🔎1️⃣ : Wills dead

It started off as a normal night, it was supposed to be just a normal night

It started off as a normal night, it was supposed to be just a normal night. With all the craziness of Will going missing, the boys finding a girl in the woods and the existence of another world called the Upside Down; Liza needed a normal night. So with as much excitement one could possibly have when doing homework, the blonde spread out her books and pens on the floor and began to draft out her history essay.

Without warning, the door to Liza's bedroom flew open, causing the girl to jump and whip her head towards it. She was ready to scold her brother for being so rough but stopped when she saw how panicked and distraught he looked. Dustin's eyes were wide as he looked around the room before finally landing on Liza. His hands were shaking and his chest heaved as he struggled to breathe.

"Dustin, come here." Liza said as she pushed herself up into a sitting position and patted the floor beside her. Her brows furrowed as he practically crumbled down in front of her and threw himself in her arms. "What's wrong?"

That was enough for Dustin to break out into sobs. He was incoherent as he tried to speak but all that came out was loud wails. His tears soaking Liza's short as she held him tightly. She removed his hat so she could run her fingers through his hair, a calming motion that usually worked on him. Liza had no clue what could have upset him this badly, he was just with Mike, Lucas and Eleven; there was no way they were the cause of this.

Dustin tried his best to catch his breath after every sob. He didn't want to believe it, he wouldn't have if he didn't see it with his own eyes. One of his best friends just gone. It seemed like a cruel joke that two hours ago he was looking for Will and now the boy was lying in the Roane county morgue while he was being held by his sister.

Another thing that made it hard for Dustin to calm down was that he wasn't sure how he was going to tell Liza. He knew that she was already upset over Will being missing, knew that she blamed herself for not meeting them and following them home no matter how hard she tried to hide it from them. Knowing this was going to break her made it that much harder on him, but he had to be the one to tell her. He couldn't let his sister find out about Will's death from the news or even their mother. Especially when he knew and she deserved to know now rather than later.

"He's gone, Liz."

"I know, but Eleven said she could find him." Liza tried reassuring Dustin. "I'm sure he will be back in no time."

Liza knew this was a lot for Dustin, hell it was a lot for her. Having a kid she thought of as a little brother go missing and the chaos that had followed was enough to make her feel older than she actually was. She could only imagine how the boy in her arms felt about it all. Maybe this was the reaction of it all finally coming down on him. He was a kid after all, this much being thrown at him must be havoc on his mental state.

"No!" Dustin exclaimed, pulling away from Liza so he could wipe his tears away in frustration. He rarely raised his voice at his sister but she just wasn't understanding him. "He's gone! Will is dead!"