Heed The King of the Wolves

By Remnant_Weapon

A young White Wolf Faunus finds himself caught up in an adventure with consequences bigger than he could ever... More

Bio and Teaser
How it all Began
That fateful day
The Train Robbery
Just to survive
The Club
The Shining Beacon
The First Step
The Emerald Forest
Players and Pieces
The Badge and The Burden
Jaunedice
Jaunedice part 2
Forever Fall
Black and White
Best Day Ever
Welcome to Beacon
A Minor Hiccup
Painting the Town...
Extracurricular
Burning The Candle
Dance Dance Dance
Field Trip
Search and Destroy
Mountain Glenn
No Brakes
Breach
Round One
New Challengers...
It's Brawl in the Family
Clash of Possibility
Lessons Learned
Never Miss a Beat
The Shop

The Strays

77 3 6
By Remnant_Weapon

Overlooking the streets of Vale two figures stand on a roof watching the world go by. The first figure is a bulky man standing around 6 feet he has long brown hair that is long but is in a ponytail. He seems to be wearing a green/white combat suit and has a black and red right arm. He carries what looks like a katana with an assault rifle receiver built into the sheath. The second is the same robotic wolf from the forest.

Bulky Man: You're sure he will be here today. I would hate to have come all this way for nothing Wolfy.

The man speaks in a vaguely Spanish accent before "Wolfy" replies in a robotic one.

Wolfy: I am sure. Target designation White Wolf was spotted on surveillance cameras leaving a bullhead coming from Beacon five minutes ago. All though he doesn't have the tech on him.

Bulky man: Well I would rather not cause a scene in the middle of downtown Vale in broad daylight if I could avoid it.

Wolfy: But orders state the retrieval of the missing tech should be completed ASAP. 

Bulky Man: Why don't you try thinking for yourself for a change? 

Wolfy: For... Myself. Should I disobey a direct order my memory would be wiped.

Bulky man: Mistral still has you running her errands then. Fine but we will just see what this White Wolf has to offer before I have to accompany our new friend tomorrow night.

As the two finish talking the Bulky Man looks down off the roof to see Y/N and Team RWBY walking through Vale. Y/N has a piece of paper in his hand as the girls are walking in front of him. The streets are adorned in Red, yellow, and green streamers and balloons are proudly on display in preparation for the Vytal Festival. The group strolls through it all with an awed Weiss Schnee in the front. Old Man Shopkeep hands a sign that reads in bright red letters "WELCOME TO VALE!". Weiss stops and raises her arms in amazement.

Weiss: The Vytal Festival! Oh, this is absolutely wonderful!

Ruby: I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much, Weiss. It's kinda weirding me out...

Y/N: Not just you. I thought we were going to go get parts for the car. That's why I have the list.

Y/N lifts the piece of paper in his hand as Ruby, Blake and Yang shrug at him. Weiss completely ignores Y/N's statement about the car as she turns to him and Ruby.

Weiss: How could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances! Parades! A tournament! Oh, the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breathtaking!

Weiss continues walking on as Yang crosses her arms and continues on. 

Yang: You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring. I was also under the assumption we were getting parts.

Weiss: Quiet, you!

The group continues on for a little longer. Yang falls back and falls in step with Y/N.

Yang: Hey. If it makes you feel better Weiss also told me we were getting parts for your car.

Y/N: It makes me feel a little better and it worked for her since all the auto shops that have the parts are in the docks area considering the car is an import model from Mistal. I was also able to find the last shop that worked on it with some help from Blake it was actually a shop here in Vale. 

Yang: Great once Weiss has done what she wants we can go ask around.

Y/N: Good so now we just have to wait for Weiss to finish.

Yang and Y/N fall into a comfortable silence. Yang's heart started beating faster as she walked beside the Faunus. Not long after the group arrived at the docks. The sounds of fog horns fill the air from the approaching and departing ships.

Yang: So does somebody want to remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the docks?

Ruby covers her nose as she speaks making her voice higher than normal.

Ruby: Ugh, they smell like fish!

Blake: Not just the docks

Blake adds quickly before Weiss continues.

Weiss: I've heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today. And, as a representative of Beacon, I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom!

Weiss starts walking away before Y/N speaks.

Y/N: She wants to spy on them so she'll have the upper hand in the tournament.

