Hai Tujhe Bhi Izazat

By eliraovertheclouds

In Physics, we learn 'Opposites attract', in Chemistry, we learn 'Like dissolves like' and in Biology we lear... More

Character Aesthetics
Chapter 1: Her Life
Chapter 2: His Life
Chapter 3: Hope For The Best
Chapter 4: Varanasi It Is
Chapter 5: Cold Coffee And Sandwiches
Chapter 6: Not Good For Health?
Chapter 7: A Favour
Chapter 8: Anatomy Class
Chapter 9: A New Couple?
Chapter 10: Library Lessons
Chapter 11: Crush?
Announcement
Announcement
Chapter 12: Canteen Or Tea Stall?
Chapter 13: Trouble
Chapter 14: Regret
Chapter 15: Jealous
Chapter 16: Sorry?
Chapter 17: Caring
Chapter 18: New Feelings
Chapter 19: Confused Feelings
Chapter 20; To Be Brave
Chapter 21: Misunderstandings
Chapter 22: Choose Her
Chapter 23 Doing what's right
Chapter 24: Changing Perspective
Chapter 25: Inside the mansion
Chapter 26: Dilemma
Chapter 27: At the police station
Chapter 28: During the holidays
Chapter 29: A mistake
Chapter 30: Brotherly bond
Chapter 31: Movie Night
Chapter 32: Field Trip
Chapter 33: Discovering the truth
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Announcement
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
A/N
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Epilogue

Chapter 56

688 54 9
By eliraovertheclouds

Abhi woke up around five in the morning finding Aaradhya cuddled into him and sleeping peacefully on the floor. He wanted to stay there like that but it would become awkward once she got up. She was emotional yesterday but when she starts thinking rationally again, she will consider this a mistake. So he got up carefully trying his best not to disturb her and decided to leave. But it would be uncomfortable to sleep on the floor, so he picked her up in his arms and laid her gently on her bed, covered her with a blanket, kissed her forehead lightly and forced himself to leave the place.

That man is going to pay. He is going to destroy Harshit's career. Well, he destroyed it himself but Abhi will make sure to make it worse for him. He was proud of Aaradhya. She doesn't need someone to protect her. She is very much capable of it herself and she proved it yesterday.

He went to his apartment. He doesn't live with his parents now. His brother has shifted to Noida because he handles the company branch there. And without him, he doesn't want to live in that house. His mother was upset about him moving out and he did not want to hurt her either but he didn't want to see his father's face every day. He knows this is very selfish of him but he just cannot help it. He just wants to live alone in peace. He was not sure about the peace part but the least he could afford was to live alone and he did that.

Aaradhya woke up and found herself on her bed covered with a warm blanket. She recalled the events of last night. Abhi was here with her. Did he leave already? She looked around the room hoping to see him anywhere. Then she rushed to her drawing room finding it empty too. He left. He was supposed to leave. But he could have stayed until she woke up or he should have informed her before leaving at least.

She sat there on the couch for some time thinking about him. Can someone be more selfish than her? She wants him close when she needs him and then maintains her distance whenever she wants. What a selfish bitch she is! How was he still so kind to her?

First, she decided to take a day off and mourn over her life for the rest of the day but then she decided against it. The hospital staff must have many questions regarding the whole thing and she needs to answer them. So she gained all her strength and got ready for the day.

***************************************

"Thank god, you are here! Why were you not answering our calls and what am I hearing? That scum is arrested anyways..." Pooja said as soon as Aaradhya came out of the lift.

"Yeah...."

"Aaradhya! Are you alright, child?" Dr Dalmia said approaching her.

"Yes sir I am fine," she told him.

"I am so sorry. You have to face this here in the department where you save the lives of others. I am really ashamed..." he continued.

"No sir. Please don't say that. It's no one's fault. And I am alright," she stopped him.

"You are a brave girl, Aaradhya. I am so proud of you. Dr Abhimanyu told me everything. You can take a day off today. Go and rest," he said smiling at the young girl.

"It's ok sir. I don't need a day off. I am perfectly fine to work," she said giving him a confident smile and he nodded.

And soon they all became busy in their worlds. In solving others' lives deadly diseases when their own were falling apart. But this is how life works. Professional and personal life can't be mixed and one doesn't stop for the other.

