Young and Menace the companio...

By tabbymac

this contains one shots, smut, deleted scenes and pictures from Young and Menace! More

introduction
πŸ”Ž : Pictures Liza would have on her wall
πŸ”Ž : Steve, Robin and Dustin's s letters
πŸ”Ž : Nancy, Mike, Lucas and Max's Letters
πŸ–€: Who knows Liza Better
πŸ–€πŸ”Ž: Mike telling Will and El about the break up
πŸ–€πŸ”Ž: Eddie's asking Liza to go to Reefer Ricks
πŸ–€ : How Steve and Liza first met
βœ¨πŸ–€ : Liza and Eddie's Spring Break
πŸ–€ : Liza and Corroded Coffin
πŸ”ŽπŸ–€ : Eddie's vest
πŸ–€ : Steve gets the love he deserves
πŸ”ŽπŸ–€ : Liza being Max's safe place
πŸ”Ž: The nine months Steve's POV
πŸ–€ : A Very Henderson Christmas
πŸ–€: Liza meets Steve's Parents
πŸ–€πŸ”:Eddie seeing Liza's scars.
πŸ–€πŸ” : Liza's Tattoos
πŸ”πŸ–€ : Nightmare Club
βœ¨πŸ–€Starry date night
πŸ”ŽπŸ–€: Reunion
πŸ–€What if: Liza chose Eddie
πŸ–€ : Our Girl part one
πŸ–€ : Our girl part 2
βœ¨πŸ–€ : Our girl part 3
πŸ”ŽπŸ–€: Eddie's realizations
πŸ”Ž1️⃣ : the Demogorgon
πŸ–€πŸ”Ž: sick day
πŸ”ŽπŸ–€: Robin gets forgiven
πŸ”ŽπŸ–€ : Liza and the Five Stages of Greif
πŸ”ŽπŸ–€ : Dustins POV
πŸ”Ž1️⃣ : Wills dead
πŸ”Ž1️⃣ : Bad Men and Coming together
πŸ”Ž1️⃣ : Elevens gone and Hospitals
πŸ”ŽπŸ–€ : The first show
πŸ”ŽπŸ–€ : Wayne and Managing
πŸ”ŽπŸ–€ : Bikers and Leather
πŸ–€ : Wrong Accusations and Coming Clean
πŸ–€πŸ”Ž : Liza tells Eddie about the breakup

πŸ–€πŸ”Ž : Steve's grandmother

112 4 7
By tabbymac

~x~

Walking into the Harrington house, Liza was smacked in the face by a wall of tense atmosphere. She found it off considering Steve was supposed to be at work for another hour, unless their manager had come in and sent him home early but that seemed unlikely. He would have called her if he had stayed home so that was also out. Deciding that she was probably imagining things, the blonde made her way into the living room only to be met with the explanation for the tense air.

In hindsight Liza should have noticed the car in the driveway. If she had, she would have turned around and made her way to Starcourt to warn Steve but it was too late. Now she was alone with Amelia and Clarke Harrington who were sitting with an older woman, all of their eyes turned to look at her. Amelia discreetly rolled her eyes, sipping from a teacup as Clarke stood up.

“Liza! We didn't know you were coming by today.” Clarke chuckled nervously as he went over to the girl. Blocking her from the view of the two women behind him, he looked down at her with wide eyes and mouthed, “That is my mother.”

“Oh! Steve invited me over. I figured I'd save him the trip to pick me up and just skate over.” Liza shrugged, deciding that she was going to see where this went. She looked up at Clarke with a raised brow, a silent question of how bad could this be.

In the months since she had first met Steve's parents, Liza and Clarke had come to a mutual understanding. She wasn't leaving and Clarke didn't mind, he would never admit it - especially near Amelia - but he was glad Steve had someone like Liza in his life. It may be due to the fact she had fought back against his wife instead of letting the woman scare her away but, again, that wasn't something he would ever tell anyone. Liza hadn't come to like Clarke but she at least held some form of respect for him. She didn't condone his constant cheating on his wife - no matter how much the blonde loathed Amelia - or the negligence he had towards Steve but it was clear to her that this probably wasn't the life he had imagined for himself but he was now stuck in.

“I presume you are Stevens' girlfriend?” Clark's mother came around him to stand in front of Liza. She looked the blonde over with an unreadable expression. “I'm Katherine Harrington, his grandmother.”

