GUIDE •✯• Solo Leveling

By mughfyn_

His Guide. ✯Their predecessors, their successors, with their souls intertwined. (UPDATE EVERY ONCE/TWICE A WE... More

PROLOGUE
INFO
CH. 2
CH. 3
CH. 4
CH. 5
CH. 6
CH. 7
CH. 8
CH. 9
CH. 10
CH. 11
CH. 12
CH. 13
CH. 14
CH. 15
CH. 16
CH. 17
CH. 18

CH.1

1K 24 11
By mughfyn_

LONDON...._| <

6 years ago

A brunette can be seen in the library, studying with her one and only friend, she sneezed, scrunching her nose to get rid of the itchy feeling.

"Bless you" Her friend said, chuckling.

"I'm atheist" She exclaimed.

"And I am christian" Her friend replied.

Both laughed quietly at their own conversation, she never really mind the small talk while studying, besides, it helps her by not putting pressure to herself too much, and she's thankful that her friend was considerate enough to do that job for her, she can be too harsh on herself sometimes, and too naive, and that's what made her friend want to protect her, she didn't like that, since she's convinced that she can handle herself.

"Ieri we should head out and get some lunch, it's already past 12 and we still haven't eaten-- plus I'm starving" Her friend said as she stretched her limbs.

"Maybe you're right, we've been studying for like 6 hours" She stated as she started to close the books, readying her library pass card.

"I still can't believe how you can hold your hunger that long-- I mean I get it you're a bookworm, but I never expected you to be eating the whole library" He friend whispered to her, tidying up their things, putting it on her bag as she handed Ieri a few of her things which she borrowed during their study.

"That's mean Aofe, well I have spent almost all my life in libraries anyways, so I'll take that as a compliment" She chuckled, as she walked side by side with her friend, exiting the huge library.

"Carlos and the others are going to raid a C-rank gate, I'll tag along with them, are you coming?" Aofe asked, both of them stopping in front of the library's entrance, before they took a step down the stairs.

"Well, there's an exam this thu--" She was cut off by her friend.

"Oh come on! We've studied enough, that was our 7th review already, I bet we can pass the exam without even trying?" Aofe groaned, as Ieri laughed at her friend being so fed up with studying.

"The caf--" She got cut off by her friend once again.

"Hell, you're earning more money by raiding gates than being a cashier in a cafe" She stated.

"I'm actually a barista" Ieri sweat drops at her friend's boldness.

"Yeah I know, I just forgot what you guys are called" Aofe grinned. "I'm just kidding, also, you can just chat me or call me if you're going, don't force yourself omkay? Lavya~" Her friend winked at her as she left Ieri in front of the library, she just chuckled at her friend's behaviour as she started to walk down the stairs and head to her apartment.

She decided to just work at the café and live a peaceful life there, she's not very fond of killing monsters, nor fond of killing. She never liked anything related to chaos. She'd rather live free and in peace.

She entered the café as her co workers greeted her as soon as she entered workplace, the café isn't that busy, nor is it big, the café is her comfort since she enjoyed the aroma of the coffee, she also enjoyed making coffee, also interacting with people-- not too much, she'll cry if she's overwhelmed by people.

She just enjoyed her day there and left after her schedule. She bid her goodbyes to her co-workers, after changing to her normal clothes then left the café.

It is currently 6pm and she is walking to go back home, her little brother waiting. She's still a few kilometres away from her house, so it might take her some time to get back, she's just thankful she left the house with some snacks for her brother to eat while she's waiting for him, and told him to ask for Mrs. Peril if he could stay the night if ever she's still not home past 6:30pm.

She yawned, pulling out her phone from her pockets and started to dial their landline in order to call her brother, so she could tell him to stay at mrs, Peril early since she forgot something at the library.

TIME SKIP... _| <
WARNING: SA mentioned

She pulled out her phone once again and saw that it was currently 8:46 pm. "I've been away so late, I should hurry back home" She stated as she started to walk at a fast pace.

The street was eerily quiet, she liked quiet places, but quiet places that make her uncomfortable, is a different one.

She took a turn on the left, and realised that she shouldn't have done that. Men started to round her up, and calling her names.

"Little lady, it's getting late, do you want us to walk you home?" One asked.

"I'm sorry but, I can walk myself home, I appreciate the concern~" She smiled at them as she tried to walk away from the five men, but one gripped her left arm, making her look at him.

"Hold on, we're still not done, I mean, it's a kind gesture, why reject it? Who knows what will happen to such a beautiful young lady like you outside... Alone" One stated, and this made her uncomfortable.

