One Chicago one-shots

Oleh Alliecat3457

This book will be one-shot for one Chicago couples. I will write for any one Chicago couple. Lebih Banyak

A/N
Stellaride stomach flu
Stellaride 11x01
This is not on you Upstead
Time of the month Rhekker
Exhausted Upstead
Flu Hailey and Trudy
Beat up Dawsey
Strep Hailey Natalie and Will
Painful period Brettonio
Coming out Upstead daughter
Greif Manstead
First child Upstead
The team meets Hailey Upstead
Not your fault Hailey and Vanessa
Healing Upstead
Flu Burzek
Loss Brettsey
Appendicitis Rhekker
New york Upstead
Aftermath Burzek
Stomach Bug Hailey and Vanessa
Survivor Brettsey
11x10 Stellaride
Safe Upstead
Mourning Stellaride
Stomach bug Manstead
Saved Upstead+Trudy
A/N
Flu Stellaride
Support Upstead
Cramps Stellaride
Pneumonia Upstead
Trapped Burzek
4x13 Rhekker
Abducted Upstead
Food allergies Upstead
Search gone wrong Upstead
Miscarrige to rainbow baby Stellaride
Support system Upstead
Cyclic vomiting syndrome Upstead

5x6 Upstead

309 5 3
Oleh Alliecat3457

I saw a TikTok edit on 5x6 and this idea popped into my head for some reason. Jay and Hailey are married in this.

Hailey woke up thinking it was going to be a normal day. Little did she know it wasn't.

They caught a case of a family that was murdered. They were at a conference when they got the call. They searched the house and found a large amount of drugs. Kevin and Adam talked to one of the neighbors and were able to get a description of the man. The next day they met up at the district early in the morning to try and solve the case. After some digging, Hailey found a potential dealer of the dad who had been killed in the shooting. He matched the description that Adam and Kevin had gotten the night before. Voight suggested contacting Sargent Mcgrady who worked in narcotics because he worked in that area. At first, Hailey was a little hesitant about working with Mcgrady. He used to be her sergeant in the past and it wasn't the best.

They met up to go talk to their suspect.

"Well, this seems like old times," Mcgrady said.

"Look I know we've had our differences but let's just focus on the job and keep it professional" Hailey replied, he agreed and the conversation ended.

"So what do we know about Quinton Kane?" Jay, who was walking behind them asked.

"Uh well, he's a main suspect in 3 homicides that I've been chasing. We get close but you know no indictment thanks to that brave ASAs" Mcgrady told him.

"You know what flag he flies? Jay asked,

"Yeah. it's the 100 syndicate. He has a couple of legit businesses too" Mcgrady replied.

"Any priors," Hailey asked,

"Two five years ago agg battery and then three months ago dui case still pending" replied,

Mcgrady came up with a plan and Hailey and Jay followed through even though they didn't exactly agree with it. As they were watching the suspect in the surveillance van, Jay got a phone call confirming the suspect was the shooter. They got him into custody and then brought him in for questioning. They couldn't tell for sure that the suspect was the shooter so they had to let him go.

Hailey and Mcgrady had plans to meet up to go over the case. Hailey invited Jay but he decided to stay and work on the case from the district. He told Hailey he loved her and that he would see her at home. They hugged and then parted ways. Hailey was exhausted so she stopped for coffee on the way. As she was driving Mcgrady out out she called for backup over the radio.

"10-1 6425 squad shots fired at the police. I'm at 5392 South Hoyne. I've been hit oh god! Officer down"  Mcgrady called over the radio

Hailey's fight or flight immediately kicked in. "this is 5021 Charlie I'm en route to the officer calling the 10-1.  I will respond in 5 blocks away" Hailey said into her radio. Haileu turned on her lights and floored it to the scene. When she got there, her worst fear was confirmed. He was dying. She called for an ambo. She held pressure on his wound but he died in her arms. Hailey was trying desperately to hold it together. As soon as Jay got there he ran up to her and wrapped her in a tight protective hug, ignoring the blood that was on Hailey.

"You ok?" Jay asked.

"I'm fine" Hailey replied. Jay could tell she wasn't but decided not to push it. He got some wipes from his trunk and cleaned Hailey up the best he could

They all started to try and find out what happened.

Jay was double-checking that she was ok when Voight walked up to them. He asked to speak to Hailey privately. Jay hugged her again and kissed her head then walked away to give them some privacy.

"Hey," Hailey said, the exhaustion starting to show in her voice.