Liza shook the woman's hand as she tried to keep her face even. Not many normal things scared her anymore but this woman definitely did. She was impeccably dressed in a Burgundy dress and pearls, not a single piece of hair out of place and her eyes seemed to see right through Liza's soul. The blonde was suddenly hyper aware of every imperfection on her face, her clothes and makeup. If she was anything like Amelia then Katherine was not going to like her.

“Liza Henderson. It's nice to meet you.” Liza said, putting her best smile on. “Steve's told me a little about you.”

“Why don't you join us? We were just having tea and catching up.” Clarke offered, his eyes begging Liza to accept.

“Of course, I'd love to!” Liza nodded, placing her bag and skateboard against the wall.

The only available seat was next to Amelia, something the woman and Liza both failed to hide grimaces about but accepted their fates. Liza put as much distance as she could between them, her fake smile back on as she accepted a cup of tea that Clarke handed her. The group sat in a tense silence, it seemed the only one not affected was Katherine. Her eyes scanned her son, daughter-in-law and the blonde. Liza was hoping someone would end the unbearable silence and she got her wish.

"So, Liza, is that short for something?” Katherine asked, her eyes finally settling on the blonde.

Elizabeth.” Liza felt a strange sense of deja vu was over her. “My grandmother actually started calling me that and it stuck.”

“I see, well, either name is beautiful.” Katherine mused, lighting a cigarette. Liza glanced beside her to see Amelia wrinkle her nose. “It's all in how you wear the name. I don't see you as an Elizabeth but a Liza, you are definitely a Liza.”

“Thank you, Mrs.Harrington.” Liza smiled, eyeing the cigarette. She has been trying to cut back on her smoking due to Robin's nagging but she needed one for her nerves right now.

“Please, call me Kate. Would you like one?” Katherine raised a perfect brow at the girl. When Liza nodded - a little too eagerly - she waved her hand towards the case, giving the girl permission. “How did you come to meet my grandson?”

“Oh, uh, we met in school.” Liza answered, blowing smoke into the air. “If I'm honest, when I first met him I thought he was a bit of a . . .”

“He was a little asshole.” Katherine chuckled, finishing Liza's sentence when she hesitated. She leaned forward, a smile on her lips as she spoke. “You can say it, I won't be upset. He was a spoiled little asshole who thought he was the King of every room he walked into.”

Liza let out a barking laugh before slapping her hand over her mouth with wide eyes. Katherine gave her a sly grin before grabbing her tea cup. Liza's eyes darted over to Clarke who seemed like he was relaxing a bit more than to Amelia who somehow managed to look more rigid than when Liza first walked in. This was the last thing she had expected out of Katherine. She had been expecting someone like Amelia, someone worse than Amelia.

“Now, Steve has told me about these children you hang around “ Katherine began, watching as the blonde's smile faded. The last time Liza was in a room with Amelia and Clarke where the kids were brought up, she almost became a murderer. Amelia's lips pulled back into a victorious smile, she knew she could count on her mother-in-law to bring her claws out eventually. “He talks about your brother, Dustin, the most.”

“Because the boy has latched on like a-” Amelia spoke for the first time since Liza had shown up but was quickly cut off by Katherine.

“I wasn't talking to you, Amelia. I am speaking to Liza.” Katherines eyes narrowed at her son's wife before turning back to Liza. She could see the fire in the girl's eyes, one that told her that if she hadn't said anything, Liza would have torn the woman to shreds. “Tell me about them.”

“About Steve and Dustin?” Liza asked, her brows pulled together  in confusion.

“About them all.”

Katherine knew that this was the key to getting Liza to open up. Steve had said as much when her told her that the kids were Liza's whole world over the phone. It has worked as the fire in the blonde's eyes had extinguished down to a sparkle and her face brightened with a brilliant smile. Liza proceeded to tell Katherine about each of the kids, her words spilling out so fast the woman was shocked she was even able to keep up.

Liza told Katherine about how Dustin was insanely smart, another Einstein in the making. That he was always there for his friends and even though he could be a little shit; he was the best little brother she could have asked for. How Mike was a natural born leader, how he was willing to do anything for the ones he loved and never did anything halfway. How Will had the biggest heart, how he was a talented artist and still had his sense of wonder despite going through something traumatic. How Lucas always had a joke to tell, that he was going to be a basketball star in highschool and when you needed him, he would always come running. How El was a shy but powerful girl, that she was fiercely loyal and still finding herself. How Max was newer to the group but made herself a spot within the group like she had always belonged. That she never took shit from anyone and was like the sister she never had.