"I think I made myself clear that I can walk myself home thank you~" She repeat herself as she pulled her arm from the man, but found herself bumping her back on to another man's hard chest.

And...

"NO!"

"PLEASE STOP!"

"I'M BEGGING YOU PLEASE STOP!

" NO I HAVE A FAMILY WAITING FOR ME"

"Please... "

"Ho.....w c....oul...d y...ou"

TIME SKIP_| <

She was there on her hospital bed, sitting, looking outside the window. After 4 days of staying inside the hospital, only the light and the window accompanied her.

There was a knock on the door, before it opened, her mom entered, her brother following behind.

"Ieri?" Her mom started, as she just looked outside the window for a few minutes and looked at where her mom and brother were, they were standing beside her bed now. "How are you? I got you oranges" Her mom smiled "your favourite"

She just looked at the oranges and at her mom, she looked at her brother, then smiled at them, she didn't want to look weak in front of her two loving family, especially her brother.

"Thank you mom, I really appreciate it, I will be gobbling them up after I eat lunch" She grinned, "Maxwell~ how's school? " Her 9 year old brother's frown turned into a grin.

"I GOT 10 STARS AND 2 RIBBONS!!" he proudly showed her arms 5 stars each on his arms and boasted his chest upwards so his sister could see his achievements.

"Wow!! That's so great! I knew my brother was a genius! So proud of yoouu Max!" Her sister complimented as her brother squealed and jumped onto her bed hugging her.

"When I grow up! I will be a hunter! So strong that no one can hurt my sissy anymore!" Her brother grinned at her, as she smiled at him back.

"You're already strong now! Bet you'll be stronger when you become one!" She smiled at him hugging him, ignoring the pain when Maxwell suddenly tackled her into a hug.

"I promise you sissy, I will always be here to protect you"

"I know you will protect me Max~"

"I love you sissy Ieie (iye-iye) "

"I love you too Maxy~"

The two hugged as Ieri looked up to her mother, noticing that her eyes were full of guilt, guilt that she wasn't there to protect her daughter, that she's also busy with work, if only she earned enough money, her daughter wouldn't be doing part time jobs.

Ieri smiled at her mom softly, as she invited her into their warm hug. Her mom smiled and hugged her children, Maxwell once again squealed.

"YEY GROUP HUGG!! " he exclaimed.

"GROUP HUG!! " Their mom, and Ieri said at the same time as they all enjoyed the hug.

"IERIIII!!!" her friend can be heard from outside of her room, Aofe entered along with the other hunter friends they have.

"WE'VE ARRIVED!" she grinned at her friend as they all spent the whole visiting time bonding and laughing.

They were the only reason why she's still fighting, they're the reason why her pain is tolerable, that she's still standing, she loves them both.

TIME SKIP_| <
2 weeks later....

"Huh?" She said, looking at the 'house' that they live in, well now destroyed, frozen. Her phone is still in hand near her ear.

Her legs were wiggling, but her instinct got the best of her, she ran towards the gate that was resting on the place where their house should be.

There was a gate breakthrough this morning, she's expecting it to be somewhere else, but as soon as she heard the news, her blood ran cold. After rampaging, the monsters immediately went back to their gate and took her family with them-- well, her brother. Her mother's body was missing, her friend-- Aofe called her, and told her what happened to their house. Aofe and her guild members are already in the cave searching for her family and still haven't come back yet, she came as fast as she could.

As soon as she entered the gate, all she could see was blood, blood everywhere.

She was in horror, she just ran and ran, deeper into the cave, hoping that she could still see her brother, her mom or friends.

All she could do was hope, but then, there they were, she saw Aofe, her friend fighting an ogre, larger than the normal size. But before she could scream out her name, the ogre's bat hit Aofe's body, cutting her in half, only the lower part was left. She stared in horror. She hid behind a stone. 'how, they told us that the dungeon is only a C-rank one, how come they're all wiped out?!' She thought.

"Ieri.... R..un" She heard a weak whisper on her right, and what she saw terrified her. There he is, their raid leader Carlos, is missing 2 limbs, sitting on the side, using the stoned wall as his support. "Everyone else is... Wiped ou--"

"Where is Maxwell?" All she could ask.

"He was taken"

"Where?"

Carlos pointed to where he saw where the ogres went. "There.... Ple..ase. Don't g..o, there's no... use"

Despite trying his best to stop his friend, she was too stubborn when it came to her brother, she didn't want them to die 'don't die on me Max please... '

She ran and ran, avoiding the area where she could be easily spotted by the ogre's eye.

Then she arrived at her desired destination, where her brother was laid flat on a stone that manifested the shape of a table with a dagger pierced on his heart.