"Tough thing to go through I'm sorry," Voight told her. "But I gotta ask why did you let McGrady drive in alone?" he asked. He was blaming Hailey for this. She was already blaming herself before this and was now blaming herself even more.

"Excuse me?" Hailey replied.

"You were supposed to be working with him" Voight replied

"I was working with him. He knew I was coming. We just got off the phone. I told him to wait for me" Hailey told him.

"While you stopped for coffee?" Voight asked.

"He was supposed to wait for me!" Hailey replied.

"But you were late," Voight said.

"That's not fair. And I wasn't late. I was 10 minutes early" Hailey told him.

"Hess dead Hailey. I don't really care about fair" Voight told her and then walked away. Hailey took a minute to collect herself before going back over to Jay.

"You ok?" Jay asked, her hands were shaking so he gave them a gentle squeeze.

"Yeah fine just tired" Hailey replied.

It was late so Voight sent them home about an hour later and told them to be back in the afternoon for paperwork.

When they got home Hailey was close to her breaking point. She wanted to shower and lay in bed with Jay. soon after they got home Jay got a text from Trudy.

T Hey I heard about what happened.

J is not good. She's saying she's fine but I can tell she not

T poor girl. Keep me updated.

"Can you shower with me? I don't wanna be alone" Hailey asked.

"Yeah of course babe. I've got you" Jay replied.

They got in the shower and Haileu began to cry. Jay held her and comforted her for 30 minutes and let her feel what she needed to feel. After 30 minutes he washed her hair and then led her out of the shower and wrapped her in a towel and kissed her head. He dried and brushed her hair and then tied it into a messy bun. They got changed and got in bed together, jay pulled her into his chest and turned on the TV for some background noise. They were able to fall asleep but Hailey had a nightmare an hour later. Jay woke up to her whimpering and thrashing around.

"Ssh your ok your safe it's not real" Jay soothed until she woke up.

She woke up and cried into his arms. He tightened his grip on her and began to rock her while whispering words of comfort in her ear. Hailey pulled away 10 minutes later.

"You want to talk about it?" Jay asked.

"No" Hailey replied. Nervously.

"Ok, that's ok. Try and get some sleep. Your safe I've got you" Jay reassured her.

Hailey had two more nightmares. The third one was around 8:30. Jay could tell something else was going on.

'What's going on babe? I can tell somethings bothering you. You can talk to me about anything I'm here for you" Jay said as he pulled her into his lap.

It took a minute but she told him everything that had happened with Voight earlier that morning. When she finished she was sobbing and squeezing his hands as hard as she could.

"Oh, Hails ssh. Baby this is not your fault none of this is your fault. Please believe that. I am so sorry you didn't deserve any of this ssh" Jay soothed.

Hailey cried herself to sleep in his arms. Jay was livid at Voight. He held her for 3 hours until he had to wake her up for work.

"Hey baby do you want to go to work?" Jay asked.

"No, but I have to" Hailey replied quietly.

"You don't have to go if you don't want to," Jay told her.

"I need to get this over with," Hailey said as she got out of bed.

Hailey started to get ready for bed but was extremely skittish. They went to work and started on the paperwork. Jay glanced up at Hailey every few minutes to see how she was doing. About two hours after they got there Hailey started to type up the report. She started to struggle to breathe as she was typing up the report. Jay noticed and led her to the bathroom and locked the door. S soon as she got there she sat on the floor and began to have a panic attack with flashbacks.

"Ssh Hails you're safe its not real just breathe for me. Breathe in 1,2,3.4 out 1,2.3.4" Jay repeatedly soothed until she calmed down.

"Hails this is not ok. What Voigth did is not ok. I don't know how to fix it. Can I loop in Trudy? Shell know what to do?" Jay asked.

"I don't want to make it worse" Hailey replied.

"Trudy not gonna let that happen. I'm not gonna let that happen. We aren't going to let him do anything to you" Jay reassured her.

"Ok but can you do it?" Hailey asked.

"Yeah of course babe" Jay replied.

They sat there for a bit before Hailey splashed her face with water and they went back up. A few minutes later Jay pretended like he needed to use the restroom. Instead of going to the restroom he went to Trudy. Thankfully she wasn't busy.

"Hey, can we talk in private for a second?" Jay asked.

"Yeah of course" Trust replied.

"Well as you know MCgrady was killed last night" Jay started, Trudy nodded. "Well, Voight is blaming her for this. Last night he asked to talk to her in private and blamed her for it. She told me everything this morning. She's had panic attacks, nightmares flashbacks the whole nine yards" Jay told her.

