a spark because of the friction and impact. You got annoyed for a moment but then, Hisoka's fight caught your attention once again.

Hisoka was quick and elegant in dodging the attacks, it was amusing to see, he had a small smirk plastered on his face as he caught your eyes looking at him.

Unexpectedly, Hisoka was grazed with the blade on his waist, damaging his red top underneath his cropped top. The opponent laughed as he kept their distance once again so he could throw his blades. "What's all this? Trying to impress your lady? You better focus on surviving!" The scarred man laughed throwing his blades at Hisoka simultaneously.

Hisoka once again dodged, he could easily dodge the blades without the fancy moves but he seems to believe it was necessary. It looked more like performance arts than a fight. He mostly used his upper body to dodge the attacks. It looked impressive and oddly entertaining.

"Up. Down. Left. Right. You've got nowhere to run!" The man exclaimed, his voice echoed through the enclosed space. "You're going to be cut up from every angle by my endless barrage of blades. You can't dodge my attacks forever!" The opponent said as Hisoka dodged again and again.

Hisoka couldn't attack as he was busy on dodging. The only way is to catch the fast approaching blades in order to limit his attacks leaving him with only 2 blades. "Im gonna have you suffer in pain. And I'll savor every second!"

"Hm." Hisoka pouted, he was more serious than before, you believed that he was getting himself ready to catch the blades. The man jumped throwing 2 of his blades once again, "And then youll die, Hisoka!"

With this, you smirked at the irony. It was like a plot twist. Hisoka's opponent's eyes widened as he realized that Hisoka was able to catch his blades on time, only inches away from his vital spots.

"Dodging your attacks would have been difficult, you're right. Catching your blades, however..." Hisoka said with a bored, almost annoyed tone that was new to you. He was getting impatient, he wanted to end it right then and there to finally fight you.

The man had a horrified look on his face, he couldn't believe that Hisoka caught his blades,

"My, my. That was easier than expected." The magician mused as he spun the blade using both of his hands smoothly. "Nice try but... It wasn't good enough."

The man was sweating bullets, "DAMN IT!" He screamed but stopped as his head fell off of his body after Hisoka aimed at his neck. Blood spurt out of his kneeling figure, his neck was spraying blood all over the floor as his body knelt and then laid on the floor itself.

"You should've dragged it a little longer, I barely got to sit down." You said as you stood up, patting your clothes off from dust. "It only lasted a minute." You sighed as you stood up, patting your back from any dust you sat on.

"Well, what can I do. You told me to make it quick. You even pleaded, how could I ever deny that?" Hisoka teased. He was right, you did say that, but the fight ended too quickly, you barely sat down.

"Shall we begin then?"

「 。☆  。」

OUUUGHHH Y/N and Hisoka rematch!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.7K 875 28
All your life, did you know / you'd be picked like a rose.ᐣ (Name) is full of contradictions. She is dreamy, yet decisive. Eccentric, yet charming. A...
57.6K 1.6K 32
You're 20 years old living on the outskirts of the big city, York New. Somehow, you unintentionally meet three men who've become obsessed with you...
41.5K 1.6K 40
"I envy you, Hisoka." The magician's eyes widened in shock. "I envy you so much. You get to go around and be with whoever you want, while I'm stuck h...
446K 14.5K 33
COMPLETED at 79092 Words (only story) 'Remember. Control.' Ding. I walk into a underground tunnel that seems to have no exit except the weird elevato...