She was about to leave when she received a call from her mother. Her mother told her about a guy with whom they were thinking of fixing her marriage. She wants Aaradhya to come home this weekend and meet his family. If everything goes well then maybe they can take things further. Aaradhya had declined many such offers earlier but she accepted to meet his family.

This is her chance to move away from here. To move away from Abhi. That man deserves the world. She is not worth his time. If she gets engaged maybe then it will be a lot easier for him to move on. So she accepted the offer. The only bad thing is that Pooja was with her when she was talking with her mother. She just hopes this girl does not spread this news in the hospital. She asked her to keep it a secret until things are fixed but she knows Pooja. That girl is always excited and there is a high chance she would speak about it in her excitement. Aaradhya doesn't want Abhi to know anything until everything is fixed. She will tell him about it herself and move away then.

Aaradhya decided to do a little shopping for her siblings and cousins before going to Lucknow this time. It's been a long time since she gave them gifts. And she wanted some distraction. So she went to the mall near her hospital.

There she saw a lady in her late fifties struggling to hold the shopping bags together. Without thinking much she rushed to help her.

"I'll hold them for you, Aunty," she offered.

"That's so sweet of you. Thank you!" she smiled showing her dimples. Her dimples reminded her of Abhi. She shook her head hurriedly to come out of his thoughts.

"No problem Aunty," Aaradhya smiled.

"Are you here alone?" The woman asked.

"Yes," Aaradhya replied slowly walking with her.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Aaradhya," she replied.

"Aaradhya?" That woman looked shocked, stopping and looking at her. Aaradhya raised her eyebrows.

"Is something wrong?" Aaradhya asked.

"Aaradhya Raghuvanshi?" she asked.

"Ye... Yes," Aaradhya said. How does she know her name? She tried to recall but she could not remember if this woman had ever been her patient. Her face looked familiar though.

"You are a doctor, right?" the woman asked further.

"How do you know that?" Aaradhya asked, confused.

"I am Savitri Singh Rathod, Abhimanyu's mother," she told her slowly.

Aaradhya's eyes widened. Why is her luck like this? How does she always land near those people from whom she is trying to run away? She observed the woman now. No doubt she looked familiar. Abhi has her eyes and smile. She came here to distract herself. Great distraction!

"Can we talk?" Savitri asked her carefully.

She has only heard Aaradhya's name until now. She always wondered what was so special about that girl that her son was so involved with her. He shifted countries because if her. His relationship with his father is still sour and he does not live in their house anymore. All because of this girl. But she cannot bring herself to hate her. And now when she has met her, when this girl has just randomly helped her without even knowing who she was, she understands why Abhi has not still not moved on.

"Aunty.... I... I don't think that would be a good idea," Aaradhya said not meeting her eyes.

This woman must be mad at her. Her son left the country because of her. She has been so selfish to push him away at no fault of his own. His mother would take out all her anger on her today. Aaradhya doesn't want that. She needs to leave. She doesn't need more drama.

"Please. Just five minutes. In the food court only," she pleaded.

"Ok," Aaradhya said accepting her defeat.

Fifteen minutes later they were sitting comfortably in the food court in front of each other with a cup of coffee in their hand.

"So how have you been?" Savitri asked breaking the silence.

"Fine," Aaradhya replied.

"How's your father now?" she asked.

"He's doing well."

"Nice to hear that. And what about you? Married or engaged?"

"N...No," Aaradhya said uncomfortably.

"Oh! Why? You have a successful career now. Why are you not settled yet?" she asked further.

Aaradhya looked away uncomfortably. What was this? An interview. Why is she asking such weird questions? She doesn't want to answer them.

"Didn't get someone better than my son," Savitri said playfully.

Aaradhya looked at her. There is no one better than your son, she wanted to say but decided to keep her silence.

"Do you still have feelings for him?" Savitri asked.

"No Aunty. I don't. Why are you asking all these? I am sorry if I caused trouble for your family but I never intended to do that. And I'll keep my distance from him, I promise. You don't have to worry about it," Aaradhya said finally. She wanted to assure her that she would not cause any more trouble in her son's life.

