13) Billy Kimber

"The singing really is atrocious, they sound like they're strangling cats out there," John chuckles, "what the hell made you let them sing? It's worse than the renditions Ada and Bea were doing."

"I like your tie, Kezia," Grace speaks softly.

"What about mine?" Arthur inputs, straightening his bow tie, as Kez laughs.

"Yours is lovely too, Arthur," Grace says, before promptly exiting the room.

Kezia didn't miss the way, all three of her older brothers eyes followed Grace out of the room, Arthur shuffling the cards, "what did make you change your mind, though, Tommy?"

Tommy glances at the door again, and John smirks, "it's about time, Tommy."

"Time for what?" Tommy responds.

"Time you took yourself a woman," John states.

"I haven't taken anyone," Tommy says, "just play the bloody hands."

"Mmhm, sure," John hums, unconvinced.

Fuck. Kez thinks, she really hoped that Tommy wasn't catching feelings for Grace. Especially, if Grace hadn't told him about what occurred between the two of them. Which Kezia doubted she had, as Tommy hadn't spoke to Kez about it. If Tommy didn't know and found out later on, he'd be pissed. He'd be fine if he knew beforehand, but if he found out after something had already occurred between himself and Grace, he'd be annoyed.

Light shines into the room, and Arthur looks at Tommy, "coppers?"

Tommy shakes his head, "no."

"I'm guessing this is why it was beer and not whiskey," Kezia states.

"Tidy yourselves up, we've got a visitor," Tommy instructs.

"Shouldn't Kez go home? She's not involved in whatever this is, Tom," Arthur states.

"She's more involved than you two realise," Tommy replies, and the other two brothers glance at their sister who was finishing her pint.

"Is there any man here named Shelby?" A voice questions from outside the door to the snug, seconds later, just as Tommy was reaching for the handle, a gunshot rang out, "I said. Is there any man here named Shelby?"

The siblings walk out of the snug, Tommy addressing the pub, "Harry, get these men a drink. Everyone else, go home!"

The pub cleared out almost instantly. Only Kimbers men were left. Kezia glances at the bar, clearly Tess, Bea and Grace didn't understand that they were meant to leave aswell. She saunters over to them, "what do you three think you're still doing here?"

"Kez," Theresa sighs, looking over her friends shoulder at the armed men.

"We'll be fine," Kezia responds, "now leave."

"I'll go into the back rooms, but I'm not leaving," Theresa states firmly, maintaining eye contact with Kez, who she could tell was becoming a lot more frustrated by their defiance.

"Fine. Fucking fine. Just stop standing here." Kezia says.

"Don't go mouthing off to people with guns," Theresa warns, Kez just stares at her, Tess knew that meant why the fuck are you still standing here?

"What's this one still doing here?" Kimber questions when Kezia turns around, and walks over to them, taking a seat beside John.

"This one?" Kez repeats, "you should really do some research before you walk in to places all guns blazing."

"What's your name, my dear?" Kimber asks, his eyes dancing over her body.

"I'm not your anything," Kezia corrects, "what I am, is their sister."