By the time Liza had finished her ramblings about the kids, Clarke had refilled his mother's tea and Amelia looked ready to throw herself off a building. Katherine had taken the information, using it as an analysis of who Liza was. You can always tell a lot about a person by the way they talk about their friends or the children they were around. This had shown the grandmother that Liza was a deeply caring and protective person, that she didn't just see these kids as children or her brother's friends but as her own friends, as siblings, as if they were her own children. The way Liza's body language had gone into defence mode when Amelia had begun to speak also told Katherine that this girl was willing to go up to bat for anyone in her life that she deemed worthy.

“Well, they sound like lovely children.’ Katherine commented, a warm smile on her face.

“They're alright.” Liza said, sarcastically rolling her eyes like she hadn't spent the last ten minutes gushing about them.

“What about yourself? I'm just realising I've asked you questions about everyone else but the only thing I've asked you about yourself is about your name.” Katherine said, clasping her hands in her lap. “Tell me everything. Maybe this time Amelia can actually learn a thing or two about you instead of attacking you.”

“I did not attack her! Where did you get such a preposterous idea?” Amelia tried to defend herself. It was the wrong love as Katherine turned to her, the warm smile turning into an icy glare that reminded Liza that this was a high society woman.

“Don't try to play innocent, Amelia. It doesn't suit you “ Katherine stated, her voice holding a tone of authority. “I talk to my grandson. I also happen to know the owner of the restaurant.”

~x~

When Steve pulled into the driveway, the first thing he noticed was his parents car. He froze, remembering that he had told Liza to come over tonight and that she had said that she would be there by the time he got home. Not bothering to grab anything, he flew from the car and towards the house. He had never left Liza alone with his parents, he had always made sure he was with her just in case his mother started to accost her again. Not because he was afraid of what his mother's words would do to Liza but because he was afraid of what his girlfriend would do physically to Amelia.

Opening the door, Steve had expected a lot of things. Screaming, his mother's body on the floor, Liza cleaning blood off of a knife. Instead he was met with laughter and that only seemed to set him on edge further. Walking towards the sound, the sight in front of him was just as shocking as the laughter and he had never been more thankful that he changed out of his uniform after work. On the couch was Liza, a cup of tea in her hand as she sat beside his grandmother who seemed to be wiping tears from her eyes. In the armchair was his father who seemed bemused at the scene while his mother sat on the other side of his grandmother, her face pinched and showing just how disapproving she was of this situation.

Gram? What are you doing here?” Steve asked, coming closer to the couch.

“Oh, Steve! You're home!” Katherine exclaimed, standing so she could bring him into a hug. “You did not do Liza justice over the phone. I can see why you like her so much!”

“You're just saying that.” Liza blushed, looking down at the cup in her hands.

“I don't say things I don't mean, dear.” Katherine stated. She turned to face Amelia, waving her hands like she was shooing her away. The woman plastered on a fake smile as she stood and went to sit beside Liza. “No, no. You get a chair from the dining room. I want to sit next to my grandson and his delightful girlfriend.”

Steve's eyes widened slightly as he looked over at Liza, confused on what had happened while he wasn't there. She shrugged and gave him a look that clearly stated that she would tell him later, a small smile playing at her lips. Steve sighed quietly before sitting next to his girlfriend, keeping his hands and arms to himself. He wasn't sure how delicate the situation was and him touching Liza could be the thing that shattered it, so he didn't want to risk it. The blonde didn't seem to care however as she immediately turned her body and threw her legs over one of his thighs so she could properly look at Katherine.

“So, as I was saying, he let us put a face mask on him and braid his hair.” Liza said, a wide smile on her face. “I still have the picture.”

“Steve, these girls seem to have you wrapped around their fingers.” Katherine mused, eyeing her grandson with a fond smile.

“Yeah, they do.” Steve nodded, glaring playfully at Liza for telling his grandmother the story of his participation in the girls night she had with Max. “There isn't much that I wouldn't do for them.”

“How are you ever going to manage when she goes to College?” Katherine asked, sipping on her tea. She saw Liza shrink back a little, causing her to raise her brows. “Oh, are you not going to college?”

“I've been waiting for this to come up!” Amelia chimed in, clapping her hands together. Sitting on the edge of her seat now, she leaned forward so she could grin vindictively at the blonde. “Elizabeth has to repeat her senior year.”

“Is this true, Liza?” Katherine asked, frowning slightly.

“Yes ma'am. I, uh. . .” Liza looked over at Steve, her eyes screaming for him to help her.

