Sunbeam

By thatpeakybauthor

Kezia was always there, a lot of the time Beatrice didn't notice, and when she did, she took it for granted... More

1) Friends?
2) Arrival of the brothers
3) Christmas Eve
4) I love you
5) Unrequited Love
6) Who?
7) Coming out
8) Again?
9) Love
10) The Fire
11) Pregnancy
12) Clean break
13) Billy Kimber
14) Freddie
15) Defeat
16) The Races
17) Done over
18) Painting?
19) Refurbished
20) How is she?
21) Take me seriously!
22) The Painting
23) The Wedding
24) Freddie's Arrest
25) Get out of the city
26) You're not mad
27) Arthur Senior Returns
28) Open up
29) Bad News
31) Bar Fight
32) I was naive
33) Clean table
34) Honoured as always
35) Shoot Out
36)
37)
38)
39) Artwork
40)
41) Ada's departure
42) The Bar
43) Lectures
44)
45) First Night
46)
47) Freddies Funeral
48) sister
49)
50)

30) The Location

229 20 0
By thatpeakybauthor

Beatrice hears the doors to the pub open, the only people that'd be walking in this late had the last name Shelby, turning around she sees her assumptions are correct.

"You managed to get Ada to speak to you, Pol and I went today, she let us in," Bea smiles at Kez, "how did you manage to get Ada to speak to you?"

"I told you I could get her speaking," Kezia shrugs, "you need to get out of here."

"I'm not finished closing," Bea responds confused.

"I did not ask," Kezia states, "Bea, you gotta go."

"What's happening? What have you two got yourselves into?" Beatrice questions.

"Nothing major, Bea, please just walk out the door, and don't stop marching those feet until you're back home," Tommy states.

"Ah, Grumpy Shelby's, off I go," Beatrice teases, "will you finish my closing tasks?"

"Sure," Kezia responds.

"I wasn't being serious, I'll just come in early tomorrow," Beatrice says, "I'm sure I'll see you both then, good evening."

The siblings watch as Bea gathers her things, before swiftly exiting the pub.

"How you doing with that?" Tommy asks, nodding his head towards the door which Bea had just walked out of.

"I want her so bad my loins are scorching and might combust," Kezia responds.

Tommy turns to his sister with a bewildered and disgusted look on his face, "seriously? You couldn't have described it any other way."

Kezia shrugs, "that's the most family friendly thing I could think of."

"Lovely," Tommy tuts, "the Irish will be here any moment, you know what you're doing?"

"Umm, remind me again?" Kezia smiles.

"Kez," Tommy sighs.

"Yes, yes, saving your life, I know what I'm doing," Kezia laughs, slipping behind the bar, giving her brother a mocking wave as she steps into the back room.

There were a couple minutes of silence before Kez hears the pub doors open followed by two Irish voices greeting her brother. Next came the scraping of chairs, and Kez took that as her sigh to push the door ajar, they wouldn't be able to see her, their backs were towards her.

Her gun was already in her hands, she'd already cocked it, all she had to do was pull the trigger. They were planning to shoot him, they were tense and their guns were in accessible places, she had no doubt that sooner or later once of them would be drawing a weapon.

She wasn't focused too much on whatever was being said, she was solely concentrated on watching to see when one of their hands would twitch. Tommy was in control of the conversation, she didn't to need to pay any mind to what the contents of it were. If it was important, he'd tell her after.

The one on the right would be the one shooting, the other had his hands on the table, ready to accept the location of the shipment from Tommy. Once he takes it, Kez notices the other one's hand reach for his weapon, instinctively, she pulls the trigger, firing a bullet directly into his head, blood splattering over Tommy and his comrade, who turns to Kez, scrambling for his weapon, but by the time he'd located it, Kez had already re-cocked and fired another bullet, hitting him square in the chest causing him to flop to the floor, his gun thudding to the floor beside him.

"Nice aim," Tommy compliments.

"Why thank you," Kez says, jokingly bowing as she walks out of the back room, "well that was rather anti-climactic."

"Drink?" Tommy suggests.

"Of course," Kez responds, grabbing two glasses and their favourite whiskey, noticing a set of keys on a hook.

She hands the bottle of whiskey to Tommy, who pours generously into each glass, whilst Kez reaches for the keys, inspecting them, she recognises the key ring on it, she'd made it, a bumblebee, it was obvious who she'd given it to.

