24) Freddie's Arrest

"Where's Freddie?" Ada exclaims, clutching onto her sisters hand, "he's on his way," Kez promises, "just keep pushing, he'll be here."

"I don't want to, I can't," Ada breathes out.

"You can't just stop now, Ada, you've got half a baby dangling out your vagina, you can push the rest of it out," Kez says, "I believe in you."

"You couldn't have said that in a nicer way? You just had to put it like that?" Bea replies.

"It's worked, she's pushing again," Kezia shrugs, feeling Ada tighten the grip on her hand.

"Kez, be quiet," Theresa says.

"Shutting up," Kez nods, softly stroking Ada's hair, as her younger sister screams out in pain as she continues to give birth.

"It's a boy," Polly announces, as Esmé brings her a cloth to clean the baby.

"Kezia, get her some water," Beatrice states.

"Kezia? Looks like I'm in someone's bad books," Kez responds, albeit still obeying Bea, and going to get a glass of water for her sister.

"Is the baby okay?" Ada asks.

"He's beautiful," Tess smiles, as Kez returns with a glass of water for Ada, whilst Polly wraps the baby up in a sheet.

Ada takes a large gulp from the glass of water, before passing it back to Kez, "can I see him?"

Polly gently transfers the baby into his mother's arms, and Ada smiles down at him, kissing his forehead, "I thought you said Freddie was coming."

"He's on his way, he'll be here," Polly says.

"Right, I'm getting a drink, anyone else want one?" Kezia asks, uncorking a bottle of whiskey.

"If you're wanting a drink so bad, why not just go to the pub? I'm sure there's something there worth your while," Bea responds.

"This is not the time, Bea," Kez states, pouring herself a drink.

"I'm actually quite intrigued, what's going on?" Ada says, "what's worth your while at the pub, Kez?"

"Nothing," Kez responds.

"Didn't look like nothing," Beatrice states.

"Again, Kez?" Tess sighs, "Grace? Seriously?"

"The barmaid?" Esmé questions, "oh that explains why going to the pub would be worth the while, sorry, I'm a little behind on what's happening. What's the story with the barmaid?"

"There is no story," Kez states.

"Kez slept with her a while back," Polly tells Esmé.

"And what happened tonight?" Esmé asks.

"Found them basically undressing each other behind a wagon," Beatrice informs.

"That's not what was happening," Kezia replies.

"So what was happening, Kez?" Ada questions, as the door opens and Freddie walks in.

"Perfect timing," Kez mumbles, finishing her drink.

"It's a boy, Fred," Ada says, as Freddie rushes to her, crouching beside her and stroking their son's head, "he's gorgeous."

-

"What the fuck is that?" Beatrice asks, hearing loud bangs against the door.

"Everyone, hands in the air," a voice shouts, and soon enough half a dozen coppers were swarming the room, three had their guns out, aiming around the room before settling on Kez, whilst the other three grab Freddie from beside Ada.