“She is repeating because she went through a bit of a rough patch. One of the kids, Will, got really sick, like almost, uh, died kind of sick. Liza basically went through hell and back trying to help him get better.” Steve began, grabbing Liza's hand when she started to nervously pick at the skin around her nails. It did very little to calm her down. “Once Will had gotten better, Liz hit an exhaustion wall and it affected her in school. It was around the time we got together so I helped where I could but things happen.”

Liza didn't dare look up from where her and Steve's hands were intertwined on her lap. She didn't want to see the disappointment on Katherine's face or the joy on Amelia's. She tried to avoid this conversation as best as she could until it became inevitable. She already heard about Amelia's displeasure in Steve staying with “a slacker” and about how he would have never had to deal with this if he had managed to keep Nancy. The mother had even gone as far as blaming Liza for Steve not getting into any colleges, as if the blonde had any part in his admissions process.

“Oh please, give up the sob story. She just didn't want to do the work!” Amelia scoffed, looking to her husband for support. Clarke avoided her gaze, he knew better than to get in the middle of Amelia and Katherine. There was always a clear winner and it wasn't his wife. “She's just hoping she can marry you so she can coast on your money!”

“You mean like you do with my son?” Katherine asked, turning to pointedly look at the diamond ring on Amelia's finger. “If I remember correctly, you quit your job pretty quickly after you married my son.”

“That is different!” Amelia spluttered, her back straightened as she looked at her mother-in-law.

“I'm sure it is.” Katherine said, distaste evident in her tone as she rolled her eyes. Turning back to face Liza and Steve, her face turned soft as she reached out and placed her hand on the blonde's knee to make her look up. “Liza, dear, I think it's admirable that you were so worried and involved with the boy. While you should have taken better care of yourself, you are still young. You aren't adept in compartmentalising yet. I find that is something that comes with age and personally it came to me with motherhood.”

“It's just. . . Will's been through so much already. We lost him before then we almost lost him again. I couldn't cope properly after.” Liza frowned, leaning her head on to Steve's shoulder. “Steve did help me though, I don't think I'd be as fine as I am now if it wasn't for him.”

“You mean to tell me he isn't a little asshole anymore?” Katherine joked. She watched as a smile tugged on Liza's face while confusion spread on Steve's before it seemed to dawn on him.

“No, he's actually pretty good now.” Liza laughed softly.

“Do I have you to thank for that change?’ Katherine tilted her head. It was small but Liza could see that Steve and Clarke got the mannerism from the woman.

“Yes, you do.” Steve smiled at Liza, placing a kiss on her hair.

“I'm planning on graduating this year though and in the meantime, Steve and I work at Scoops Ahoy together.” Liza said, lifting her head from Steve's shoulder. “Maybe Steve and I will get into colleges close to each other next year or something.”

“Even if you don't, I'm sure you two will make it work.” Katherine stated.

Or hopefully break up.” Amelia muttered to herself.

~x~

Katherine insisted that Liza and Steve stay for supper, mostly so she could see them interact but also because she enjoyed that the blonde's very presence seemed to annoy Amelia. As they went to sit at the dining room table, Amelia tried to split Steve and Liza up by sitting herself between the couple. Katherine put a quick end to that winking at Liza as she gestured for them all to sit.

While they ate, Katherine started to ask the young couple about their relationship. She watched them as she listened, at first she focused on Liza. It was clear to her the amount of affection the girl held for Steve. She had her body angled discreetly towards him and Katherine was sure that if she looked, she their legs would be touching under the table. Liza was able to finish Steve's sentences when he seemed to falter on the right words. She looked at him, the picture of absolute adoration as he told a story about spending the day with her and Dustin. Before Steve had shown up, Liza's laugh had been what could only be described as polite but now with him here it was loud. She would throw her head back and grab his arm as her infectious laugh filled the room.

Switching her focus over, Katherine observed Steve. She had visited when he had been with Nancy and this was an obvious display that he belonged with Liza. If his focus wasn't needed elsewhere, he was always looking at Liza. The last time Katherine had seen that look of devotion in someone's eyes was her own husband and it almost made her tear up. The devotion was reflected in his actions as well. If Liza moved, he moved with her. If she needed anything off the table, Steve was grabbing it for her before she even had to ask, like he had been able to read her mind. At one point, Liza dropped her napkin and leaned down to grab it. No sooner did her head disappear below that table, Steve placed his hand on the corner so she didn't bump her head on the way back up.

After dinner, Steve and Liza decided that it would be better if they went back to the Henderson's. While they no longer cared about being there when his parents were around, Liza thought it would be better to not push her luck with Katherine. So far the woman seemed to like her and she didn't want to ruin it. They stayed for another hour, not wanting to seem like they were trying to rush out. Katherine hoped she would have a bit longer with the two teenagers but when Steve gave a side glance to his mother, she nodded. She understood that being in the presence of the woman was probably exhausting.