Weiss quickly turns around and scoffs.

Weiss: You can't prove that!

Blake: I think we just did.

Weiss quickly turns around again as Blake stands on the right side of Y/N as Yang still stands on his left. Ruby turns her head to the right before she makes a noise alerting her team and Y/N. They all turn to see a Dust shop down the end of the road with its window smashed and covered in Yellow Caution tape. The group make their way over, they find two detectives in front of the store.

Ruby: What happened here?

Detective 1: Robbery. Second Dust shop to be hit this week. This place is turning into a jungle. 

Yang: That's terrible.

Detective 2: They left all the money again.

Ruby turns her head as she hears this while Y/N's eyes widen slightly.

Ruby: Huh?

Detective 1: Yeah, just doesn't make a lick of sense. Who needs that much Dust?

Detective 2: I don't know, an army?

Detective 1: You thinking the White Fang?

The Second Detective removes his sunglasses as he looks his partner in the eyes.

Detective 2: Yeah, I'm thinking we don't get paid enough.

Weiss crosses her arms and points her nose in the air with her eyes closed.

Weiss: Hmph! The White Fang. What an awful bunch of degenerates!

Blake and Y/N share a glance before she steps forward.

Blake: What's your problem?

Weiss turns to face Blake.

Weiss: My problem? I simply don't care for the criminally insane.

Blake: The White Fang is hardly a bunch of psychopaths. They're a collection of misguided Faunus.

Blake crosses her arms getting serious. Y/N's eyes track between the two.

Weiss: Misguided? They want to wipe Humanity off the face of the planet!

Blake: So then they're very misguided. Either way, it doesn't explain why they would rob a Dust shop in the middle of downtown Vale!

Ruby: Hmm... Blake's got a point. Besides, the police never caught that Torchwick guy I ran into a few months ago... Maybe it was him.

Blake has started getting angrier and angrier with Weiss's attitude.

Weiss: That still doesn't change the fact that the White Fang are a bunch of scum. Y/N would probably be in there with the others if you didn't hold his Debris Contract.

Blake is about to reach boiling point.

Weiss: Those Faunus only know how to lie, cheat, and steal.

Yang tries to step in to deescalate but neither seems to be too particularly interested 

Yang: That's not necessarily true...

Suddenly a voice calls out from the docks causing the group to turn and look. 

Sailor 1: HEY, STOP THAT FAUNUS!

As the team overhears the cry for help and rushes over to investigate, a Faunus with a golden monkey tail is seen running down the length of the boat and leaping onto the edge as the two sailors are about to apprehend him. The monkey looks back at his pursuers as he gives a two-fingered salute.

Monkey: Thanks for the ride, guys! Haha!

The monkey jumps from the deck of the ship down to the dock he lands in a roll and then continues running before he jumps to a light pole and hangs from it using his tail while he opens a banana. 

Monkey: Hey! A no-good stowaway would've been caught! I'm a great stowaway!

The monkey is just about to take a bite from his banana before he is forced to dodge a rock that was thrown at him by one of the detectives from before.

Detective 1: Hey! Get down from there this instant!

The faunus drops the banana peel on the detective's face, who growls in return. The monkey-like Faunus twirls up to crouch on the lamppost laughs in amusement and proceeds to leap off and run away from the detectives. As he runs past Team RWBY and Y/N, he winks at an astonished Blake in slow motion before time speeds up again and he continues to be chased by the officers. The group stands there watching him get further away before Yang speaks.

Yang: Well, Weiss, you wanted to see the competition, and there it goes...

Weiss: Quick we have to observe him!

Y/N: If that's what we are calling it.

Weiss, Yang and Ruby give chase while Blake stands still lost in thought before Y/N pulls her back to reality causing them to chase after Blake's team. The team rounds the next corner, but then Weiss bumps into someone and trips. She looks up only to see the faunus jump onto a building and disappear from her view.

Weiss: No, he got away!

Weiss seems to completely forget that she had run a person over instead she focused on the fleeing faunus.

Yang: Uhh... Weiss?

Yang points at the person below Weiss finally drawing her attention to them. Weiss sees the smiling redhead which startles the heiress and she hastily gets up. The girl stays on the ground while she gives her introduction.

Floor girl: Sal-u-ta-taions!

Ruby: Um... hello.

Yang: Are you... okay?