"I sense another aura in the room, same as this sacrifice" A deep raspy loud voice exclaimed in monster language. Every eyes eyes fell on her small figure as the huge one among all the ogres sent her a wide menacing grin. "You're blood is needed here, this little insect can't fill up the goblet, why not help your relative fill it up?" The monster laughed.

She just stood there, frozen, everything was a blur, she couldn't even understand what the monster was saying, her eyes were just focused on her brother's lifeless body. She was fuming in rage, she just can't express it, she didn't know how to, she didn't know what to do, she's hopeless, helpless, clueless, and useless.

"The bigger version did her job, but the blood is still not enough~" The monster spoke in its language, as it threw a limb in front of her, her still can't understand a single thing coming out from its mouth, but as soon as she saw the limb, her eyes grew terrified, those pale delicate skin, and the bracelet her and her brother made for their mother, was equipped on that arm.

"Mom....." Her voice came out so silent and raspy, she can't speak properly anymore, she's too weak to do so, and too tired.

Then everything was a blur, the ogres grabbed her, she tried to wiggle herself out of their grasps, but failed, she was frantically screaming, the leader of the monsters seemed to be getting more annoyed.

She was weak, the ogres pinned her down on the stone table, as she just accepted her fate, she moved her head to look at her dead brother beside her. She wanted everything to end. She just wanted this to stop. The ogre then positioned itself on the side of the table, pulling out the dagger that was once pierced on her brother's chest. Raising it slowly above its head.

"Oh hail A̵̢̩̱̦̳͐̿̍̊͋͑̏͛̉̒͂̅̇̒͛́̂͗̾̈̐̾̾̃͛̂̏̎̚̚͘͠ą̴̨̢̥̬̳̱̱͍͖̖̭̺͍̹͕͇͙͇̥͎͓̣͎͚̳̞̯̼͚̫̄̿̅̾͗̉̑͌̑̅̃̀̓́͆͐̓́̉͋̒̑̔͆͂̍̚̚r̸̢̨͍̟͙̖̭̪̣͖̘̬͉̭̤͎̖̮͕̗̲̹͂̀̉̇̃͆̔̊̔̋̀̑̊̊̀̎̈́̚ş̸̬̥̱̖̼̫͔̣̲͚͚̳̖̻̘͙̠̯̹͛̇͌͒̈́̈́̐̓͑̿̊̌͑̏̃̎̇̿̾͒̍̉̆̈́̿̓̀͊̈́̎͂̕͘̕͘h̵͔̫̘͓̍̄͒̌͌̈́͌́̾͂̅̍̒͛̈́̎̓̀́̕̚͜ĩ̷̛̛͇̤̰̟̝͍̯̦̼͉͚̯͖̦͔̩̰̦͇̘̝̦̣̲̮͍̼̣͕̩̩̌̀́̽̄͊̀̈́̾̇̌̆̀̌͋̄̚͝ͅy̷̢̧̫̲̮̳̞̫̥͒̏͐̐͐͒̐̈́̔̃͂̓̂͊̂̌͂͗̈́̊̃̏̑̅͑̍̏̏́̅̚͝ḁ̴̛̩̻͉̼̮̱̫̮̗̻̯̓̊̀̈́̔̀͒̏̾͘͝ the great holy mage,

I Kargalgan have an offer to fend you, come and guide us, may you accept this 3rd sacrifice that we offer, and lend me strength and power, to take over THE HUMAN WORLD!" The huge ogre chanted, then as soon as it finished, he struck it on her chest,

She didn't know how to react, she was supposed to scream, but she just let out a gasp, with a shaky breath as she exhaled. Her fingers shook, soon her limbs, unknown to her body how to respond to the extreme pain she's feeling.

The lead mage ogre just kept on chanting, everything was blurry, her eyes started to form dark circles on her vision, as blood started to pour out of her mouth.

Then a loud ringing noise can be heard, all she can hear is ringing, then a blinding light the pain increases as It goes on and on, this keeps on going after a few minutes, then it soon her vision became black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.5K 916 8
A Sung Jin-woo x OC Three-shot! Everyone wondered why the Renowned strongest S-Rank Hunter Sung Jin-woo had started to visit the South City of Seoul...
300K 14.6K 52
We don't meet people by incident, they are meant to cross our path for a reason. In which you found yourself in the world of Solo Leveling, a manhwa...
15.4K 701 36
He had an evil grin on his face, "It's only just the beginning. We will meet again and this time you will be mine." His deep and dark voice sends shi...
31.8K 1.2K 22
wrote this 2 months ago but only publishing it now on 08/10/22 started: 05/08/22 published: 08/10/22 completed: 16/01/24