"You have got to be kidding me! He had no right! None of this is on her. She did nothing wrong" Trudy replied. She was now livid at Voight too.

Jay went back upstairs and continued to work on paperwork. Once it was all done they went home. On their way out Trudy stopped them. Trudy hugged Hailey and told her she'd be over in a couple of hours with dinner. Hailey got home and shit down. She went and laid in bed and cried. Jay held her and comforted her. She fell asleep in his arms until Trudy knocked on the door.

"Whers Hailey?" Trudy asked.

"In bed. I've never seen her like this. She completely broke down and started sobbing when we got home. She's blaming herself for this." Jay replied.

They went into their room and Hailey was sitting up in bed crying.

"Oh honey cmere," Trudy said softly as she pulled her into a hug. "Ssh none of this is your fault, Hails. None of this is on you. You did nothing wrong. I'm so sorry you're going through this" Trudy soothed.

Hailey pulled away a few minutes later and they ate.

"What do you want to do about all this Hails?" Trudy asked,

"I don't know" Hailey replied.

"I can talk to him if you'd like. I promise you I won't let him do anything to you" Trudy suggested.

"Ok thank you" Hailey replied.

They all decided to watch a movie in bed since it was one of their favorite things to do. Hailey laid in the middle of Jay and Trudy. Jay turned on a movie and then tightly wrapped his arms around Hailey and held her. Hailey was exhausted so she fell asleep in Jay's arms 20 minutes into the movie.

The movie ended around 11 and Trudy decided to call it a night since Jay was starting to fall asleep as well.

"I'm gonna head out. I'll shut off all the lights and lock up with my key so you don't have to wake her. Call me if you need anything" Trudy said.

"Ok thank you for everything" Jay replied.

Once Jay heard the door lock he kissed Haieys head and then fell asleep.  Hailey had a few nightmares that night but Jay talked her through everyone. The next day was Saturday so they didn't have work. They slept in and Jay made eggs and bacon for breakfast. They ate and decided to play some card games. They were playing uno when Hailey's phone rang. It was Voight. Hailey thought they had caught a case so she answered it.

H Het sarge di we have a case?

V No I was looking through your report and you left out some details.

H what do you mean?

V Hailey, you left out the fact that this all happened because you went to get coffee. You left out where you were before all this happened.

H this wasn't my fault. He didn't wait for me.

V I don't care. YOU COULD EASILY GET FIRED AND CHARGED FOR THIS. YOU WERE BEING RECKLESS. YOU SAID YOU WERE ON YOUR WAY BUT THEN YOU STOPPED FOR COFFEE. IF I BROUGHT THIS TO THE CHEIF YOU'D BE FIRED. DO YOU REALLY THINK OTHER PEOPLE WILL TRUST YOU TO HAVE THEIR BACK IF THIS GETS OUT?! YOU MESSED UP, YOU NEED TO FESS UP AND PUT IT IN YOUR REPORT

I'm sorry I'll put it in my report right now.

V Good. You have 20 minutes. I'm not doing this to be mean I'm doing this because I care about you.

Voight hung up and Hailey threw her phone on the couch and started sobbing. Jay heard all of it. She had put the phone on speaker when he started yelling. Jay was beyond pissed but he needed to focus on consoling his wife.

"Ssh Hails your ok you're safe this is not your fault you did nothing wrong no one is going to hurt you just breathe for me baby everything is going to be ok" Jay soothed until Haileuy calmed down. Hailey worked herself up to the point of exhaustion, so she fell asleep in Jay's arms.

Jay grabbed his phone and slipped it into his pocket before taking Hailey to their room and lying down with her on his chest. He quickly pulled out his phone and sent a text to Trudy.

J hey I need your help. I can't call because Hailey is asleep on top of me. Voight called her and screamed at her because she didn't mention the coffee run in her report. He threatened her and blamed her. She had a complete breakdown in my arms to the point of exhaustion which is why she's currently asleep on me. Voight gave her 20 minutes to "fix" her report. That's where I need your help. I'm not gonna wake her up and put her through that. I'm not letting this jackass win but I need your help. I'm unsure of what to do.

Trudy was talking with Mouch when she got the text when she got the text since he had the day off. As soon as she read it she was furious at Voight even more than she already was. ]

T oh my god I am so sorry this happened. You guys don't deserve this. Focus on Hailey. I've got this

J thanks sarge

Jay put his phone down and held Hailey a little tighter. An hour later Hailey had a bad nightmare. She was thrashing around and saying "no" and "stop" in her sleep. All she saw was her dad screaming at her and hitting her. She was scared.