Penny: I'm wonderful! Thank you for asking.

Y/N: I don't think you are.

Blake elbows Y/N before Team RWBY and Y/N all share glances of bewilderment before Yang speaks up.

Yang: Do you... wanna get up?

The girl on the floor seems to think about it for a moment before finally deciding.

Floor girl: Yes!

Floor girl executes the cleanest flip-up any of the group had ever seen and they had seen plenty of Pyrrha's fights. The group takes a step back out of caution.

Penny: My name is Penny! It's a pleasure to meet you!

Ruby: Hi Penny. I'm Ruby.

Weiss: I'm Weiss.

Blake: Blake.

Yang: Are you sure you didn't hit your head?

This time Blake elbows Yang.

Yang: Oh, I'm Yang.

Y/N: Y/N.

Penny gets really close to Y/N's face as she seems to be scanning it. Y/N leans back before Penny stops looking at him.

Penny: It's a pleasure to meet you!

Weiss: You already said that.

Penny pauses again as if she is thinking. 

Penny: So I did!

Weiss: Well sorry for running into you!

The group turns and begins to walk away from Penny as Ruby calls out to her while waving her arm.

Ruby: Take care, Friend!

The group walks a substantial distance away from a shocked Penny before Yang speaks.

Yang: She was... weird...

Y/N: No weirder than the other people we have met. I mean look at Nora.

Weiss looks around as she continues looking for the monkey faunus.

Weiss: Now, where did that faunus riff-raff run off to?

Penny: What did you call me?

The group is suddenly startled by the fact that Penny is now standing in front of them. Weiss looks back and forth pointing in utter disbelief while Yang looks apologetic.

Yang: Oh, I'm really sorry, I definitely didn't think you heard me!

Penny: No not you. 

Penny walks through the group and pushes Y/N out of the way as she stares down at Ruby.

Penny: You!

Ruby: Me? I-I don't know. I, what I, um, uh...

Penny: You called me 'friend'! Am I really your friend?

Ruby: Uuuuum...

Ruby looks over Penny's shoulder to find everyone giving different signs to say no except Y/N who is pushing himself off the ground. Ruby's social anxiety gets the better of her.

Ruby: Y-Yeah, sure! Why not?

Team RWBY comically faints as Yang pulls Y/N back to the ground with them.

Y/N: Oh shit.

Penny looks overjoyed and laughs at the new development.

Penny: Sen-sational! We can paint our nails, and try on clothes, and talk about cute boys!

Penny looks at Y/N on the ground before she gets right in his face again.

Penny: You! You're a cute boy! Can we talk about you?

Ruby groans to Weiss who is currently dusting herself off.

Ruby: Oh, is this what it was like when you met me?

Weiss: No - she seems far more coordinated.

Yang pulls herself and Y/N up off the floor.

Yang: So... what are you doing in Vale?

Penny: I'm here to fight in the tournament.

Weiss: Wait, you're fighting in the tournament?

Penny salutes.

Penny: I'm combat-ready!

Weiss: Forgive me, but you hardly look the part.

Blake: Says the girl wearing a dress.

Weiss crosses her arms as she looks at Blake.

Weiss: It's a combat skirt

Ruby speeds up next to her skirt sister as she calls her and Weiss holds her hand out for a low five.

Ruby: Yeah!

Weiss: At least I wear clothes when I go into battle unlike someone else. 

Weiss shoots her head to look at Y/N before she realizes Penny might know the monkey.

Weiss: Wait a minute.

Weiss walks over to Penny and grabs her shoulders.

Weiss:  If you're here for the tournament, does that mean you know that monkey-tailed... rapscallion?

Penny: The who...? I can see a wolf-tailed person.

Weiss pulls out a very crude drawing of the person in question. 

Weiss: The filthy faunus from the boat!

Blake finally reaches her boiling point. 

Blake: Why do you keep saying that?!

Weiss turns around from looking at Penny a little confused. 

Weiss: Huh?

Blake: Stop calling him a rapscallion! Stop calling him a degenerate! He's a person!

Weiss lets go of Penny and starts motioning to things around her.

Weiss: Oh, I'm sorry. Would you like me to stop referring to this trash can as a trash can? this lamppost as a lamppost?Or Y/N as Debris?

Weiss points at Y/N as everyone gasps for a moment before Y/N takes a step back and walks away. The girls don't realise what's happened.

