37)

"What's going on with you, Kez?" Bea asks, whilst changing her bandages in the way that Tess had demonstrated.

"Nothing," Kez replies.

"Really? So you haven't been acting weird with me for the past fortnight?" Beatrice responds, beginning to gently cleanse the wound, "I have seen you go to hold my hand and then change your mind last minute."

"I don't want to overstep any boundaries," Kezia states, "I know you've said you're okay with a select group of people knowing, but sometimes I forget, and sometimes I think that I imagined it, other times I'm just not sure what you're comfortable with when we're in front of those who know. I guess I've spent so long restraining myself that now I don't have to I'm not sure what is acceptable."

"Kez, I'm okay with it all," Bea says, "as long as it's not bordering on voyeurism, I am comfortable with it, I am comfortable with you."

"Okay," Kez replies, reaching her hand to rest on Bea's jaw, "I love you."

"I love you most," Bea smiles, as Kez tilts her head to softly brush their lips together.

"No distracting me, I'm meant to be bandaging," Beatrice laughs, kissing the inside of Kez's hand before Kez retracts it.

"Sorry, nurse," Kez mumbles, "might I point out, you're the one feeling me up, how am I the distraction?"

"I'm not feeling you up, I'm changing your bandages," Bea scoffs, to which Kez raises an eyebrow, Bea sighs, "okay, maybe a little. Can you blame me? You're just too- ugh."

"Ugh?" Kezia repeats confused, "I'm what?"

"You're too sexy," Beatrice states, blushing, "too sexy for public viewing in my opinion."

"You going to tie me to the bed again? Keep me hidden away?" Kezia smirks, her hands caressing the back of Bea's thighs, as she finishes changing Kez's bandages.

"Don't tempt me," Bea laughs, as Kez pulls her down to straddle her lap, "is this still okay?"

"There's nobody here," Bea responds, "as long as your hands do not go exploring, me sitting here is okay, it's nothing Tommy and Tess don't do."

-

"Kez is hammered," Freddie says, walking over to Ada and Bea with Karl in his arms, "she keeps offering to make us new kitchen cabinets, a new table, a new cot, and a new bed."

"To be fair, those would be masterpieces, and would cost an arm and a leg otherwise," Ada responds, glancing over to her sister, who was currently tilting her head back as Arthur poured whiskey into her mouth.

"Hello, baby," Ada coos, as Freddie gently transfers Karl into her arms, Ada kissing her son's forehead lovingly.

"That woman is trouble," Freddie says, leaning against the doorframe watching Tommy, Arthur, John and Finn, all throw their heads back laughing, clutching their stomachs at something Kez had said.

"That woman is my sister," Ada corrects.

"Your whole family is trouble, including you, love," Freddie responds, smiling, dropping a kiss to Ada's temple.

"I haven't seen her this happy in a while," Ada states, glancing at Bea, who was distractedly staring at Kez, with a smile on her face.

"Who's the new barmaid?" Freddie asks, gently tapping Bea's shoulder.

"That's Veronica, Grace's replacement," Bea says, "she's nice, don't know if she knows what she's in for. She's away with the fairies most of the time, gets the job done though, so I can't really complain. In fact, my glass seems to be empty, I'm going to get a refill, would either of you like a drink?"

"We're all good, thank you," Ada responds, and Bea nods, before heading over to the bar, Kez turning to look at her when she hears Bea's voice.

"Hello, trouble," Bea smiles, "you seem like you're enjoying yourself."

"The nights just got even better," Kezia responds, placing a hand on Bea's lower back, leaning down to kiss her cheek. Even though the pub was relatively busy, it was a private event, Blinders only, they all knew.

"Why's that, eh?" Beatrice replies.

"Just ordered another whiskey," Kez jokes, winking at her.

"You ought to be careful, else one of these days, I might think your love for whiskey outweighs your love for me," Bea laughs.

"Never," Kez says, sliding her arm around Bea's waist as they both rejoin the conversation with her brothers, Tess and Esmé also approaching.

"And she's back," John chuckles.

"What?" Kez responds.

"You were in the middle of a conversation when you got distracted by the lovely Bea," Arthur states.

"Was I? What was I talking about?" Kez asks.

"Dinosaurs, you were talking about dinosaurs," Finn laughs.

"Why the fuck was I talking about dinosaurs?" Kezia responds.

"We don't know... we thought you might've had a point but evidently not," Tommy says.

"Oh well," Kez shrugs, taking a sip from her whiskey.

"You're quite fascinated by animals, aren't you?" Tess asks, "I can remember an hour long conversation about sharks."

"Who wouldn't be fascinated by animals?" Kez responds.

"Well yes, but they probably couldn't ramble on for an hour about sharks," Teresa laughs.

"I'll take that as you saying I'm well educated," Kezia states, finishing her drink, which Veronica refills instantly, "thank you."