"Ssh Hails you ok it's ok it's not real please wake up your safe uts just a dream" Jay pleaded

It took a few minutes but she eventually woke up. She shot up in bed and started to sob and hyperventilate. She was having a panic attack with flashbacks.

"Ssh Hails I need you to breathe for me. Your safe your not there anymore. You're in our apartment with me I'm here your safe baby" Jay soothed.

Hailey began to scratch at her chest; she couldn't breathe. Jay tried to gently grab her hands to prevent her from hurting herself but she panicked more and pulled away. Before Jau could say anything, she threw up on herself, the bed, and the floor. She immediately froze.

"Your ok Hails your safe I'm not mad and I'm not going to hit you its ok" Jay soothed.

"I'm sorry" Hailey cried.

"Hey it's ok it's out of your control" Jay reassured her.

He helped her up and to the bathroom. He got her in the shower and quickly cleaned her up. After he cleaned her up he turned off the shower head and switched to the faucet. He gently lowered Hailey down into the tub and then quickly cleaned up their room. He also texted Trdu what had happened which made her even more pissed at Voight.  Once he was done he got in behind her and turned the water off. He pulled her onto his lap and kissed her head and began to rub her back.

"You feeling ok?" Jay asked.

"No I'm nauseous" Hailey replied.

'I'm sorry babe. Hopefully, this will help" Jay said as he began to scratch her back.

They sat in the tub for a little over an hour. Hailey was on edge and quiet the whole time. They got out and into fresh clothes and then curled up on the couch and watched TV. They watched TV for a bit and then played card games. Hailey was on edge and clung to Jay most of the day. Around 7;30 Jays phone rang. It was Trudy.

J Hey Sarge is everything ok?

T yeah are you guys busy? I talked to Voight and got everything straightened out. Would you mind if I swung by real quick? I worried about Hailey

J thank you for everything and of course, you can

"Trudys gonna swing by in a bit. She took care of everything you don't have to worry about it anymore" Jay told her and Hailey smiled for the first time in over 24 hours.

Trudy got there 15 minutes later. Trudy hugged them both and then they sat down on the couch and talked for a bit. They played card games for a bit as well. Hailey started to doze off a little after 9 so they moved to the couch. Hailey fell asleep soon after.

"Can you stay with her for a bit? I gotta run to the store" Jay asked.

"Of course" Trudy knew what Jay meant but ignored it Voight deserved what was coming for him "Be careful Jay" Trudy said as he stood up from the couch.

"I will don't worry. I'll be back in a bit" Jay said.
Jay met up with Voight in an empty parking lot.

"You wanted to see me," Voight said.

"HOW DARE YOU BLAME HAILEY FOR THIS!!! HOW DARE YOU DO THIS TO HER!!! SGE IS TEARING HERSELF APART BECAUSE OF THIS BECAUSE OF YOU!! WHAT HAPPENED IS NOT HER FAULT SHE DID NOTHING WRONG" Jay snapped. He didn't usually yell like this but he was beyond furious at Voight for doing this to her.

"Jay you don't understand I did this to protect her she was being irresponsible I was trying to keep her out of trouble" Voight tried to reason

"No don't give me that bull shit. You weren't trying to protect her. You know how she is with yelling and people blaming her for stuff and you did just that. You hurt her baldy. I havent seen her that bad in years. She did nothing wrong. She couldn't have predicted any of this and she was early. There's nothing against stopping for coffee on the way to a meet-up. He never should've gone in. That's not on Hailey" Jay said angrily.

After Jay finished voight stood there in silence which pissed Jay off even more. He went to open his mouth to say something but before he could get any words in Jay punched him in the mouth and stormed off back to his truck. He pulled out of the parking lot and then pulled over to calm himself down. He wasn't usually violent or angry like this but when someone hurt Hailey that badly his protective side came out. Hailey was the love of his life. He would do anything to protect her. Jay took a minute to breathe and then stopped by the store and picked up some ice cream. He drove home and put it in the freezer. He went over to the couch and kissed Hailey's head. The first thing Trudy saw was his hand. She shook her head at him and nodded towards the bathroom.

I'm proud of you kid. I just wish you didn't split your knuckles" Trudy said as she got the first aid kit down.

"He blamed her again and then gave some BS excuse saying he was just trying to protect her. I just lost it" Jay told her.

"I'm sorry kid. I don't know what has gotten into him but you guys don't deserve this" Trudy said as she got what she needed out of the kit.