Blake: Stop it!

Weiss: Stop what? He clearly broke the law. Give him time; he'll probably join up with those other Faunus in the White Fang! And like I said before the only reason Y/N isn't in the White Fang at the moment is because you hold him on a leash!

Blake: You ignorant little brat!

Weiss looks offended as if everything she has just said is ok. Blake walks away Weiss follows her.

Weiss: How dare you talk to me like that! I am your teammate!

Blake: You are a judgmental little girl.

Weiss: What in the world makes you say that?

Blake: The mere fact that you would sort that Faunus boy with a terrorist group solely based on his species makes you just as much of a scoundrel as you believe him to be!

Yang: Um, I think we should probably go...

Penny: Where are we going?

Weiss: So you admit it! The White Fang is just a radical group of terrorists!

Blake: That's not what I meant, and you know it!

With Y/N he holds up the piece of paper from earlier as he walks into a simple unassuming auto shop. The shop's sign hangs a little crooked as it reads "Fujiwara auto repair and tuning" Y/N walks past an old Black and White panda Trueno and a red GT86 in the car park as he pokes his head in.

Y/N: Hello!

Y/N calls out as the sound of dropping metal fills the air along with a person swearing. Y/N looks around to find a picture by the door he is standing in. Y/N studies it before he wipes away a layer of dust revealing Y/N's car and two people.

???: Fucking hell. Fucking people calling out causing me to slip and hurt myself.

A man in a green shirt and jeans with a cigarette in his mouth. He looks up to find Y/N just standing in the doorway.

???: Can I help you?

Y/N: My car got trashed recently and I was wondering if you could help me.

??? I don't really help new customers without seeing the car. Do you have an image of the car so I can see it?

Y/N: Yeah.

Y/N takes the picture off the wall and then opens his Scroll as he hands the picture to the man.

???: Funny kid but you can't have this car it hasn't been seen in like five years.

Y/N: But I do have it look here. 

Y/N hands his Scroll to the man as his cigarette falls from his mouth as it hits the floor. The man just stares at the Scroll.

???: Kid how did you find this car? 

Y/N: I found it on the outskirts of Vale it had been there a while. I'm a student at Beacon. I beat a team in a fight and they got angry and instead of taking it out on me they took it out on my car.

???: Wait what's your name?

Y/N looks at the man a little suspicious.

Y/N: Y/N. Why?

Bunta: My name's Bunta and I built that car. Do you know who had this car before you?

Y/N: Not a clue.

The man rubs the picture more revealing a significantly younger Bunta and another man who looks familiar.

Bunta: The original owner of this car is Professor Ozpin. 

Y/N: So that's why he was going to finance all the repairs. 

Bunta: So when can you have the car down here?

Bunta walks over to a desk as he starts typing on a computer.

Y/N: I was hoping I could fix it at Beacon. A friend of mine and I were going to fix it over the break. 

Bunta: I guess I could send you the stuff you need but it is going to cost you.

Y/N: I'll give you Professor Ozpin's number so you can contact him. I need to head back it's getting late. 

Bunta: Alright just when you need anything just give us a call I would love to see that car back up and running again.

Y/N walks out of the shop as he makes his way back to Beacon. As he walks the darkening streets of Vale the Wolfy is seen jumping from roofs following him. Y/N turns around to look but doesn't see anything out of the ordinary. Y/N now walks down the hallway leading to his shared room as he can hear Blake and Weiss still yelling.

Weiss: I don't understand why this is causing such a problem!

Blake: That is the problem!

Y/N now stands in the doorway as he makes his way to his bed. Yang gives him a sideways glance. Weiss gets up from her bed. 

Weiss:  You realize you are defending an organization that hates Humanity, don't you? The Faunus of the White Fang are pure evil!

Blake gets to her feet in retaliation. 

Blake: There's no such thing as pure evil! Why do you think they hate Humanity so much? It's because of people like Cardin, people like you, that force the White Fang to take such drastic measures!

Weiss: People like me? You have a Debris following you!

Blake: Stop calling him Debris, Y/N is a person and you're just discriminatory!

Weiss: I'm a victim!

Weiss and Blake stare at each other in silence before Weiss leans in close, leering as she speaks quietly.