"Bea left her keys," Kezia states.

"You reckon she'll come back here to get them?" Tommy asks, looking over his shoulder at the two dead bodies.

"No, she won't come back here tonight, she's smarter than that," Kezia replies, "she knows our door is normally unlocked, we'll probably find her sat in our kitchen."

"I'm going to see Tess, let her know we're not dead or maimed," Tommy says, "Scudboat and Lovelock will be coming to clear the bodies some point during the night."

"Might want to do that soon, she will come here if we're longer than the 20 minutes we said it'd take," Kezia responds, "you remember with Kimber? The woman refused to fucking leave, she's as stubborn as a mule."

"That she is," Tommy chuckles, taking a sip of his whiskey, "it's because she cares."

"That she does," Kezia agrees.

-

Kezia walks into her house, Bea's house keys sitting in her pocket, she looks around the kitchen, no sign of her, moving into the lounge she sees Bea curled up on the sofa sleeping.

Crouching down beside her, Kez goes to stroke her hair before stopping herself, instead placing her hand on Bea's shoulder, gently shaking her.

Bea's eyes tiredly flutter open, yawning as she sits up, "I forgot my keys."

"I know," Kezia replies, retrieving them from her pocket, "come on, let's get you home."

"I live a couple houses down, you don't need to walk me home," Bea smiles.

Kezia shrugs, "when has you telling me that ever worked?"

"True," Beatrice nods, "what happened tonight?"

"Meeting," Kez replies.

"I know that," Bea says, "any specifics? Is there going to be blood on the floor when I walk into work tomorrow?"

"No, it'll be cleaned up by then," Kezia teases.

"I can't tell whether you're kidding or not," Bea states.

"Do you want me to be kidding?" Kez asks.

"Of course," Beatrice scoffs.

"Then I'm kidding," Kez smiles, winking at Bea.

"You're rather dangerous, aren't you?" Bea says.

"I'm a Shelby, we're all rather dangerous," Kezia replies.

"It would be logical for me to be scared of you," Beatrice whispers.

"And are you?" Kezia asks.

"No," Bea says, and Kez nods, "good."

"But you've killed people. You killed someone tonight, you've killed some for me, that should scare me, shouldn't it?" Beatrice replies.

"You sound like you're coming to a revelation, but I don't know what's tripping you up, you've known this information for a while, why now are we having this conversation?" Kezia questions, "you've seen me drenched in blood mere seconds after I've killed someone, why is it now you want to talk about this?"

"I don't know," Bea sighs, "it's- you're so calm, like nothing has just happened, how do you do that?"

"It'd do me no good to go into a frenzy, that would be suspicious," Kezia responds.

"It's not like the police do anything about it," Beatrice says.

"That's true," Kez nods.

"It's scary, nobody is stopping you," Bea replies.

"Why would they?" Kezia shrugs, "as far as most people are concerned, I'm doing them a favour."

"The fact that this is how you view murder, that should send a shiver down my spine," Beatrice states, "but it doesn't."

"Stop," Kez responds, "we both know why it doesn't send a shiver down your spine, you thinking on it, this conversation, it won't change anything, so it needs to stop."

"You're right," Bea nods, "I shouldn't have-"

"It's okay, let's get you home," Kezia says, standing and picking up Bea's bag.

"I'm sorry," Beatrice apologises, "sometimes my mind just runs but I don't know its final destination when I open my mouth."

"It's okay, Bea," Kezia sighs, "as much as I would've enjoyed hearing where your mind was running, I know it wouldn't change anything. Consider it me indulging myself. You don't need to apologise. I knew where your mind was going, it was my choice to let you ramble for as long as you did."

"I know, but I've told you 'no' and then I talk like- well, I talk like that, it was unfair to you," Beatrice says.

"Bea, I understand 'no' you don't need to worry about me thinking or acting upon this conversation," Kezia assures, "we're all good. Now come on, it's late, and given you were sleeping when I got home, you probably need your bed."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.5K 531 36
There are moments in life that alter the very essence of a person's soul. For the DiLaurentis-Fields family, one moment changes everything. One momen...
2.5K 61 8
In which Lola Shelby learns that love has no bounds
1.5K 75 9
It was you from the moment we met. *SLOW UPDATES* I have no update schedule as my main priority at this time is college. Thank you for your support...
55K 823 29
He told her to get out while she still could. She ignored his warning and came back. In reality he was happy she was home.