“It was lovely to meet you, Mrs.Harrington.” Liza smiled at Katherine.

“I thought I told you to call me Kate.” Katherine chided playfully, pulling Liza into a quick hug. “But it was lovely meeting you too. I hope we can visit again sometime, you are a breath of fresh air.”

“And you are not at all what I expected.” Liza laughed. Heading out the door, she turned and waved. “Goodbye!”

Katherine wanted to the girl as she walked to the car. Steve came to stand beside her, looking up at his grandmother with raised brows. He didn't care about his mother or fathers approval of the blonde but he did care about hers. Despite her interactions with Liza, he knew better than anyone that the woman would be nice to your face then say what she actually thought when you were gone. Katherine turned to face him with an unreadable expression, making him hold his breath.

“I like her.” Katherine finally said, a smile spreading on her lips.

“Actually?” Steve asked, relief filling his body.

“Yes, dear, actually.” Katherine chuckled, “She's got a good head on her shoulders.”

“Yeah, she can also be a handful when she wants to be.” Steve laughed, glancing out at the car.

Good. You need a woman who's going to keep you on your toes. It means that you will always have fun.” Katherine smirked, remembering how her own husband had been the same way.

“It's definitely never boring with her.” Steve said, his smile wide as he looked down at his feet. He hesitated for a second, wondering if he should tell his grandmother something he never said out loud before. Taking in a deep breath, he looked back at Katherine. “I think I love her.”

“You think or know?” Katherine raised a brow at him. She noted the way his eyes widened and he began to fidget. “I know the answer to that question but do you?”

Steve stopped for a moment to think about it. He had thought he had known what love was when he was with Nancy but had been proved very wrong, so he had been unsure if he was in love with Liza. Looking at the relationship so far, he didn't think he had ever been happier. He enjoyed every minute he spent with her and craved her when she wasn't around. He loved being able to fall asleep and wake up next to her. He loved that he got to see the best and worst of her and that she never hid it from him. He appreciated that she didn't care that he was once King Steve and that she wanted him for him. That he had been brought into her little chosen family. He didn't want to lose her and when he thought about it, she was who he wanted beside him in the future.

“I know I love her.” Steve stated, a wide smile on his face.

“Then I think you should probably tell her that.” Katherine chuckled, hugging Steve tightly. “Because I know that girl loves you too.”

~x~

Steve and Liza laid tangled up on the girl's bed, both unwinding from the surprise visit from his parents and grandmother. Steve stared up at the ceiling as he ran his fingers through her hair, using the feeling as a grounding force. While he knew how he felt about the night, how his grandmother felt, he couldn't get a gauge on how Liza felt. Looking down at the blonde he found her gazing up at him. She had her brows raised at him and it seemed like she had been waiting for him to speak.

Ask it. You know you want to.” Liza said, adjusting herself so she could rest her chin on her hand.

“How do you feel about tonight?” Steve asked with a playful roll of his eyes.

“Well, I would have loved being able to prepare myself for it but I actually think it went well.” Liza mused a small smile on her lips. “I love your grandmother.”

“She loved you, which I'm not shocked about, I kinda expected her to." Steve stated, resting his hand on her cheek. “Bonus points that the harpy hates you. Gram loves everything that she hates.”

“I do what I can.” Liza laughed with a shrug.

The pair settled into bed, deciding that sleep was calling their names. Liza cuddled into Steve's side, her head resting on his chest as she let his heartbeat kill her to sleep. Steve stayed awake for a little longer, his mind racing with his earlier revelation. Looking down at Liza again, he smiled softly and placed a kiss on her hair.

“Liz?” Steve whispered, seeing if the girl was really asleep. When he got no response, he sighed and placed his head back on the pillow. “Good night, Darlin’. I love you.”

A/n : I don't know, I just needed Steve to have one good blood relative lmao.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.3K 597 42
Jopper oneshots, feel free to request <3 Will do anything, including Smut. Only excluding weirdshit, like huge age gaps, weird kinks ETC. But other t...
4.5K 183 17
After the Vecna's end, Eddie and Steve are still struggling to adjust to normal life. Steve is convinced something is coming after them, and Eddie is...
6.7K 25 22
Originally: "Stranger things oneshots :)" reminder that I do take requests. And if you would like to make one please do it in the character dividing...
29.4K 402 24
sfw stranger things agere oneshots. requests permanently closed. no nsfw