"I am not worried about you coming back to his life, Aaradhya. Over the past few days, Abhi has become normal again. I thought he had finally moved on but you are here which means he must have met you too. And that's why he is behaving normally again. I want what's best for my son. And if his happiness lies with you, I don't have any problem with that," Savitir told her.

"He deserves better, Aunty. He'll get someone who deserves a man like him. My parents have fixed my marriage and I am going to marry someone else soon. So it's better if we don't bring the past up again," she half lied. Her marriage was not fixed yet but Abhi's mom didn't need to know that. Aaradhya just needs to get out of here as soon as possible.

"Oh! Co... Congratulations," Savitri said.

"Will you help me carry these to my car? Only if you are comfortable," she added pointing towards the shopping bags.

"Sure," Aaradhya said and picked up most of the bags and Savitri picked up the others and they moved towards the parking. As soon as they reached there Savitri's driver took the bags from them and kept them in the trunk.

"Thanks. It was nice meeting you, beta," Savitri said patting Aaradhya's head lovingly.

"I'll go now," Aaradhya said turning to leave.

"Aaradhya!" she called.

"Yes?" Aaradhya asked turning to her again.

"If you ever change your mind, I'll be with you," Savitri said sitting in her car and waving.

Aaradhya stood there looking at the retreating car. Why was his mother not mad at her? Well, she was Abhi's mother. When she has raised a gem of a child then she must be a beautiful soul herself. Only if his father was also like that. But she cannot blame his father completely. She was at fault too for her state. She decided to go back to her flat and cry there. Shopping can wait.

***************************************

It's difficult to keep someone's secret safe with you. Pooja has experienced it many times in her life but not telling about Aaradhya going to meet his maybe future husband to others was more difficult. She was happy for Aaradhya but she can't tell anyone about it! So she tried to keep it to herself for a complete day. But the next day she told about it to Dr Trisha. Trisha was also a good friend of Aaradhya. She will not be mad at her for this.

Trisha was Pritam's girlfriend. She didn't know about Aaradhya and Abhi's history though. In sharing her daily details with her boyfriend she talked about her colleague Aaradhya who was gonna meet a guy for marriage.

And Pritam was Abhi's best friend. How could he not tell about it to him? His intention of telling this to Abhi was to tell him that she was moving on in her life and that he should do the same. Abhi did not react, and neither did he look mad. He just left. He tried to ignore the heavy feeling in his chest. But failed to do so. And the next day he was standing outside Aaradhya's office in the hospital.

"What happened? Why are you here?" she asked when he entered.

He did not say anything just sat in front of her observing her.

"Abhi? What happened?" she asked again.

"Nothing. Just came to ask if you need any help in preparation for your wedding?" he said.

"W...wedding?" she asked confused.

"Yeah. You are going to meet your to-be husband, aren't you?" he asked.

"Who... Who told you that?" she asked not meeting his eyes.

"Doesn't matter. Just dropped to say best of luck," he said smiling at her.

She did not say anything. She just kept looking at her intertwined hands. This is what she wanted, right? For him to think that she is moving on.

"I am afraid for the patients whose hearts you treat," he said further.
"Because that's the thing you know nothing about," he said getting up and leaving.

She closed her eyes allowing the tears to fall freely. She is so tired of all this. She doesn't even know why is she alive still. She doesn't even want to live further. But she needed to report to Operation Theatre in half an hour for a bypass surgery. So she wiped her tears and got ready for that. She has to save someone else life. Someone who is probably much more worthy to live in this world than her. Her sulking over her life has to wait for a few hours.

***************************************
Do vote and comment guys.

Hope you like the chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.5K 5.8K 18
Samira , when develops a huge crush on her senior Aahan , things don't go her way; will her life change? or this crush ends just like how most people...
Tangled Hearts By ☆

General Fiction

3.5K 255 15
(Painfully Slow Updates) When two hearts love each other then it becomes a LOVESTORY. When two hearts fulfil their love then it becomes a FAIRYTALE. ...
20.1K 1K 42
He loved her, Just like how much she loved him. He loved her, and he confessed just now. He loved her more than his dreams and goals. But could she b...
1.6K 106 15
"FOR ALL THE GIRLS WHO THINK IT IS ONE-SIDED, BUT DEEP DOWN, SOMEWHERE, THEY KNOW THAT IT IS NOT" _____________ Anyone would be on cloud nine if t...