"This might sting" Trudy warned.

She wiped his knuckles with an antiseptic wipe he winced.

"Sorry sorry" Trudy apologized.

Trudy bandaged and wrapped his hand.

"Thank you again for everything," Jay told her.

"Of course. You don't have to thank me" Trudy replied.

They both went back over to the couch and watched TV even though it was on low volume since Hailey was asleep. Hailey stirred and woke up 10 minutes later. She looked over and saw Jay's hand.

"Oh my god are you ok? What happened?" Hailey asked frantically.

"I'm fine. I went to talk with Voight and lost it" Jay told her.

Hailey scooted towards him and pulled him into a tight hug. "I love you," Hailey told him. She was incredibly grateful she had someone that would go to great lengths to protect her.

"I love you too Hails" Jay replied as he leaned into the hug.

Trudy went home soon after and they went to sleep. Hailey didn't sleep much that night. She was worried about Monday.

They woke up on Sunday and went out for brunch and spent the day playing card games. Jay grilled some burgers for dinner and then they curled up on the couch and watched a movie. When the movie was done Jay could tell Hailey was on edge.

"Whats tunning through your head Hails?" Jay asked,

"I'm nervous for tomorrow. I don't want to get in trouble" Hailey replied.

"Trudy took care of the report and she's still gonna talk to him in the morning. If he tries anything he'll have to through me" Jay said as he hugged her.

Jay went and ran a bath and they got in. They talked for a bit and then Jay washed her hair. He gave her a scalp massage to help relax her. After they were done they got in bed. Jay pulled Hailey into his chest and fell asleep soon after. Hailey tossed and turned again all night. When they had to get up in the morning she was tired. They got ready for work and Hailey grabbed a coffee on the way out of the house.

They got to work and went up to the bullpen. Voight wasn't there yet. He got there a few minutes later and Trudy stopped him.

"We need to talk," Trudy said

Voight followed her into a spare office and shut the door.

"You are going to apologize to Hailey. What happened is not her fault whatsoever. She's tearing herself apart over it. I stopped by their place on Friday night and when I got there Hailey sobbed into my arms. You had no right to call her and yell at her. You know how she is with yelling and did just that. You caused her to have such a bad panic attack that she exhausted herself from it and fell asleep in Jay's arms. She then proceeded to have such a bad nightmare that it caused her to throw up all over herself. Don't you dare report Hailey or Jay They did nothing wrong" Trudy tore into him.

"She's a cop. Getting yelled at is a part of the job" Voight scoffed.

"Getting yelled at by a suspect is different. She trusted you and felt safe with you. You betrayed that what you did is considered harassment. If you don't apologize to her it'll be your third report and you'll be out of a job." Trudy replied angrily.

"Ok fine. I'll apologize." Voight replied.

Voight went upstairs and into his office without making eye contact with anyone. He got to his door and talked to the team.

"We don't have a case as of now. Catch up on paperwork" Voight told them.

They all got to work on their paperwork. 30 minutes later Voight stepped out of his office.

"Hailey, can I talk to you for a minute?" Voight asked.

She looked at Jay nervously and walked into his office.

"I wanted to apologize for what happened last week. I was out of line. None of what happened is your fault. Don't beat yourself up for it anymore." Voight apologized

"Thanks, Sarge. I accept your apology it means a lot" Hailey replied.

"That being said, I know what you're going through. If you ever need to talk I'm here day or night" Voight told her.

"Thanks sarge" Hailey replied.

Hailey went back to her desk a minute later. Jay could tell Hailey was feeling better. The apology had taken a huge weight off her shoulders. They did paperwork until they caught a case a few hours later, and everything went back to normal. It took Hailey a bit to heal from what happened but Jay supported her through the whole thing.

A/N I expected to have this up last week but my life got chaotic... again... story of my life. Anyway, I've never heard Voight apologize so if it seemed ooc that's why I literally had nothing to work with. I would love to do a one-shot where Voight does get his third strike and Jay takes over intelligence but I don't have any ideas for how I would write that. Lastly, I would love some ideas for stellaride and manstead.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

26.2K 325 28
This is my first fanfic so it is probably not going to be good sorry in advance
122K 964 51
Pretty much what you read in the title. I love reqests, so if you have an idea let me know! Disclimer: I unfortunately do not own the One Chicago ser...
2.7K 14 78
Sequel to One Chicago: Health First Part 3. If you had to review 2020, it would definitely get one star. I am pretty sure that everybody in Chicago w...
170K 3.4K 72
Oneshot stories from your favourite universe :)