Weiss: You want to know why I despise the White Fang? Why I don't particularly trust the Faunus?

Weiss leans against the bookshelf by the window as Y/N reaches down into his bag and places his hand on his Mask.

 Weiss: It's because they've been at war with my family for years. War, as in actual bloodshed. My grandfather's company has had a target painted across its back for as long as I can remember. And ever since I was a child, I've watched family friends disappear; board members executed; a refinery attacked and destroyed; an entire train car full of Dust, stolen. And every day, my father would come home, furious. And that made for a very difficult childhood.

Weiss bangs her fist on the bookshelf. Ruby tries to move over to comfort Weiss.

Ruby: Weiss, I--

Weiss: No!

She spins on the spot and marches up to Blake pointing her finger in her face. 

Weiss: You want to know why I despise the White Fang? It's because they're a bunch of liars, thieves, and murderers!

Blake: Well maybe we were just tired of being pushed around!

Silence fills the room Weiss carries a betrayed look as she steps back, and Yang and Ruby are surprised. Blake realizes her mistake as she looks at her teammates in fear, Blake makes eye contact with Y/N who nods to her.

Blake: I...I... 

Blake dashes out the door.

Ruby: Blake, wait! Come back! 

Ruby tries to run after her until she is intercepted by Y/N now wearing his White Fang mask as his eyes glow green. Weiss looks on in terror she has seen his mask before. Yang is forced to catch her sister as Y/N kicks Ruby away to create distance. Yang and Y/N meet each other's eyes before he dashes out after Blake.

Blake runs outside and arrives at a statue of an armoured man with a sword and a hooded woman wielding an axe on an outcropping, staring at the Beowolf under the stone heroes in particular. She closes her eyes and slowly lifts her arms up to her bow and pulls the string to release the bow from her hair. She wipes away a tear away as the camera pulls up to reveal her Faunus ears. On the verge of crying, she becomes startled when she hears a voice above her.

Monkey: I knew you would look better without the bow.

Blake turns around to find the monkey faunus from earlier that day looking at her. But it isn't long before he is attacked by Y/N who has his gear and mask on.

Blake: Y/N! Stop!

The Faunus raises his arms to try and defend himself from Y/N as Y/N comes to a complete stop before attacking him.

It's now morning in team RWBY's dorm room. Ruby wakes up from her beauty sleep, yawning in the process. She looks over at Blake's empty bunk and groans sadly not even needing to look at Y/N's to know he isn't back yet.

Weiss, Yang and Ruby are now walking the streets of Vale.

Ruby: They've been gone all weekend...

Weiss: Blake's a big girl, I'm sure she can handle herself! And let's not forget she has LUPUS of the White Fang with her!

Yang: Weiss, come on. She's one of our teammates and Y/N is one of our friends.

Weiss: Is she? We all heard what she said! And you just want Y/N don't think I don't see the way you look at him.

Ruby: Weiss. 

Yang: Maybe she is, maybe she isn't. Either way, she's missing, and we need to find her! My feelings for Y/N have nothing to do with this!

Weiss: Two members of the White Fang! Right underneath our noses!

Ruby: I just hope they're okay...

Elsewhere in Vale Blake sips from a cup of tea as she sighs. She looks to Y/N seeing that he isn't wearing his Mask as he sips from his own cup before looking over at the monkey Faunus who they now know is named Sun as he sits across from her holding his own cup with his tail as he leans on the table. Blake takes another sip as she puts down the cup.

Blake: So, you want to know more about us...

Blake looks Sun deep in his eyes.

Alright, that's it I wanted to add Y/N going into a defensive position over Blake against Team RWBY. I hope you liked this and who would have guessed that Ozpin used to own the car? If you liked this please vote or comment it really helps. Next Chapter: Black and White

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.8K 349 49
You are a wolf faunus named Y/N. You are great with computers and technology in general. Then one night, you come across a dust shop that was about t...
43.3K 844 30
Adam had always done whatever he needed to do for the Faunus but he did so in a way that was unlike any other that we know of. This led to him going...
6.2K 107 22
In the world of Remnant, two races are looked upon differently, Humans and Faunus, however, when the world bares witness to a 'odd' Faunus who isn't...
48.3K 396 12
You are a really strong huntsman who has been accepted into beacon. You met 4 girls on beacons. Your bonds are strong leading into strong relationshi...